Carrot Juice reviews

4.3/5 - 3 reviews

highly anti-inflammatory
Reviewed on January 23, 2014

Carrot juice is highly anti-inflammatory and very high in retinol. I juice about 10 carrots along with a few stalks of celery, a beet and one apple and drink this juice throughout the day, and my skin looks great. Highly pigmented vegetables can improve your color if you are like me and are very pale. My cheeks have a rosier tint now.

CarrotJuiceReview, Los Angeles, California
Reviewed on November 3, 2012

I broke out with some acne on my forehead during the summer (when my skin gets clogged form sweat and dirt in the air) and decided to drink carrot juice since my friend recommended that it helped her with her light acne. I drank one full cup of carrot juice everyday (and sometimes, even two) for about 2 weeks. I noticed results of good skin after a few days but i went a bit overboard and overdid it and I noticed the corners of my lips began to peel, crack and dry up starting with the right side of my lip corner - I had gotten the dreaded Angular Cheilitis (I took care of that with bee pollen pills) and when i did a bit of digging online about AC, I found out it was rooted to too much vitamin A. So be careful, carrot juice is good for the skin; taken in moderation can prevent and/or reduce your chance of developing acne, but too much can be a bad thing. I continue to take in the drink, but i had to wait 2-3 weeks before i drank any to balance everything out in my body. I now drink it at least 3-4 times every 2 weeks. Thanks for reading, hope this helped :)

by downtownguy on 08/20/2013 02:13
It is my understanding that if you're using carrot juice over, say a 25,000 IU Vitamin A capsule, carrot juice is much more safe because its Vitamin A primarily comes in the form of beta-carotene which is water soluble and has very little chance of toxicity.
Anonymous, St. Louis
Reviewed on May 9, 2010

I read about drinking carrot juice on another acne website somewhere, so I bought the Bolthouse Farms carrot juice and drank 1/3 of the bottle per day. One week later, my acne started clearing up dramatically. Granted, I was also using Aczone and sodium sulfacetamide topically at the time, but I didn't notice the results so dramatically as when I started drinking carrot juice. My forehead had about 15 pustules, and a few were on my cheek and chin as well. Now, they have ALL gone down, and I only have the scars to deal with. Give it at least a week, and if nothing happens, at least you got some more vitamins in your diet.