Page 16 of Calamine Lotion reviews

4.5/5 - 187 reviews

Calamine Lotion

Calamine is either a mixture of zinc oxide (ZnO) with about 0.5% ferric oxide (Fe2O3) or a zinc carbonate compound.

Caladryl Lotion, Calamine Plus Itch Reliever, 6-Ounce Bottle
updated: 12/03/2016 19:06 UTC
Walgreens Calahist Medicated Calamine Lotion, 6 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 22:57 UTC

Reviewed on May 25, 2008

this stuff is amazing. calamine is great for cystic pimples, regular pimples, blackheads-- it's even good as an occasional clarifying face mask (moisturize w/ the gel from a vitamin E capsule after use- vitamin E soothes and heals, while calamine is used primarily as something that draws things out)

i can't even use the harsh spot treatments; they literally burn my skin. calamine works great for people with sensitive skin. it's also *cheap*. i don't even buy face masks or astringents anymore- i just use calamine.

Reviewed on May 22, 2008

it dries whiteheades right outt!

Reviewed on May 15, 2008

I'm 29 and I have moderate acne. I use proactive and that hasn't entirely cleared up my skin, but the addition of calamine lotion as a face mask daily really seems to have helped. It's non-irritating but still seems to manage to dry up the problem areas.

I am also really bad about picking my spots (I know, I am trying so hard to stop!) so I wonder if the fact that it's a bit antiseptic is part of what's really helping the areas I've picked heal faster.

Reviewed on April 29, 2008

I've been on Accutane twice, so obviously I tend to have problematic skin. After using Accutane, acne will be non existent for a year or so but will then come back. Mine came back about 2 years after this time, and it spread from my chin to the apples of my cheek. Not cute. Anyway, within a few hours, everything dried up and all the redness disappeared. I was literally about to pick up the phone and make a dermatologist appt. the same day I tried this..I would have spend hundreds. TRY IT! It's so cheap anyway.

Reviewed on April 27, 2008

calamine lotion works better than any spot treatment i have tried and i have tried tons.

Reviewed on April 4, 2008

Not sure what all the hype is. It didn't do anything for me.

Reviewed on March 20, 2008

WOW! So, for the past three years my skin has been acne covered and acne red mark covered! I normally wear a mud mask at night to help it, but I ran out last week! Randomly I decided to use calamine lotion on my face as my night mask. I woke up the next morning amazed! REDNESS 40% GONE! Pimples 60% GONE! I did it again the next night, REDNESS 70% GONE, Pimples 90% GONE! The night after that, REDNESS 90% GONE! Pimples 100% GONE! Then last night I had to exfoliate my skin cuz it was getting really dry. So it set me back a little. It made my face get to about 40% Redness, Pimples still gone. Now tonight I have a mask on, and about to go to sleep. Hopefully a big improvement tonight! :D I'll write again tomorrow to update!

by spotonchar on 07/30/2013 18:50
hey to combat the runnyness i paint mine on with a paint brush (yeah a kids paintbrush) it works a treat and makes the application so much more hassle free! :)
Reviewed on March 11, 2008

I am 27 and have had acne problems and blemishes periodically for the last few years. I have spent so mucjh money on face products and makeup to clear my skin up. My mom told me to put calamine lotion on my face at night and I thought to myself, that's crazy. But after purchasing my last product(Murad), I decided to give it a try hoping for some type of relief. Well it has been a week and my skin looks great.I would recommend calamine lotion to anyone that is frustrated with their acne issues.

Reviewed on March 4, 2008

cleared my face.. wear it all the time..

Reviewed on February 5, 2008

I had a giant cystic pimple on my cheek. Normally, I would spot treat it with Proactiv 6% benzoyl peroxide, and it would get super dry and take about a week to completely heal. I decided to try calamine lotion instead and my cystic pimple went from a painful deep hard round lump to disappearing completely in only 3 nights of spot treatment! I now have a tiny dry spot where I applied the calamine, but it was much less drying than the 6% BP!