Page 16 of Calamine Lotion reviews

4.5/5 - 173 reviews

Calamine is either a mixture of zinc oxide (ZnO) with about 0.5% ferric oxide (Fe2O3) or a zinc carbonate compound.

Caladryl Lotion, Calamine Plus Itch Reliever, 6-Ounce Bottle
Walgreens Calahist Medicated Calamine Lotion, 6 oz
Swan Calamine Lotion - (2) 6 Oz. Bottles

Reviewed on January 14, 2008

I have tried everything, and when I say everything, I mean it! I have been on Accutane 3 times since aget 19. All three times it worked for about a year, then the acne came back. I have tried every antibiotic and prescription strength skin cream/gel/liquid. Nothing so far compares to the use of calamine lotion. I could have saved hundreds of dollars if I had been aware of this little known "secret". I have very fair skin and it has become sensitive in the past year, so I have been limited to what I can now use on my face. I am 32 and have been dealing w/ acne since age 12. I highly recommend anyone having problems with acne to try calamine lotion!

Reviewed on January 6, 2008

Its good to use to keep the acne at bay and helps reduce redness. All I do is put it on at night before I go to bed and usually when I wake up most of it has flaked off but my skin isn't as red as it was the night before. Good spot treatment if you want to get rid of redness quickly. Just dab a little on, wait until it starts to dry and flake off, wash it off, and the redness should have gone down a lot. Definitely worth trying, because it doesn't irritate the skin and only takes around 15 mins to dry :)

Reviewed on January 2, 2008

I put it on and the next day when i woke up my skin was flawless.

Reviewed on December 11, 2007

works great. i've had acne since i turned 11 (i am now 13), and a lady at the doctor's office told me to use it because it helped her daughters. i tried it on my forehead, which is the only place i get pimples (but there's enough to cover my whole face up there!), and it was gone the next day! i was so happy. :) everyone who has acne should try it.

Reviewed on December 2, 2007

I haven't been using this all over my skin, but I have applyed it to individual pimples..and I have to say, it really does dry it up, and make it much smaller. I only apply it at night, and as a spot treatment. Dan's bp has really gotten my skin under control, but when I see a pimple about to come..i dab this on..and its just about gone by the morning. Plus its extremely cheap..and a little goes a long way.

Reviewed on November 20, 2007

I reccommend Calladryl More Cuz You Can Wear It all Day

Reviewed on November 10, 2007

you might want to try it out for spot treatment. its cheap too :) and helps to minimize redness and the swelling the morning after.

Reviewed on October 17, 2007

I wasn't sure something so simple as calamine lotion could work, but so many people praised it on here that I decided to give it a whirl. And I'm really glad that it did. It's meant to bring out the oils from poison ivy, so it makes sense that it brings out the junk from pimples. Real calamine lotion also has zinc oxide in it, which is one of the main ingredients in ScarZone, so it may also help reduce scarring from pimples. I'm defintely going to keep using it.

Reviewed on September 29, 2007

I have wasted sooooo much cash on stuff that did nothing for my acne(it came about a year after I had a baby and has not stopped). So I was reading about home remedies for acne, came across this, tried it (what have you got to lose, a buck?). You can feel it working. I'm never using anything else.

Reviewed on July 29, 2007

I was so desperate because my pregnancy acne was really out of control, and I don't have any options when it comes to medications. My face was in so much pain (I have never had acne before my pregnancy) and I was just so embarrassed, I didn't want to step outside. I saw it sitting in the medicine cabinet and decided, why not give that a try? The next morning, I couldn't believe how much my face improved. This is the last acne medication I will ever buy!