Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser reviews

2.6/5 - 11 reviews

Brand: Burt's Bees

Salicylic Acid (1.0%).

Water, decyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, sucrose laurate, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, coco-betaine, betaine, beta vulgaris (beet) root extract, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) leaf extract, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, hydroxypropyltrimonium honey, glycerin, glyceryl oleate, coco-glucoside, fragrance, glucose, alcohol denat., glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, citric acid, sodium chloride.

Worked for a while
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

This helped my breakouts when I first started to use it, but after about a month my skin went back to breaking out. My skin has this same reaction to most cleansers, so it might work great for someone else.

Have hope in this cleanser. Gentle low percentage of salicylic acid (1%)
Reviewed on May 6, 2015

I believe and have hope in this cleanser because its a low percentage of salicylic acid (1%) and since it comes from a natural source (willow bark). I don't believe this cleanser has any irritating ingredients so thats a plus. If you have mild to severe acne I doubt this cleanser by itself will clear up your acne but I believe if you combine it with the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment the use of these two should work well in fighting acne. I've been using this cleanser and I stick to a strict regiment just like acne.org suggest: Washing my face gently twice a day (morning & night), using the benzoyl peroxide treatment (after my morning & night cleanse), and ALWAYS moisturizing with a non pore clogging moisturizer. I also take the vitamins acne.org suggest: zinc, vitamin a, vitamin d3 (search for the vitamins article here on acne.org and read the whole article so you know what you're doing). So far doing this regiment daily strictly has helped me stay 90% acne clear. I will once in a while get a pimple or a zit but applying a coat of benzoyl peroxide on it over night or throughout the day helps in getting rid of it.

Broke me out! Read the description
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

Don't let this product scare you away from the Burts Bee's brand. I was shocked at how it turned out. Disappointing.

emily, OH
Reviewed on April 11, 2012

this didn't work for me when i tried it years ago. Now i am using burts bee's sensitive skin cleanser. it does wonders for my acne. it is not an acne cleanser, but all u need is something tht isnt harsh tht will get rid of impurities. i saw a review where a boy said he used all natural facewash etc and his acne went away. he said another man reccomended it to him. so now i reccomend it to you, because it works, eat healthy, use a facewash tht isnt for acne but natural, and drink lots of water. the sensitive facewash from burt is hypoallegenic, soap free, non comdegenic, paraben free, dermatologist tested and many more. left my skin soft, beautiful, and even strted to get rid of scars w/in a few days.

Reviewed on December 19, 2011

I was attracted to the whole 'natural ingredients' revolution that's been going on lately in skincare products and I suffered from a chemical burn recently so I bought this thinking it might clear up my acne and not irritate my skin. I was so wrong. It caused me some pimples and didn't really cleanse deep in my face. I purchased it in the regime, and I read the amount of SA in each (the lotion, cleanser and spot treatment) and it was very low. The cleanser (I believe) is only 1% and the spot treatment was %0.75. The dosage is way too small. Also, you don't get much of the product considering how much you pay for it. I would steer clear of this, because it's a big waste of money. I ended up taking it back.

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

Good for use with the regimen, but don't use it to prevent zits, unless you're using other products with it.

Oompa, Boston
Reviewed on March 29, 2011

Usually I love burts bees, so I tried this (i was also looking for something without sodium laurel/laureth sulfate). But a day after I started using it i got 2 or 3 very angry pimples a day, for the few days I was using it... when I stopped, no new pimples. Did not work for me. I have mild/moderate acne that seems to be stress related. My skin is on the dry side as well, and pale.

Anonymous, FL
Reviewed on December 31, 2010

Wanted to trial an 'all natural' acne cleanser that was less expensive than one I was using. I switched to Burt's Bee's and it did not help clear my acne. I think it made it worse.

Anonymous, MI
Reviewed on October 1, 2010

I've been using this for about a week and my acne seems to be worse! I suppose I will give it another week and update. At this point I wouldnt recommend this.

Kelsey, St. Pete, FL
Reviewed on July 22, 2010

I started using this stuff this week and I've already noticed that it does a better job than most of the stuff I've tried in the past. It heals acne pretty well and doesn't make your skin red and flaky. Plus the ingredients are mostly natural, which I think will help prevent new breakouts. I use this with the blemish stick stuff as well, and it seems to be working pretty well.

I would recommend it.