Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (4% or 8%) Creamy Wash reviews

4.2/5 - 51 reviews

Brand: Brevoxyl

Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (4% or 8%) Creamy Wash

Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) or (8%).

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Imidurea, Lactic Acid, Methylparaben, Mineral Oil, PEG-14M, Potassium Lauryl Sulfate, Potassium Phosphate, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium PCA, Titanium Dioxide, Zea.

Brevoxyl Benzoyl Peroxide (4% or 8%) Creamy Wash

Seems to be doing the trick!
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

I am one of those unfortunate people who have suffered from mild to moderate acne since my early teen years. When I was young I was prescribed clindamycin by my derm, and it did the trick throughout my teen years upto my second year in college, when my acne suddenly became of a different variety, leaving dark red marks behind, ensuring I always wore concealer, which led to a vicious cycle. Fast forward a year out of college, and I decided to get to the bottom of my skin issues. I consulted a bunch of derms, who all prescribed me the usual suspects: Retin A, Adapalene, Tretinoin Pills, Oral Antibiotics, Benzyl Peroxide and Clindamycin. I was very clear that I didn't want to ingest anything for my acne, and both Retin A and Adapalene broke me out really badly when I first started using them. I know that they are supposed to, but for me this was so bad that I didn't want to get out of bed and go to work. However, I found that using the combination of 5% Benzyl Peroxide and 1% Clindamycin cleared my skin, including the really painful cystic acne I used to get, but it made my skin very very painfully itchy. Even with lots of moisturizer. I persisted and kept using the combination for a few months, which led to completely clear, but extremely itchy skin. I would be sitting in a meeting, and I just couldn't stop itching my face.

I realized that I was going to go mad itching my skin and stopped. And within a month of stopping, the acne came back with a vengeance. I decided that I should try the non-chemical route, and tried a bunch of natural products like sandalwood powder, turmeric, tree tea oil and neem oil. Needless to say, my skin got from bad to worse, with neem oil giving me a horrendous outbreak. At this point I gave in and went back to 5% BP , which started clearing my outbreak, but was making me super itchy as usual. I was talking my my mom about my ordeal, and she suggested I just wash off the BP cream after an hour. Which is when I thought, for the very first time, are there face washes with Benzyl Peroxide in them? And that is how I found Brevoxyl. I have only been using it for a week, and its such a huge relief. I no longer have to suffer from the itchiness of the BP gel, while this facewash continues clearing my skin of pimples. I have been using it twice daily, and it does make your skin dry, so I moisturize afterwards. I am very very thankful to have found a product that is clearing up my skin after years and years!!!

by User189544 on 11/06/2015 18:55
For how long brevoxyl is kept on face before washing it off ?
KERI, HONGKONG
Reviewed on March 15, 2013

I LOVE BREVOXYL ITS SO EFFECTIVE !!! I got rid of all my pimples!! now I got my confidence back! My face is sooooo flawless!!! LOVE IT!!!

by Rishit on 05/10/2015 20:46
Please explain the procedure of applying it
by Rishit on 05/10/2015 20:49
Please explain the procedure of applying it
Anonymous, NY, NY
Matt, CT
Reviewed on December 17, 2009

I was very optimistic trying this product after reading so many good reviews on here. However I had an awful experience with this stuff. My skin peeled so badly that my face was red and raw. I used cetaphil cream (the heavy stuff) and that helped a little. I was using it once a day. I have since switched to Epiduo and have seen great results

mindy, columbus, OH
Reviewed on November 30, 2009

Help81, did you try getting a higher dosage? The same thing happened to me before I got onto birth control and that was 4%. So my doctor put me on 8%, and I never got another zit after that, but birth control is seriously the acne wonder pill.

Garima, India
Reviewed on September 25, 2009

its a very good product...did wonders for me....

Mae, WA
Reviewed on September 14, 2009

Perfect Product! I love it! I used it for 2 weeks then my skin cleared up, then I just use twice a week or when I have breakouts especially during summertime.

Cori
Anonymous, San Diego, CA
Reviewed on January 15, 2009

Buy Creme de la mer PUMP lotion with this. It's expensive but so worth the combined investment. And I never splurge on beauty gimics or "celebrity" products. But now, I never have to take antibiotics. Both Brevoxyl and Creme de la Mer have their own success stories. The two combined have saved my skin. I even failed with two courses of Acutane. So this was a huge success story for me!

Brian, Bangor PA
Reviewed on November 9, 2008

it does what its designed to do