Brevoxyl-4 Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) Cream reviews

3.8/5 - 43 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide (4%).

Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol and Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Simethicone Emulsion, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Fragrance X-23304, Purified Water.

I love it!!!
Reviewed on December 24, 2013

This month I've developed really bad acne on my chin. The spots were all red and I didn't even want to go out my house because they looked awful! So I ordered brevoxyl on eBay and it has really helped my spots! I'm on day three of using it and my spots are nearly all gone! I usually apply this twice a day leave it on at night and when I wake up use tea tree oil as well which helps :)

Worked amazingly for 1 year but acne returned
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

After using Panoxyl 5% and getting a huge swollen red face I needed something more gentle-my dermotologist prescribed me brevoxyl for free on NHS. Despite brevoxyl being 4% I could apply two coatings of it and still not have any redness(used in conjunction with an oil-free moisturizer). As a result I cleared up almost completely and stayed that way for about a year before It became ineffective and I started breaking out again. I'm not sure about the reason why but I switched to epiduo and it has worked wonders.

However, That's not to say that brevoyl wasn't an excellent non-irritating form of BP-you just have to use loads of it

by Gydex95 on 10/08/2013 22:20
Note that I have never used BP face washes-just stick to generic face wash without beads e.t.c and use a scrub or mask once a week to clear up dead skin cells
Worked well
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

It successfully reduced my comedonal acne/ clogged pores very well (but did not completely eliminate it), and I found the 4% strength didn't dry out my skin in comparison to other 5% benzoyl peroxide creams. It goes on smoothly to your skin but takes a bit of massaging to rub it in properly. It has been discontinued in the UK so I've stopped using it and found I am now breaking out so it shows the product was effective.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

I started this treatement with a lot of positive thoughts but sadly it haven't done anything to my face. It just caused me a painful dryness. However ,I recommend it because as i see , this product has many fans. No product was good for me so I have started to take diane 35. I can't wait to see if it works.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

MUST TRY! i simply loved this product. This worked amazingly for me.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

This has cleared my acne along with the face wash from Neutrogena (Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT).

I found that dabbing the cream onto the pimples worked best. Also, spread some on your face even if there aren't pimples in that area, because once your pimple disappears it will move somewhere else! After the cream dries I usually dab another dot onto the pimple. After that the pimple usually disappears within 2 days.

Reviewed on February 27, 2013

In the last few weeks i have had te most irrating forehead so itchy and i would scratch it and could feel the bumps hated it!! So i found this scream called Brevoxyl 4 in my room that my mum got me a while back and it has helped clear up in only 3 days!! I have not worn anything else i.e makeup for 3 days to work just this and it has done wonders!! I would recommend it to anyone!! no more red itchy sports on my head, acne or pimples!!! So happy overall!! :)

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

i used to have severe acne from the age of 11 till 16 when i took acutane pills and cleared up. i used to use brevoxyl when i had severe acne but didnt do much for me. however, now i get 1-2 pimples every month or so and i use brevoxyl and it clears them up after 2-3 applicatons.

Reviewed on December 23, 2012

Really awesome when used properly. I have been using this for a few months now and i have never been so happy with my skin!

start off on a tiny amount at a time to prevent extreme drying so that your skin can take to the product and so that you know if your skin can handle it.

All in all a great product

Reviewed on December 21, 2012

This is a great product i love what it has done for my skin it is clean and clear. This is great for people with moderate or light acne. Start using in very small amounts so that your skin doesnt over react