Brevoxyl-4 Benzoyl Peroxide (4%) Cream reviews

3.7/5 - 45 reviews

Brand: Brevoxyl-4

Benzoyl Peroxide (4%).

Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol and Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Simethicone Emulsion, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Fragrance X-23304, Purified Water.

Fair enough!!
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

Not as efficient as 10% BPO but does it job.Not over drying if used properly.Upside is the fragrance is not bad as other benzoyl peroxide creams.It will treat the spots.but takes it time.

Irritated sensitive skin
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

I used this product morning and night due to my normal skin care routine. I have very sensitive skin so I am often allergic to some ingredients in certain acne creams (for example Epiduo, another cream) causing me to break out horrifically. This happened with this cream. The first few days my skin was ok and the product made my skin feel very soft and smooth, but on the 5th day of using it I broke out awfully with irritated skin.

I love it!!!
Reviewed on December 24, 2013

This month I've developed really bad acne on my chin. The spots were all red and I didn't even want to go out my house because they looked awful! So I ordered brevoxyl on eBay and it has really helped my spots! I'm on day three of using it and my spots are nearly all gone! I usually apply this twice a day leave it on at night and when I wake up use tea tree oil as well which helps :)

Worked amazingly for 1 year but acne returned
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

After using Panoxyl 5% and getting a huge swollen red face I needed something more gentle-my dermotologist prescribed me brevoxyl for free on NHS. Despite brevoxyl being 4% I could apply two coatings of it and still not have any redness(used in conjunction with an oil-free moisturizer). As a result I cleared up almost completely and stayed that way for about a year before It became ineffective and I started breaking out again. I'm not sure about the reason why but I switched to epiduo and it has worked wonders.

However, That's not to say that brevoyl wasn't an excellent non-irritating form of BP-you just have to use loads of it

by Gydex95 on 10/08/2013 22:20
Note that I have never used BP face washes-just stick to generic face wash without beads e.t.c and use a scrub or mask once a week to clear up dead skin cells
Worked well
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

It successfully reduced my comedonal acne/ clogged pores very well (but did not completely eliminate it), and I found the 4% strength didn't dry out my skin in comparison to other 5% benzoyl peroxide creams. It goes on smoothly to your skin but takes a bit of massaging to rub it in properly. It has been discontinued in the UK so I've stopped using it and found I am now breaking out so it shows the product was effective.

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

I started this treatement with a lot of positive thoughts but sadly it haven't done anything to my face. It just caused me a painful dryness. However ,I recommend it because as i see , this product has many fans. No product was good for me so I have started to take diane 35. I can't wait to see if it works.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

MUST TRY! i simply loved this product. This worked amazingly for me.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

This has cleared my acne along with the face wash from Neutrogena (Acne Stress Control Power Cream Wash - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT).

I found that dabbing the cream onto the pimples worked best. Also, spread some on your face even if there aren't pimples in that area, because once your pimple disappears it will move somewhere else! After the cream dries I usually dab another dot onto the pimple. After that the pimple usually disappears within 2 days.

Reviewed on February 27, 2013

In the last few weeks i have had te most irrating forehead so itchy and i would scratch it and could feel the bumps hated it!! So i found this scream called Brevoxyl 4 in my room that my mum got me a while back and it has helped clear up in only 3 days!! I have not worn anything else i.e makeup for 3 days to work just this and it has done wonders!! I would recommend it to anyone!! no more red itchy sports on my head, acne or pimples!!! So happy overall!! :)

by Siddhuuuu on 10/21/2016 06:24
may i know how to use this cream. i just squeeze it into my fore-finger and just keep it on the area of acne and just leave it. i wont massage or spread it. is this a correct way of using the cream?
Reviewed on January 3, 2013

i used to have severe acne from the age of 11 till 16 when i took acutane pills and cleared up. i used to use brevoxyl when i had severe acne but didnt do much for me. however, now i get 1-2 pimples every month or so and i use brevoxyl and it clears them up after 2-3 applicatons.