Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

3.9/5 - 55 reviews

Brand: Braggs

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
Reviewed on February 16, 2017

I think everyone here can agree that any outward sign your body gives (acne, seb derm, psoriasis etc) you can almost always guarantee it has something to do with what's going on inside the body. An overly alkaline body is a body most certainly experiencing skin issues among other things. By adding ACV to your diet, you're balancing the body with acetic acid. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves. First and foremost eating habits must change. Eliminate or limit sweets, breads, alcohol, etc. Avoid preservatives in any form and start introducing healthy foods. Secondly, introduce DILUTED ACV gradually. One or two 8 oz. glasses per day at first but no more than 3 and in the following dose. To 8 oz spring or filtered water, add 2 tsp ACV and 1 tsp lemon juice. One tsp of cranberry juice (100% cranberry - no added sugar) may also be added but this is optional. Drink this blend until symptoms improve and reduce glasses to 1 or 2 per day. It is important to use a straw while drinking diluted ACV to prevent enamel erosion of the teeth. ACV is a natural detox so symptoms will get a little or a lot worse before they get better. Hang in there and you will see wonderful results.

Broke me out
Reviewed on January 19, 2017

Have been using this for about 10 days now but it has only increased whiteheads on my face. Done absolutely nothing for my huge pores and also darken my dark spots. I am confused how does it dry out people's skin, mine is just as oily and I don't even moisturize.

by I just want to be happy on 02/23/2017 03:52
Dude, you need to moisturize. When your moisturize you trick your skin into thinking it doesn't need to produce as much oil which causes less oily skin and a major decrease in likelihood for pimple formation. So find yourself some good moisurizer for oily skin. Concearning the vinigar, I'm actually going to start that today so idk about it like I heard about using it like an hour ago lol.. but first step for you: get some noice moisturizer
Amazing
Reviewed on January 17, 2017

This product is really great. I use as a toner everyday right now. The only down side is it's smell. You will get used to it eventually if you keep on using it. This product didn't really fix everything about my acne, but it helped me manage my moderate acne. Good luck!!

Huge Impact
Reviewed on December 19, 2016

While ACV hasn't been a cure for me, it has secured a place in my routine. I apply it as a diluted toner (50% water 50% ACV) after shaving my face (every 3 days), and on the following day my skin is usually much clearer than it would have been without ACV. I don't use ACV most days or if I'm going outside, because it has an overwhelming scent, but it is good to use after shaving or at night.

Make sure you buy an organic brand with The Mother included (it will say on the bottle). Braggs, Melrose, and Macro Organic all performed identically for me. I didn't find ACV to be effective as a drink.

it works!
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

i have a really bad acne on my forehead.i tried so many toner before.this one is really work.its not showing any progress until about 1 week.i already use it for 3 months now and my skin feels amazing.i still have a couple acne tho.i use it once a day (before i sleep)after i wash my face and just apply it with cotton balls,i also mix it with 1:1 water.i leave it until the next morning.i dont use any moisturizer because it makes my skin feels oily,and for me,the a c v doesn't makes my skin feels dry.AND i also use it on my neck,chest,and bacne,it also works. DEFINITELY WORTH A TRY😄😁

This along others worked for me!
Reviewed on October 13, 2016

I'm writing this 2 months after trying out ACV as a topical and combined with zinc pills and vitamin A. Finally, my skin is very close to pimple free. I had hormonal acne so my jawline and chin were constantly breaking out. Here's what I did.

Gluten free diet

Dairy free diet

Soy free diet

Very low sugar intake

1 5,000IU vitamin A pill with every meal (3x total a day

1 Zinc Pincolate 22mg Pill after breakfast and lunch. (2x total a day

Apple cider vinegar as a toner morning and night when I get out of the shower.

I am so happy with the results! If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them because I know what you're going through! It may seem hard at first and I did slip up a few times but getting a new pimple(s) every time made me regret it! I bought the Solgar Branded pills if anyone wants to know which pills I used.

Never without it
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

I was introduced to the many benefits of ACV back in high school (about to graduate from college now) and since then, I have never been caught without it. Its a WONDERFUL toner & WONDERFUL hair rinse! Tried drinking it a few times but its just so disgusting. Never stuck with it long enough to see results. But, for topical use, it controls break-outs and oil production. What else can I ask for? Well, it stinks pretty badly so I guess I could ask for it to smell better lol however, the smell goes away after it dries. It's definitely worth a try.

worth a try!
Reviewed on August 13, 2016

I dilute this 2 to 1 with water. I wouldn't say it really helps with pimples for me but my skin is far less oily when I use this. also it seems to sort of hydrate my skin since it has that fine lined dehydrated look from benzoyl peroxide. it doesn't really make enough of a difference for me to keep using it but I recommend giving it a try, although it does smell. they say it goes away once it dries but if you sweat or anything you will smell it. this didn't burn or tingle or anything to me. if you breakout easily (I do) I recommend spot testing for a week or two to see how your skin will react. if it's not going to work for you, it will save you alot of headache in the long run!

Acv did not worked :(
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

I've been using ACV for 2 weeks and it gave me sunburns on my face it made my face look dark, and then it didn't help me on my pimples also it made it worse more pimples are growing on my face. I still dont see any changes on my acne scars. Why does this happened.

by Val_x on 01/02/2017 21:08
have you tried adding more water ? what ratio are you using?
by Bethhhers on 01/20/2017 01:30
You probably used to much acv compared to your water ratio. If you feel extensive burning, itching, and extreme tightness with peeling on the skin, you possibly might have burned your skin. If that is the case, don't touch your face with any products, and let it shed off naturally. Do not try and peel the burned skin, as that will create extreme discoloration. The shedding process should take a maximum of 5 days, if not touched. If necessary, rinse your face with lukewarm water, and moisturize with Vaseline, or cetaphil. Best of luck
Recovering from oil cleansing; this saved my skin!
Reviewed on July 21, 2016

I never write reviews but this one I had to! I have always struggled with cystic acne and dry skin. I am on the pill, which no longer works to keep my skin clear, and I have tried everything out there. For a while, a gentle cleanser and jojoba oil to moisturize was keeping me fairly clear (I've found my skin doesn't like BP or salicylic acid) so I try and stick with a simple skincare routine. However, out of the blue I started breaking out like crazy again; chin, cheeks, forehead, everywhere (mostly cystic pimples) but also regular spots and also a rash like acne on my cheeks by my nose (seems like eczema or something, not sure); either way my skin just seemed super congested. (I also do not eat dairy aside from cheese every now and then, and I'm vegetarian for diet reference).

So I decided after lots of research to start oil cleansing with coconut oil, and let me tell you my skin was AMAZING and perfectly clear doing this the first week! My skin cleared up super fast, it was hydrated (finally), glowing, my fine lines were diminished; I thought I had found my HG product. Until....I broke out even WORSE. My skin got so incredibly bad that I was just in shock. I broke out in even more cysts (under the skin that you couldn't see) and normal breakouts, but ALSO, with tiny tiny bumps all over my face which I have never experienced before. I've never had a texture issue ever, until now. I also had what felt like huge cysts or welts forming under the skin on my forehead; spots so giant and uncomfortable I was scared to see how worse they would get.

I was so uncomfortable and also itchy! My skin was ITCHY and not from dryness! I have no clue what was going on, but I figure that the coconut oil (it was pure, unrefined, cold pressed, organic) had just wrecked my skin and set off a reaction. So trying everything in my arsenal for a week: BP 3%, cerave cleanser, ponds cold cream cleanser (had saved me in the past), my jojoba oil, EVERYTHING I had, and nothing was working. It wasn't just the cysts that were bothering me, but the itching was driving me crazy! I was at my wits end so I ordered the acne.org system + the AHA. I haven't received it yet, but I knew I needed something to help clear it up or try because I was miserable.

After ordering the kit I thought "I don't even want to use BP so idk what I'm going to do"; like I said, my skin doesn't like it. So I started a simple 3 step system and in 2 days all of my big bumps are gone, aside from one that is still healing, and all of my small textured bumps are almost gone as well, including the rash around my nose/cheek area which hadn't improved with anything else, and I'm not dry! So here's what I'm doing:

Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser AM/PM

Bragg's ACV with the mother & water mixed: as a toner AM/PM

Cerave Moisturizing Lotion AM/PM

and that's it!!!

The ACV has been a life saver for me! I cannot believe the discomfort is gone and all of my spots! The gentle cleanser and moisturizer I think is all my skin needs as it doesn't like complicated. So I'm going to use the acne.org cleanser & moisturizer when it comes to replace my cerave, and stick with the toner!

I know it won't work for everyone, but ACV is $5 and it can't hurt to try! I would go with the Bragg's though, I've read it's the best because it has "the mother", and I would agree that it's your safest bet since it's all organic!

I just joined the community even though I've been a long time lurker, and plan on posting before and after pics of my just 2 days on this regimen for reference so if you're curious as to what my skin was doing and want to see the afters, follow my profile, they should be up soon!