Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.2/5 - 23 reviews

Brand: Braggs

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical)

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Works like a dream
Reviewed on October 8, 2015

I mix 1/2 and 1/2 Braggs ACV and witch hazel and use morning and night after cleansing. It has decreased inflammation and controls my oily T-zone without over-drying. Love it :)

Maybe it works?
Reviewed on July 31, 2015

I've been using Braggs APV for 2 weeks now and I can't decide if it's helping - my hyperpigmentation is less red than it was, but is that due to the natural healing process or the APV? I can't say for sure. I'll continue using it from time-to-time, but I usually find that after two weeks if something is not working, game over. I am glad to hear that it works for many people, but I may be one of the few it does not! I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it, it's worth the $6 since it may work wonders for you. Best of luck!

So so
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

I am a 19 year old female and have pretty awful acne allll over my face and neck. I had such high hopes for this. I spent hours upon hours reading about apple cider vinegar especially Bragg's. I applied diluted mixture to my face as a toner and also drank 2 tablespoons a day mixed with a glass of water. I did this for two months and there was no improvement. It irritated my skin a lot. I knew it didn't work because with my skin, when a product really helps, I can see improvement right away. I tried this in so many ways.. Wanted to make it work...but it didn't guys. I think my skin might be too sensitive.

Works even for me!!!
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

I told myself that if I started seeing dramatic results after a month of using this product that I would write a review. So here it is, this product is amazing!!! I have had horrible acne my entire life and I would spend all kinds of time and money to attempt to fix this problem and nothing seemed to work. Growing up I went through many different stages of acne from small pimples as a young child to cystic acne as an adult. I am very active and I enjoy training as an athlete. After the purging faze of using this product I started receiving compliments from family and friends on how much I started glowing. And my skin has found a nice even balance! I still get some acne here and there but its hardly noticeable and it goes away quickly rather than sticking around like it used to. If you struggle with acne and are patient then this product is well worth your time. My regimen is eating healthy, wash my face after working out, when I shower I use a cetaphil bar of soap only, after every shower or face wash I use 50/50 of water and apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and dab it all over my face and other problem areas, also I put about 2 tablespoons in a 500 mL bottle of water and drink one for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is very simple and easy to use!!! I hope this review helps those in need.

Even works with the Caveman Regimen
Reviewed on May 11, 2015

After doing the Caveman Regimen I was mostly clear, but after the first month, thousands of colorless clogged pores appeared on my forehead, giving my skin a sandpaper-like texture. A few of those were slightly raised and pinkish.

I couldn't wash my face or hair with soap or apply any kind of acne treatment or hair product without aggravating the bumps, turning them into full-blown pimples/cysts. Doing so, would just make new spots appear on my face anyway.

After waiting one month to see if they would clear up (which they didn't), I was fed up and started searching for a Caveman friendly treatment. I was scared to try ACV, but the reviews on here convinced me. Braggs doesn't exist in stores in Denmark, but I managed to find an organic, non-filtered, non-pasteurized alternative in a health store.

I just dilute the ACV 1:1 with boiled and cooled tap water and apply it on my forehead with a cotton pad. Since I still try to avoid washing my face with water, I just leave the ACV on my skin at night and apply another layer the next evening. It seems to work, even on my sensitive skin.

The pink bumps on my forehead quickly disappeared or turned into whiteheads. It took about one week for the colorless bumps to reduce their size, but now, two and a half weeks later, they have almost disappeared completely.

As a bonus, it hasn't affected the progress I've had with reducing the oiliness of my skin. So happy I finally decided to give ACV a try!

Miracle worker I definitely recommend!!
Reviewed on May 8, 2015

I started getting acne when I was 17 years old. It started out mild and nothing that a consistent use of Proactiv couldn't fix. As years went on however it got worse and worse. I started developing bad cystic acne around age 20. My entire face was covered in cysts and pimples. I tried every over the counter wash/treatment out there including a few oral medications such as minocycline and doxycycline. The oral medications helped but once I got off them my acne came right back. One month ago I bought a bottle of Braggs acv and started drinking 1 tbsp mixed with water twice per day. I am now 22 and this has worked amazingly for me. I did "purge" for the first 5 days roughly in which my acne got worse but stick with it for at least 10 days before you try stopping. Now my skin is mostly clear with only acne marks and scars left to heal and the occasion pimple around the time of the month but I've noticed they heal much quicker than they used to. I've been drinking the same routine for about 1 month now and my skin still looks 10 times better. Drinking acv also has tons of other health benefits so I would highly suggest this for someone suffering with acne.

by Loly112 on 09/15/2015 16:02
Honey (raw) has helped me with some of my acne scars :)
Cant live without it
Reviewed on March 15, 2015

For those of you hopeless individuals who have tried ACV (organic) with no luck i seriously suggest you try again. I had horrible acne growing up and yes it did start clearing up once i hit my twenties (I am now 26) but it did not completely stop. I still had breakouts pretty often especially before my period. I started applying Braggs as a toner right after washing/drying my face. Dont get me wrong, i had to use an ENTIRE bottle before i started seeing results. I am now on my 4th bottle, id say its been more than a year now and i have NO ACNE whatsoever! I literally cant remember the last time i broke out. I do get one occasional, sometimes unnoticeable, pimple once every few months and even thats a rarity. I have never experienced skin i dont have to cover up and i cant remember the last time i wondered if ill be breaking out before an event months in advance. My skin has become the least of my problems. Along with this toner I have also incorporated Vitamin C serum into my regimen (after ACV) and my skin is glowing. One thing i will point out however, is that putting this on some existing acne actually keeps it from coming to a head which in my opinion makes it linger on your face a lot longer. Other than that minor issue i cant find anything wrong with this miracle product. I hope this works for others as well as it has worked for me.

by BethX on 04/21/2015 06:29
Did you dilute it? If so, what was the ratio?
Clearing my skin
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

its been less than a week and my acne bumps are already clearing up! On top of that my skin looks healthy and glowy (beside the areas with the dark spots from the acne)

Reviewed on January 4, 2015

I like apple cider vinegar. A cyst was forming on my forehead where it's pretty clear just some few little small bumps and I put it on and surprisingly it didn't get as bad as It used to. And in 2 days it dried up and disappeared from my forehead. It didn't get as big as it used to. It works well with cystic acne that's either forming or that's there. Also I've used this before but stopped. now I broke out a lot and will try this again hope it will work. The reason it has 4 stars is because it stings your eyes a lot when applying but oh well hehe.

This stuff is great
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

I use this every night as a toner after I wash my face. I do dilute it, half ACV and the rest water. The only bad thing is that it smells like stinky feet, and it makes your eyes water. Other than that, it doesn't dry out my face and it makes my skin smooth. I also found that it works well on existing acne, as well as make redness go down. I didn't find that it helped dark spots much.