Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

Brand: Braggs

Finally Something to Control Life Long Acne
Reviewed on January 1, 2016

Hey Guys,

I've browsed this forum for years for advice but after revisiting the 1/2 water 1/2 ACV treatment, I thought I would share my story and hope it helps you out. I first started using ACV a while ago but would play with oils to drop in the toner (oregano, avocado, tea tree, etc.). I played with the formulation often so results weren't consistent and I gave up. I also used a harsh face wash (Purpose) and my skin would get very irritated. So after a while, I decided to give ACV another go and only mix it with water, nothing else. After a few weeks, i noticed my skin getting clearer but I would still get oily and flaky. I have combination skin so it's tricky to treat acne. After taking a closer look at my skin, it would get extremely tight and dried out after washing with Purpose, so I switched to Johnson and Johnson's baby wash and only washed my face at night, usually in the shower. In the morning, I would soak a cotton pad in ACV toner, apply and then wash off after a minute or two. That alone made a noticeable difference in my skin. My skin would still be a little flaky towards the end of the day, so one day I read an article that recommended ACV toner in a spray bottle for dandruff and hair flakes. So I thought that maybe it might work well for my flaky skin if I sprayed my face with it and it has worked wonders since. In the shower, I wash my face for about 10 seconds with baby wash and then after it is rinsed off, I spray my face with ACV toner. I spray about three times to each side of my face (I get dead skin build up on my cheeks) and let it sit for 90 secs. At the end, I gently rub the solution off in circular motions and usually have sheets of dead skin come off. It feels amazing and has done wonders for my complexion. I am so glad I started using ACV again and I hope this helps someone somewhere.

Worsened Acne
Reviewed on November 3, 2015

I tried this for a month, first diluting it (half water, half apple cider vinegar) and working up to undiluted. I used Bragg's. It only made my face worse, so I decided to stop using it on my face. It caused acne in places I've never seen acne before. I went back to benzoyl peroxide, and now it's repairing the damage. I read hundreds of great reviews, thinking this would most definitely work, but it turned out it only made things worse. I really would like to see before and after pictures of the people who said apple cider vinegar worked (topically), because I used it for a month to disappointment. If it truly did help them, then I assume ACV just simply doesn't like my face.

Probably one of the only thing that works
Reviewed on October 15, 2015

Back story, Im a female with adult acne. Since I was about 21 I started getting hormonal and cystic acne. I've been on BC, Accutane, antibiotics, topical prescription ointments and nothing has really worked for me. Im 26 now and still combating my adult acne. So, I actually started drink ACV a few weeks before a vacation (I was using to to help burn fat) and by the time I went on Vacation my face was completely blemish free. When I came back a few weeks later my face had one of the worst break outs. I had like at least 5 cysts on each cheek. I went to the Derm and they gave me antibiotics and took my blood. Turns out I have a high testosterone. From what I've read ACV helps your digestive system (an unhealthy digestive system can cause acne from not having toxins removed) and ACV also helps with insulin problems (for me that is related to my high testosterone) It also detoxes your organs (skin is your biggest organ!) So overall I think that drinking this will help with a few acne causes. I also use it as a topical facial toner and it gets a lot of dirt out of your pores and has antibacterial properties ***Warning*** you will most likely go through a purge. I was breaking out in little zits but after about 2 weeks they were all cleared up and I do think it really helps your complexion.

Not for me!
Reviewed on October 14, 2015

I tried this for about 2 months. I stupidly stuck with it thinking it was all going to get better (as per other reviews). My skin got so bad I am now on antibiotics to try and treat the cystic acne that it caused. I'm convinced the good reviews are written by Braggs. Try at your own risk.

Works like a dream
Reviewed on October 8, 2015

I mix 1/2 and 1/2 Braggs ACV and witch hazel and use morning and night after cleansing. It has decreased inflammation and controls my oily T-zone without over-drying. Love it :)

Maybe it works?
Reviewed on July 31, 2015

I've been using Braggs APV for 2 weeks now and I can't decide if it's helping - my hyperpigmentation is less red than it was, but is that due to the natural healing process or the APV? I can't say for sure. I'll continue using it from time-to-time, but I usually find that after two weeks if something is not working, game over. I am glad to hear that it works for many people, but I may be one of the few it does not! I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it, it's worth the $6 since it may work wonders for you. Best of luck!

So so
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

I am a 19 year old female and have pretty awful acne allll over my face and neck. I had such high hopes for this. I spent hours upon hours reading about apple cider vinegar especially Bragg's. I applied diluted mixture to my face as a toner and also drank 2 tablespoons a day mixed with a glass of water. I did this for two months and there was no improvement. It irritated my skin a lot. I knew it didn't work because with my skin, when a product really helps, I can see improvement right away. I tried this in so many ways.. Wanted to make it work...but it didn't guys. I think my skin might be too sensitive.

Works even for me!!!
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

I told myself that if I started seeing dramatic results after a month of using this product that I would write a review. So here it is, this product is amazing!!! I have had horrible acne my entire life and I would spend all kinds of time and money to attempt to fix this problem and nothing seemed to work. Growing up I went through many different stages of acne from small pimples as a young child to cystic acne as an adult. I am very active and I enjoy training as an athlete. After the purging faze of using this product I started receiving compliments from family and friends on how much I started glowing. And my skin has found a nice even balance! I still get some acne here and there but its hardly noticeable and it goes away quickly rather than sticking around like it used to. If you struggle with acne and are patient then this product is well worth your time. My regimen is eating healthy, wash my face after working out, when I shower I use a cetaphil bar of soap only, after every shower or face wash I use 50/50 of water and apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and dab it all over my face and other problem areas, also I put about 2 tablespoons in a 500 mL bottle of water and drink one for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is very simple and easy to use!!! I hope this review helps those in need.

Even works with the Caveman Regimen
Reviewed on May 11, 2015

After doing the Caveman Regimen I was mostly clear, but after the first month, thousands of colorless clogged pores appeared on my forehead, giving my skin a sandpaper-like texture. A few of those were slightly raised and pinkish.

I couldn't wash my face or hair with soap or apply any kind of acne treatment or hair product without aggravating the bumps, turning them into full-blown pimples/cysts. Doing so, would just make new spots appear on my face anyway.

After waiting one month to see if they would clear up (which they didn't), I was fed up and started searching for a Caveman friendly treatment. I was scared to try ACV, but the reviews on here convinced me. Braggs doesn't exist in stores in Denmark, but I managed to find an organic, non-filtered, non-pasteurized alternative in a health store.

I just dilute the ACV 1:1 with boiled and cooled tap water and apply it on my forehead with a cotton pad. Since I still try to avoid washing my face with water, I just leave the ACV on my skin at night and apply another layer the next evening. It seems to work, even on my sensitive skin.

The pink bumps on my forehead quickly disappeared or turned into whiteheads. It took about one week for the colorless bumps to reduce their size, but now, two and a half weeks later, they have almost disappeared completely.

As a bonus, it hasn't affected the progress I've had with reducing the oiliness of my skin. So happy I finally decided to give ACV a try!

Miracle worker I definitely recommend!!
Reviewed on May 8, 2015

I started getting acne when I was 17 years old. It started out mild and nothing that a consistent use of Proactiv couldn't fix. As years went on however it got worse and worse. I started developing bad cystic acne around age 20. My entire face was covered in cysts and pimples. I tried every over the counter wash/treatment out there including a few oral medications such as minocycline and doxycycline. The oral medications helped but once I got off them my acne came right back. One month ago I bought a bottle of Braggs acv and started drinking 1 tbsp mixed with water twice per day. I am now 22 and this has worked amazingly for me. I did "purge" for the first 5 days roughly in which my acne got worse but stick with it for at least 10 days before you try stopping. Now my skin is mostly clear with only acne marks and scars left to heal and the occasion pimple around the time of the month but I've noticed they heal much quicker than they used to. I've been drinking the same routine for about 1 month now and my skin still looks 10 times better. Drinking acv also has tons of other health benefits so I would highly suggest this for someone suffering with acne.

by Loly112 on 09/15/2015 16:02
Honey (raw) has helped me with some of my acne scars :)