Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

4.1/5 - 36 reviews

Brand: Braggs

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical)

Evened skin tone but did not help acne
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

Using this (diluted with water) as a toner did indeed help even the color of my skin, but did nothing to help my acne. It kinda stung upon application, but definitely reduced some redness in my face. I would recommend as an occasional toner, I found using this every other day helped even my skin tone. I stopped because I found a better toner, and having to make this concoction and take it everywhere was annoying.

Good
Reviewed on April 29, 2016

I love this as a toner. I dilute it with water first.

Amazing!
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

I'm using this as a toner. I wash my face morning and night with water only since I've just realized that the number one thing that is causing me breakouts is because i'm using all those harsh chemicals on my face. At first week, my face got many breakouts since I abruptly changed my regimen with many harsh chemicals to using water only. But after the first week, breakouts had started to stopped a little. Back to ACV, I totally recommend this! My scars are started to fade, as well as the redness. BUT I got pimples on my temples which is very unusual for me after 2 weeks of using acv but other parts of my face have been better. I'm gonna stick to it.

ACV Toner
Reviewed on April 22, 2016

I've been using a homemade toner using ACV and water for 4 days so far. Already, after only using it every morning and night, I can see my forehead acne fading. There are only a few noticeable pimples, but the rest is nearly gone! I'm already satisfied with the results, and look forward to seeing how my acne will be after another week.

I made and keep my toner in a water bottle. I mixed 1 part ACV and 2 parts water. In case you're wondering what ratio you should have, many of the websites I visited had specific ACV to water ratios depending on skin type.

At night and in the morning, I first wash my face, then applying the ACV toner. I use a clean cotton ball to put it on my face. I wait until it completely dries before putting on my moisturizer.

I've scoured the Internet trying to find effective home remedies for acne. The ACV toner really proved to work. I'm slowly shaping an all-natural morning and night routine where I use nothing but organic ingredients (with some exceptions like sunscreen).

In conclusion, I definitely recommend incorporating ACV into your skincare routine. From my experience, it does wonders!

At long last...
Reviewed on March 31, 2016

Yo what up? Same back story as most. 21 year old male started breaking out profusely when I turned 21 with moderate/borderline severe acne. Depression, loathing, desperation... breakout, attack of the puss, worsened state, repeat.

Most face washes simply do not work; drying agents, chemicals, etc. Some might, but the results are short lived. DO NOT put anything on your face that you cannot ingest.

After a year and a half of trial and error, my regime is as follows:

Wake up and have a green tea with freshly squeezed lemon, a few spanks of turmeric and ACV with raw honey for taste (doesn't help much, to be honest)

Shower without washing my face. If I do have a surfaced pimple I will bring a cotton pad into the shower with me. The heat and moisture will soften up the atrocity and I massage it gently as if I were caressing a breast; it will usually wipe away gracefully.

After showering I use 70% ACV and 30% water - this solution works for me - that's all. I do this after work as well. 2-3 times a week I will add lemon into the equation in the evening. (Do not go outside with lemon on your face, the sun will make you pay)

Once every two weeks I will use a derma-roller on my lingering pigmentations, followed by applying raw honey.

It's worth it to say that I also now use a probiotic and supplement with fish oil. Balancing your gut flora and gaining an Alkaline PH is a key factor, if not the only factor in defeating this plague... avoid foods that cause inflammation. I drink 4L of water/day.

My pores have shrunk and tightened, the blackheads fall out on their own, it's really quite beautiful. The discolouration is lessening. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. To fellow sufferers, don't give up... there is a solution out there waiting for your discovery. Brighter days are ahead, I promise.

Really good so far
Reviewed on March 26, 2016

I started using 1/4 ACV with 3/4 water as a toner twice a day for over a week now and it has been really good so far. Still monitoring my skin and acne because I've been testing out neem oil simultaneously as a spot treatment which has probably also contributed to the improvements of my skin the past week.

Firstly, the ACV has been quite pleasant on my face as it has been feeling much smoother, cleaner and healthier too. In terms of my acne (moderate to severe, mostly cystic), I'd say it has improved by 40% since using ACV. I'd have to give half the credit to the neem oil though because I'm pretty sure it unclogged 90% of my clogged pores and has also prevented any new clogged pores. The neem oil has also prevented the growth of my acne into cystic- I noticed that once I've massaged neem oil onto those painful bumps (that I knew would eventually become cystic) and leaving it on overnight, the bumps would either stop getting bigger and gradually heal or become a small whitehead the next morning (which I'd much prefer than a cystic pimple) that would go away within a day. This never happened before, the bumps would always get bigger and more painful. I started using neem oil a few days before starting with the ACV and I noticed that the neem oil by itself was OK but using it with the ACV, it worked much, much better. Sorry, I know this isn't a neem oil thread but I couldn't find a recent thread regarding it to share my thoughts. I'll keep this ACV review updated and I hope I've helped someone out there.

by FastAcrylic on 04/04/2016 07:19
Hi guys, so just an update. I'm on my third week now, and I think I'll be sticking to this regimen. I actually went without it for two days because I was trying out this new cleansing gel and cream that my dermatologist recommended to me before, didn't work out well, got me breaking out again! :( But my face has been on the road to recovery since going back to the ACV and neem oil. I'd say my acne has improved by 50% now, I still get a few breakouts but they're more on the at bay, less painful, quicker to heal side.
"Works amazing but can't stop pimple from appearing on my face"
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

Guys, help me. Haha. Bragg's ACV works for me. It dried out my acne and those huge pimples get smaller. I hated the fact that on the next day or every other day, when I wake up, another pimple is planning to pop up again on my face on same location. It's like I will get pimple all over my face, transferring from one place to another. Is it normal? :-(

by SalmanIsTheMan on 03/15/2016 01:39
I feel like that too! One day it's chin next morning you feel a new pimple on your forehead. One thing I've noticed really helped me keep those large ones at bay wash washing with natural soap every day and also cutting out processed foods and sugar doing both of those with acv should really help you within 3 days because your body will not be processing junk food anymore.
so far, so good
Reviewed on March 3, 2016

aww.. the first time i used this, i never diluted it in water since i did not made a research beforehand.. what's more, i let it stay on my skin overnight and all day. gladly, my skin didnt burn! :) and thank goodness i visited this site on the second day of trying this braggs so i know now what to do with the dosage. thanks for the tips. on my 2nd day at present, so far, it has helped control the redness of my few inflamed bumps.

Fail
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

Yet another product with amazing reviews that's done nothing for my moderate acne :/ I'm going to attempt mixing this with tea tree oil since everyone claims these products are so amazing! Maybe they'll work on me together..

Finally Something to Control Life Long Acne
Reviewed on January 1, 2016

Hey Guys,

I've browsed this forum for years for advice but after revisiting the 1/2 water 1/2 ACV treatment, I thought I would share my story and hope it helps you out. I first started using ACV a while ago but would play with oils to drop in the toner (oregano, avocado, tea tree, etc.). I played with the formulation often so results weren't consistent and I gave up. I also used a harsh face wash (Purpose) and my skin would get very irritated. So after a while, I decided to give ACV another go and only mix it with water, nothing else. After a few weeks, i noticed my skin getting clearer but I would still get oily and flaky. I have combination skin so it's tricky to treat acne. After taking a closer look at my skin, it would get extremely tight and dried out after washing with Purpose, so I switched to Johnson and Johnson's baby wash and only washed my face at night, usually in the shower. In the morning, I would soak a cotton pad in ACV toner, apply and then wash off after a minute or two. That alone made a noticeable difference in my skin. My skin would still be a little flaky towards the end of the day, so one day I read an article that recommended ACV toner in a spray bottle for dandruff and hair flakes. So I thought that maybe it might work well for my flaky skin if I sprayed my face with it and it has worked wonders since. In the shower, I wash my face for about 10 seconds with baby wash and then after it is rinsed off, I spray my face with ACV toner. I spray about three times to each side of my face (I get dead skin build up on my cheeks) and let it sit for 90 secs. At the end, I gently rub the solution off in circular motions and usually have sheets of dead skin come off. It feels amazing and has done wonders for my complexion. I am so glad I started using ACV again and I hope this helps someone somewhere.