Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (as a topical) reviews

Brand: Braggs

HELP
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

So I never usually get spots or pimples and all of a sudden I have broken out so bad on my forehead. I've tried different things but nothing seems to work. Then I came across ACV. I've been using it as a toner with the ratio 1:1 and have been using it for about 5 days now, I thought I saw a little improvement with the redness of the spots going down but today my forehead looks so bad. Please could someone advise me how long this takes to kick in? Thanks :)

by April Miller on 04/20/2017 01:11
Your face might be going through a purging stage, where it gets worse before it gets better. If your face has no improvement after 4 to 6 weeks its probably not working. Also if your noticing acne where you dont normally get it, its prob not purging and just a breakout
Feels refreshing
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

I started using this about a week ago and it has definitely helped with redness! My skin tone appears more even now and the red/dark spots from pimples calms down faster when I use it. I am also getting cysts and papules less frequently. I made a 1 part ACV to 4 part water mixture and use it once a day on my face before I go to bed after washing and before moisturizing.

Four stars since it stinks
Reviewed on March 19, 2017

So I just started using this, it hasn't even been a week and I could already tell the difference. My acne is throughout my jawline and by the side of sideburns and a few on my forehead I recently got. Anyways this pretty much helped my inflammation of my acne go down and Took some spots, scars, and acne away. I mixed it with water first, 2 oz of vinegar and 2 oz of water, I have plenty left still. I only use two Cotten balls to cover my whole face. Also I use it at night, the only sh*tty part is it stinks. And I also use moisturizer after it fully dries. I'm also using an organic aloe vera gel in the morning after I wash my face. This has also helped with the redness and it helps with your skin glow and some acne. I still use it since it was 20 bucks. 🙄 But I also use Carley's clear and smooth tea tree face wash and their shea butter soap as an everyday use. I still use it since it did help with my acne in the beginning but for whatever reason my acne somehow got triggered by something and it got worse. Like I said it did help, I was clearing up but then I got acne for whatever reason again. Carley's midnight moisturizer tho is really good, the aloe vera gel does make my face really dry and flakey but once i put on the midnight moisturizer it goes completely away and it doesn't make my skin oily. ( best moisturizer i have ever used) So that's a plus. I use the moisturizer day and night, there is a day moisturizer at Carley's but I didn't like it as much. i also take L-Lysine in pills, it helps with hormonal acne, which is the acne thats on your jawline. it has helped me, since I started using it my jawline has become clearer also with the help of acv. If interested I use l- lysine by Thorne. 10$ on amazon. Give y'all and update in a month.

Amazing!!
Reviewed on March 8, 2017

Let me begin by saying i'm 22 years old and have suffered from acne since I was 12. The only thing that has ever cleared my acne was accutane. However 3 years after taking accutane my skin began breaking out again. I tried every face wash, every medication, every topical gel, and I saw little or no result. I heard about this apple cider vinegar and decided to give it a shot. Every night for the past 2 weeks I dipped a cotton ball in it and rubbed it all over the affected areas. Today being the 14th day my skin is seriously 98% clear. I am shocked. Besides accutane i've never seen results like this, this fast. I highly recommend this to anyone with acne. I wish there were more easily accessible clinical trials for using apple cider vinegar to treat acne so I could better understand why it's working so fast. I also don't understand how it hasn't dried my face out I have normal/dry skin but no matter how much I put on I have never received burns or excessive dryness. Anyways, i'm blown away.

by Dmini92 on 03/11/2017 22:46
Did you dilute it or use it pure ??
works really good
Reviewed on March 8, 2017

This is something everyone should at least give a try,especially girls with PCOS. This did not completely clear my skin but has greatly improved. As far as body acne goes (back, chest, or this is probably gross but butt acne ) applying this to the spots clears it up in no time for me. I apply this as a toner on my face as of rn, diluted with water of course. I used to drink this and it did help,but it tastes super nasty so watch out for that.

I dont really remember if i purged or not but this is one of my favorites for my skin. It also doesnt make my skin blotchy, like most other products usually do for my skin.

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
Reviewed on February 16, 2017

I think everyone here can agree that any outward sign your body gives (acne, seb derm, psoriasis etc) you can almost always guarantee it has something to do with what's going on inside the body. An overly alkaline body is a body most certainly experiencing skin issues among other things. By adding ACV to your diet, you're balancing the body with acetic acid. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves. First and foremost eating habits must change. Eliminate or limit sweets, breads, alcohol, etc. Avoid preservatives in any form and start introducing healthy foods. Secondly, introduce DILUTED ACV gradually. One or two 8 oz. glasses per day at first but no more than 3 and in the following dose. To 8 oz spring or filtered water, add 2 tsp ACV and 1 tsp lemon juice. One tsp of cranberry juice (100% cranberry - no added sugar) may also be added but this is optional. Drink this blend until symptoms improve and reduce glasses to 1 or 2 per day. It is important to use a straw while drinking diluted ACV to prevent enamel erosion of the teeth. ACV is a natural detox so symptoms will get a little or a lot worse before they get better. Hang in there and you will see wonderful results.

Broke me out
Reviewed on January 19, 2017

Have been using this for about 10 days now but it has only increased whiteheads on my face. Done absolutely nothing for my huge pores and also darken my dark spots. I am confused how does it dry out people's skin, mine is just as oily and I don't even moisturize.

by I just want to be happy on 02/23/2017 03:52
Dude, you need to moisturize. When your moisturize you trick your skin into thinking it doesn't need to produce as much oil which causes less oily skin and a major decrease in likelihood for pimple formation. So find yourself some good moisurizer for oily skin. Concearning the vinigar, I'm actually going to start that today so idk about it like I heard about using it like an hour ago lol.. but first step for you: get some noice moisturizer
by NadBlueOwl on 03/15/2017 00:40
Hello there :) I have been using the Braggs ACV for about 3 weeks now I think and in the first week, I broke out so badly. I had painful pustules and I immediately thought that this stuff is not working for me. However, I still continued to use until now and, surprisingly, my skin is clearing out, although I still a few here and there and acne scars. You said that you broke out? Hmm, maybe you're purging out just like mine, but 2 weeks have gone past since I broke out with this stuff and I can happily say it does work. Just remember though, our skin differs to one another so you're probably purging out and might take a bit more time for your skin to finally clear up. You see, the ACV is sort of like a mild exfoliation so your pimples will get irritated, however, the ACV will eventually restore your PH level which should help protect and heal your skin. I hope this helps you :)
Amazing
Reviewed on January 17, 2017

This product is really great. I use as a toner everyday right now. The only down side is it's smell. You will get used to it eventually if you keep on using it. This product didn't really fix everything about my acne, but it helped me manage my moderate acne. Good luck!!

Huge Impact
Reviewed on December 19, 2016

While ACV hasn't been a cure for me, it has secured a place in my routine. I apply it as a diluted toner (50% water 50% ACV) after shaving my face (every 3 days), and on the following day my skin is usually much clearer than it would have been without ACV. I don't use ACV most days or if I'm going outside, because it has an overwhelming scent, but it is good to use after shaving or at night.

Make sure you buy an organic brand with The Mother included (it will say on the bottle). Braggs, Melrose, and Macro Organic all performed identically for me. I didn't find ACV to be effective as a drink.

it works!
Reviewed on December 15, 2016

i have a really bad acne on my forehead.i tried so many toner before.this one is really work.its not showing any progress until about 1 week.i already use it for 3 months now and my skin feels amazing.i still have a couple acne tho.i use it once a day (before i sleep)after i wash my face and just apply it with cotton balls,i also mix it with 1:1 water.i leave it until the next morning.i dont use any moisturizer because it makes my skin feels oily,and for me,the a c v doesn't makes my skin feels dry.AND i also use it on my neck,chest,and bacne,it also works. DEFINITELY WORTH A TRY😄😁