Body Buddy

Average price: $18.57

Most helpful review

By yo whats your flow, alberta on 05/04/2012

its pretty good..

Pros:
  • Pretty good it reach most of your back and body
  • it can be use to put lots of treatment on and spread on your back, easy to use and wash.
Cons:
  • I could use my hands but it is a bit harder, it sometimes is annoying when body buddy flips over on your back, so maybe put treatment on both sides.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

“Amazing!!”
By on

I love this product! It is excellent for my back & has prevented it from itching. Did you know it can be used in the shower like a loofah? Just add your favorite scrub & work it back & forth on your back. It's amazing! I can now wear backless dresses & halter tops & feel confident my skin looks gorgeous

Pros

• easy to use
  • you can use any lotion or cream

Cons

• wipe off with a damp cloth weekly to prevent it from cracking
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is exactly what I was looking for. I needed something simple and practical for me to apply creams and lotions to my back. I use it daily in and out of the shower. I like how the material is non-absorbent so I know all the cream is going onto my back.

One MAJOR criticism is the handles! They are weak, flimsy, and after using for just two months, the stretchy elastic handles have lost form and function. Now the handles are shriveled and cause red abrasions on my hands where I motion back and forth using the product. The red burn lines are starting to blister that I have to use the product every other day. I am considering having a friend sew a more hand-friendly, stronger material onto the bodybuddy for the handle. I have emailed the company requesting them to re-evaluate this part of their product. I've only had the product two months and the handles are already losing integrity. I would think the handles don't even need to be elastic, but rather just a more hand-friendly handle with a loop (or something). The elastic handles start to burn and rub the skin raw, especially when using wet in the shower.

Other than that, the product simplicity and function are great. It gets the job done!

Pros

• great product, simple to use, gets all of the back, non-absorbent material (no medicine/lotion is wasted)

Cons

• handles - they are elastic and 'cheap'. Wish they were strong and of a different material.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 29
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

its pretty good.

Pros

• Pretty good it reach most of your back and body

• moderately severe
  • for about a month

By on

Does exactly what it is designed for, although I don't understand why the handles are elasticated. Would be easier to use if the handles didn't stretch.

I hold my Body Buddy over a radiator for a couple of minutes to warm it up a bit. It can be quite cold on the skin when used first thing in the morning. :)

Pros

• Quick & effective way of applying lotion to your back.

Cons

• Elastic handles. Cold on the skin. Bit pricey.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Amazing. Make a few improvements love it.

Pros

• It feels great and applies lotion evenly.

Cons

• I find that the elastic handles don't feel sturdy. They will break in no time. I would suggest more of an elastic rope that is deeply sewn into the unit. The applicator seems to fold when I use it- they should add a reinforcement bar at each end.
  • for about a week
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works really well. I love it.

Pros

• I love it! I use it to put my heat rash medication on my back in the places I can't reach. I don't have to put any of that sticky medication on my fingers anymore and risk breaking out my face!

Cons

• None.
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

A decent buy. Seems slightly overpriced for what it is (strip of soft non-absorbent material with handles), but something like this seems almost necessary for making optimal, efficient use of expensive skincare products on hard to reach areas on your back.

Pros

• Easy to use, appropriately sized, doesn't waste lotion product.

Cons

• Slight learning curve in figuring out how to reach all parts of your back the most efficiently, but with a couple minutes of practice it is not hard to figure out.
  • for about a week
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

zits or no zits - body buddy

Pros

• i exercise all the time and so i have breakouts on my back - i can only reach as far as my finger tips will reach - never hits "the spot"

Cons

• it slows me down making a move on my girlfriend
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I haven't actually used it for the lotion as they advertise it for. But I used it in the shower to apply the regimen gentle cleanser to my back.

I was a bit skeptical at first about how it would feel on my skin, and how well it would spread the soap around. However, my skepticism soon vanished as soon as I put it to use. It, glides over your skin, and feels incredible...very gentle. And it works up a very nice, even lather.

Also, it is very easy to clean, as it is made of soft, leather-like, vinyl. You can just rince it off in the shower, or wipe it with a damp cloth when using it for BP or moisturizer.

A great buy!

Pros

• It is very gentle, and makes it very easy to apply your topicals to your back.

Cons

• None!
  • for a day or two
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.