Hey you guys. I’m wondering which SPF you guys are using. As always, I’m on the look out for non-comedogenic SPFs that take care of the flakiness from benzoyl peroxide. They’re pretty impossible to find and while I keep trying to make one myself, I thought one of you might have a secret product that you’ve been hiding from me. If so, please reply below with the exact name of the SPF you use and tell me why you like it. If I haven’t tried it already, I’ll give it a go.

Thanks!

64 thoughts on “SPF – what are you guys using?

1. Hi Dan,

I use Reviva Labs Sun Protective Light Cream Moisturizer. I get it from Vitacost.com.

I absolutely love it. It is thick but blends well with the acne.org Moisturizer. It is unscented, and not really greasy. Put it on gently though, and give it time to absorb before putting other moisturizer on top of it; I found it I use to much, I look oily. However, when I spend a day fishing on the water, using a little at a time, reapplied every 4 hours or so, I never have a problem with sun burn.

It can be moisturizing enough if used on it’s own, but for everyday use I like to put it on before the acne.org moisturizer (and I typically don’t reapply everyday).

I would make sure to read the ingredients though to make sure you are not sensitive to any of them. However, I have very sensitive skin and have found this SPF Moisturizer to be the best so far.

Best of luck,
    Crystal

2. Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer spf 30+ It goes on invisibly, even though it’s zinc oxide. Doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, & it has plenty of moisture to work over BP. My skin feels nourished w/this. It has a pleasant scent, without artificial fragrance. And it doesn’t clog my pores! (No offense, but the Olay Sensitive clogged me BAD – I had to have milia removed by the dermo after that!) I can get it locally, but it’s also available at Vitacost. *link edited out*

3. I use MAC Cosmetics Prep Prime SPF50, is an SPF that keeps my face oil free, great to keep my skin shine free, I dont get itchy (I get itchy with almost all other SPF). I have tried aklmost all and I love this one! Please go and try it, I know MAC doesnt sound would be very good like some companies from Europe, but is awesome!!!! MAC Cosmetics is own by Estee Lauder, please please tryyyyyy

4. The Neutrogena “Triple protect” with spf 20 is nice for lower face and neck (shaved areas for guys), but ‘
    I love the Murad Oil-control Mattifier with spf 15 for upper face. I don’t think those higher levels of spf are necessary.

5. Boscia oil-free spf 15. I layer it over the Boscia oil-free nightly moisturizer because my skin is so dry from Tazorac and other Rx acne treatments. Otherwise, seems totally safe to layer it over your moisturizer of choice. It is drying if used alone. At first, it feels like a thin, watery liquid, but dries matte. Love it as it has anti-irritants, no parabens, and other offensive/burning ingredients!

6. I use BurnOut Kids Physical Sunscreen. I purchased mine on Amazon. Compared to other physical sunscreens it is watery and easy to spread on. I don’t have to rub my skin hard like I did with other sunscreens. It doesn’t claim to be non-comedogenic, but it did not have any of the ingredients to avoid you have listed on your products guide.

Prior to this I used Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry Sunscreen (a chemical sunscreen) and it worked fine, but I could not get over the chemical scent.

7. During Winter season I use Eucerin Sensitive Skin Everyday Protection SPF 30. It contains Zinc Oxide and a lot more moisturizing to my skin during these months. It goes on smoothly and may initially leave white residue because of the Zinc Oxide, but once absorbed it disappears. I do not use this during Spring and Summer months, it’s too oily and shinny. I use Boscia Oil-Free SPF 15, this leaves my skin matte. It’s a little pricey for such a small amount.

8. Thanks you guys. Keep ‘em coming. I’m most interested in sunscreens which take care of flakiness entirely. That is the specific property that is hard to find.

9. Hi, I use aveeno positively radiant sunscreen spf 30 under my acanya gel and it doesnt break me out and keeps flakiness under control. I am considering switching to la roche posay anthelios spf 60 next as it has great reviews for sensitive skin and is oil free non-acnegenic.

10. I really love the Aveeno products. I find the soy products (like Aveeno Postively Radiant) are really soothing to the skin and do help with skin texture, dark spots, etc. like the studies say. I also figure there’s a reason these products are still here after about 10 years and have withstood the test of time.

These are the two Aveeno products I bought (on sale!) and are currently using. I plan on buying them again:

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer Spf 15 (I got this for a fantastic price at Costco – sold in 2 packs)

Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion Face Spf 30

I’ve also used L’oreal Age Perfect Spf 15 cream which contains soy seed proteins. Very soothing.

Have you considered using soy extract and/or soy protein/hydrolyzed soy protein in any of your products? If you do, I’ll buy them!

11. I was on the regimen for a few weeks, but had to quit due to an allergy to BP. But I remember the flakes!! I have absolutely fallen in love with Pratima Neem Rose face sunscreen spf 30, and have been using it faithfully for about 5-6 months. I’ve used nearly every sunscreen on the market, including Eucerine Sensitive skin and Shiseido, but both are very oily IMO and cause acne. The Pratima sunscreen has NEVR given me any problems, and ever since I started using it people have commented how my skin is glowing. My friend who is on the Regimen uses my sunscreen sometimes when she spends the night, and says that it is very moisturizing and takes care of any dry patches she has. It’s a wonderful (but expensive) product!

12. Has anyone tried HydroPeptide SPF 30 Anti-Wrinkle Skin Enhancing UV Protection sunscreen? I received a sample from a skincare co. around the holidays and wanted to wait until the weather was sunnier here to try it. Apparently it contains color-adjusting spheres to match up to one’s skin tone, anti-oxidants acai & green tea to protect skin cells, and galangal root which supposedly reduces sebaceous glands and clears the skin. It also lists Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as its active ingredients (among many others). I noticed it was given a beauty award by a major health magazine, so I’m curious to see if it will live up to its claims. At $40 for 1.7, one would hope so!

13. I use 【Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral Powder SPF 30】 which has the following ingredient :
    -Titanium Dioxide (20.75%): Provides UVA/UVB protection.
    -Zinc Oxide (19.60%): Provides UVA/UVB protection.
    -Salicylic Acid: Helps to absorb oil and loosen sebum within the pores to prevent future breakouts.
    -Willow Bark Extract: Provides a natur which enhances cell turnover helping to improve the appearance of photo-aged skin.

I like it because its a powder application which is not messy and can be reapplied easily. I used it for two years now and i find it offers adequate protection. It will not accentuate the dry skin patches if you pat the powder on.

14. Anthelios XL has work wonders for me, it has these new SPF ingredients, Mexoryl SX and XL, that are fairly different from Zinc/Titanium Oxides and the Benzones.

15. I don’t think you’re going to find a strong enough sunscreen that eliminates flakiness, especially if it’s a physical sunscreen (I would never use chemical).

I’ve been using Josie Maran Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused SPF 40+
    Ingredients:
    Titanium Dioxide 9.5%, Zinc Oxide 6%, Hexadecene Copolymer, Decy Oeate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Organic Argan Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Organic Aloe Barbadnesis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Organic Chamomilla Recutina (Matricaria) Extract, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Natural Fragrance (Apricot Oil).

I am not super pleased with it because it has fragrance. I cannot use this around my eyes because it stings. I wear this over Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator. I also have to do a lot to keep flakes at bay (it would take too long to explain here).

It does last quite a while and I use 3-4 pumps on my face every single day. It also doesn’t leave a white cast at all–it absorbs very well.

After I finish this bottle of the Josie Maran stuff, I’m either going to try the DeVita Sunscreen or Paula’s Choice RESIST Ultimate Anti-Aging Hand Cream SPF 30 + Antioxidants. I’m confused about the DeVita b/c Amazon says it’s MICRONIZED ZINC OXIDE: 14% (TRANSPARENT) but the DeVita website has a different bottle and says no nano particles Zinc oxide 19%. So I’m really confused and 19% non micronized sounds like it would make my face really white. Plus, 19% seems like it would be really drying.

Maybe the Paula’s Choice Hand sunscreen seems like an odd choice but some people have been using it on their faces and love it. It’s amazing on my hands–and I have eczema. Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a bit worrisome but it’s in the Josie Maran and hasn’t broken me out. But of course, I don’t know the %.

Here’s the ingredients for the PC hand sunscreen:
    Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 6%; Titanium Dioxide 2.32% (sunscreens); Other Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate (thickener),Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents and skin protectants),Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Caprylyl Methicone (emollient), Glyceryl Stearate,PEG-100 Stearate (emollient thickeners), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming agent), Isohexadecane (slip agent), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Propylene Glycol (moisture-binding agent), Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate (emollient), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant/skin lightening agent),Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agents), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Glycerin, Panthenol (skin-repairing ingredients), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Caprylyl Glycol (emollient), Alumina, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone,Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickeners), Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone (skin-conditioning agent), Diethylhexyl Carbonate (emollient), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Sorry this is really long–I would have just linked to the ingredients lists but seems like links aren’t allowed.

16. I use Neutrogena oil free SPF 45…Cheap and convenient.
    The reason i chose these one is because its oil free,feels great on my skin and its a great moisturizer.

17. I use Garnier – Moisture Rescue – Lightweight Uv Lotion Spf 15, I started using it because it was the companion to the Gel Cream that is a truly amazing moisturizer. I like it fine and its around $7 for 4.5 oz, which is how much I’d pay for any Spf.

18. I have a weird combination of acne (well actually I’ve been clear for at least two years with your program) and EXTREMELY dry skin (which has been gone since jojoba) and cetaphil has been my dream moisturizer. I discovered it from acne.org and it’s just simple, pure, and amazing. So ya, their spf 15 moisturizer is simply the best. That and the oil of olay are my fav’s! You should know, you introduced them to me!
    I’ll tell you what, all the crap I go out hoping beyond hope will work ends up breaking me out, including the Hope in a Jar spf. Broke me out which was a bummer because it’s so nice and luxurious :P

19. HI. I use PCA Skin Weightless Protection SPF 45. I love it. I have oily skin and it is so light and smooth. I got it from my Dermatologist. I have a light case of melasma and am very careful in the sun. This stuff is great!

20. I use Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple. My (eczema-and-acne-drama-queen) skin tolerates it without a problem.

Here are the ingredients: [Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Zinc Oxide 14.5%] Water, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alcohol Benzoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, PEG 12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diazolidiny Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride.

To simplify my routine and to help the sunscreen apply more smoothly, I mix it in my hands with a tiny bit of moisturizer and primer. I use:

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream for moisturizer:
    (Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%, Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3)

and

LORAC oil-free neutralizer as a primer/tint::

(Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Steareth-21, Xanthan Gum, Stearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Matricaria Extract, Comfrey Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, PVM/MA Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Octyldodecyl Erucate, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines).

My skin tolerates all of these products. As a side note, for makeup-wearers, mixing a few drops of foundation or tint into sunscreen can be an efficient and less-irritating method of application. I apply the sunscreen/moisturizer/makeup combo to my entire face and neck area, and my skin stays protected, moisturized, and even-looking all day.

21. Thanks you guys. I’ll try some of these. As you keep suggesting things, please let me know specifically how it helps with flakiness. That’s my biggest concern.

22. okay so ive been using this really awesome stuff on the regimen. i get it at whole foods or amazon.com for about 10$. its called earth sciences almond aloe moisturizer. its all natural and i find that the ingredients do not break me up….best part… theres no avobenzone. so try it out dan its super awesome and my skin stays hydrated enough with it. Also cerave is a good brand they make a good non spf moisturizer advertised for nighttime use. it uses time released hyaluronic acid and lots of other good stuff. seriously try this stuff out its amazing

23. As mentioned above, the Paula’s Choice RESIST SPF 30 hand cream is AMAZING as a facial sunscreen — and for me, completely eliminates flaking (Paula Begoun herself is the one who recommends it as a sunscreen– and I can see why). Don’t ask me how this is possible, but it feels very light, almost weightless, yet somehow sufficiently moisturizing. And it’s completely mineral. As far as mineral sunscreens go, it’s by far the best I have ever used. If you use too much, it has a slightly white cast, but it’s blend-able. I think it’s fantastic.

24. I use SOLAR PROTECTION FORMULA, TIZO3 SPF40, TINTED FORMULATION. I love this sunscreen. I have had no breakouts and I exercise outside a lot. I live in Florida and it has protected my face well. Basiccally, it is the only sunscreen I have ever liked, and I am 51. Try it!!!

25. Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 45

Dan, Paula’s Choice sunscreen above is amazing. I apply it over jojoba oil or Vit E oil. I know it’s got Avobenzene/Homoslate and all those chemical ingredients, but I promise it’s unlike any drugstore product I’ve ever used. Zero breakouts and amazing texture/application. Please try it! I’ve used your regimine for 10 years and tried EVERY sunscreen that exisits just about with your regimine.

26. I’m a ranga, sunscreen is my life!

For days with minimal time in the sun (like going to uni), the Olay Complete Defense SPF 15 is usually fine for the face.

For the body and days with longer time in the sun, you absolutely can not beat the Australian Cancer Council’s Everyday Sunscreen for Sensitive skin (the grey pakaging, but the standard orange everyday is okay too, it’s just too thick for me).
    It’s completely non-greasy, is thin enough that I don’t feel like my skin is ripping when putting it on and it spreads easily, but not so thin that it ends up everywhere. If you don’t rub it in properly, it absorbs really fast on it’s own. After it’s soaked in, you can’t even tell you’re wearing sunscreen at all. It’s used by Surf-lifesavers, so you know it works.

27. I like the Solar Sense Clear Zinc SPF 50 that comes in the little one ounce jars. The chemical sunscreens make my skin itchy and red which exacerbates the flakes and makes them more visible. The Solar Sense is emollient enough that it moistens the flakes but it doesn’t make me produce more sebum like chemical sunscreens do and it doesn’t break me out.

28. I use Merlot Natural Grape Seed Moisturizer. A friend introduced me to this moisturizer. I had never heard of it before. It is sold only at Walgreen’s. The inventor of this product was featured on TV. I read grape seed oil is really good at reducing the appearances of scars. It has a nice smell, it doesn’t make me break out at all, and it keeps my skin flake free. I’ve been using it for years. It’s by far my favorite moisturizer. It has SPF 15. It’s oil-free, contains anti-oxidant,non-comedogenic, anti-wrinkle, and contains protection from the sun.

*link edited out*

29. Dan,

I prefer to use an all natural spf something safer than the harsh chemicals in a lot of drugstore brands. I want something that doesn’t irritate my skin, blends well, doesn’t make my eyes tear since I am a contact lens wearer and doesn’t give me a headache (I suffer from migraines) I also want it to work well for all occasions (under makeup at work, active outdoors, etc)

I highly recommend these 2 brands below I included the links:

Kabana GreenScreen Organic SPF

*link edited out*
    Nature’s Skin & Body

*link edited out*

30. you MUST try ole henriksen “protect the truth spf 50+” its an all natural sunscreen thats perfection!!!!! it doesnt go on greasy so you can wear it under make-up and doest run when you wear it while you excercise and stuff. its by far the best sunscreen out there, ive tried em all and will never try another after finding this one :)))))) you can find it @ sephora

31. Cetaphil has a line for acne prone skin. So far I’ve tried their Dermacontrol Oil Control miostuizer spf30. I love it! It moisturizes yet non-greasy.

32. Hi Dan, I don’t know why you are trying to find a sunscreen that controls flakiness when a moisturizer should be more effective for this. I personally use IsisPharma Uveblock 80, which I purchase from an aesthetician. It offers really great physical sun protection where I am in the tropics, and a little goes a long way. It is not greasy, but it is not really an oil-control product either. The only thing that got rid of the flakiness I experienced around my mouth without exacerbating my oily skin problem was aloe vera gel (a pump of Fruit of the Earth Crystal gel) with a drop of Tea Tree Oil applied before sunblock. It’s great everywhere except near the eyes.

33. I am using a whole system for acne treatment called Unblemish from Rodan + Fields. The SPF moisturizer that comes with it is incredible. It is an oil control lotion with an SPF of 30. It goes on and absorbs immediately. I typically have trouble with moisturizers just sitting on my face and not absorbing. I highly recommend this product.

34. I use EUCERIN Q10 Anti-Wrinkle sensitive skin lotion SPF15 4oz. Its the best moisturizer I found to use with BP for flakiness. I tried a ton of moisturizers but none work with the Regime for flakiness then this one. I also like its SPF15 which is great for my sensitive skin. I used to use Eucerin skin renewal but they stopped making it years ago and this is the next best thing I have found . Only available online.

35. I use Davita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30. It is zinc based and the only natural SPF that doesn’t turn me ashy or leave a white residue. I prefer natural sunblocks and they always make brown-skinned women dull and ashy. But no more! It is the best I’ve used, and I’ve tried most. I don’t get flakiness with it. It has hyaluronic acid in it.

36. I haven’t seen anyone recommend Paula’s Choice products (edit), but they’re excellent. She also offers noncomedogenic products and non-irritating sunscreens. Her sunscreens have SPF from 15 to 45.

I’ve used Paula’s products for years, but your prices are far more reasonable. And your gentle approach has made a huge difference in my skin. I think I’ve been scrubbing it to death for 50 years!

37. Let’s all remember SPF is a logarithmic scale. :) (Spread the knowledge Dan!)
    SPF 15 is ~93% UVB (harmful) protection, SPF 30 is ~97%, SPF 50 is ~98%, SPF 100 would be ~99%.

So above SPF 30 you’re only squeezing out maybe 1 extra percentage of protection, and 30 is only ~4% more protection than 15. ;)

Now you can weigh the SPF factor accurately in comparison to a sunscreen’s other features like greasiness, flake prevention etc.

38. OK, I’m back after over a month of using the Paula’s Choice RESIST Ultimate Anti-Aging Hand Cream SPF 30 + Antioxidants on my face. I definitely like it better than the Josie Maran Sunscreen because it does not contain fragrance and does not make my eyes burn.
    It has not caused any breakouts and I actually think it might be helping control them…the Regimen is great for keeping my acne under control but I get a couple of hormonal cysts on my chin every month. The Josie Maran sunscreen wasn’t causing it but I think the fragrance might have been irritating my skin. But now that I’m using the Paula’s Choice hand cream sunscreen, the spots don’t get as big and dissapear much faster! I’m not sure if it’s from something good in the cream or if it’s because it isn’t irritating my skin. Either way, I’m pretty happy with this sunscreen!

39. P.S.
    I still use the sunscreen over a moisturizer (Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator). I have a feeling the sunscreen alone would not be able to control flakes. But that is not a big deal to me…I don’t really expect a sunscreen to be able to control flakes.

40. Aubrey Organics SPF 15 For Faces…. All natural and I don’t seem to break out. I don’t use it every day because I work in an office but if I’m going hiking or something, I put it on.

It looks greasy for the first 15 minutes or so, but then sinks into skin.

41. I agree with a previous posted who stated most sunscreens are not really moisturizing. I’ve recently started using a product by SkinMedical called Redness Relief Calmplex. I use this in the evenings. I think the third ingredient is jojoba oil! It’s really, really terrific. Sunscreen is a must each morning, so mornings I use EltaMD 46 Clear. It’s AWESOME. All previous sunscreens have not dried properly (felt oily/greasy) and this one melts into my skin. Does not cause breakouts, no white residue and feels very smooth on my skin.

42. I swear by MS Solar Science Mineral Screen Gel SPF 30. It is formulated for acne prone and rosacea skin types. I could not use traditional sunscreen because the ingredients irritated my acne or rosacea or both at times. It is the best!

Mineral Screen Gel SPF 30+ Silky smooth, very water resistant and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores), this product offers unparalleled application and feel. Our special formula provides broad spectrum, high UVA and UVB protection with an SPF of 30+. Our mineral gel contains pure zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and is targeted to teens with acne, adults with acne-prone skin or rosacea, and those with thinning hair and bald heads.. Mineral Screen Gel is ideal for all ages.

43. DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+

I put this on over DML Moisturizing Lotion. DML was recommended by my derm for people using acne topicals. It is specifically developed for this use and really takes care of the flakies without being greasy. The DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ was developed specifically for people prone to acne and goes on very light. It is a zinc SPF. You can get it at the health food store or online.

44. I love the Eucerin sensitive skin SPF 30 formula. It come in a little pink and white bottle. I added maybe a half a teaspoon of jojoba oil to the whole bottle. I’ve been using it for over a year, and I don’t believe I’ve broken out because of it. Heck, I used it when I did a field school in archaeology in Sicily last summer–not only did I not get sunburn on my face, but I also didn’t break out. Of course, I wore a hat, too…:)

45. I use the Olay SPF 15 and never have any problems with it. It is a bit thick for my liking, though, so in Japan I use Biore UV (Perfect Milk SPF 50 or Mild Care Mil SPF 30). They are light and leave no noticeable residue, and i don’t get any reaction. I much prefer the Japanese sunscreen to anything I’ve used in the States.

46. I’ve been using Avene’s clearance spf 30. As far as I’ve noticed, it is in fact non-comedogenic but I wish it came in SPF 50 too cause I’m super fair!

47. Hey cant we just use sunscreen on top of the moisturizer we are using to control flakiness and get protection at the same timec??

48. ROC Minesol Triple Defense sunscreen in SPF 30/50. I’m pale as you can get without being an albino and I burn like a lobster, but I never experience sun burn with this on. Mine is especially for the face too. Doesn’t break me out – not sure about controlling flakes, but it feels nice on my skin at any rate. It’s doing a pretty good job at stopping the sun damage from BP use so far.

49. Hey Dan,

I am using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock (SPF 30). I love this stuff! I have been using it for 6 months now. It is light weight and it doesn’t break out my skin one bit!! Historically it has been hard to find a sunblock that won’t break me out. I hope this stuff never goes off the market.

Best,