- Feel like you want to apply AHA+ but don’t want the full whammy of 10% glycolic acid?

- Feel like you want to apply Acne.org Moisturizer but want to give it a kick of AHA?

- Feel like using AHA+ often but find that it’s too much for every night?

The answer: Mix them together. I do this quite a bit, for all of the above reasons. Because I formulated both products to be compatible, you can mix them together without issue in any ratio you’d like. Just something I wanted to put out there.

13 thoughts on “AHA+ and Acne.org Moisturizer. BFFs.

1. Hey Dan! Love your blog as usual. I used to use the AHA all the time and I love it! However, recently within the past couple months, when I use the AHA by itself I’ve been getting milia on my face :(. Do you think combining them will allow me to use the AHA and eliminate the chance of milia? Love to hear what you think!

2. Great tip Dan, thank you. The Regimen is the only thing that works for me besides antibiotics, I’ve been doing it every day for 3 years! Keep making great products!

3. I second Grace’s question. Can you use this cocktail every night? I feel as if the benefits would be worth it, but I don’t know if that’s just too much AHA!!

4. I’ve been on and off the regimen for about 7 years now, but stick strictly to Dan’s products. In all my years, I never thought of this combo but it really feels great.

@grace & Chris

It’s really about listening and responding to your individual skin. My skin tends to get a little irritated if I use the combo every night, so I probably apply 2-3 times a week and HEAVY moisturizer the rest of the week :)

5. To answer about using AHA daily…

I use AHA every night (on face and body/chest). I put the Benzoyl on first, then AHA, then moisturizer. My skin is pretty used to all the stuff, so it doesn’t ever peel.

However, I don’t use benzoyl twice a day (it’s just too complicated for me)

6. This is pure genius! I sure hope you put these instructions on the products so folks who don’t read this blog will know you can do this. I never would have even thought of this. THANK YOU!!

7. I think milia is whitehead bump, I hv that too!
    I hv use aha before as toner every night
    At first it helps but I use that every night everyday!
    And it ends up that I hv whiteheads all over
    I think that cause everyone has different skin
    And u shouldn’t apply aha everynight jus once or twice a week
    Cuz that helps me and I’m using the product here and listen to dan’s and his team’s advice
    My skin is getting better! Whiteheads is less now!!

8. I just purchased the product…can i apply the aha+ am and pm after applying the treatment. I also have dark spots from the acne how can i fade them away. Iam tired of putting on heavy makeup to cover them…help!