The new acne treatment ratings and reviews pages are up! The new ratings and reviews pages should be more streamlined. We switched from multiple 1-5 ratings to one global 1-5 rating to simplify the process. Navigation is improved, and it should be much easier for you guys to add products too. If you find any glaring bugs, or if you have strong opinions on what needs to be added or changed, please reply to this blog post or to the post I’m making in the Announcements forum.

These new pages are the result of months of hard work. A big thanks to Joel and Paul for being amazing as usual.

Enjoy!

8 Responses to “Redesign of ratings and reviews pages complete!”

• Michael

Hi, really like the new page! Was going through the moisturizers/sunscreens, and could not filter on sunscreens and get results? Also, it would be nice to have extra relevant ingredients under the picture of the sunscreen: avobenzene, zinc oxide, etc.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Realme2008

Thanks Dan, and everyone who helped or worked with him. You guys work really hard, and it definitely shows.

• David Marchese

Hi Dan,

I’m trying to get in touch with you for a story I’m writing for Salon.com. Please email me at searchmedavid@gmail.com

• Dave

Dan, I took a look around the review pages and I noticed a few minor “issues” with the new layout. I think you did a good job of making the reviews themselves simpler. However, it took me a long time to figure out how to actually write a review. Perhaps that button should be made more prominent. Also, I think the way that the categories are laid out is a little bit complex and it is harder for me to easily browse popular products (like jojoba, AHA, etc).

Anyway, keep up the good work. Just wanted to provide some feedback on this.

• tre"ce

I miss the links to Drugstore.com , are the still there and I just don’t see them? Did’nt acne.org get 10% back from them?

• Joel

The links which we had to Drugstore.com have been restored. It is located under the picture of the item. See “Where to buy” link.

• Ann S

Acne has to be one of the most difficult skin conditions to control. I think that everyone has figured out what causes acne breakouts, stress, diets and environment. In order for you to keep acne at bay I always suggest facial scrubs twice a day, morning and again at night and lastly applying your acne product that works for you. I feel that there are so many different products available on the market; unfortunately we all have very different skin types so it is up to you to experiment and find what works for you. Keeping the skin free of oil and dirt build-up is very important.