I’ve been researching cortisone shots for the past few weeks and finished my research this morning. I’ve got the whole lo-down for you guys. Joel and I made a new cortisone shot page on Acne.org if you wanna check it out too.

17 thoughts on “Cortisone shots

1. Dan, you can also use cortisone shots to reduce the appearance of keloid scars formed from acne. My brother had this done.

2. Thanks for the info!

I don’t want to seem unappreciative but the music in these videos is really grating. I prefered the older videos.

3. My sister asked her friend’s dad who is a dermatologist what to do about the huge cystic zits that occasionally happen to the “over 40 crowd.” He said to mix BP & OTC hydrocortisone cream together & dab it on 2-3 times during the day. She did, & the next day, the swelling was gone! Btw, my sister is not on the Regimen. Obviously this is not something one would do regularly, but just in a pinch.

4. That little monster man is cute as all get-out. I totally want one. I’d name it Grimly. : )

Also, happy (late) St. Patrick’s day, Dan.

5. I had to get a cortisone shot for a huge cyst on my left cheek, it was the size of a half dollar! The nurse practitioner said it was good that I came in when I did. The shot cost me $50(I don’t have health insurance either), but this was approx. 10yrs ago. Oh, and the cyst went away that night. I do have a tiny indent where the cyst was originally. That is probably due to how big the cyst was and how bad it was.

6. Voce–my doctor told me not to use cortisone cream on the face (I had a rash)–that it could permanently damage the skin there.

7. You should discuss Piyrorsporum folliculitis in your blog which has been an extremely popular topic in the body acne forum!

8. I think that a more natural treatment would be great. I use Retin-A.The active ingredient in Retin-A is something called Treninoin, which is an acidic form of Vitamin A. It assists loosening the pores to release dirt and oil build-up from the skin. Retin-A also helps prevent the skin from forming new build-ups by keeping the skin from sticking together. I had suffered from acne my whole life until I tried Retin-A. I love it!

9. Great video! I’ve been wondering about cortisone shots, and also about the OTC cream. That stuffed monster was so cute! I’m with Sharpy, too though: sometimes I feel like I’m just biding my time listening to muzak, waiting for the actual informative bits to come! Cute video anyway!

10. man thanks heaps for this video, and for this website in general actually. i had wondered a few things about cortisone shots, and you pretty much just covered most of it in this video!

Cheers =)

11. I got cortisone shot in my cystic acne on my right cheek. It help the cyst go down, but it left a big dent….six months forward I still had dent; however, the cyst came back in the same place….I don’t know if I should get a shot again, or let it be…im confused..