MTV is doing a documentary, “True Life: I Have Acne”. We’ve been communicating with them and I think this is a great opportunity to reduce the stigma of acne. The more acne is talked about the better in my opinion. I wanted to reach out and see if there might be someone in our community who would be interested in participating in the documentary. They’re looking for someone between 15-25 years old. I told them I’d be willing to be on camera but I’m too old ;)

I would love it if the person who decides to do this was willing to use the Acne.org Regimen during the documentary as well. It would be a great chance to get the word out on how well the Acne.org Regimen works. Of course I can help out by supplying products free of charge during filming. Let me know if this would be something you or someone you know might be interested in and if it would work in your life in the next few months. I think it could be a very good thing. You can email me if you are interested.

13 thoughts on “MTV documentary

1. I’d do it, but the only thing the documentary would show is how bad the psychological effects of acne can be by filming me. Besides, my life is boring.

2. i always thought you guys should try and get on the show, the big idea with donny deutsch. i’m being serious.

when is the true life show supposed to be aired?

3. I would do it but I am 28. I am due to go on Accutane in the beginning of April….Keep us posted with the progress of the documentary. Thanks

4. It’s about time! I’m a 40 yr old woman who has been suffering from acne since I was 14. I found acne.org about a year and a half ago – I use Dan’s benzoyl peroxide and found supplements that have really helped me. I used to think about e-mailing Oprah about my issue but would never want to be asked to be on camera. It is such an understated subject. Please don’t get me started about the medical community (not all but most that I’ve experienced) that just want to put a band aid on the problem but never actually deal with what works. I’ve always been an advocate for finding a cure for my “disease” and, while I know that there are far more serious diseases out there, my quality of life has severely suffered – for far too many years. MTV targets that age group which I think is great and I will definitely watch (when will it air?) but as for me, Oprah may be getting an e-mail. The problem is, no one wants to look at a “disfigured” face on t.v. unless it’s part of the role – we’re just swept under the carpet – not trying to sound like a victim just stating the way it is. BTW – THE BIG IDEA is an excellent idea – Dan should contact Donnie – love that show..

5. nice post, liz. it would be cool if oprah did a show about this. i wouldn’t want to be on camera, either, tho. that would take some brass ones =)
    and thx for the donny D/big idea compliment. i love that show, too, and think it would be an excellent idea for dan kern and acne.org.

6. hey i would love to do it. i am 22 male currently in my last semester in schol. i dont have acne that bad, but i rather have none. let me know

7. I’m a 16 (almost 17)-year-old female.. junior in high school. I haven’t had a chance to try out the regimen, but I have been on Accutane for the past 4 months, and I’ve been keeping an updated journal with many photos on this site. I’m not sure if I would “qualify” but I would LOVE to be on it for my Accutane experience. I’ve been wanting others to know about it soo bad!

8. Hi Dan, I’m a 24 yr old female with pretty bad acne. I’m definitely interested in trying something that actually works and I’d like to do the documentary if they haven’t already casted for it. It’s great that they’re doing a documentary on acne, i’m sure it’ll help the many people who are affected physically and emotionally by acne. Where can I find out more about the documentary?

9. Finally i been waiting for something like this I would do it, but the camaras would only be in side of my house because i dont have a job beacause of my acne i dont go out because acne and that would be boring your call

10. Finally i been waiting for something like this I would do it, but the camaras would only be in side of my house because i dont have a job beacause of my acne i dont go out because acne and that would be boring your call.

11. OMG, I do hope that MTV does this. I’m far too old to be considered (damn this growing old crap) but I’ve been dealing w/ acne for 20 years now. It’s ridiculous, it’s soul-crushing, it’s expensive… UGH!

Dan, thx for reaching out to MTV. I do hope that your regimen is featured as it’s an affordable option that has proven to be successful to many people out there. I recommend your site often :)