Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 175 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 12/01/2015 05:43 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 12/01/2015 01:07 UTC
$11.70 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Amazing. !
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I have acne prone skin and very very oily. I saw its advertisement on TV and was just wondering if I should really be applying oil to my skin which is so oily already. Anyway I ordered this online and it's just been a week, and I can see the results so visibly clear !!

It gets absorbed in skin easily, doesn't cause breakouts and is absolutely non greasy.

I hope to get rid of my acne scars really soon.

by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 15:49
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 16:34
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
Not Recommend
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

No,I highly suspect it cause pimples on my face…................

Magic for me.
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

I am 39. I've used every topical out there, accutane, antibiotics, birth control pills. Everything. I get acne, cystic acne and have scarring from both. I've used Bio-oil and Retin-A every other day. My face is almost clear. Unbelievable. (I'm not a paid spokesperson) real live person who can freaking believe my skin is finally, at 39 no less, clearing up. Use this stuff!

by whispers28 on 07/23/2015 09:42
would you be able to send in a few photos of before and after?
Bad product
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

I used it for three weeks continuosly. No use at all. Instead there were side effects.

Not that good at all
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

I used it on small scar caused by rubbing rash….it was hopeless didn't work at all….used it solidly for a month to 6 weeks

Reviewed on February 26, 2015

I start using the bio oil I loved it. I use it for about 2 weeks but the third week i I break out my face dried up and pealing little roughness here and there. Am asking for help right now on what can I do to bring back my smooth face. Thanks for the help

by joyMNC on 03/26/2015 16:30
try argan oil or maracuja oil
by melissa1906 on 06/03/2015 04:07
Dubious but it amazed me
Reviewed on February 13, 2015

I suffer from both acne (not so bad now but flare ups from time to time and still have extremely sensitive skin) and very dry skin which gets towards flaky in the winter months.

Having such sensitive skin I find that oil-moisturizers make me break out and the non-oil ones, although better than nothing, seem to be instantly absorbed into my skin leaving it still feeling dry.

A friend recommended bio-oil and I was dubious; "Oil? On my skin? Really??"

However, I was also desperate and so I tried it. I started off at first on the T-Zone as I didn't want to stray into my more spot prone areas until I saw how the rest of my skin reacted. After one use my skin was already feeling better. It felt fresher, the dryness was massively reduced and when I woke up in the morning (having put it on the night before) I just felt more fresh faced. Because it was improving the dryness and smoothness of the skin it also meant my make up went on and stayed on better!

After a couple of weeks with no reaction to it I expanded onto my chin and the rest of my face. Although I don't think it is a 'spot eradicator' as I do still get them the spots I have gotten since using this are less aggressive in nature and the skin feels more balanced.

I would definitely recommend it if you suffer from dry skin and are scared of aggravating your acne. I forgot to put it on one night and when I woke up my face was almost as dry as it had been before I started using it! This is definitely an addition to my skin care routine for life.

Reviewed on January 12, 2015

Can't believe the bad reviews...this product is great..i had troubles with uneven skin tone and started using 3 weeks ago..i'm seeing amazing results...first product that actually helps me with my uneven skin tone troubles. my skin is getting better and i know by the time i finish this bottle i will be glowing....

Doesnt seem to be effective?
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

So Ive been applying bio oil for about a few months every night on a burn scar I have. Im seeing no improvements whatsoever. It happened from the exhaust pipe of a motorbike (ouch) and the scar is about the size of half my palm which I think is pretty noticeable. I lost the layer of skin and about a year later its now a lighter skin tone. Ive been extremely self conscious of it and have been well aware of everyone looking at it. It does look pretty bad though but I dont feel pain or anything.Maybe it needs more time but Im not very sure :/ nearly have given up on the product. anyone using bio oil on scars also not have improvements?

if anyone could recommend anything for burn scars to 'fade' or lessen that would be greatly appreciated! :)

by slavina1990 on 01/29/2015 02:26
You can try aloevera
by pishwir on 03/27/2015 23:41
ok i have a small burn scar on my face and ive seen a dermatologist... he said : put kojivit cream on area twice a day, and acne uv sunscreen three times a day. never ever rub the scar. so since i cant find kojivit cream im using bio oil.. been using it for about a week now and im not having any expectations to be honest. you only have to keep the skin clean whenever you can and protect it from the sun, along with applying a skin regenerating product such as kojivit cream. good luck
Acne getting worse before getting better?
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

I have mild adult acne which becomes worse in the fall. I was looking for a good moisturizing product that would not make me break out, and maybe even help my skin clear up.

I started using Bio-Oil a month ago. I had high hopes for this product and applied it religiously morning and nights, massaging my skin carefully.

My pimples did not get better at all! In fact, I started having many more zits, especially on my chin. I can feel the skin on my face and neck being rough and corse, and many small pimples starting to make their way to the surface!

Last night, I began to think that I would not wait the suggested 3 months period to see results.

I am very dissapointed as I loved the smell and texture of the oil, and massaging my skin with it felt wonderfull.

Maybe I should wait out the three months before giving up?

Maybe my skin has been so dried up and toughened by years of various acne products that it is taking longer to respond?

I don't know...

But unless I stard seeing progress soon, I am going to abandon Bio-Oil forever...

by Camilla09 on 01/08/2015 11:56
I too had mild acne and started using bio oil, the results were that it got worse so I had to stop using it. My acne is all gone now and the products that really helped me were tea tree and witch hazel cream. I use bio oil and think it's great but not on acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
by Destiny2020 on 01/12/2015 15:15
Bio oil doesnt help pimples or acne...its really for the dark spots that those could have used another product for your acne and the bio oil for the spots that the acne leaves..
by sarikadalvi on 01/25/2015 00:27
I had bad acne so i m using exposed acne treatment it is really helping me , i m only clear , but my marks are still there , i will try bio oil for acne marks let see if it help
by Helizabeth17 on 04/15/2015 03:34
If you read the ingredients that bio oil contains on the box it comes in it contains mineral oil which is known to clog pores and create break outs. You should never put mineral oil on your face especially acne prone skin. I was looking into buying it too but once I saw that I steered clear.