Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.6/5 - 190 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 23:27 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 10/15/2016 17:47 UTC

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

This product is great but it isn't made for my skin
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

It is a great product but only if you don't have an oily skin. I used it for scar treatment. It did help with the scars and my skin felt softer and good but it made my skin to break out. Not being sure about what was causing the break outs at that time, I kept using it for like 2 weeks. What it did to my skin was curing the old scars and giving new pimples. I will just say it is worth giving a try. Everyone is different. I love this product but the breakouts are keeping me from using it, still I am finding a way to make it work out for my skin. I am gonna give it a try again by mixing it with tea tree oil and then using it.

Someone help me I'm stuck
Reviewed on October 1, 2016

Does anyone know I found it helps get rid of your pimples and blemishes?

by Sarah Noor on 10/16/2016 13:19
No, Bio oil absolutely isn't made to cure pimples neither does it helps pimples. In fact it is written among the instructions that it should not be used over the broken skin. For blemishes and scars yes it does help a lot but it depends like it causes some people to have breakouts. Everyone has different skin. Give it a try, it surely is worth it.
I think it made me breakout more
Reviewed on August 17, 2016

I used this stuff for about a week and the next week I had more breakouts, i don't know if this was what made me breakout more, but I don't plan on finding out.

AMAZING!
Reviewed on July 31, 2016

I love this product as it helps keep my skin feel soft and look refreshing, although i recommend that it may not be suitable for all skin types. I use it as a night-time moisturizer and primer for my face to lighten up my face.

no miracles
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I bought it to help heal and speed up my break outs, at first it seemed great but unfortunately for me it started to cause breakouts. It didn't provide any miracles for me.

highly recommended
Reviewed on July 11, 2016

I've used this on my facial acne scars and hyper pigmentation. I was sceptical at first that putting oil (for which I read: "grease") on my face would help things, but have been proved wrong. The redness has faded after just a few weeks and the texture of my skin has much improved. Aside from it's practical use the oil gives your skin a sparkle - much like a make-up highlighter - leaving your face looking fresh and dewey. Really very highly recommended.

by Emily3456 on 10/01/2016 04:32
Did it get rid of of your pimples and blemishes
good
Reviewed on May 27, 2016

I use this as a night time moisturizer for my face and I think its great. Its an excellent price and it lasts for a long time. I dont have any scars on my face,

Reviewed on May 13, 2016

It didn't lighten my scars or stretch marks anything. It's just mineral oil with fragrance. it's not a miracle product like some people make it out to be.waste of money!

good
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I have really dry skin and have tried lot's of things to try. I also have a few blemish scars that are so annoying and by the end of the day, even with makeup on they are visible. i had just about given up because nothing seemed to be working when a friend gave me this. i didn't like the idea of putting oil on my face, but i couldn't have been more wrong. After two days my skin was hydrated and healthy my blemish scars are now gone and i like it

by Emily3456 on 10/01/2016 04:30
Did it get rid of your pimples and blemishes after 2 days
NOPE. BUT...it could have been my fault actually.
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

NOPE. I had such high hopes for this product as it was recommended by the queen herself, Kim Kardashian. However, it's always hard for me to remember that a lot of people making recommendations don't have the multiple prescriptions & 2 accutane round sensitive skin that I have.

Now, I put this on lightly one night before bed. Woke up the next morning nothing. But I figured don't rush it. I put it on again later in the week, and again later, in varying intervals, but no more than about 3 times per week. I did this for 3 weeks and saw some improvement. That little glimmer of improvement lead me to SLATHER IT ON in large quantities every night before bed. By day 3 in a row of this I woke up with genuinely the worst breakout I had seen in years. Literal years. 3 days of a lot of bio oil took 2 weeks to clear up.

I read a lot about it and it seems that while most ingredients work fine with sensitive skin, a few remaining ones can exasperate it and cause irritation, reaction, etc. I referred to my breakout as an allergic reaction to my boyfriend and honesty because of the severity I think it can be considered that.

Will I use Bio-Oil again? No definitely not I am truly traumatized and think that natural oils will provide as much gratification as Bio-Oil did. Genuinely. However, did I misuse this product? FOR SURE. If you have sensitive skin that is dull/dry rather than sensitive/acne-prone then I say go for it (but obviously in the appropriate amount.)

by FrancescaES on 05/04/2016 23:35
Yeah you're supposed to use it thinly day and night for 3 months for it to have its full effect. Because of the long repair process involved with healing scar tissue, you won't see an effect on your skin for a few weeks :)