Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 183 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 05/27/2016 12:52 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 05/27/2016 09:26 UTC

Reviewed on May 13, 2016

It didn't lighten my scars or stretch marks anything. It's just mineral oil with fragrance. it's not a miracle product like some people make it out to be.waste of money!

good
Reviewed on May 6, 2016

I have really dry skin and have tried lot's of things to try. I also have a few blemish scars that are so annoying and by the end of the day, even with makeup on they are visible. i had just about given up because nothing seemed to be working when a friend gave me this. i didn't like the idea of putting oil on my face, but i couldn't have been more wrong. After two days my skin was hydrated and healthy my blemish scars are now gone and i like it

NOPE. BUT...it could have been my fault actually.
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

NOPE. I had such high hopes for this product as it was recommended by the queen herself, Kim Kardashian. However, it's always hard for me to remember that a lot of people making recommendations don't have the multiple prescriptions & 2 accutane round sensitive skin that I have.

Now, I put this on lightly one night before bed. Woke up the next morning nothing. But I figured don't rush it. I put it on again later in the week, and again later, in varying intervals, but no more than about 3 times per week. I did this for 3 weeks and saw some improvement. That little glimmer of improvement lead me to SLATHER IT ON in large quantities every night before bed. By day 3 in a row of this I woke up with genuinely the worst breakout I had seen in years. Literal years. 3 days of a lot of bio oil took 2 weeks to clear up.

I read a lot about it and it seems that while most ingredients work fine with sensitive skin, a few remaining ones can exasperate it and cause irritation, reaction, etc. I referred to my breakout as an allergic reaction to my boyfriend and honesty because of the severity I think it can be considered that.

Will I use Bio-Oil again? No definitely not I am truly traumatized and think that natural oils will provide as much gratification as Bio-Oil did. Genuinely. However, did I misuse this product? FOR SURE. If you have sensitive skin that is dull/dry rather than sensitive/acne-prone then I say go for it (but obviously in the appropriate amount.)

by FrancescaES on 05/04/2016 23:35
Yeah you're supposed to use it thinly day and night for 3 months for it to have its full effect. Because of the long repair process involved with healing scar tissue, you won't see an effect on your skin for a few weeks :)
Healthy glow
Reviewed on February 28, 2016

I use this straight after showering on my face and body. It stops my skin feeling tight and it looks and feels softer. It doesn't take long to absorb into the skin and I find it's a great base for make up. Best of all, it doesn't cause breakouts for me, I've stopped getting blackheads and I've noticed my pores are less noticeable since I started using this a few month ago.

I would say though that it's not particularly moisturising on its own. After a particularly dry winter, the skin on my face got a bit flakey so I started to use e45 cream at night after washing my face. This has has helped moisturise my skin enough that I use Bio oil in the day as a light, easily absorbed, base for make up. I should point out that this works best (as with most moisturisers) when you apply it to slightly damp skin to seal in natural moisture. Also less is more if you're thinking of applying other products on top.

Acne turn around in one week!
Reviewed on February 3, 2016

Honestly I wish I had actually started using this years ago! I've had awful skin my whole life and after suffering through everything my dermatologist threw at me I never had any luck, so I gave up years ago. I knew this would help with scars but I never wanted to put it on my face though I have scars I also have blackheads, whiteheads, weird little spots stuck in my skin, cheek acne, acne all up in my T zone, EVERYWHERE people! I plaster on some many different products a day it's left me with some weird oily/dry combination of skin, like my eyes are tight but I can feel the oil on my lips because my face is so greasy at the same time. After I did some research I found where people were using this so I thought I couldn't make it any worse really and let me tell you - my face feels awesome! All these little spots I could feel are working out of my skin, the dryness is gone and it feels so smooth - my scars are lightening and my face in general feels like it's plumped a little (like my little pits aren't so noticeable) and my makeup goes on so much better. My boyfriend (who normally would keep quiet because he knows how sensitive I am about my skin problems) even noticed it was making a rapid turn around. I read a lot of reviews that said it made their acne worse but I really think it's worth a try for anyone if you're willing to risk it. Now I use mine along with everything else I put on too, but use it sparingly! A little goes a very long way! Morning routine - wash face with B'iore charcoal wash, then apply - Clean and Clear Astringent, Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer, Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment let that all soak in a little then I put a drop on my finger tips and rub around my eyes and a couple drops in my palm rub it in my hands and spread over my entire face. Same routine at night but I swap the Spot Treatment for Clean and Clear Persa-gel. Have I mentioned I only started the Bio-Oil part one week ago today?! I'm 25, I've had acne for 10+ years and never once have I found something that worked this well for me. I can't explain why putting oil on my acne helped me so much but it did and I hope this longer than necessary review helps you out.

no comment
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

tried this 1 week and didn't work well for no improvement at all

Mineral oil
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

This product has mineral oil in it, which is highly comedogenic (clogs pores --> more acne). Take hormone balancing supplements instead such as DIM, and Vitamin A to reduce oiliness of your skin. Evening Primrose is also good for women (hormone balancing). Drinking a lot of water with these is essential because excess hormones will be flushed out of your organism with these vitamins.

by Gergana on 05/09/2016 10:03
Wrong! Mineral oil has the lowest comedogenic rating - 0. Source -> https://[link removed]
Don't be afraid to use it!!!
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I was so scared to buy this because I have oily skin so I was thinking why put oil on my face when my face is too oily? But I took the risked and bought it. It was cheap around $12 for the small bottle at Walgreens. That small bottle lasts around 3 months if you use it only once a day so pretty good. I actually ran out and just went to buy another one today. It is AMAZING. Absolutely great. I used it one night and it made my skin glow, makes my skin look really good. It lightens up the appearance of acne scars and it is a good moisturizer it helps with acne and it doesn't break out my face and I have very sensitive skin. My face must be washed twice daily if I even skip one session I break out. Bio oil is amazing for skin and does exactly what it says it will. A tip is to use it mainly at night if you don't want to look a little oily. If you must use it in the morning only use a tiny little bit of bio oil and use a little bit of regular lotion, your skin will not look oily. Anyway, get it. It will not disappoint you. Fast results.

Amazing. !
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I have acne prone skin and very very oily. I saw its advertisement on TV and was just wondering if I should really be applying oil to my skin which is so oily already. Anyway I ordered this online and it's just been a week, and I can see the results so visibly clear !!

It gets absorbed in skin easily, doesn't cause breakouts and is absolutely non greasy.

I hope to get rid of my acne scars really soon.

by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 15:49
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 16:34
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
Not Recommend
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

No,I highly suspect it cause pimples on my faceā€¦................