Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 179 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 02/09/2016 09:24 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 02/09/2016 09:24 UTC

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Acne turn around in one week!
Reviewed on February 3, 2016

Honestly I wish I had actually started using this years ago! I've had awful skin my whole life and after suffering through everything my dermatologist threw at me I never had any luck, so I gave up years ago. I knew this would help with scars but I never wanted to put it on my face though I have scars I also have blackheads, whiteheads, weird little spots stuck in my skin, cheek acne, acne all up in my T zone, EVERYWHERE people! I plaster on some many different products a day it's left me with some weird oily/dry combination of skin, like my eyes are tight but I can feel the oil on my lips because my face is so greasy at the same time. After I did some research I found where people were using this so I thought I couldn't make it any worse really and let me tell you - my face feels awesome! All these little spots I could feel are working out of my skin, the dryness is gone and it feels so smooth - my scars are lightening and my face in general feels like it's plumped a little (like my little pits aren't so noticeable) and my makeup goes on so much better. My boyfriend (who normally would keep quiet because he knows how sensitive I am about my skin problems) even noticed it was making a rapid turn around. I read a lot of reviews that said it made their acne worse but I really think it's worth a try for anyone if you're willing to risk it. Now I use mine along with everything else I put on too, but use it sparingly! A little goes a very long way! Morning routine - wash face with B'iore charcoal wash, then apply - Clean and Clear Astringent, Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer, Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment let that all soak in a little then I put a drop on my finger tips and rub around my eyes and a couple drops in my palm rub it in my hands and spread over my entire face. Same routine at night but I swap the Spot Treatment for Clean and Clear Persa-gel. Have I mentioned I only started the Bio-Oil part one week ago today?! I'm 25, I've had acne for 10+ years and never once have I found something that worked this well for me. I can't explain why putting oil on my acne helped me so much but it did and I hope this longer than necessary review helps you out.

no comment
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

tried this 1 week and didn't work well for no improvement at all

Mineral oil
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

This product has mineral oil in it, which is highly comedogenic (clogs pores --> more acne). Take hormone balancing supplements instead such as DIM, and Vitamin A to reduce oiliness of your skin. Evening Primrose is also good for women (hormone balancing). Drinking a lot of water with these is essential because excess hormones will be flushed out of your organism with these vitamins.

Don't be afraid to use it!!!
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I was so scared to buy this because I have oily skin so I was thinking why put oil on my face when my face is too oily? But I took the risked and bought it. It was cheap around $12 for the small bottle at Walgreens. That small bottle lasts around 3 months if you use it only once a day so pretty good. I actually ran out and just went to buy another one today. It is AMAZING. Absolutely great. I used it one night and it made my skin glow, makes my skin look really good. It lightens up the appearance of acne scars and it is a good moisturizer it helps with acne and it doesn't break out my face and I have very sensitive skin. My face must be washed twice daily if I even skip one session I break out. Bio oil is amazing for skin and does exactly what it says it will. A tip is to use it mainly at night if you don't want to look a little oily. If you must use it in the morning only use a tiny little bit of bio oil and use a little bit of regular lotion, your skin will not look oily. Anyway, get it. It will not disappoint you. Fast results.

Amazing. !
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I have acne prone skin and very very oily. I saw its advertisement on TV and was just wondering if I should really be applying oil to my skin which is so oily already. Anyway I ordered this online and it's just been a week, and I can see the results so visibly clear !!

It gets absorbed in skin easily, doesn't cause breakouts and is absolutely non greasy.

I hope to get rid of my acne scars really soon.

by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 15:49
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
by LegitBedroom on 10/01/2015 16:34
Are you of color or are you Caucasian?
Not Recommend
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

No,I highly suspect it cause pimples on my face…................

Magic for me.
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

I am 39. I've used every topical out there, accutane, antibiotics, birth control pills. Everything. I get acne, cystic acne and have scarring from both. I've used Bio-oil and Retin-A every other day. My face is almost clear. Unbelievable. (I'm not a paid spokesperson) real live person who can freaking believe my skin is finally, at 39 no less, clearing up. Use this stuff!

by whispers28 on 07/23/2015 09:42
would you be able to send in a few photos of before and after?
Bad product
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

I used it for three weeks continuosly. No use at all. Instead there were side effects.

Not that good at all
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

I used it on small scar caused by rubbing rash….it was hopeless didn't work at all….used it solidly for a month to 6 weeks

by Lofn on 12/05/2015 03:49
The information provided with the bio-oil suggests that it may only work for recent scarring and if it will work, you need to use it for at least 3 months twice a day, morning and night. Maybe try a more dedicated usage and seek advice on whether anything will work with your scars. Speaking from experience.
Breakout
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

I start using the bio oil I loved it. I use it for about 2 weeks but the third week i I break out my face dried up and pealing little roughness here and there. Am asking for help right now on what can I do to bring back my smooth face. Thanks for the help

by joyMNC on 03/26/2015 16:30
try argan oil or maracuja oil
by melissa1906 on 06/03/2015 04:07