Page 3 of Bio-Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 159 reviews

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Reviewed on April 29, 2012

I used this for around a year in order to fade my existing acne scars. It did fade the scars, but it took a long time. For me it was worth it. However, after the scars faded from the apples of my cheeks, I notices my pores were quite visible and clogged. I stopped putting on bio oil and continued with my regular face wash, my pores shrunk. Now I only put bio oil on my problem areas or when my skin is really dry.

I also only use it at night because it doesn't absorb right away and is too oily when I have to go out during the day.

WARNING: If you have recently popped a zit, do NOT put bio oil over top of the mark. The bottle warns you not to as well. If you do, there will be a whitehead there in the morning.

Reviewed on April 23, 2012

I find this works on body scars, but not face.

At all.

Save yo cash

Reviewed on April 20, 2012

This is a great product and I would recommend it to all my friends, in fact I already have. Thanks Bio-oil!

Reviewed on April 15, 2012

This crap made me break out in a group of tiny bumps on my chin, the sides of my nose, around my hairline and some on my forehead. I don't even get these little tiny bumps on the regular so I knew it was from this. They went away when I stopped using it. I don't recommend AT ALL.

Reviewed on April 13, 2012

I would recommend this product for mild acne and hyper pigmentation. I had very dark acne scars on my cheek and would never leave my house without covering it with make up. Thanks to bio oil I am now able to wear no make up as my acne marks have lightened significantly. The bottle lasts for a very long time, I have been using it twice a day for 4 months and I still have just under half left. It is a good product however, it takes a very long time to start working and it doesn't work very well on new scars. Patience and perseverence definately needed.

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

I used it every morning and night just like I read in the directions for a month. I know you're suppose to use it for a minimum of 3 months but it started making me break out on my chin after 2 weeks. In the beganning I felt like it was working , evening out my skintone . But I recently stopped using it like 2 days ago . Everyone has different skin, so it might work for someone else.

Reviewed on March 16, 2012

I have mixed reviews about Bio Oil. At times, I thought it improved my skin texture, other times, I thought it made me break out, especially on my chin!

I have only used it for one month or so, I know you're supposed to use it a lot longer than that to see results but I wanted to leave my skin alone after getting more spots on my chin.

The only thing I liked was how it didn't make my skin look greasy so I was able to put it on in the morning if I wanted to.

It's all about trialling products to see what works for you, I don't think this one was for me.

Reviewed on March 16, 2012

I get acne on my face, arms and back. I never wore short sleeves....I have to say that the marks have lightened up. BioOil is amazing. I will never stop using it!

Reviewed on March 7, 2012

I used it as directed which is daily and it ended up clogging my pores and giving me a breakout and my skin isn't even oily to begin with. I didn't see any improvement in scarring either. But I do still buy and use this product, just not too often. It makes me glow and I keep it on hand all summer long. I use once a week as a depp moisture treatment when I feel dry and patchy. I use it on chapped lips (instant healing). And on all bug bites, burns, scratches and psoriasis patches. It clears those up quickly just didn't work so well on my face.