Page 3 of Bio-Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 170 reviews

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 03/04/2015 06:41 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 03/04/2015 06:41 UTC

Bio Oil Experience
Reviewed on September 19, 2013

Honestly, I was afraid this product would cause more acne for me but it hasn't. I see new scars healing really fast although I haven't noticed a huge improvement in old ones. It does sink into my skin relatively fast, and I use it as a moisturizer since it's so moisturizing I don't need my old one. Some people don't like the mineral oil, but I've done a lot of research on mineral oil and it's actually really good for scars and skin. Also, it has a comedogenic rating of like 0. If anything in Bio Oil is going to break you out, it's going to be Soybean Oil with a comedogenic rating of 3. Anyways, I haven't had any acne from the product and have noticed more even skin tone in general. Even if it doesn't work as a scar fading oil, it works great as a moisturizer.

May help clear red marks after acne.. but I believe it does clog pores.
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

As far as scar treatment goes, I believe this could help a significant amount.. but you have to be careful using on your face with acne prone skin.. it is an oil.. and very well could clog pores.

Sh*t product!
Reviewed on June 10, 2013

My skin has been flawless ever since I applied this on my face for a cut, after applying this on my face for 2 - 4 days I started getting terrible acne and the amount of oil on my skin would never go away! My confidence went away, I couldn't see any girls for a few weeks it took me 3 weeks straight to clear off all the acne! now I have scars that will take 4 - 6 weeks to completely heal! I am running a cycle of accutane for 6 months now because of the oil levels this created! but on the other hand the only thing this helps with is grazes and scars on the body don't apply this on your face!

Reviewed on April 21, 2013

I love this product! I started using this half a year ago when a friend recommended it and I decided to give it a shot. At that time, my scars were pretty dark and I had alot of acne (which kept scarring my face) but after about a month my skin lightened up and my scars faded! I am so happy with the results and although I get new scars from my acne, bio oil helps to get rid of them as well as my old scars. Recommending this to everyone - its so cheap and effective!

Reviewed on February 26, 2013

Nope.

by AnthonyAesthetics on 06/10/2013 03:39
I agree, sh*ttest product out.
Reviewed on October 24, 2012

Every product that I've used containing paraffinum liquidum (or other form of paraffin oil) has done the same; initially, it seems to lighten scars and makes skin almost glow. Within a week, the results weaken and as soon as you quit using the product, you're back to square one (if you're lucky.) If youre unlucky, you're going to be breaking out AND your skin will be drier than normally, since paraffin binds the moisture from your skin and hence dries it out whenever you wash away the paraffin oil.

Reviewed on July 28, 2012

It works really well but it isn't recommended for people with oily and acne-prone skin. I have combination skin.

Reviewed on July 17, 2012

This treatment is great for scars, makes them fade and reduce the size, hardly noticeable after a week of using this.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

I have only been using this product for about two weeks now. I know it takes longer to fully start working, but I can tell a difference already. For anyone concerned about the darker pores and small bumps, do not put on oily spots. Your chin, nose, and center forehead has the most oil produced on your entire face. So, I would not recommend putting it on those places. My cheeks have really bad scares, and they are super red. With this product, they have reduced greatly. Have not had a single pimple, even after only two weeks!!! (Got mine from Ultra, can get it online at [link removed])