Page 3 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 175 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 10/04/2015 01:03 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 10/04/2015 01:34 UTC
$10.94 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Broke me out
Reviewed on February 9, 2014

It did seem to help my acne scars, even my skin tone, and make my skin glow...BUT it broke me out all over my forehead. For me it helped with scars, but also caused pimples that eventually did scar. It contains a highly comedogenic ingredient (isopropyl myristate) and is known to be very likely to clog pores.

There are better products
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I would not use this product on my face for acne scarring as there are better treatments out there. This tends to block the pores ad break the face out. Probably more ideal for stretch marks etc. Would rather use rosehip or tea tree or emu oil.

Eh it's pretty good
Reviewed on December 25, 2013

Alright here's the run down: I do recommend this product for scarring but only in small amounts. I had an acne scar on my face for months (used medirma and it made it even bigger) I've been using bio oil for a week now and I already see my scar has decreased in size. It works but it takes time, don't expect a miracle out of it. Also, it is an oily product so you only need a small amount but I would apply it a couple times a day because it absorbs quickly into your skin.

Breaks out face, pretty good on body
Reviewed on December 19, 2013

Ok, not going to lie, but here is my opinion about this product. My face was healed and I was like Yay! I am now going to work on my hyper-pigmentation. So, I read the reviews, which was very helpful and I should of listen to some. It was awesome for the first day, so I applied it the next day still scare that i was going to break out. Day two in using it , I was still flawless. It was day three... I got little zit and a big ass pimple on my right cheek. I was like hooray, my nightmare reappeared. I was mad, but I kinda knew what i was getting into. So, listen to this comment, which I should of done. But I also have acne on my back. I took a bath and used half of the bottle into the tub. And wow , it kinda improved my skin and hyper pigmentation to my back area. so no face, yes on body.

Bio Oil Experience
Reviewed on September 19, 2013

Honestly, I was afraid this product would cause more acne for me but it hasn't. I see new scars healing really fast although I haven't noticed a huge improvement in old ones. It does sink into my skin relatively fast, and I use it as a moisturizer since it's so moisturizing I don't need my old one. Some people don't like the mineral oil, but I've done a lot of research on mineral oil and it's actually really good for scars and skin. Also, it has a comedogenic rating of like 0. If anything in Bio Oil is going to break you out, it's going to be Soybean Oil with a comedogenic rating of 3. Anyways, I haven't had any acne from the product and have noticed more even skin tone in general. Even if it doesn't work as a scar fading oil, it works great as a moisturizer.

May help clear red marks after acne.. but I believe it does clog pores.
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

As far as scar treatment goes, I believe this could help a significant amount.. but you have to be careful using on your face with acne prone skin.. it is an oil.. and very well could clog pores.

Sh*t product!
Reviewed on June 10, 2013

My skin has been flawless ever since I applied this on my face for a cut, after applying this on my face for 2 - 4 days I started getting terrible acne and the amount of oil on my skin would never go away! My confidence went away, I couldn't see any girls for a few weeks it took me 3 weeks straight to clear off all the acne! now I have scars that will take 4 - 6 weeks to completely heal! I am running a cycle of accutane for 6 months now because of the oil levels this created! but on the other hand the only thing this helps with is grazes and scars on the body don't apply this on your face!

Reviewed on April 21, 2013

I love this product! I started using this half a year ago when a friend recommended it and I decided to give it a shot. At that time, my scars were pretty dark and I had alot of acne (which kept scarring my face) but after about a month my skin lightened up and my scars faded! I am so happy with the results and although I get new scars from my acne, bio oil helps to get rid of them as well as my old scars. Recommending this to everyone - its so cheap and effective!

Reviewed on February 26, 2013

by AnthonyAesthetics on 06/10/2013 03:39
I agree, sh*ttest product out.
Reviewed on February 22, 2013

I bought this product after being told it would help to reduce acne scars. I had been clear from acne for three years but had acne scaring. I used this product for about a week and experienced a very bad breakout which shattered my confidence. It even caused cystic acne. It took a good few months for my skin to become clear again. I think I will leave acne scars alone for now! worst product I've ever bought.