Page 3 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 181 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 05/03/2016 20:19 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 04/02/2016 08:49 UTC

Miracle
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

I can't believe I'm seeing so many bad reviews on this product since it has completely changed the appearance of my skin.

Before starting to use Bio Oil, I had acne all over my face. My face was always extremely red, irritated and oily.

The first time I applied this product, I wasn't impressed at all. I woke up with two cystic pimples on my cheeks. I don't know why I decided to continue using Bio Oil, but I'm glad I did. My skin is looking better than it has in many years. My skin tone is even, I wake up to beautiful glowing skin every morning, I don't get oily anymore, my pores have shrunken, my acne scars have faded, and I have not broken out in a very long time. I'm 100% sure that all of these positive changes are because of Bio Oil and I feel obligated to share this with all of you, since I know the struggle of dealing with acne.

I wash my face every night with a very mild cleanser, then I tone with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, and then I moisturize my face with Bio Oil. This skin regimen is working extremely well for me and I'm thrilled with the results.

by denisa91 on 05/12/2015 00:34
Hi! Thank you so much for that review. May I ask, what cleanser do you use? Also, how many times did you use Bio Oil throughout the day? Can it go under makeup? Thank you :)
by denisa91 on 05/12/2015 00:55
every day facial use
Reviewed on July 24, 2014

This oil is honestly what I use as my daily moisturizer. I love it, I dont break out but I do have scars from when I would break out... my scars are lighting up & im suddenly getting compliments on my glowing skin. I would recommend this product to anyone trying to get rid of scars. You just have to know how to use the product & let it work its magic.

The best. I use it everyday.
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

Been using this for about a year now on my face. I use it as a moisturizer everyday. It does take a while to absorb so it leaves my face looking a bit "wet" temporarily.

Every other moisturizer I've tried leaves a gunky residue on my skin and does not help at all with my dry/flaky skin.

Bio-Oil works so well on my dry/flaky skin and counters it completely. Also helps heal red marks left from acne and heal irritated red blotchy skin caused by dryness.

Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a daily moisturizer to counter their dry skin. A full bottle last for months too because you only need a small amount.

awful
Reviewed on June 15, 2014

I used bio oil for a good year and a half (for my scar) and saw no improvement what so ever. It also takes forever to absorb and it smells like my grandmothers house. I would not recommend.

by Rohit Verma on 11/18/2014 17:26
haa haa.. I was almost convinced with the product till i scrolled down and read your "Awful" experience with the product
every other day facial use
Reviewed on June 12, 2014

Like everyone else, this product is great for bodily remedies, such as lightening or clearing body scars, however it works differently for facial use. I've been using this product for years and it's best to only use this as a facial moisturizer every three days, or four for sensitive skins. And before you apply it, damp your skin with water, then apply the oil lightly(maybe a drop or two).

Great on body scars, not sure about face
Reviewed on May 27, 2014

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks, twice a day on my back acne and i have to say that i have seen improvement. They have become softer and lighter. But on my face acne i used it for a week but started breaking out, im not sure if it was because of stress/tiredness(finlas, work, internship) or the oil. But i do recommend this product. Really worked on my back and arms.

Broke me out
Reviewed on February 9, 2014

It did seem to help my acne scars, even my skin tone, and make my skin glow...BUT it broke me out all over my forehead. For me it helped with scars, but also caused pimples that eventually did scar. It contains a highly comedogenic ingredient (isopropyl myristate) and is known to be very likely to clog pores.

There are better products
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I would not use this product on my face for acne scarring as there are better treatments out there. This tends to block the pores ad break the face out. Probably more ideal for stretch marks etc. Would rather use rosehip or tea tree or emu oil.

Eh it's pretty good
Reviewed on December 25, 2013

Alright here's the run down: I do recommend this product for scarring but only in small amounts. I had an acne scar on my face for months (used medirma and it made it even bigger) I've been using bio oil for a week now and I already see my scar has decreased in size. It works but it takes time, don't expect a miracle out of it. Also, it is an oily product so you only need a small amount but I would apply it a couple times a day because it absorbs quickly into your skin.

Breaks out face, pretty good on body
Reviewed on December 19, 2013

Ok, not going to lie, but here is my opinion about this product. My face was healed and I was like Yay! I am now going to work on my hyper-pigmentation. So, I read the reviews, which was very helpful and I should of listen to some. It was awesome for the first day, so I applied it the next day still scare that i was going to break out. Day two in using it , I was still flawless. It was day three... I got little zit and a big ass pimple on my right cheek. I was like hooray, my nightmare reappeared. I was mad, but I kinda knew what i was getting into. So, listen to this comment, which I should of done. But I also have acne on my back. I took a bath and used half of the bottle into the tub. And wow , it kinda improved my skin and hyper pigmentation to my back area. so no face, yes on body.