Page 10 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 175 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 11/25/2015 22:29 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 11/26/2015 00:13 UTC
$10.97 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on November 10, 2010

I understand that everyones different, but my personal experience of this product was unforunatly not good. A few years ago my acne pretty much dissapeared, so i wanted my scars to go too. I only had a few but i just wanted my skin to be normal again. When i look back i was putting on quite a lot, mainly out of frustration. After about two weeks application i broke out really badly and have lots of scars now as a result. Ironic huh? So my advice is to just be very careful with this product, and that i definatly don't think it's suitable for acne scars.

Reviewed on October 15, 2010

The thing to remember is THIS DOES WORK! I have used so many products on the market and this one, by far, lives up to what it says it does. It not only WORKS on scars, but it also works on wrinkles as well. It is worth the money and I reccommend it to everyone.

Reviewed on October 1, 2010

I don't have bad acne at all but I tend to panic when I have clogged pores and pick at them, leaving nasty red marks and sometimes scabs. Recently I made a mess out of my face and out of panic I thought I would try bio oil. I went to Walmart and discovered they have their own brand for $11/120 mil (half the price of the real stuff). By the next morning the red spots were almost completely gone! From experience I know it usually takes at least a week for them to heal. So far it hasn't made any new blemishes, but you gotta remember all skin is different. Even though it is oil, its oil that can trap dirt in pores, not oil that causes the actually problem. Also some oils prevent blemishes on their own (ie tea tree oil) because they have anti bacterial properties that clean out the pores. All in all I would say its working for me, but you have to try it for youself!

Reviewed on August 28, 2010

I have been using bio-oil on my legs for a few months and it works very well on mosquito bite scars, injury scars, and other scars.

It really WORKS for these type of scars!! :)

I don't use this for my face, but I do hear that it causes breakouts.

This doesn't work that well for stretch marks that you already have because I have tried it for stretch marks on my legs-they're from teen growth spurts.

However, I heard that it works well if you don't have them, so use it to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.

I recommend COCOA BUTTER for stretch marks.

For me, the small bottle is 14 dollars and the big bottle is 18, so the big bottle is worth the price!!!

Reviewed on August 23, 2010

I've been using bio oil for a few weeks now and it has improved my acne scarring. I only use it at night after cleansing (I don't use toner) and rub a few drops into my cheeks and problem areas in a circular motion until it's absorbed.

Very happy with the results, I'll recommend it for anyone with fair/sensitive skin prone to acne as 'oil dissolves oil'.

Reviewed on August 18, 2010

I used to get terrible breakouts all around my mouth, especially on my chin and so was left with some hideous red marks.

I put this on at night for a few weeks and already the redness has almost totally faded! Im delighted as its the 1st thing thats worked for me so far after trying Aloe, Vitamin E, agnus castus drops etc.

I would highly recommend. I was worried because I have oily skin already and thought this was going to be too heavy but im really happy. Everyones skin is different I suppose but deffo give it a try :-)

Reviewed on July 29, 2010

Would not recommend using on face as it caused more scars. Horrible product , regret using it

Reviewed on July 24, 2010

I can’t believe me, that after all of the years with very deep acne scars, I am getting back to something like baby face, my face is getting healthier day by day, even my wife noticed this thing, my acne scars is evening out really well, I just hope that it will help with deep acne scars, so I will keep using this Bio-Oil and keep my finger crossed.

Reviewed on July 8, 2010

worked ok as an all over treatment at first but not too well then i tried it as a spot treatment only. that worked pretty good but not as well as i hoped. so i bought vit e gel and used that as a spot treatment over bio oil which was all over my face that faded them fast like two days not completely gone but much better. use it with another scar treatment morning and night works better than anything else.

Reviewed on July 4, 2010

This product is really working for me. I have olive to medium brown skin, and light acne.. so when I get acne scars, I REALLY get acne scars...the trick is to get small drops on your fingers and then really rub it into your have to really rub in circles over your scar, until it has almost absorbed...if you do not rub it into your skin then you are just placing it onto the top layer, which actually doesnt do anything

What I do is first gently exfoliate the skin, rinse with cold water, and then aplly small amounts of bio oil onto my fingers. Then i gently rub in circles onto my skin (your skin should turn a little bit pink from the heat and circulation) and then just do that until it has all absorbed

if you leave some of the oil on your skin then yes, it will break you out. Just use a little and remember to RUB IT ALL IN!