Page 10 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 179 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 02/11/2016 10:10 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 02/11/2016 10:10 UTC

Reviewed on December 16, 2010

I have cycstic acne and have since I was young. My break outs are not as bad as they used to be but I have a lot of scaring especailly on a certain side of my face. A friend of mine told me to try it, it worked great for her but her acne is not as severe as mine. So far it has really helped with the redness of my blemishes, scarring looks a lot lighter and more even! It does make me break out once in awhile, only a pimple here and there. I would defenitly recommend it!

Reviewed on December 15, 2010

IT works, hopefully.

I have acne scars after the regimen and i only apply to my cheeks where there are acne scars because i dont want breakouts in other areas. i would like to share my way of application because i haven't seen other detailed ones on this site

1. wash your face with exfoliating wash

2. put a couple of drops (3-5) on your palm

3. Dab your other hand's fingers in it and apply to areas affected in a circular motion

4.Keep rubbing until almost all absorbed

remember it says keep using for at least Three months, this will be ideal to remove acne scars and uneven skin tone

Reviewed on November 20, 2010

I had a red mark on my face from cryosurgery so i was recommended bio oil from a pharmacist. At first I was skeptical but as I read reviews from it I decided to stick with it and apply it twice a day. After 2 weeks the redness on my face faded immensely, not only that but it also helped the scars on my arms. I recommend this product 100%

Reviewed on November 11, 2010

Before I used this I read ALL of the posts here. The poster who recommended 3-4 drops is right on when just doing the face, along with the poster who recommended that being sure it was absorbed into the skin.

My d├ęcolletage has a tendancy to be red from being outside over the summer. I've always had to use foundation to blend with my neck and face, which don't redden. I used 2 drops for this area and after a few days it has decreased significantly.

My acne tends to be more hormonal now, but when it kicks in, it REALLY kicks in and I want to hide.

The only thing I see that I'm doing different is the asprin mask/exfolliation 1x weekly. I also am using Biore daily wash before and the SPF 30 moisterizer after.

Haven't seen any healing with older scars, but I've only just started using this product 3 days ago. I will continue using and post an update if and when my husbands says something, and he will notice.

So far I am impressed with this product for the price and visible results in such a short time. Just remember, sometimes a little bit goes a LONG way.

Reviewed on November 10, 2010

I understand that everyones different, but my personal experience of this product was unforunatly not good. A few years ago my acne pretty much dissapeared, so i wanted my scars to go too. I only had a few but i just wanted my skin to be normal again. When i look back i was putting on quite a lot, mainly out of frustration. After about two weeks application i broke out really badly and have lots of scars now as a result. Ironic huh? So my advice is to just be very careful with this product, and that i definatly don't think it's suitable for acne scars.

Reviewed on October 15, 2010

The thing to remember is THIS DOES WORK! I have used so many products on the market and this one, by far, lives up to what it says it does. It not only WORKS on scars, but it also works on wrinkles as well. It is worth the money and I reccommend it to everyone.

Reviewed on October 1, 2010

I don't have bad acne at all but I tend to panic when I have clogged pores and pick at them, leaving nasty red marks and sometimes scabs. Recently I made a mess out of my face and out of panic I thought I would try bio oil. I went to Walmart and discovered they have their own brand for $11/120 mil (half the price of the real stuff). By the next morning the red spots were almost completely gone! From experience I know it usually takes at least a week for them to heal. So far it hasn't made any new blemishes, but you gotta remember all skin is different. Even though it is oil, its oil that can trap dirt in pores, not oil that causes the actually problem. Also some oils prevent blemishes on their own (ie tea tree oil) because they have anti bacterial properties that clean out the pores. All in all I would say its working for me, but you have to try it for youself!

Reviewed on August 28, 2010

I have been using bio-oil on my legs for a few months and it works very well on mosquito bite scars, injury scars, and other scars.

It really WORKS for these type of scars!! :)

I don't use this for my face, but I do hear that it causes breakouts.

This doesn't work that well for stretch marks that you already have because I have tried it for stretch marks on my legs-they're from teen growth spurts.

However, I heard that it works well if you don't have them, so use it to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy.

I recommend COCOA BUTTER for stretch marks.

For me, the small bottle is 14 dollars and the big bottle is 18, so the big bottle is worth the price!!!

Reviewed on August 23, 2010

I've been using bio oil for a few weeks now and it has improved my acne scarring. I only use it at night after cleansing (I don't use toner) and rub a few drops into my cheeks and problem areas in a circular motion until it's absorbed.

Very happy with the results, I'll recommend it for anyone with fair/sensitive skin prone to acne as 'oil dissolves oil'.

Reviewed on August 18, 2010

I used to get terrible breakouts all around my mouth, especially on my chin and so was left with some hideous red marks.

I put this on at night for a few weeks and already the redness has almost totally faded! Im delighted as its the 1st thing thats worked for me so far after trying Aloe, Vitamin E, agnus castus drops etc.

I would highly recommend. I was worried because I have oily skin already and thought this was going to be too heavy but im really happy. Everyones skin is different I suppose but deffo give it a try :-)