Page 10 of Bio-Oil Skincare Oil reviews

3.6/5 - 190 reviews

Brand: Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Skincare Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 23:27 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 10/15/2016 17:47 UTC

Reviewed on March 31, 2011

I got this product in a desperate last attempt to fade SI scars on my legs. It's only been about a month and I'm astounded to find that my scars have faded and smoothed out substantially, compared to how they looked before. I'm honestly excited to continue using it for the next few months, until I'm satisfied with the appearance of the scars. I'm overjoyed that this is in existance, and it seemed like a stroke of luck finding it at random in the store, after months of hoping and searching for a solution to my problem. I'm so happy! I may have made a mistake self-inflicting the scars in the first place, but I am glad that Bio-Oil exists to correct it. Highly recommended~

And luckily I received a 5 finger discount, if you know what I mean ;) Not that I endorse theft, but it cost $14.00 and I'm dirt broke! So glad I got this.

peggy, kingsland GA
Reviewed on March 17, 2011

I have only had it a couple weeks but LOVE IT I have dry cheeks and oily chin and break out constantly on chin and beside mouth. I was skeptical at first about putting it on the oily spots well cause its oil but when I woke up and the zits were pretty much gone I WAS AMAZED. And my skin looks great. Also I have very sensitive skin on my face almost every lotion burns when I put it on after a shower this stuff actually was soothing!

BRETT (Female), Flrodia
Reviewed on March 10, 2011

I was fortunate to grow up with no acne. However, I have uneven skin tone and was told that biooil would help even out my skin tone. When I started using it everything was fine, I loved the smell and liked the way my skin looked in the morning. After a while i started to break out on my checks and I didn't want to belive it was the oil. However, I normally do not break out...so after a month of use I an forced to belive it's the oil. I am upset now b/c not only am I breaking out by the oil, but now I have ance scar marks that i have to get rid of on my checks. No more biooil for me!!!!

Brianna, Canada
Reviewed on February 27, 2011

Keep in mind that I do have fairly dry skin, I do not know how it would affect oily/combination skin types. Although I have dry skin, I suffer from pretty bad breakouts on my chin, but this product even helped those!

I admit I was a bit weary before applying this, worrying that it might only worsen my breakouts. But nope! I am truly impressed.

Two thumbs waaaay up!

Reviewed on February 17, 2011

I just started using this Bio oil and its shown some improvements. I'm hoping that 1 week into this will work so that i can make a nice appearance to a Family trip by next Friday, but i have a strong feeling that this will work. I have look at many other reviews online and there all shown positive's. so i hope that you can try to use it.

It's basically simple to use and you just have to apply it on the face and body 2x's a day for 3 months for an excellent result.

Anonymous, TN
Reviewed on February 11, 2011

Well, first, it's cheap. Now 20 bucks may seems like a lot, but the bottle is so large that it can easily last a year. This is pure oil, so one drop is really all you need, maybe too. I use to have bad acne that as a teen with an immune disorder, turned into horribly discolored, depressed scars. All over my face. I used this for about four months when I was 16 and like it's name, they're no longer visible, and the depressed scars are less noticeable. It is oil though, and can break one out if you have severe acne. I don't have severe acne but it bad in that every pimple I do get, even if it's only once or twice a month turns into a cyst and scars, so that adds up. I recently bought another bottle 3 years later to use on the new scars I've accumulated.

Overall, I'd say it's great to use if you aren't prone to bad breakouts and just want to get rid of scars. After all, NO WHERE on the packaging or instructions does it say it's for the treatment of acne skin types.

Mimi, Texas
Reviewed on February 9, 2011

I love it! Recommend it to anyone who is having the same problem as me. I got my mom to use it and my sister is using it as well and they are seeing results. It smells good and easy to put on. My marks are barely noticeable from my boil marks and my cystic acne and it's only been about a week. I will keep on using it for the whole 3 months.

Reviewed on January 19, 2011

The directions DO SAY to use this product for a MINIMUM of three months straight. Two applications daily. I bought this around December of 2010 and I don't always apply TWICE. But I do use it fairy often.

I'd recommend this only for usage as a moisturizer.

Theresa, Columbus, OH
Reviewed on January 8, 2011

Good for dry skin but ineffective for the appearance of scar reduction. I'm always up for trying new products, and will continue. Eventually developers will discover a remedy for those of us who are suffering from the results of teenage acne.

Karen, Victoria, Canada
Reviewed on January 3, 2011

This was amazing for healing and taking away the burn scar on my leg. There is no sign of it at all. Great for wrinkles as well. Consistency is the key for sure and the price is great.