Page 10 of Bio-Oil reviews

3.8/5 - 162 reviews

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Reviewed on June 4, 2010

I had cystic acne in my early teens and just a couple years ago began to clear up, until the point where I was no longer breaking out and only had a few small red marks left that I could easily cover with makeup. I'd heard great things about this stuff and decided to try it and see if it could fade my marks.

I used it ONCE and my face is now covered in millions of tiny red bumps and scattered inflamed spots. Literally every pore is clogged up. It's an absolute nightmare and if I could I would rate this negative five stars. I don't understand how they're even allowed to sell something so awful. This junk is seriously just mineral oil with fragrance! Disgusting!

If you absolutely MUST try this product, please use it on a very small patch of your face and see what happens, as this was literally an overnight reaction. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and I'd give ANYTHING to un-use it.

Reviewed on May 25, 2010

Note that you can find some pure Vitamin E oil, instead of using Bio-Oil which contains some flagrance.

I had some nasty acne scars on my cheeks. However it seems like the oil just caused more breakouts, so it made things worse!

Instead, I then avoided any oily-lotion and used the "M2 Skin Refinisher" (ex Mama) lotion, with much success!

Reviewed on April 15, 2010

Perhaps I didn't use this religiously as I should have. Just found it so oily to use on a regular basis After reading these reviews, I would buy this again and start using on a regular basis.

I did use this on my face once to help with acne scaring and it didn't make me break out but I do have very dry skin. I more used this at night time as a moisturizer for my hands.

Reviewed on April 1, 2010

I bought this just after christmas this year, the first time i tried it on my face it broke out in spots quite badly. When I started using it again a month ago I did get a few spots at first, but since they went away I havn't had any more - I think my skins just got used to the oil.

After reading some reviews I expected to hardly notice any differences, but was really suprised at how fast this is working. I put it on every evening, and then at night again before I go to bed. Often I exfoliate first before putting it on, I think this makes a big difference.

Reviewed on March 24, 2010

I finally got rid of my acne after making drastic changes to my diet; no refined sugar, mostly organic, whole meal only, no dairy products with hormones (this was the biggest culprit) and increased my water intake (bought a water bottle with measure marks).

BUT, my years of acne left me with several scars, uneven skin tone and very, very dry skin especially on my forehead (it actually cracked!).

I heard about Bio Oil on the Today Show and the results have been sensational. I stopped using my Vitamin E cream to try it (the cream had started to help but I had hit a plateau phase). With Bio Oil, my skin is getting smoother and my skin tone has improved a great deal in a matter of days (perhaps it helps that I'm dark skinned to begin with). I plan on using it for the minimum 3 months recommended and will probably stick to it for a long time to come.

Reviewed on February 17, 2010

I used the entire bottle but it did not do anything for my scars or acne.

I also experimented on my body stretch marks and it did nothing.

It was gentle on my skin but just made it feel extra oily on my already extremely oily skin.

Good if you have dry or flaky skin.

Reviewed on February 1, 2010

I've always had extreme amounts of trouble finding a good facial moisturizer. Most moisturizers that I used in the past would feel like it just sat on the surface of my skin and sometimes even cause me to break out but Bio Oil has worked wonders for me. You only need to use VERY LITTLE OF IT.

I really think that people are having problems with Bio Oil because they're using way too much. To cover your face, you only need maybe 3-4 drops, that's it! Any more and you'll definitely feel oily all over.

Reviewed on January 26, 2010

i wouldn't reccommend buying bio oil if you want to remove acne scars and any spots, because it makes it even worse! I used it for a week and my face is now covered in horrible spots. Im just gunna use the rest for my body! Never putting it by my face again ):

Reviewed on January 16, 2010

I tried Jojoba oil after this one which I was more happy with. Now I'm using a cream called Egyptian Magic which has helped in just three days! I'll write a review on it when I've used it longer. :)

Reviewed on December 24, 2009

I bought this product because i had minor acne scars on my face, used it for about a month and a half, and at the beginning it did make my skin look nice and was an easy base for make up to be put on, about a month later my skin became horrendously congested! blackheads and little spots erupted all over my cheeks, and when i consulted a dermatologist she said it was because of the oil and that it was clogging my pores.

so bottom line, unless you have really dry skin, do not use this, maybe use it on any scars on your body, but definitely not for face!

try jojoba oil if you have dry skin on your face, works much better and is cheaper.