Overall rating: 3.7 / 5

Average price: $13.86

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 09/19/2013
thumbnail

Honestly, I was afraid this product would cause more acne for me but it hasn't. I see new scars healing really fast although I haven't noticed a huge improvement in old ones. It does sink into my skin relatively fast, and I use it as a moisturizer since it's so moisturizing I don't need my old one. Some people don't like the mineral oil, but I've done a lot of research on mineral oil and it's actually really good for scars and skin. Also, it has a comedogenic rating of like 0. If anything in Bio Oil is going to break you out, it's going to be Soybean Oil with a comedogenic rating of 3. Anyways, I haven't had any acne from the product and have noticed more even skin tone in general. Even if it doesn't work as a scar fading oil, it works great as a moisturizer..

Pros:
  • Moisturizing
  • Smells Good
  • Does not clog pores
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Can get greasy if you use too much
  • Mineral Oil (If you're allergic)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Member reviews

By on

I tried Jojoba oil after this one which I was more happy with. Now I'm using a cream called Egyptian Magic which has helped in just three days! I'll write a review on it when I've used it longer. :)

Pros

• Cheap, long-lasting.

Cons

• Greasy, made me break out even more, didn't really see any results, also made my skin dry.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 14
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought this product because i had minor acne scars on my face, used it for about a month and a half, and at the beginning it did make my skin look nice and was an easy base for make up to be put on, about a month later my skin became horrendously congested! blackheads and little spots erupted all over my cheeks, and when i consulted a dermatologist she said it was because of the oil and that it was clogging my pores.

so bottom line, unless you have really dry skin, do not use this, maybe use it on any scars on your body, but definitely not for face!

try jojoba oil if you have dry skin on your face, works much better and is cheaper.

Pros

• cheap, easy to get hold of, gave skin a nice dewy look

Cons

• very oily consistency,, makes your skin greasy
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 14
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

amazing

• $ 7

I KEEP ON BUYING IT AS LONG AS I LIVE. ON MY HANDS TOO

Pros

• ever since i used it no breakouts. clear skin and very smooth skin,wrinkles gone too. used it for 3 yrs. I'm 61 years old

Cons

• it'soily at first and soon absorbs. the dog likes to like it. is it piosonous.
  • moderately severe
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I think it's good as a moisturizer or on stretchmarks but I wouldn't recomend as a scar treatment whilst acne is a still a problem. It clog's pores and made my spots so much worse. I'm finishing off the bottle by using it on my hands and arms but I won't be buiyng it again.

Pros

• Lasts a long time, easy to get hold of, good as a moisturizer

Cons

• Takes a long time to work and increases the severity of acne due to how oily it is
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i initially purchased bio oil to rid the few acne scars i had. biggest mistake ever.. it caused even MORE acne! i went from having a small line of acne on my cheekbones, to full blown cystic acne all over both cheeks.. in places where i previously never even had a pimple.

once i stopped using it, the acne cysts lessened in a few weeks, but i am now stuck with red little scars all over both cheeks.

Pros

• it probably works better on body scars than facial scars

Cons

• caused acne cysts
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 13
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its good but should work faster on the skin. It has faded my acne scars but they are still there therefore still got to use make up! =|

Pros

• Smells great, good consistency, face feels soft after application, its affordable

Cons

• fades marks but takes AGES =|
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i have started using this oil from two weeks. my acne scars could not become light but i am continue to use and hope to get clear skin in the future

Pros

• i hope it will work

Cons

• easily available
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 12.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It didn't seem to help my stretch marks, (yet) but it did make my skin feel better. My skin would actually hurt sometimes, from my stretch marks or from my hands always being wet then drying them off then wetting them again with house work, and winter coming! I cut my finger to the bone about a month ago, and as soon as the wound closed, I started using bio oil on my hands and within 2 weeks you can barely see a scar! It's really amazing. If nothing else, use it on your hands and arms, it's so incredible!

Pros

• Works quickly for moisturizing, smells good, protects your skin, does make your skin look and feel healthier and younger! I seem to wash dishes 3x a day, my hands were a mess! With Bio Oil, they looked 10 years younger in a matter of days!!!

Cons

• It is oily, hence the name Bio Oil, but soaks in quickly!
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

You get what you pay for... it is cheap and nasty, I actually find a natural oil with no fillers, all 100% active ingredients. it is called Tamanu oil, lots of independent scientific research, not just a panel of a few people... I have not looked back since fro my acne, now I use it as my anti wrinkle cream, face moisturiser, on any cuts, wounds, bruising and great after sun exposure, plus it has a natural SPF of 16-22.

There is a real quality product that is well worth buying.

Pros

• cute little bottle and at first rather cheap.

Cons

• After investigation of the the formulation no wonder why it is cheap.
  • Cancer causing ingredient part of this product and the only skin healing properties ingredients are from flowers extracts or oils.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 9.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.