Bio-Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 166 reviews

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 12/20/2014 17:30 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 12/20/2014 17:30 UTC

Pregnancy & stretch marks
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

During my pregnancy I suffered a lot with stretch mark problems. I shared my problem with my sister she told me to use bio oil. But I was worried about the side effects of using this product. I went my gynecologist she also told me to use bio oil. I have applied bio oil for 2 times daily in the scars. She told me to use for 3 months. After 3 months the result got appeared. Bio oil contains vitamin E that will improve the elasticity of the body. I continued using bio oil after my pregnancy. Now I have a scar free look.

by Aliya Kapoor on 12/09/2014 08:03
Hi Arunima ... I am also facing the stretch marks problem... please tell me where can i buy this product for reasonable price?
by Arunima on 12/13/2014 04:48
I bought bio oil from [link removed] for a reasonable price. I will share you the link have a look https://www.[link removed]/bio-oil-60-ml
by Arunima on 12/13/2014 06:03
Aliya, I bought bio oil 60 ml pack from ClickOnCare for a reasonable price.
Acne getting worse before getting better?
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

I have mild adult acne which becomes worse in the fall. I was looking for a good moisturizing product that would not make me break out, and maybe even help my skin clear up.

I started using Bio-Oil a month ago. I had high hopes for this product and applied it religiously morning and nights, massaging my skin carefully.

My pimples did not get better at all! In fact, I started having many more zits, especially on my chin. I can feel the skin on my face and neck being rough and corse, and many small pimples starting to make their way to the surface!

Last night, I began to think that I would not wait the suggested 3 months period to see results.

I am very dissapointed as I loved the smell and texture of the oil, and massaging my skin with it felt wonderfull.

Maybe I should wait out the three months before giving up?

Maybe my skin has been so dried up and toughened by years of various acne products that it is taking longer to respond?

I don't know...

But unless I stard seeing progress soon, I am going to abandon Bio-Oil forever...

Works greatly with acne
Reviewed on November 18, 2014

I have oily skin and was suffering very badly from pimples and subsequent acne. Tried out many creams and face washes. At last bio oil is something which came to my rescue. Now my face is getting clear and I am really happy for this product. Found it online in pretty many sites like Flipkart, Amazon.in, Click on care, Nykaa etc. There are price differences also between them and found Clickoncare has a reasonable price. So got it from them. Now using bio oil for more than an year.

by Rohit Verma on 11/18/2014 17:13
What was the price you got for this please? Also, would this product be helpful incase of stretch marks during gyming.. Precisely during excessive weight loss.
by Aniyan on 11/21/2014 07:17
Rohit, I opted for the special Bio oil pack of 3 from Clickoncare and they have offered Rs 1248 for that which is really economical compared to the MRP. Yes, bio oil is an effective solution for stretch marks and regular use gives great results. thanks BIO-OIL!!!!!!!
"confidence boosting"
Reviewed on October 19, 2014

When I was 16 I suffered from really bad acne for around a year , I didn't really have a face care routine and I hardly ever removed my make up properly. My skin was just terrible due to my laziness. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me with Duac Gel which was really painful to use and it made my acne worse before it got better and the big boils under my skin started to fade. I then went out and bought all kinds of skin care to hydrate and look after my skin daily ; exfoliation techniques,toners and my skin felt and looked a million times better . It was healthy , I felt confident wearing less makeup , however the scars from my acne were really red and visible. I then bought Bio Oil after a friend recommended it, I felt with it being oil and having very natural oily skin anyway that this product would be a bad idea, taking a chance I began massaging a little oil onto the scars every night with a cotton bud , looking into the mirror in the morning the scars only looked more red and felt like boils were forming, I was thinking I was getting acne again and that I should have left the scars,they were no bother to cover anyway ,but boils again!!??, I was beginning to doubt the product. I then remembered back to when I used acne Duac Gel and how it got worse before it got good, so I increased the amount of oil I applied and started doing it twice a day,massaging gently all over my face as well as the scarring , sticking to a skin care routine of course because applying oil to unclean skin will only cause breakouts.

After about two weeks my skin felt lighter as well as looking clearer. I also noticed that the colour of the skin around my mouth and chin blended with rest of my face because before around that area was much more lighter than the colour of the rest of my face. Being someone that suffers with anxiety and who's confidence isn't very good , I use to never leave the house ,or even my room without applying make-up but being so impressed with the condition of my skin after using Bio Oil I've been able to go about my day in just a little mascara. My acne scars have disappeared and my skin tone is so much more even. I bought bio oil specifically for my acne scarring but it's effects on my skin has been so much more beneficial in areas other than scarring.

I saw my friend the day I bought the bio oil and I then saw her two weeks after that and she even said my skin looked far more healthy.

My advice to anyone would be, don't give up on a product, sometimes new is weird even for your skin it just needs time to get use to it. I understand people's skin types are different but if you're caring for your skin right and you know your skin then you are going to get the best results out of the products.

by aazkjx on 11/29/2014 07:56
Hi! You mentioned about a skin care routine. May I know the steps of your routine?
Awesome product!!
Reviewed on September 16, 2014

I bought bio-oil and have been using it for about three weeks. I love the results People have asked me if I have change something with my skin care and say my skin looks so good. I use it every day on my face as moisture. My skin is so soft and becoming more even toned. I used it on my hubby's red areas after he shaves and they are gone within a few hours. I love this product! And will buy it on a routine bases for sure. I just wish I bought it years ago!!

Reviewed on August 6, 2014

I had very light spots on my upper lip. And being a woman of color, that's really irritating. I started using bio oil on my lip and noticed a complete change. The bright spots have completely disappeared :-). Now I'm using bio oil for my stretch marks. I beleive it will work wonders in this area also. Try it for yoursrlf and see :-)

Miracle
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

I can't believe I'm seeing so many bad reviews on this product since it has completely changed the appearance of my skin.

Before starting to use Bio Oil, I had acne all over my face. My face was always extremely red, irritated and oily.

The first time I applied this product, I wasn't impressed at all. I woke up with two cystic pimples on my cheeks. I don't know why I decided to continue using Bio Oil, but I'm glad I did. My skin is looking better than it has in many years. My skin tone is even, I wake up to beautiful glowing skin every morning, I don't get oily anymore, my pores have shrunken, my acne scars have faded, and I have not broken out in a very long time. I'm 100% sure that all of these positive changes are because of Bio Oil and I feel obligated to share this with all of you, since I know the struggle of dealing with acne.

I wash my face every night with a very mild cleanser, then I tone with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, and then I moisturize my face with Bio Oil. This skin regimen is working extremely well for me and I'm thrilled with the results.

every day facial use
Reviewed on July 24, 2014

This oil is honestly what I use as my daily moisturizer. I love it, I dont break out but I do have scars from when I would break out... my scars are lighting up & im suddenly getting compliments on my glowing skin. I would recommend this product to anyone trying to get rid of scars. You just have to know how to use the product & let it work its magic.

The best. I use it everyday.
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

Been using this for about a year now on my face. I use it as a moisturizer everyday. It does take a while to absorb so it leaves my face looking a bit "wet" temporarily.

Every other moisturizer I've tried leaves a gunky residue on my skin and does not help at all with my dry/flaky skin.

Bio-Oil works so well on my dry/flaky skin and counters it completely. Also helps heal red marks left from acne and heal irritated red blotchy skin caused by dryness.

Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a daily moisturizer to counter their dry skin. A full bottle last for months too because you only need a small amount.

awful
Reviewed on June 15, 2014

I used bio oil for a good year and a half (for my scar) and saw no improvement what so ever. It also takes forever to absorb and it smells like my grandmothers house. I would not recommend.

by Rohit Verma on 11/18/2014 17:26
haa haa.. I was almost convinced with the product till i scrolled down and read your "Awful" experience with the product