Bio-Oil reviews

3.8/5 - 162 reviews

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Awesome product!!
Reviewed on September 16, 2014

I bought bio-oil and have been using it for about three weeks. I love the results People have asked me if I have change something with my skin care and say my skin looks so good. I use it every day on my face as moisture. My skin is so soft and becoming more even toned. I used it on my hubby's red areas after he shaves and they are gone within a few hours. I love this product! And will buy it on a routine bases for sure. I just wish I bought it years ago!!

Reviewed on August 6, 2014

I had very light spots on my upper lip. And being a woman of color, that's really irritating. I started using bio oil on my lip and noticed a complete change. The bright spots have completely disappeared :-). Now I'm using bio oil for my stretch marks. I beleive it will work wonders in this area also. Try it for yoursrlf and see :-)

Miracle
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

I can't believe I'm seeing so many bad reviews on this product since it has completely changed the appearance of my skin.

Before starting to use Bio Oil, I had acne all over my face. My face was always extremely red, irritated and oily.

The first time I applied this product, I wasn't impressed at all. I woke up with two cystic pimples on my cheeks. I don't know why I decided to continue using Bio Oil, but I'm glad I did. My skin is looking better than it has in many years. My skin tone is even, I wake up to beautiful glowing skin every morning, I don't get oily anymore, my pores have shrunken, my acne scars have faded, and I have not broken out in a very long time. I'm 100% sure that all of these positive changes are because of Bio Oil and I feel obligated to share this with all of you, since I know the struggle of dealing with acne.

I wash my face every night with a very mild cleanser, then I tone with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water, and then I moisturize my face with Bio Oil. This skin regimen is working extremely well for me and I'm thrilled with the results.

every day facial use
Reviewed on July 24, 2014

This oil is honestly what I use as my daily moisturizer. I love it, I dont break out but I do have scars from when I would break out... my scars are lighting up & im suddenly getting compliments on my glowing skin. I would recommend this product to anyone trying to get rid of scars. You just have to know how to use the product & let it work its magic.

The best. I use it everyday.
Reviewed on July 17, 2014

Been using this for about a year now on my face. I use it as a moisturizer everyday. It does take a while to absorb so it leaves my face looking a bit "wet" temporarily.

Every other moisturizer I've tried leaves a gunky residue on my skin and does not help at all with my dry/flaky skin.

Bio-Oil works so well on my dry/flaky skin and counters it completely. Also helps heal red marks left from acne and heal irritated red blotchy skin caused by dryness.

Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a daily moisturizer to counter their dry skin. A full bottle last for months too because you only need a small amount.

awful
Reviewed on June 15, 2014

I used bio oil for a good year and a half (for my scar) and saw no improvement what so ever. It also takes forever to absorb and it smells like my grandmothers house. I would not recommend.

every other day facial use
Reviewed on June 12, 2014

Like everyone else, this product is great for bodily remedies, such as lightening or clearing body scars, however it works differently for facial use. I've been using this product for years and it's best to only use this as a facial moisturizer every three days, or four for sensitive skins. And before you apply it, damp your skin with water, then apply the oil lightly(maybe a drop or two).

Great on body scars, not sure about face
Reviewed on May 27, 2014

I have been using this product for about 3 weeks, twice a day on my back acne and i have to say that i have seen improvement. They have become softer and lighter. But on my face acne i used it for a week but started breaking out, im not sure if it was because of stress/tiredness(finlas, work, internship) or the oil. But i do recommend this product. Really worked on my back and arms.

Broke me out
Reviewed on February 9, 2014

It did seem to help my acne scars, even my skin tone, and make my skin glow...BUT it broke me out all over my forehead. For me it helped with scars, but also caused pimples that eventually did scar. It contains a highly comedogenic ingredient (isopropyl myristate) and is known to be very likely to clog pores.

There are better products
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I would not use this product on my face for acne scarring as there are better treatments out there. This tends to block the pores ad break the face out. Probably more ideal for stretch marks etc. Would rather use rosehip or tea tree or emu oil.