Bio-Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 171 reviews
Bio-Oil

Botanicals, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil), Vitamins, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oil base, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycine Soja Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, BHT
Bisabolol, Fragrance (Rose), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool
Color (Orange), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100).

Bio-Oil Scar Treatment, 4 fl oz
updated: 03/31/2015 17:57 UTC
Bio-oil 4.2oz
updated: 03/31/2015 17:57 UTC

Not that good at all
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

I used it on small scar caused by rubbing rash….it was hopeless didn't work at all….used it solidly for a month to 6 weeks

Breakout
Reviewed on February 26, 2015

I start using the bio oil I loved it. I use it for about 2 weeks but the third week i I break out my face dried up and pealing little roughness here and there. Am asking for help right now on what can I do to bring back my smooth face. Thanks for the help

by joyMNC on 03/26/2015 16:30
try argan oil or maracuja oil
Dubious but it amazed me
Reviewed on February 13, 2015

I suffer from both acne (not so bad now but flare ups from time to time and still have extremely sensitive skin) and very dry skin which gets towards flaky in the winter months.

Having such sensitive skin I find that oil-moisturizers make me break out and the non-oil ones, although better than nothing, seem to be instantly absorbed into my skin leaving it still feeling dry.

A friend recommended bio-oil and I was dubious; "Oil? On my skin? Really??"

However, I was also desperate and so I tried it. I started off at first on the T-Zone as I didn't want to stray into my more spot prone areas until I saw how the rest of my skin reacted. After one use my skin was already feeling better. It felt fresher, the dryness was massively reduced and when I woke up in the morning (having put it on the night before) I just felt more fresh faced. Because it was improving the dryness and smoothness of the skin it also meant my make up went on and stayed on better!

After a couple of weeks with no reaction to it I expanded onto my chin and the rest of my face. Although I don't think it is a 'spot eradicator' as I do still get them the spots I have gotten since using this are less aggressive in nature and the skin feels more balanced.

I would definitely recommend it if you suffer from dry skin and are scared of aggravating your acne. I forgot to put it on one night and when I woke up my face was almost as dry as it had been before I started using it! This is definitely an addition to my skin care routine for life.

AWESOME
Reviewed on January 12, 2015

Can't believe the bad reviews...this product is great..i had troubles with uneven skin tone and started using 3 weeks ago..i'm seeing amazing results...first product that actually helps me with my uneven skin tone troubles. my skin is getting better and i know by the time i finish this bottle i will be glowing....

Doesnt seem to be effective?
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

So Ive been applying bio oil for about a few months every night on a burn scar I have. Im seeing no improvements whatsoever. It happened from the exhaust pipe of a motorbike (ouch) and the scar is about the size of half my palm which I think is pretty noticeable. I lost the layer of skin and about a year later its now a lighter skin tone. Ive been extremely self conscious of it and have been well aware of everyone looking at it. It does look pretty bad though but I dont feel pain or anything.Maybe it needs more time but Im not very sure :/ nearly have given up on the product. anyone using bio oil on scars also not have improvements?

if anyone could recommend anything for burn scars to 'fade' or lessen that would be greatly appreciated! :)

by slavina1990 on 01/29/2015 02:26
You can try aloevera
by pishwir on 03/27/2015 23:41
ok i have a small burn scar on my face and ive seen a dermatologist... he said : put kojivit cream on area twice a day, and acne uv sunscreen three times a day. never ever rub the scar. so since i cant find kojivit cream im using bio oil.. been using it for about a week now and im not having any expectations to be honest. you only have to keep the skin clean whenever you can and protect it from the sun, along with applying a skin regenerating product such as kojivit cream. good luck
Pregnancy & stretch marks
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

During my pregnancy I suffered a lot with stretch mark problems. I shared my problem with my sister she told me to use bio oil. But I was worried about the side effects of using this product. I went my gynecologist she also told me to use bio oil. I have applied bio oil for 2 times daily in the scars. She told me to use for 3 months. After 3 months the result got appeared. Bio oil contains vitamin E that will improve the elasticity of the body. I continued using bio oil after my pregnancy. Now I have a scar free look.

by Aliya Kapoor on 12/09/2014 08:03
Hi Arunima ... I am also facing the stretch marks problem... please tell me where can i buy this product for reasonable price?
by Arunima on 12/13/2014 04:48
I bought bio oil from [link removed] for a reasonable price. I will share you the link have a look https://www.[link removed]/bio-oil-60-ml
by Arunima on 12/13/2014 06:03
Aliya, I bought bio oil 60 ml pack from ClickOnCare for a reasonable price.
Acne getting worse before getting better?
Reviewed on December 8, 2014

I have mild adult acne which becomes worse in the fall. I was looking for a good moisturizing product that would not make me break out, and maybe even help my skin clear up.

I started using Bio-Oil a month ago. I had high hopes for this product and applied it religiously morning and nights, massaging my skin carefully.

My pimples did not get better at all! In fact, I started having many more zits, especially on my chin. I can feel the skin on my face and neck being rough and corse, and many small pimples starting to make their way to the surface!

Last night, I began to think that I would not wait the suggested 3 months period to see results.

I am very dissapointed as I loved the smell and texture of the oil, and massaging my skin with it felt wonderfull.

Maybe I should wait out the three months before giving up?

Maybe my skin has been so dried up and toughened by years of various acne products that it is taking longer to respond?

I don't know...

But unless I stard seeing progress soon, I am going to abandon Bio-Oil forever...

by Camilla09 on 01/08/2015 11:56
I too had mild acne and started using bio oil, the results were that it got worse so I had to stop using it. My acne is all gone now and the products that really helped me were tea tree and witch hazel cream. I use bio oil and think it's great but not on acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
by Destiny2020 on 01/12/2015 15:15
Bio oil doesnt help pimples or acne...its really for the dark spots that those cause..you could have used another product for your acne and the bio oil for the spots that the acne leaves..
by sarikadalvi on 01/25/2015 00:27
I had bad acne so i m using exposed acne treatment it is really helping me , i m only clear , but my marks are still there , i will try bio oil for acne marks let see if it help
Works greatly with acne
Reviewed on November 18, 2014

I have oily skin and was suffering very badly from pimples and subsequent acne. Tried out many creams and face washes. At last bio oil is something which came to my rescue. Now my face is getting clear and I am really happy for this product. Found it online in pretty many sites like Flipkart, Amazon.in, Click on care, Nykaa etc. There are price differences also between them and found Clickoncare has a reasonable price. So got it from them. Now using bio oil for more than an year.

by Rohit Verma on 11/18/2014 17:13
What was the price you got for this please? Also, would this product be helpful incase of stretch marks during gyming.. Precisely during excessive weight loss.
by Aniyan on 11/21/2014 07:17
Rohit, I opted for the special Bio oil pack of 3 from Clickoncare and they have offered Rs 1248 for that which is really economical compared to the MRP. Yes, bio oil is an effective solution for stretch marks and regular use gives great results. thanks BIO-OIL!!!!!!!
by Iloveyourbedtoo on 01/03/2015 13:10
I didn't know bio oil was a good breakthrough for acne. I find that since bio oil is quite oily, it could make it worse? Also how long does it take for your face to clear up? Thanks!
"confidence boosting"
Reviewed on October 19, 2014

When I was 16 I suffered from really bad acne for around a year , I didn't really have a face care routine and I hardly ever removed my make up properly. My skin was just terrible due to my laziness. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me with Duac Gel which was really painful to use and it made my acne worse before it got better and the big boils under my skin started to fade. I then went out and bought all kinds of skin care to hydrate and look after my skin daily ; exfoliation techniques,toners and my skin felt and looked a million times better . It was healthy , I felt confident wearing less makeup , however the scars from my acne were really red and visible. I then bought Bio Oil after a friend recommended it, I felt with it being oil and having very natural oily skin anyway that this product would be a bad idea, taking a chance I began massaging a little oil onto the scars every night with a cotton bud , looking into the mirror in the morning the scars only looked more red and felt like boils were forming, I was thinking I was getting acne again and that I should have left the scars,they were no bother to cover anyway ,but boils again!!??, I was beginning to doubt the product. I then remembered back to when I used acne Duac Gel and how it got worse before it got good, so I increased the amount of oil I applied and started doing it twice a day,massaging gently all over my face as well as the scarring , sticking to a skin care routine of course because applying oil to unclean skin will only cause breakouts.

After about two weeks my skin felt lighter as well as looking clearer. I also noticed that the colour of the skin around my mouth and chin blended with rest of my face because before around that area was much more lighter than the colour of the rest of my face. Being someone that suffers with anxiety and who's confidence isn't very good , I use to never leave the house ,or even my room without applying make-up but being so impressed with the condition of my skin after using Bio Oil I've been able to go about my day in just a little mascara. My acne scars have disappeared and my skin tone is so much more even. I bought bio oil specifically for my acne scarring but it's effects on my skin has been so much more beneficial in areas other than scarring.

I saw my friend the day I bought the bio oil and I then saw her two weeks after that and she even said my skin looked far more healthy.

My advice to anyone would be, don't give up on a product, sometimes new is weird even for your skin it just needs time to get use to it. I understand people's skin types are different but if you're caring for your skin right and you know your skin then you are going to get the best results out of the products.

by aazkjx on 11/29/2014 07:56
Hi! You mentioned about a skin care routine. May I know the steps of your routine?
Awesome product!!
Reviewed on September 16, 2014

I bought bio-oil and have been using it for about three weeks. I love the results People have asked me if I have change something with my skin care and say my skin looks so good. I use it every day on my face as moisture. My skin is so soft and becoming more even toned. I used it on my hubby's red areas after he shaves and they are gone within a few hours. I love this product! And will buy it on a routine bases for sure. I just wish I bought it years ago!!