I used Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% from Perrigo on my face for a couple of months now. At first, it dried out my skin and caused it to peel, but then I applied moisturizer after I let the Benzoyl Peroxide dry on my face, therefore making it less dry. After about 1 week of use, the peeling stopped and my face wasn't as dry before. Now my acne has reduced and only small tiny ones remain on me. Not only that, some of my acne scars and blackheads have faded too.
So basically, the flaws are...
Dry skin ~ Just apply moisturizer on your face
Easily sunburned ~ When you go outside in the sun for longer than a short period of time, put on oil-free sunblock
For me, these are the steps I use for BP:
1. At night, before going to bed, wash your hands with soap to remove dirt and bacteria.
2. Then wet your face with lukewarm water.
3. Use a cleanser/scrub and gently rub it around your face.
4. Rinse off cleanser with lukewarm water.
5. Pat face dry with a clean towel.
6. Apply Benzoyl Peroxide all around face, except for your lips and under the eyes for it can cause you to gain future wrinkles. (Just about a dime sized amount)
7. Wait for it to dry.
8. Wash hands.
9. Once dry, apply moisturizer to face and chapstick to lips.
10. Your done. :)