Page 5 of Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 190 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Reviewed on February 17, 2010

Benzoyl Peroxide may well be a good acne fighter but it is primitive and very harsh on the skin for majority of people like myself.

For the ones that can tolerate BP can call themselves lucky, but for me, my sister, and 3 friends that have tried to make BP work all had horrible experiences. My face still feels raw and red. There are other products that control acne well and have less side effects and I will try those. With BP, side effects like stinging, irritation, redness are almost guaranteed!

Reviewed on February 9, 2010

BP (Benzoyl Peroxide)= Bad Product

If u use this u must b really really desperate XD (I must have been one of them). When u think about it; it sounds harsh. This can give u cancer- Mainly skin cancer, and also it kills both good and bad bacteria. So your body goes crazy making bacteria making for a out break of zits. It can also cause inflamation and drying within the skin. This usually happens if you have sensative skin. It causes aging within the skin and makes it thinner. This is going into your blood stream people. Its not even worth it to me. I now dnt use anything with harsh chemicals. EX- BENZOYL PEROXIDE, salicylic acid, sulfurs. Thats the main. Im throwing out oils, alcohols and thats pretty much it. I am now just sticking with natural products that r just as good with no side effects. I use for now noxzema original and yogurt. Believe it or not it has made me pretty much acne free XD. My acne was nvr bad or noticable until I used benzoyl peroxide and other harsh chemicals. I have orderd this line called lerosett. It is 100% natural and should give great results. I rlly should not b looking for anything seeming I have light acne (pretty much very light), but I am trying to get totally clear like I used 2.

Reviewed on December 22, 2009

Not sure what to do. Is it true that your acne is supposed to get worse before it gets better? And all this redness and burning can't be good for the skin. It is also difficult to cover all over redness with makeup especially if you have scars that get darker with irritation. Not sure if this is worth continuing if redness doesn't subside, but definitely not worth it if acne doesn't go away. Anyone out there tried accutane? Is it as scary as it sounds?

Reviewed on December 20, 2009

I bought Pan Oxyl face wash with Benzol Peroxide and used it for 3 days.... my face became SO unbelievably dry that I couldn't wear make up and had to end up using a very thick greasy moisturizer to try to get rid of the dryness. 2 weeks later and my face is still horribly dry. Although this product did seem to help with some of my acne it definitely wasn't worth using it as it destroyed my face! If you are prone to dry skin even a little bit, DONT use this product!

Reviewed on December 3, 2009

I just started this last night. I'll continue to update as I go along. I bought the BP before I read the regimen and I got the 10% stuff. We'll see how that goes. So far, my face feels stiff even with the lotion but it feels super clean and almost like it's "breathing". My lips are dry and peeling a little this morning. I've used stuff like this before and I remember that after about a three days my skin was peeling so bad I had to stop. I didn't use a lotion afterward though, so hopefully this has a different outcome. After two applications (last night and this morning) I have noticed that the red spots on my chin have cleared up on one side. On the other side I've seen a reduction in size to the existing pimples. Wish me luck for the next days ahead.

Reviewed on November 26, 2009

I've used just about everything and Benzoyl Peroxide is the only thing to be successful. I use the Acne.org Regimen and it works great. My face dried out for the first couple of days but with moisturizer it was fine. The dryness went away after a couple of days but my face still gets a little red. To reduce the redness I'll take a Licorice Root supplement and also do a Jojoba Oil massage before I cleanse at night.

Reviewed on November 23, 2009

ask your doctor about it...im 16 and the acne i had around my chin and mouth area and this really has made it much better...if u specify to your farmicist that u want the "generic" brand, then it will only cost you about 10 bucks... Certainly worth a try...now i just need to see about geting my red blemished skin back to its original skin tone

Reviewed on October 24, 2009

I can see how this poroduct would work for a lot of people but the side effects of it were too harsh for my skin. I used a thin layer for a couple of nights and my face was so red and dry it looked worse than before I used it. It did dry up my spots but it dried my skin so much that my skin would "drink" my moisturizer and still look as bad. Because it made my skin so red I stopped using it after about a week so didn't wait to see if my skin could tolerate it over time.

I would still recommend it because if your skin can tolerate it better, it does work on acne and you would probably see very good results!

Reviewed on October 16, 2009

This stuff works and works well, however you'll need to use a mosituriser to prevent your skin from drying out and flaking.

Reviewed on October 14, 2009

i tried so many products orally and topically, nothing worked that best for me, i took clindamycin,differin, retin, A, antibiotics for many months, spiranolactone many months and even birth control pills for 5 months, but no use, well its right that my acne went away with tha use use of antibiotics, spiranolactone, and my skin got so beautiful and glowing with the use of pills but my acne came back, and u know there r alot or side effects using these things, so finally benzol peroxide(any brand) is working &im not worrid about using it for a long period cz it has no dangerous side effects, i HIGHLY HIGHLY recomend it