Page 5 of Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 197 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Reviewed on November 24, 2010

Ok, so..

I used something called Basiron (swedish brand) AC 10%, this is the "strongest one".

I would say for all of you,

buy the least strong one, you don't want to expose your skin to unnecessary harsh conditions.

A model gave me this tip,

use a VERY thick layer and put it where it is the most needed only! Wait for it to dry, wash it off, then repeat but the second time don't wash it off! Put a towel on your pillow (to avoid bleaching) and sleep with it on your face!

Do this max.. 3 days in a row because it will even after the first day feel like your face has tightened up! I used to do this (when my acne was at its worst) about once a month, like a rehab treatment hah!

Now from time to time I use it on my smaller pimples or when I get hormonalbreakouts or one huge zit somewhere very exposed...

When you start to use this MOISTURIZE. Dont care if oilfree or with oils WHATEVER.

Just use something on your faces people!! Even if you at the beginning do not even see flaking, this still dries your skin out from the inside..

I do recommend this stuff because it is cheap and it works if you know your skin.

If you have real acne then do not use this because it is too strong, Dermalogica are expensive but I swear by their every product. They changed my life. Just invest in one product and you will see and feel a difference..

Good luck, and remember that acne is nothing to be embarrassed about! Many ppl go through this so you are not alone!!!

Reviewed on October 25, 2010

wen i use dis for 4 wks all my ancne are gone but it left redspots on my face. err!!

by lakshay397 on 08/26/2014 12:24
hw can these red spots gets clear?
Reviewed on September 14, 2010

I used this before my acne got worse, it did clear my skin greatly. Now I use Clindamyncin with benzoyl which I find works even better but you do need a prescription. But overall I find this works just as good. As for me a prescription is free. But I do recommend this product to everyone who wants quick healing of acne. And that cannot get a presciption. This would be the best store bought product for acne healing!

Reviewed on April 23, 2010

I think for those with complicated lesions, inflammated, difficult to deal with I would recommend that. But what worries me a little is the "Peroxide" in the formula. We all know that Hydrogen Peroxide generate free radicals and seems to be the case in BP, meaning premature aging.

So I think if you manage to control your acne, then you should consider using Tea Tree Oil and Salicylic Acid (SA) on the spot. SA works wonderful reducing inflammation and avoiding the red big bump we all hate. tea tree oil kill bacteria.

Reviewed on April 6, 2010

i'm willing to take 2 pros over all those cons. use mousturizer and take care of your skin and this will work wonders. all the tiny pimples i had that would irritate me so much all dissapeared after just 2 uses.

this has helped me so much,

i've been using it for 1 week and 4 days along with tretenoin, but i'm almost out only because i've used this product before and there was only a little left when i started again

i'm not sure how much it cost, but a little goes a long way.

i'm purchasing more very soon because the day i ran out, 2 new pimples emerged. i guess that proves that bp prevents my pimples

from moderate acne to light acne

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

I should have researched the side effects before trying benzoyl peroxide. I have religiously followed my dermatologist recommendations and have been using benzoyl peroxide for five years. I didn't know that benzoyl peroxide caused premature aging. I found that out only a week ago. Since then, I stopped using benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide 10% does help my cystic acne, but it doesn't eliminate it. I am currently clear, but that is because of SPIRONOLACTONE. Acne needs to be cured from the inside. Benzoyl peroxide does help when you have active acne, but use it cautiously. Although I am acne free, my skin has a lot of deep acne scars. I have to find a way to reduce my scarring and to make my skin look fresh, because with all these years of using benzoyl peroxide my skin looks aged, but only after a week of non-bp my skin fresher.

My point is bp does help, but it's never going to eliminate your acne..... so find something that will work for you internally. My solution was Spiro.

Reviewed on March 15, 2010

i will never buy anything over-the-counter again.

Reviewed on February 17, 2010

Benzoyl Peroxide may well be a good acne fighter but it is primitive and very harsh on the skin for majority of people like myself.

For the ones that can tolerate BP can call themselves lucky, but for me, my sister, and 3 friends that have tried to make BP work all had horrible experiences. My face still feels raw and red. There are other products that control acne well and have less side effects and I will try those. With BP, side effects like stinging, irritation, redness are almost guaranteed!

Reviewed on February 9, 2010

BP (Benzoyl Peroxide)= Bad Product

If u use this u must b really really desperate XD (I must have been one of them). When u think about it; it sounds harsh. This can give u cancer- Mainly skin cancer, and also it kills both good and bad bacteria. So your body goes crazy making bacteria making for a out break of zits. It can also cause inflamation and drying within the skin. This usually happens if you have sensative skin. It causes aging within the skin and makes it thinner. This is going into your blood stream people. Its not even worth it to me. I now dnt use anything with harsh chemicals. EX- BENZOYL PEROXIDE, salicylic acid, sulfurs. Thats the main. Im throwing out oils, alcohols and thats pretty much it. I am now just sticking with natural products that r just as good with no side effects. I use for now noxzema original and yogurt. Believe it or not it has made me pretty much acne free XD. My acne was nvr bad or noticable until I used benzoyl peroxide and other harsh chemicals. I have orderd this line called lerosett. It is 100% natural and should give great results. I rlly should not b looking for anything seeming I have light acne (pretty much very light), but I am trying to get totally clear like I used 2.

Reviewed on December 22, 2009

Not sure what to do. Is it true that your acne is supposed to get worse before it gets better? And all this redness and burning can't be good for the skin. It is also difficult to cover all over redness with makeup especially if you have scars that get darker with irritation. Not sure if this is worth continuing if redness doesn't subside, but definitely not worth it if acne doesn't go away. Anyone out there tried accutane? Is it as scary as it sounds?