Page 5 of Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 193 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Reviewed on April 6, 2010

i'm willing to take 2 pros over all those cons. use mousturizer and take care of your skin and this will work wonders. all the tiny pimples i had that would irritate me so much all dissapeared after just 2 uses.

this has helped me so much,

i've been using it for 1 week and 4 days along with tretenoin, but i'm almost out only because i've used this product before and there was only a little left when i started again

i'm not sure how much it cost, but a little goes a long way.

i'm purchasing more very soon because the day i ran out, 2 new pimples emerged. i guess that proves that bp prevents my pimples

from moderate acne to light acne

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

I should have researched the side effects before trying benzoyl peroxide. I have religiously followed my dermatologist recommendations and have been using benzoyl peroxide for five years. I didn't know that benzoyl peroxide caused premature aging. I found that out only a week ago. Since then, I stopped using benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide 10% does help my cystic acne, but it doesn't eliminate it. I am currently clear, but that is because of SPIRONOLACTONE. Acne needs to be cured from the inside. Benzoyl peroxide does help when you have active acne, but use it cautiously. Although I am acne free, my skin has a lot of deep acne scars. I have to find a way to reduce my scarring and to make my skin look fresh, because with all these years of using benzoyl peroxide my skin looks aged, but only after a week of non-bp my skin fresher.

My point is bp does help, but it's never going to eliminate your acne..... so find something that will work for you internally. My solution was Spiro.

Reviewed on March 15, 2010

i will never buy anything over-the-counter again.

Reviewed on February 17, 2010

Benzoyl Peroxide may well be a good acne fighter but it is primitive and very harsh on the skin for majority of people like myself.

For the ones that can tolerate BP can call themselves lucky, but for me, my sister, and 3 friends that have tried to make BP work all had horrible experiences. My face still feels raw and red. There are other products that control acne well and have less side effects and I will try those. With BP, side effects like stinging, irritation, redness are almost guaranteed!

Reviewed on February 9, 2010

BP (Benzoyl Peroxide)= Bad Product

If u use this u must b really really desperate XD (I must have been one of them). When u think about it; it sounds harsh. This can give u cancer- Mainly skin cancer, and also it kills both good and bad bacteria. So your body goes crazy making bacteria making for a out break of zits. It can also cause inflamation and drying within the skin. This usually happens if you have sensative skin. It causes aging within the skin and makes it thinner. This is going into your blood stream people. Its not even worth it to me. I now dnt use anything with harsh chemicals. EX- BENZOYL PEROXIDE, salicylic acid, sulfurs. Thats the main. Im throwing out oils, alcohols and thats pretty much it. I am now just sticking with natural products that r just as good with no side effects. I use for now noxzema original and yogurt. Believe it or not it has made me pretty much acne free XD. My acne was nvr bad or noticable until I used benzoyl peroxide and other harsh chemicals. I have orderd this line called lerosett. It is 100% natural and should give great results. I rlly should not b looking for anything seeming I have light acne (pretty much very light), but I am trying to get totally clear like I used 2.

Reviewed on December 22, 2009

Not sure what to do. Is it true that your acne is supposed to get worse before it gets better? And all this redness and burning can't be good for the skin. It is also difficult to cover all over redness with makeup especially if you have scars that get darker with irritation. Not sure if this is worth continuing if redness doesn't subside, but definitely not worth it if acne doesn't go away. Anyone out there tried accutane? Is it as scary as it sounds?

Reviewed on December 20, 2009

I bought Pan Oxyl face wash with Benzol Peroxide and used it for 3 days.... my face became SO unbelievably dry that I couldn't wear make up and had to end up using a very thick greasy moisturizer to try to get rid of the dryness. 2 weeks later and my face is still horribly dry. Although this product did seem to help with some of my acne it definitely wasn't worth using it as it destroyed my face! If you are prone to dry skin even a little bit, DONT use this product!

Reviewed on December 3, 2009

I just started this last night. I'll continue to update as I go along. I bought the BP before I read the regimen and I got the 10% stuff. We'll see how that goes. So far, my face feels stiff even with the lotion but it feels super clean and almost like it's "breathing". My lips are dry and peeling a little this morning. I've used stuff like this before and I remember that after about a three days my skin was peeling so bad I had to stop. I didn't use a lotion afterward though, so hopefully this has a different outcome. After two applications (last night and this morning) I have noticed that the red spots on my chin have cleared up on one side. On the other side I've seen a reduction in size to the existing pimples. Wish me luck for the next days ahead.

Reviewed on November 26, 2009

I've used just about everything and Benzoyl Peroxide is the only thing to be successful. I use the Acne.org Regimen and it works great. My face dried out for the first couple of days but with moisturizer it was fine. The dryness went away after a couple of days but my face still gets a little red. To reduce the redness I'll take a Licorice Root supplement and also do a Jojoba Oil massage before I cleanse at night.

Reviewed on November 23, 2009

ask your doctor about it...im 16 and the acne i had around my chin and mouth area and this really has made it much better...if u specify to your farmicist that u want the "generic" brand, then it will only cost you about 10 bucks... Certainly worth a try...now i just need to see about geting my red blemished skin back to its original skin tone