Page 4 of Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 190 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Reviewed on December 31, 2010

I got acneside 5% last week as recommended by my aunt who is a GP. I noticed the effects from day 1 and was v impressed.

This is definitely the best topical ointment I have used for acne, being much more effective at spot drying and skin clearing than salicylic acid or tea-tree oil based products.

However, after a week I am a little disappointed that I am still getting spots although the BP is great at clearing them up quickly.

I am going to stick with it along with trying to eat healthier as being having too much chocolate over Xmas may also be causing breakouts.

So yeah, BP is great but it is a response rather than a solution to acne and so must be combined with some preventative measure.

Reviewed on December 2, 2010

YOU MUST GET SOMETHING WITH THIS IN IT. Only 2.5% please!

I saw the BIG improvement the very first night. Now, proud to say, my skin has been its clearest in 6 years! I don't even recognize my skin anymore. This is amazing. The drying is SO worth it. Plus, the peeling sort of gets rid of my acne scars. :]

Reviewed on November 25, 2010

Okay, look guys... if you use 10% BP on your face, it's going to burn your skin. You don't need anything stronger than 2.5%, and you only need to apply it once or twice a day. Don't go crazy with it. BP is the only thing that helps my stubborn acne. It hasn't cleared me up completely to date, but it is literally the only product that has given me any hope for improvement.

I say it has the potential to dry your face out. There WILL be some drying regardless of what you do, but you can avoid the horrible peeling and tightness if you use a good-quality moisturizer, you have a method of exfoliation and you DON'T use BP strong enough to strip the paint off your car.

A higher percentage of BP doesn't mean it'll work more effectively or quickly - it just means you're going to get a rude shock when it hurts you. You have to start out gradually with 2.5% BP, apply it VERY gently, and gradually increase how much you're using to allow your skin to develop a tolerance for it.

The Regimen on this site has clear instructions for those of you who aren't sure if you're doing it right or if you're using the right products. Look through all the information that's available to you, it's awesome.

Excuse me for sounding like a parrot, but seriously, don't use 10% BP on your face. It's fine on your body. But DON'T put it on your face!

(I've been there. Not cool. Live and learn, guys.)

Reviewed on November 24, 2010

Ok, so..

I used something called Basiron (swedish brand) AC 10%, this is the "strongest one".

I would say for all of you,

buy the least strong one, you don't want to expose your skin to unnecessary harsh conditions.

A model gave me this tip,

use a VERY thick layer and put it where it is the most needed only! Wait for it to dry, wash it off, then repeat but the second time don't wash it off! Put a towel on your pillow (to avoid bleaching) and sleep with it on your face!

Do this max.. 3 days in a row because it will even after the first day feel like your face has tightened up! I used to do this (when my acne was at its worst) about once a month, like a rehab treatment hah!

Now from time to time I use it on my smaller pimples or when I get hormonalbreakouts or one huge zit somewhere very exposed...

When you start to use this MOISTURIZE. Dont care if oilfree or with oils WHATEVER.

Just use something on your faces people!! Even if you at the beginning do not even see flaking, this still dries your skin out from the inside..

I do recommend this stuff because it is cheap and it works if you know your skin.

If you have real acne then do not use this because it is too strong, Dermalogica are expensive but I swear by their every product. They changed my life. Just invest in one product and you will see and feel a difference..

Good luck, and remember that acne is nothing to be embarrassed about! Many ppl go through this so you are not alone!!!

Reviewed on October 25, 2010

wen i use dis for 4 wks all my ancne are gone but it left redspots on my face. err!!

Reviewed on September 14, 2010

I used this before my acne got worse, it did clear my skin greatly. Now I use Clindamyncin with benzoyl which I find works even better but you do need a prescription. But overall I find this works just as good. As for me a prescription is free. But I do recommend this product to everyone who wants quick healing of acne. And that cannot get a presciption. This would be the best store bought product for acne healing!

Reviewed on April 23, 2010

I think for those with complicated lesions, inflammated, difficult to deal with I would recommend that. But what worries me a little is the "Peroxide" in the formula. We all know that Hydrogen Peroxide generate free radicals and seems to be the case in BP, meaning premature aging.

So I think if you manage to control your acne, then you should consider using Tea Tree Oil and Salicylic Acid (SA) on the spot. SA works wonderful reducing inflammation and avoiding the red big bump we all hate. tea tree oil kill bacteria.

Reviewed on April 6, 2010

i'm willing to take 2 pros over all those cons. use mousturizer and take care of your skin and this will work wonders. all the tiny pimples i had that would irritate me so much all dissapeared after just 2 uses.

this has helped me so much,

i've been using it for 1 week and 4 days along with tretenoin, but i'm almost out only because i've used this product before and there was only a little left when i started again

i'm not sure how much it cost, but a little goes a long way.

i'm purchasing more very soon because the day i ran out, 2 new pimples emerged. i guess that proves that bp prevents my pimples

from moderate acne to light acne

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

I should have researched the side effects before trying benzoyl peroxide. I have religiously followed my dermatologist recommendations and have been using benzoyl peroxide for five years. I didn't know that benzoyl peroxide caused premature aging. I found that out only a week ago. Since then, I stopped using benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide 10% does help my cystic acne, but it doesn't eliminate it. I am currently clear, but that is because of SPIRONOLACTONE. Acne needs to be cured from the inside. Benzoyl peroxide does help when you have active acne, but use it cautiously. Although I am acne free, my skin has a lot of deep acne scars. I have to find a way to reduce my scarring and to make my skin look fresh, because with all these years of using benzoyl peroxide my skin looks aged, but only after a week of non-bp my skin fresher.

My point is bp does help, but it's never going to eliminate your acne..... so find something that will work for you internally. My solution was Spiro.

Reviewed on March 15, 2010

i will never buy anything over-the-counter again.