Page 3 of Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 192 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Reviewed on March 3, 2012

Please use this in small amounts! Don't use too much at once, wanting you acne to become clear. It has left me with damaged skin for years and years until this day. I used it almost 9 years ago and its still damaged.

Reviewed on January 28, 2012

used this aswell as taking 50mg of doxycycline, does take some time to work and as doxy doesn't stop the smaller pimples and blackheads, benzol helps in that way by clearing skin, however it does take some time to find what amount and regime works for you, my advice use lots of moisteriser!!!

Reviewed on January 24, 2012

The only medication that works for me. It decreases sebum amazingly but it also made my skin really dry that I couldn't talk properly. My face looked like I have wrinkles and people would ask what happen to my face. It's very embarrasing when you go out with it on. You also must constanly apply if you want to be acne-free. You can find this anywhere. I recommend the prescription one because it has dimethicone as appose to the acne.org one. Acne.org Benzoyl peroxide was even more drying!! I recommend this product but if you already have dry skin, please be careful!!! You can get cracked skin easily!!

Reviewed on January 21, 2012

I was given this 2 year ago and i used it once and my face broke out, it was bright red and painfully sore. i stopped using it straight away but earlier this year i thought id give it a go again because i feel my skins not as sensitive as it was before. never use this if you have sensitive skin!! it works well now, i used to see a huge improvement but now i think my skins getting used to it. x

Reviewed on January 21, 2012

I'm 14 and still in the adolesence stage of my life. I have moderate acne across my forehead and jawline; so mainly in the T-zone.

My doctor prescribed 5% Benzoyl Peroxide to me and said that there would be irritation of the skin within the first few weeks of application.

After using the product for 2 weeks, I noticed my skin became extremely dry and red. I was restricted from going outside because the sunlight would cause my skin to become even more dry.

I finally decided to do some research on the side effects and advantages of Benzoyl Peroxide and made the choice to stop using it.

Being only 14, I decided that the side effects outweighed the advantages and that in the future, the Benzoyl Peroxide would do more harm than good.

I would recommend this product if you have severe acne and oily skin, otherwise, you may recieve a rude shock after a few weeks of the first application.

Reviewed on November 20, 2011

I've tried using saclyic acid, witch hazel, mint julep, astringents... all types of things to try and battle this terrible breakout I've had for the last few months(an awful reaction to Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Scrub). Nothing worked,and I avoided BP for a long time because I've heard it's harsh on your skin, and mine is sensitive. Finally, I gave in and decided maybe I needed something powerful. I picked up the Walgreens brand 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel, and I noticed results overnight. Granted, it wasn't some miracle - my skin wasn't suddenly flawless, but I noticed a huge difference. After a few days of use, I was a bit shocked to see the dryness(I woke up one morning and had a "beard" of dry skin), but my skin soon adjusted and I've found that Garnier's Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Creme really helps to prevent dryness(plus, it has a soothing, cooling effect). I use BP twice daily - once in the morning, once at night, and I moisturize after each use. I've stopped washing with acne scrubs in the shower, except for once every few days when my skin feels particularly oily. I've been at it for about a month and I notice a significant improvement in my skin. :) It may not work for everyone, but for me it's been a life saver. I was beginning to feel like my acne would never improve.

Reviewed on October 9, 2011

i use the 10% benzoyl, i've been using it for almost two years and during the winter i get no acne and clear face, but during summer, fall and spring i get a loottttttttttttto of acne and very oily face, so basically it doesnt work besides during winter time. if you want it to work you have to wash your face, apply the cream, rub it for like 30 seconds, leave it on the skin for like 10 min that wash it off. But this sucks, ive been on for more than a year. I also use clindamycin phosphate, which does not work either

Reviewed on September 5, 2011

I used Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% from Perrigo on my face for a couple of months now. At first, it dried out my skin and caused it to peel, but then I applied moisturizer after I let the Benzoyl Peroxide dry on my face, therefore making it less dry. After about 1 week of use, the peeling stopped and my face wasn't as dry before. Now my acne has reduced and only small tiny ones remain on me. Not only that, some of my acne scars and blackheads have faded too.

So basically, the flaws are...

Dry skin ~ Just apply moisturizer on your face

Easily sunburned ~ When you go outside in the sun for longer than a short period of time, put on oil-free sunblock

For me, these are the steps I use for BP:

1. At night, before going to bed, wash your hands with soap to remove dirt and bacteria.

2. Then wet your face with lukewarm water.

3. Use a cleanser/scrub and gently rub it around your face.

4. Rinse off cleanser with lukewarm water.

5. Pat face dry with a clean towel.

6. Apply Benzoyl Peroxide all around face, except for your lips and under the eyes for it can cause you to gain future wrinkles. (Just about a dime sized amount)

7. Wait for it to dry.

8. Wash hands.

9. Once dry, apply moisturizer to face and chapstick to lips.

10. Your done. :)

Reviewed on August 18, 2011

This work really well! It clears up acne scars and acne fairly quickly. It does make your skin dry so you'll need a good moisturizer. You'll probably need to increase the dosage after 3 or 4 months.

Reviewed on August 4, 2011

I used this product (5%) on my entire face for 2 days. My skin went from red for brown and blotchy and even swollen i some places. Even if it does help acne this product is very HARSH!