Page 2 of Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 196 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Acne cleared, but dryness and redness occured; looking for HEALTHY alternative.
Reviewed on December 6, 2013

I have been on Proactiv for a year and a half and I have achieved clear skin. But due to the redness, itchy, dry and dull skin, I have concluded to myself that Benzoyl Peroxide does what its suppose to do but is bad for your skin in return. I have wanted to try The Regimen for a while now but since that is also BP based, I decided to skip it and try something new. I take the Clearzine supplements along with zinc for an oral treatment. In the morning I've been using a basic salicylic acid cleanser and the regimen moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil. And at night, I cleanse again, apply Tea Tree Oil with jojoba again and alpha hydroxy acid. Ive broken out a little bit but i'm hoping that's just the "flareup" everyone has been talking about when quitting BP. Give some feedback on my new routine and if you think its going to work for me!

Great!
Reviewed on August 21, 2013

I use benzac ac gel 5% and i started out from May 2013, i broke out before because of The Body Shop Tea Tree Line i don't know if its a purging stage but it hurts my face a lot so i stopped to use it. And then i use this benzac and it really helps my acne calmed down. It's easy to buy coz it can found anywhere here in pharmacies. My problem now is lot of post acne marks. My life saver :)

It works...but...
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

It works...Ive used it for a week. My pimples were gone with in 2 days... No more bumps! But....I had acne scars...All my pimples are flat and brown (i think thats what acne scars look like) Also i have some dry brown patches...on my face! ALSO IT BURNS...Even though it did this for me it might work for you thats why i recommend it...it really gets rid of pimples.

Works amazing!!!!
Reviewed on June 10, 2013

Ive tried heaps of products to help clear my acne and none of them worked. Then i tried benzoyl peroxide and my pimples went down over night and were almost gone within a week!!! I highly recommend this product, it works brilliantly :)

Reviewed on May 2, 2013

At 41 years old I truly thought my adult acne days were behind me. After 3 years on amocyline and using bp 5 and 10 in my early 30's it literally disappeared. Last week I had a very bad flare up which I am still trying to keep under control. I am devastated. Benzoyl peroxide is the only product which has ever made even a dint in my acne. I am scared to wash my face with any product, just using water and slathering on bp 5 each night , as cant get 2.5 in the UK. It has always been my saviour and I'm hoping it will work this time. If not,I'm stuffed.

by squirrelsquirrel on 06/02/2013 21:40
You can dilute the BP you have to make 2.5. I used my BP 10 diluted with 'Banana boat' aloe vera gel and it was great like that. I used it for 3 weeks now and it cleared up my moderate acne completely and caused no irritation, perhaps because of the aloe vera gel (which is in this case a mix of ingredients, non oily, containing glycerin). You can get this brand of aloe vera gel in Boots in the tanning section, it's also cheap.
Reviewed on April 24, 2013

Benzoyl peroxide is still to this day one of the most effect acne treatments available.

Reviewed on April 3, 2013

(Note: For those worrying about skin cancer, be aware the 1981 study was done on mice and DMBA was used as a tumor initiator, and if the WHO is condoning use of it personally I'm not worried. Do your own research.)

I combined 5% benzoyl peroxide with zinc supplement treatment for a bad patch of cystic/hormonal acne on my chin that's been there for years without going away. I apply the BP nightly after washing my face, and if it's particularly drying will use some vitamin E night cream over it. The dryness comes and goes, I don't always have issues with it (though I do always feel my skin 'tighten' where the cream is applied once it starts to dry). Together, they've done the trick, and my chin acne is nearly all gone for the first time in years. I will likely continue to use BP as a preventative even once my acne clears up, as it does wonders for my skin in general. Even my blackheads are taking a hike.

2.5% would likely work fine, but I was finding only 5% or higher formulas at my local store. I've used both before, and both did the trick.

Reviewed on March 31, 2013

Listen, if you want the same outcome as benzoyl peroxide with no side effects; use tea tree oil. I was skeptical about it initially but it's antiseptic, antibacterial and natural properties did indeed heal my acne plagued skin. It does take longer to work so be patient, but you don't need to go searching far for a cure when mother nature gives us this gift for granted. Trust me, I know how hard it is to look in the mirror every day and can't even remember how your face looked before the acne.

Reviewed on March 31, 2013

This just works - I've tried Epiduo, Retin-A's, and tons of other stuff over the course of 4-5 years. I found this to be the only thing that helps and the secret is in how you apply it - wash your hands and then slather on. Check out The Regimen videos. Your skin will probably dry out at first (my face peeled for like 2 weeks) but you will get past that! Use 2.5% - it's harsh, but not too harsh. 10% is probably too much for face. I use 9.8% on my back as the skin is thicker.

Reviewed on March 1, 2013

This worked for me, I'm 21 and suffered with severe acne ALL OF A SUDDEN out of nowhere and it destroyed my social life. With a mix of this and Diane 35 I officially am completely clear. Completely. :)