Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 194 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

free from pimples bt redness nt going
Reviewed on August 26, 2014

i m 18 years old . I tried every thing on my face bt do nt get rid of these freak pimples thats are whole of my face due to infection in humidity . one day during a search 4 doctor i saked a shop owner abt him bt he gave me a strong referance to go to anthr doctor(family doctor of owner). i said ok i will visit . nd then i visited the doctor . he gave me BP 2.5% SOAP and ALSO GAVE MEDICINES . I M THANKFUL to god that i get rid of my pimples bt severe redness caused by the use of b,p nd i dont want to try any other product on my face even that can cause worse i fear. bt dont know wat to do for this redness i am using BP since 15 feb of this year plz advice me so dat i could live my life once again THANX

Scarred me for weeks
Reviewed on August 6, 2014

I suffer cystic acne on my chin and regular pimples on my lower cheeks and jawline. Due to my age (24) and gender (female) I'm pretty sure it's hormone related. I seem to get flare ups every couple of months, and when I do oh boy they're bad.

Before I decided to use benzoyl peroxide 2.5 I'd say it was mild acne, after I used it, moderate to severe. I had previously taken 50mg doxycycline and used epiduo cream nightly and after a couple of months I was 99% clear!

Both medications ran their course and for 6 months my skin was great, then suddenly bam out of nowhere, the ugly critters were popping up all over the shop. The huge, sore, bright red, solid, pea-size lumps under the skin that never come to a head and if they do, they volcanicaly erupt all over the mirror leaving you even more sore and red but now with a delicious crusty scab!

At this point I think I counted about 7 on my chin and decided I needed some help, but always one to try something else and save pennies (erm hello epiduo costs like $40 in Australia) I popped down to the local pharmecy and picked up a bottle of 2.5 benzoyl.

I lathered it on my poor chin, dotted over my freshly popped wounds and waited for it to work it's magic as I slept. I couldn't be more wrong. It irritated my skin and inflamed my acne so so badly. My hyperpigmentation caused by the acne has taken so so so much longer to heal.

DO NOT put this cream on popped zits, sore wounds as it will inflame it and scar. Honestly, avoid this cream unless your face is like super duper oil slicky because it is so drying.

I'm back on doxycycline, this time bumped up to 100mg to fix the mess benzoyl created, plus i now only natural cleansers and tea tree oil on fresh pimples.

Don't do it!

it works , just be patient
Reviewed on August 1, 2014

i am 21 now and i have suffered from acnes since i was 12 . when i was 19 , after trying hundreds of creams , lotion , natural masks i met a dermatologist and she prescribed me this , benzoyl peroxide . At first 2 weeks it made my face worse , but after about 1 month my face was that clear that i could go out without makeup . it has to be used for a lot of time , i used it for more than a year . now my face is totally clear . about acne scars i would suggest glycolyc acid peels .

Worked like magic!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I'm turning 18 in two months and I have been suffering from acne for over 8 years now. I've tried every possible gel, cream, and even pill. None of them worked until I went to my doctor and he suggested this along with tretinoin gel. At first, it did not work but as prescribed in the label, you HAVE to be patient. It does not work over night or over a week. The next two months or so, I saw the change that it created. Not only did it prevent new ones from forming but it's also slowly disappearing my old ones. My pimples and blemishes are not as worst as before and I'm so happy that I took this product. BE CAREFUL though, benzoyl peroxide has different percentages to them. Some are 1%, 0.5%, etc. It all depends on how bad your acne is. Make sure to start from the lowest possible percentage and work your way up as you gradually see no change. It's also better if you see your doctor first.

I've been using this product for over a year now and honestly it has changed my appearance. It is definitely worth a try.

by emijahgreer on 08/01/2014 04:58
ok my doctor prescript me this benzoyl peroxide 5% on my first time at my age of 13 going on 14 asking for something for my acne problems so is 5% too much for me
Give it a try and please be patient
Reviewed on May 26, 2014

Tried differin 0.1 before and my acnies only got worse. Enzoxid 5 was included in my prescription. Only within a week of using my pimples are gone 85%. The skin feels tighten after applying but this only lasts for a little while. I don't know how somebody could get burnt with this product, maybe you could try apply a thin layer instead or go down to 2.5%. On my prescription I'm also given imlas, saromy, and gleniguard capsules. So I'm not sure what and what is doing the job but definitely a positive impression of Enzoxid here.

mission4
Reviewed on April 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I started to get this odd acne, we are in our twenties and it is just embarrassing so we tried benzyl peroxide and that worked fine, except it never really allowed our faces to heal. So after a year or so we stumbled upon Citrus Clear products and we found that it helped immensely, she has dry skin, and I have oily skin. She washes her face with the Citrus Clear Sensitive Wash, uses it morning and night and has been using it for about a month and her acne is nearly gone, a few pimples still pop up now and then but it is down to just red marks on her face where acne one was. I wash my face with the Citrus Clear Wash and use it at night if a pimple pops up and my face is almost completely acne free.

it has worked better then benzyl peroxide and our faces are no longer dry - I have seen it work on extremely dry skin, and oily skin and for such a cheap price its worth try.

by Cris24 on 05/26/2014 18:25
Citrus clear wash,u used up to now,,and is very efective???
does work
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

It does work, it does remove your acne, but.. it also dries your skin. It can make your skin more red, and can burn. It's helpfull if you wear foundation cause your bumps fade away. And you can cover the redness with foundation.

Dries pimples but causes redness
Reviewed on December 7, 2013

Been using various brands of benzoyl peroxide such as oxy and neutrogena. Really helps clear up some acne.

Acne cleared, but dryness and redness occured; looking for HEALTHY alternative.
Reviewed on December 6, 2013

I have been on Proactiv for a year and a half and I have achieved clear skin. But due to the redness, itchy, dry and dull skin, I have concluded to myself that Benzoyl Peroxide does what its suppose to do but is bad for your skin in return. I have wanted to try The Regimen for a while now but since that is also BP based, I decided to skip it and try something new. I take the Clearzine supplements along with zinc for an oral treatment. In the morning I've been using a basic salicylic acid cleanser and the regimen moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil. And at night, I cleanse again, apply Tea Tree Oil with jojoba again and alpha hydroxy acid. Ive broken out a little bit but i'm hoping that's just the "flareup" everyone has been talking about when quitting BP. Give some feedback on my new routine and if you think its going to work for me!

Great!
Reviewed on August 21, 2013

I use benzac ac gel 5% and i started out from May 2013, i broke out before because of The Body Shop Tea Tree Line i don't know if its a purging stage but it hurts my face a lot so i stopped to use it. And then i use this benzac and it really helps my acne calmed down. It's easy to buy coz it can found anywhere here in pharmacies. My problem now is lot of post acne marks. My life saver :)