Benzoyl Peroxide reviews

3.4/5 - 191 reviews

Benzoyl Peroxide.

Worked like magic!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

I'm turning 18 in two months and I have been suffering from acne for over 8 years now. I've tried every possible gel, cream, and even pill. None of them worked until I went to my doctor and he suggested this along with tretinoin gel. At first, it did not work but as prescribed in the label, you HAVE to be patient. It does not work over night or over a week. The next two months or so, I saw the change that it created. Not only did it prevent new ones from forming but it's also slowly disappearing my old ones. My pimples and blemishes are not as worst as before and I'm so happy that I took this product. BE CAREFUL though, benzoyl peroxide has different percentages to them. Some are 1%, 0.5%, etc. It all depends on how bad your acne is. Make sure to start from the lowest possible percentage and work your way up as you gradually see no change. It's also better if you see your doctor first.

I've been using this product for over a year now and honestly it has changed my appearance. It is definitely worth a try.

Give it a try and please be patient
Reviewed on May 26, 2014

Tried differin 0.1 before and my acnies only got worse. Enzoxid 5 was included in my prescription. Only within a week of using my pimples are gone 85%. The skin feels tighten after applying but this only lasts for a little while. I don't know how somebody could get burnt with this product, maybe you could try apply a thin layer instead or go down to 2.5%. On my prescription I'm also given imlas, saromy, and gleniguard capsules. So I'm not sure what and what is doing the job but definitely a positive impression of Enzoxid here.

mission4
Reviewed on April 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I started to get this odd acne, we are in our twenties and it is just embarrassing so we tried benzyl peroxide and that worked fine, except it never really allowed our faces to heal. So after a year or so we stumbled upon Citrus Clear products and we found that it helped immensely, she has dry skin, and I have oily skin. She washes her face with the Citrus Clear Sensitive Wash, uses it morning and night and has been using it for about a month and her acne is nearly gone, a few pimples still pop up now and then but it is down to just red marks on her face where acne one was. I wash my face with the Citrus Clear Wash and use it at night if a pimple pops up and my face is almost completely acne free.

it has worked better then benzyl peroxide and our faces are no longer dry - I have seen it work on extremely dry skin, and oily skin and for such a cheap price its worth try.

by Cris24 on 05/26/2014 18:25
Citrus clear wash,u used up to now,,and is very efective???
does work
Reviewed on March 3, 2014

It does work, it does remove your acne, but.. it also dries your skin. It can make your skin more red, and can burn. It's helpfull if you wear foundation cause your bumps fade away. And you can cover the redness with foundation.

Dries pimples but causes redness
Reviewed on December 7, 2013

Been using various brands of benzoyl peroxide such as oxy and neutrogena. Really helps clear up some acne.

Acne cleared, but dryness and redness occured; looking for HEALTHY alternative.
Reviewed on December 6, 2013

I have been on Proactiv for a year and a half and I have achieved clear skin. But due to the redness, itchy, dry and dull skin, I have concluded to myself that Benzoyl Peroxide does what its suppose to do but is bad for your skin in return. I have wanted to try The Regimen for a while now but since that is also BP based, I decided to skip it and try something new. I take the Clearzine supplements along with zinc for an oral treatment. In the morning I've been using a basic salicylic acid cleanser and the regimen moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil. And at night, I cleanse again, apply Tea Tree Oil with jojoba again and alpha hydroxy acid. Ive broken out a little bit but i'm hoping that's just the "flareup" everyone has been talking about when quitting BP. Give some feedback on my new routine and if you think its going to work for me!

Great!
Reviewed on August 21, 2013

I use benzac ac gel 5% and i started out from May 2013, i broke out before because of The Body Shop Tea Tree Line i don't know if its a purging stage but it hurts my face a lot so i stopped to use it. And then i use this benzac and it really helps my acne calmed down. It's easy to buy coz it can found anywhere here in pharmacies. My problem now is lot of post acne marks. My life saver :)

It works...but...
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

It works...Ive used it for a week. My pimples were gone with in 2 days... No more bumps! But....I had acne scars...All my pimples are flat and brown (i think thats what acne scars look like) Also i have some dry brown patches...on my face! ALSO IT BURNS...Even though it did this for me it might work for you thats why i recommend it...it really gets rid of pimples.

Works amazing!!!!
Reviewed on June 10, 2013

Ive tried heaps of products to help clear my acne and none of them worked. Then i tried benzoyl peroxide and my pimples went down over night and were almost gone within a week!!! I highly recommend this product, it works brilliantly :)

Reviewed on May 2, 2013

At 41 years old I truly thought my adult acne days were behind me. After 3 years on amocyline and using bp 5 and 10 in my early 30's it literally disappeared. Last week I had a very bad flare up which I am still trying to keep under control. I am devastated. Benzoyl peroxide is the only product which has ever made even a dint in my acne. I am scared to wash my face with any product, just using water and slathering on bp 5 each night , as cant get 2.5 in the UK. It has always been my saviour and I'm hoping it will work this time. If not,I'm stuffed.

by squirrelsquirrel on 06/02/2013 21:40
You can dilute the BP you have to make 2.5. I used my BP 10 diluted with 'Banana boat' aloe vera gel and it was great like that. I used it for 3 weeks now and it cleared up my moderate acne completely and caused no irritation, perhaps because of the aloe vera gel (which is in this case a mix of ingredients, non oily, containing glycerin). You can get this brand of aloe vera gel in Boots in the tanning section, it's also cheap.