Benzefoam Benzoyl Peroxide Emollient Foam reviews

4.6/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Benzefoam

Benzoyl Peroxide (5.3%).

BHT, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetearyl alcohol, citric acid, dimethicone, disodium EDTA, emulsifying wax, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, steareth-10. A

Also contains: Propellant HFA-134A (1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane).

Best ever for bacne
Reviewed on October 8, 2013

My child had both face and back acne. Her treatment for her acne worked great for her face however the back acne was a different story. Back acne can be extremely stubborn. She was given BenzEfoam Ultra. She is to use it at night before showering by applying it with a loofa brush and letting it sit on her back for 3 to 5 minutes and then showering it off. Before bed she just uses an OTC Benzoyl Peroxide cream. This has beeen the only thing that has worked on the stubborn bacne. She even tried a benzoyl wash that was 10% and over the counter and that didn't work. There had been many acne spots that have been there for months and now they are gone. It only took about a week before we could see the major change. She didn't clear up totally in a week but we could she that it was working and subsiding. Obviously because when you see a product working than you are encouraged and feel hopeful. Give it a try if you have acne on your body. If used right then it really works. Oh yes the reason why she has a different treatment for her face is that the BenzEfoam can be really harsh on the face as well as body acne and face acne respond different to treatments. Her back acne was moderate/severe. No scarring either!

richard, michigan
Tyler, Renton, WA
Reviewed on September 19, 2012

Love this product. It was on a whim that I ended up using it but I am sure glad I did (obviously, as I googled it and am now reviewing it :)).

The funny thing is I was reading other reviews and noticed that people were washing this stuff off; something I've never done. Clearly I misread the directions. I would say my face looks clearer but greasier and this is probably due to leaving the product on and then applying my own moisturizer. Sounds like the foam already has moisturizer agents in it. Regardless, it's effective and I don't mind the minimal increase in shine as my complexion has done a complete 180 from before. This, without dryness, something almost always happens with my fair skin tone.

In the future, I will try rinsing it off and see if it provides the same anti-acne effect but with less shine. I couldn't find Benzefoam on Onset Dermatologics' web site so I really hope they didn't discontinue it!!

Tristan, Florida
Reviewed on July 5, 2012

AMAZING! I have been struggling with chest and back acne for a while now. I have always made sure to keep the area clean and have used Terminator 10(works well on face) though I have had no luck. I also tried a cream that my dermatologist recommended which which was difficult to apply and didn't work. BenzEFoam worked right away and is super easy to apply. Defiantly give it a try!

Yeah, Nc
Reviewed on December 30, 2011

Best product for acne I had really bad acne due to Murad scars,cyst and huge pimples this improved my face in 3 days but as soon as I applied it for the first time my face redness went down 90% I use it everyday now is amazing !

Ashleigh, Michigan
Reviewed on October 11, 2011

I have struggled with horrible acne for 12 years and was at the end of my rope when BenzEfoam was prescribed to me. I had been on countless topical and oral acne medications and none even remotely relieved me of my acne, and many (namely the antibiotics) caused more problems than I already had. I am very pleased with this product and with how quickly it works. Highly recommended.

Dallas, Chicago, IL
Reviewed on May 22, 2011

I have moderately severe body acne on my chest, back, and arms. I've tried every topical and oral treatmeant and it would either make it worse or not solve the problem at all. My doctor gave me a sample of BenzEFoam and didn't think it would do a think. I tried it out for a week and to my surprise my acne was going away, and within less than 3 weeks it was perfectly clear! It did not irratate my skin, dry it out, or bleach my clothes. It actually rehydrated it and kept it mosturized. Now i've only been on it for a month and now use it everyother day. This stuff is literally like a miracle in a can! I wish I found it sooner as I've been suffering with acne for about 10 years. I'd give this a try I never thought I could get clear skin on my body, and I doubted this product and is surprisingly change my thought process. The good thing to is that I get it for free due to my insurance covering it!

Christina, Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed on February 26, 2011

I've tried several variations of benzoyl peroxide (creams, soaps) at differing strengths. I feel this works better than most, especially in conjunction with other acne treatments. I use this with Retin-A and my skin has improved dramatically. In addition, out of all benzoyl peroxide treatments, this doesn't dry out my skin. My guess is the foam plus the added ingredients prevent dryness associated with benzoyl peroxide use. In the end, I recommend that you try it out. Some dermatologists may have samples for you to try!

The only reason why I give this 4 instead of 5 stars is because I still have very small breakouts. Call me a perfectionist but I think we all deserve perfect skin :)

Corbin, Utah
Reviewed on January 5, 2011

This has worked great for me. I have used Epiduo, Differin, Tazorac, Retin-a, Benzaclin, every antibiotic, and tons of different prescriptions and over the counter treatment. The only thing I haven't done is accutane but with only moderate acne I don't feel accutane is worth the risks. This has kept my acne under control the most consistently and has been the best working. If you have acne and use tons of prescription topicals you might want to try this. It worked great and continues to work great.

by AcneGirl97 on 12/08/2014 21:23
Can you use Benzefoam for the face? My doc prescribed it for my back acne, and it worked really well for my back! Because of this, can I use it for my face?