Benzamycin Erythromycin (3%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

Brand: Benzamycin

Benzamycin Erythromycin (3%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

Erythromycin (3%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Purified water USP, Carbomer Homopolymer Type C, alcohol 20%, sodium hydroxide NF, docusate sodium and fragrance.

Great product. Very popular
Reviewed on March 20, 2016

If you pay for this out of pocket you've probably noticed a huge price increase within the past year. Do yourself a favor and Google "RxPalace Benzamycin" and you'll save lots of money.

My opinion of Benzamycin
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

The following statements are my experiences and my opinions.

I was prescribed Benzamycin after over the counter Benzoyl Peroxide no longer was effective. Benzamycin worked well for a while. However, over time it quit working. I have been on Benzamycin 3 different times over nearly 5 years and it worked well in the beginning, but on the 3rd round I quit after 10 weeks because my forehead got much worse and it was at this time I switched to a more natural treatment that has done wonders for me.

Great, but don't ever stop using it!
Reviewed on March 14, 2015

This product works wonders. I've been suffering from severe acne since my early years of junior high. I've tried everything from cleaners to prescribed medications. I was prescribed this a few months ago and my face cleared up. You'll start seeing results in a few weeks! Recently I stopped using it and my acne became worst than it was before! If you use this product, you have to be very dedicated.

Works but can be very drying.
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

Takes time but eventually I did see some improvement, however, the drying side effects were to harsh for me so I switched to a different BP product. I don't know how anyone could use this without a moisturizer. One tip I would give anyone is to make sure your Pharmacist mixes it properly because they screw it up 90% of the time. If they mix it properly it should NOT be chunky. As soon as they hand it to you open it up and check it out because if it is not a smooth paste but has chunks of white stuff in it then they did not follow the directions and did it wrong. HAVE THEM REDO IT. I had to do this several times and I imagine they just don't read the instructions properly but you should not have to deal with it-make them do it right.

I'm so confused help !!
Reviewed on August 2, 2014

I was just prescribed this gel on Tuesday from my doctor and I know that this does take a while to notice a difference in your skin, I only breakout on my cheeks, forehead and barely on my chin. But yesterday I felt this burning feeling around my mouth area and now my cheeks and around my lip feel swollen there super red I don't know what happened it was all so sudden! I don't want to say that this product doesn't work because ive only used it for 4 days but I'm disappointed that I might have gotten a reaction don't know if I didn't use this right or I'm just allergic but I'm pretty sad that I can't try this product anymore atleast if my skin doesnt heal :( I dont really know what to say because believe it or not I do notice a bit of a difference in my acne I don't have server acne problems but I can tell that my small pimples are fading I just can't continue with this product so I really don't know what to say!

by hebas379 on 02/01/2015 07:21
Omg same thing happend to me please let me know what I supposed to do
by Akmumma on 02/22/2015 06:15
Did you two put it in the fridge? This happened to me because the pharmacist didn't tell me to store in the fridge, I used it two days and I assumed I got an allergic reaction because my eyes swelled bad and my face turned red and peeled..stopped using it and still a week later and my face still burns but the swelling is gone..wish they told me to store it in the fridge
by DahliaKitty on 06/10/2016 20:46
It's very strong. Make sure you are using a very good moisturizer along with all topical acne creams. Trust me! Your face will get red, dry and flaky and more oil production if you dont. If that doesn't work then it's probably a reaction or you can try using it less than every day and more like 3 times a week.
by DahliaKitty on 06/10/2016 20:47
Works Wonders!!
Reviewed on April 27, 2014

I've had acne since the beginning of junior high. I'm now almost 16. Within the last 2 years back has totally broke out and I also have cystic acne between my breasts. On my face I have mostly acne on my tzone. My Dr. Prescribed this to me along with a anitibiotic pill. And its wonderful!! I've only been using it for about 3 weeks now and I've noticed huge improvements. It does need to be refrigerated though. I would absolutely recommend this product!!!!

I loved this stuff!!!!!!!
Reviewed on March 8, 2014

I had clear skin until I was 18. That's when my regular doctor prescribed this medicine. My skin never looked as good as it did while I was using this product. When I ran out my doctor refused to give me a refill and sent me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist won't put me back on erythromycin because he says it's only a temporary treatment. Without this medicine my face has broken out worse than it ever has before and the product the dermatologist gave me is not working. I want my erythromycin/benzoyl peroxide back!!!!!

P.S. Yes it does look like cottage cheese. It smells like rubbing alcohol which doesn't bother me. If your face feels slimy you put too much on. You are supposed to put it on at night so that it doesn't matter if it is visible.

Miss and hit.
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

I used this for a while, and it appeared to be helping my skin. Then, it started to burn my face and make my pimples get really dry then reappear again 10x worse. The smell is horrible. HORRIBLE. It leaves a white film. The texture is also very clumpy and feels gross.

Jane, California
Reviewed on February 4, 2013

People, DON'T quit using your medication after the first month just because you don't see progress. It can take months to see results and it will be slow. I hate to burst your bubble but nothing is going to work overnight and you could be missing out on what really would help by just being impatient. That being said, this product is great. I've been on it for two months and the difference is astounding. It's even clearing out my blackheads. My skin hasn't been this clear since Junior High!

Anonymous