Benzagel Benzoyl Peroxide (5% or 10%) reviews

4.5/5 - 2 reviews

Brand: Benzagel

Benzagel Benzoyl Peroxide (5% or 10%)

5 Benzagel (benzoyl peroxide gel) and 10 Benzagel contains 50 mg and 100 mg respectively, of benzoyl peroxide in a gel vehicle of purified water, carbomer 940, 14% alcohol, sodium hydroxide, docusate sodium and fragrances.

Benzagel Benzoyl Peroxide (5% or 10%)

Excellent spot treatment for mild acne cases
Reviewed on July 11, 2017

TLDR: Excellent as a spot-treatment; may be too strong for regimen (esp. if you have sensitive skin). This product has been so reliable for me over the years though, I love catching blemishes early and zapping them overnight. Available at Shoppers' and probably other Canadian drugstores.

FULL REVIEW:

I've been lurking this site for years and let's just say I'm old enough to know I'm in for a lifetime of being prone to adult acne if I don't take care of my skin. Being oily AND sensitive, most of the run-of-the-mill products out there simply aren't for me, and only worsen matters. After much expense and experimentation, I learned that the hard way.

Luckily, I've been able to stay clear with a modified version of the acne.org regimen. I could only get the 5% version of Benzagel locally, but one tiny tube has lasted me a very long time. I use it only as a spot treatment. Similar to the regimen's instructions, I let a small dot of gel soak in on the affected area before rubbing my preferred (gentle!) lotion in to protect my skin from irritation. A tiny speck is enough to reverse early-stage pimples overnight, or if an actual pimple manages to pop up before I can catch it, it shrivels it down so it will usually disappear within a day. (Again, a small amount extra lotion in treated areas helps prevent any irritation, otherwise redness can ensue. I prefer Cerave for PM and Cetaphil Dermacontrol w/ SPF for AM, personally.)

Drugstore BP option in Canada
Reviewed on December 5, 2014

Although it's a 5% concentration, I've used it before as my treatment. It is thicker than the acne.org BP and much harder to spread, but it does the job if you aren't able to order or find another option. I prefer Dan's BP to this, but if you're in a bind, I do recommend this aswell.