Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

4.1/5 - 117 reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzoyl peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Truly amazin
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

I never ever write reviews online but I just had to this time. I've always had problematic skin: sensitive, acne prone and very oily. I started getting acne on my face when I was in high school and it went away after a few months. After that I only got one pimple every month or so until about a year ago (when I just turned 23) I started getting massive pus filled cysts all over my cheeks. Things got so bad that people who hardly knew me started asking why my skin got so bad. By then I had already tried Tea Tree Oil (from The Body Shop) and it seemed to work for a few days but it only got worse as the oil just irritated my skin. I started looking online for something to help me before going to a dermatologist. That's when I heard about Benzoyl Peroxide. After reading great reviews, I went ahead and bought this at a local chemist. I got a 5% variant of Benzac AC. It has been about 4 weeks and my skin shows a noticeable improvement. All the old cysts have dried up. I still do get pimples on my cheeks but they all dry out much faster and they don't leave behind a scar and they're also not as big as they used to before. I have high hopes for this and I think in a few more weeks I will be completely clear skinned (a first for me) Even though your skin might get very VERY dry, it will become much better over time. A MUST try if you suffer from acne.

works for me
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

I love My Benzac gel!! It's so amazing I have mild acne along my t-zone. If I put it on any spots overnight they are almost gone by the morning! and i use an oil free moisturiser after so have no problems with peeling/dryness.

Best benzoyl peroxide for acne
Reviewed on May 4, 2016

I used panoxyl aquagel before it was discontinued in 2012 and searched for a product that could deliver the same results. After months of using different products I finally found this product from australia and have been using the 10% version ever since. Makes my skin feel clean and smooth while delivering the same results I got from panoxyl. If your skin can handle benzoyl peroxide then you must check this product out. It comes in strengths of 2.5%, 5% and 10% and can be found on ebay.

Great for Acne!
Reviewed on March 28, 2016

I think this product is great, especially if you have under the skin pimples, the small ones it really works wonders in drying them up in a few days after using this product I noticed a difference. But, with cystic acne the process may take a while longer, however it really does dry the acne up, downside since its a drying agent my skin becomes a little flaky and peels off, but I just place it in the affected areas.

I highly recommend this product, but make sure you stick to it religiously. I apply it twice a day, once after uni when I'm home and the other time before I sleep, but apply a very thin layer as to not cause skin irritation.

I do recommend that you put on some oil free, non-comedogenic moisturizer in the morning since this is very drying, I skip that part because well I haven't found the right moisturizer that doesn't break me out so.. yeah!

This product works great for me, hope you notice a difference too :)

by Eva Chauhan on 03/31/2016 05:06
use "neuteogena oil free moisture for combination skin"..It's great... I m currently using it with Benzac-AC treatment.. It's very light, oil free, hypoallergenic, non- comedogenic n fragrance free....!!
by Eva Chauhan on 03/31/2016 05:08
Neutrogena*
Best choice!
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

I suffered from acne for almost 13 years now and I have tried everything you could possibly think off. I finished 2 course of accutane that lasted almost a year before my acne start coming back again. I was going to start my 3rd course but I read about benzac here on acne.org and I thought of trying it why not?

Let me tell you that i give benzac a 5 star. It really helped a lot with my acne after one week. All my acne are almost completely gone. Your fave will get red and itchy in the begining but trust me it will all go away and use it only as a spot treatment.

My daily morning routine before heading to work is washing my face with clerasil and then apply bioline toner before applying Auriga Melaclear tinted sunscreen which actually contains zinc oxide and it helps a lot with my acne. At night i do the exact same thing put skip the sunscreen part and apply benzac directly on the spots before bed. In a week time i noticed a huge difference my face has never been better.

So for me so far i love benzac have been using for a month now and i will continue using it.

only use on specific area
Reviewed on January 29, 2016

do not use it the whole face i had applied it the whole face 1 time after that my skin got redness and itchiness alot and it dried off my skin and peel...but if you applied on the acne spot then it helped abit but you need to be patient to see the results

Good spot treatment
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

When i first started using this, my face was itchy and red and dry. But after a few days, i've noticed that it did dry my pimples which was awesome! The only thing i dont like about this is that, it leaves a brown mark after. But so far, this product works

Waste of time and money
Reviewed on September 18, 2015

Terrible product. My face has been red, itchy and swollen for the past three days because of Benzac. Numerous trips to the doctors have had to be made, Doctor strongly recommends not to buy either. Horrible product.

by Ceri1608 on 03/23/2016 12:01
This happen to me now! :( what did you use after that?
by lhub on 08/22/2016 12:38
Its just normal , after 1 week its no longer itchy and red but after 1-2months you will be amazed on its great result :)
by lhub on 08/22/2016 12:38
Will Benzac AC 5 work for me?
Reviewed on September 7, 2015

Ive been to the dermatologist twice with acne problem and he prescribed purbac which worked wonderfully well until i completed the course (my skin felt like a baby's bum), then suddenly terrible breakouts on my face, back and neck leaving scars.

Now i've been using benzac AC 5 for almost two weeks now. It's itchy and irritating however now my skin looks worse than before especially on my forehead, back of my ears and chest. Is this a normal reaction? It just looks like all the black and white heads underneath the skin surfaced all at once, everywhere i touch there's a bump. What should i do? Any tips on getting a clear skin?

by Eva Chauhan on 03/21/2016 09:35
stick to Benzac-ac.... skin gets worse before getting better; this is so normal because skin renew itself.. That's why all d underneath pimple come to surface...
by lhub on 08/22/2016 12:40
Yes its true , you must stick on it and after 1-2months you will be thankful to its great result
terrible
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

my skin has never EVER looked so bad as this ever before, the moment I started using this, my skin went worse and worse. my skin is super dry and red. my acne is worse and i can peel my skin of. it burned when I put it on my acne and it hurts. maybe I'm allergic, but it said that 1 out of 10 people get these things to.

I strongly DO NOT!!!! reccomend this to anyone.

by Los Angeles on 05/07/2016 04:30
Your skin is sensitive to benzoyl peroxide. Try the 2.5% version and apply tiny amounts only of the blemish. That should help reduce irritation and clear up your skin.
by lhub on 08/22/2016 12:42
People think that because your skin looks worst its not effective but its normal ... After 1-2months everything will back to normal