Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

4.1/5 - 121 reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzoyl peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel

The only acne treatment cream that works
Reviewed on May 5, 2017

I have been struggling and suffering from mild acne, white & blackheads since teenage and I still fighting against this problem until now, as an adult although my skin has clear up alot.

I got to know this cream during my 1st time visiting a doctor to get a professional advice to cure my acne 5 or 6 years back. Since then, I use this cream on my face twice everyday.

It took about 4 to 5 days to cure a bumpy acne on my skin; 1 to 2 days for tiny or small pimple. I don't think it cures white & blackheads much. I still need to go for a professional facial & extraction monthly to clear those stubborn white, blackheads out of my face.

Not forget to mention, this cream is inexpensive and it can be easily found in most pharmacy. 5% benzoyl peroxide is more than enough to cure mild acne. However, I will pick 10% if I wish to cure my acne faster. Remember to moisture your skin each time after applied as it tend to dry your skin if without proper moisturization.

wonderful
Reviewed on March 12, 2017

i started to see instant results and was clearing up my acne right away but u need to use moisturiser after otherwise it strips your face dry.

I LOOOOOVE IT!
Reviewed on February 19, 2017

This thing cleared my acne for about a month and a half! I looove it! This thing works for me very well! I also use clean and clear essential facial foam , and nivea cream to moisturize my face. Please try my regimen This might work for you , and it also might not work for you. But atleast you tried it! :)

Im still getting new pimples
Reviewed on October 20, 2016

Benzac dried pimples but im still getting new pimples:(

I got hormonal csytc acne and it doesnt help to prevent it.

Truly amazin
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

I never ever write reviews online but I just had to this time. I've always had problematic skin: sensitive, acne prone and very oily. I started getting acne on my face when I was in high school and it went away after a few months. After that I only got one pimple every month or so until about a year ago (when I just turned 23) I started getting massive pus filled cysts all over my cheeks. Things got so bad that people who hardly knew me started asking why my skin got so bad. By then I had already tried Tea Tree Oil (from The Body Shop) and it seemed to work for a few days but it only got worse as the oil just irritated my skin. I started looking online for something to help me before going to a dermatologist. That's when I heard about Benzoyl Peroxide. After reading great reviews, I went ahead and bought this at a local chemist. I got a 5% variant of Benzac AC. It has been about 4 weeks and my skin shows a noticeable improvement. All the old cysts have dried up. I still do get pimples on my cheeks but they all dry out much faster and they don't leave behind a scar and they're also not as big as they used to before. I have high hopes for this and I think in a few more weeks I will be completely clear skinned (a first for me) Even though your skin might get very VERY dry, it will become much better over time. A MUST try if you suffer from acne.

by ritzix on 03/22/2017 16:09
Hello, do you recommend to leave benzac 5% ac gel on face overnight(approx 7hrs?) , if not, how long should i leave it on before washing it off? Thanks!
by vxnova on 05/19/2017 03:49
Try it on face for a couple hours at first to make sure it doesn't become irritated.
works for me
Reviewed on May 15, 2016

I love My Benzac gel!! It's so amazing I have mild acne along my t-zone. If I put it on any spots overnight they are almost gone by the morning! and i use an oil free moisturiser after so have no problems with peeling/dryness.

Best benzoyl peroxide for acne
Reviewed on May 4, 2016

I used panoxyl aquagel before it was discontinued in 2012 and searched for a product that could deliver the same results. After months of using different products I finally found this product from australia and have been using the 10% version ever since. Makes my skin feel clean and smooth while delivering the same results I got from panoxyl. If your skin can handle benzoyl peroxide then you must check this product out. It comes in strengths of 2.5%, 5% and 10% and can be found on ebay.

Great for Acne!
Reviewed on March 28, 2016

I think this product is great, especially if you have under the skin pimples, the small ones it really works wonders in drying them up in a few days after using this product I noticed a difference. But, with cystic acne the process may take a while longer, however it really does dry the acne up, downside since its a drying agent my skin becomes a little flaky and peels off, but I just place it in the affected areas.

I highly recommend this product, but make sure you stick to it religiously. I apply it twice a day, once after uni when I'm home and the other time before I sleep, but apply a very thin layer as to not cause skin irritation.

I do recommend that you put on some oil free, non-comedogenic moisturizer in the morning since this is very drying, I skip that part because well I haven't found the right moisturizer that doesn't break me out so.. yeah!

This product works great for me, hope you notice a difference too :)

by Eva Chauhan on 03/31/2016 05:06
use "neuteogena oil free moisture for combination skin"..It's great... I m currently using it with Benzac-AC treatment.. It's very light, oil free, hypoallergenic, non- comedogenic n fragrance free....!!
by Eva Chauhan on 03/31/2016 05:08
Neutrogena*
by Berrs55 on 02/03/2017 16:08
I recommend the Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer from First Aid Beauty. It's cruelty free, lightweight and absorbs well. I don't think it has contributed to my breakouts. The bottle has lasted me a long time, too.
Best choice!
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

I suffered from acne for almost 13 years now and I have tried everything you could possibly think off. I finished 2 course of accutane that lasted almost a year before my acne start coming back again. I was going to start my 3rd course but I read about benzac here on acne.org and I thought of trying it why not?

Let me tell you that i give benzac a 5 star. It really helped a lot with my acne after one week. All my acne are almost completely gone. Your fave will get red and itchy in the begining but trust me it will all go away and use it only as a spot treatment.

My daily morning routine before heading to work is washing my face with clerasil and then apply bioline toner before applying Auriga Melaclear tinted sunscreen which actually contains zinc oxide and it helps a lot with my acne. At night i do the exact same thing put skip the sunscreen part and apply benzac directly on the spots before bed. In a week time i noticed a huge difference my face has never been better.

So for me so far i love benzac have been using for a month now and i will continue using it.

only use on specific area
Reviewed on January 29, 2016

do not use it the whole face i had applied it the whole face 1 time after that my skin got redness and itchiness alot and it dried off my skin and peel...but if you applied on the acne spot then it helped abit but you need to be patient to see the results