Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzoyl peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Great for Acne!
Reviewed on March 28, 2016

I think this product is great, especially if you have under the skin pimples, the small ones it really works wonders in drying them up in a few days after using this product I noticed a difference. But, with cystic acne the process may take a while longer, however it really does dry the acne up, downside since its a drying agent my skin becomes a little flaky and peels off, but I just place it in the affected areas.

I highly recommend this product, but make sure you stick to it religiously. I apply it twice a day, once after uni when I'm home and the other time before I sleep, but apply a very thin layer as to not cause skin irritation.

I do recommend that you put on some oil free, non-comedogenic moisturizer in the morning since this is very drying, I skip that part because well I haven't found the right moisturizer that doesn't break me out so.. yeah!

This product works great for me, hope you notice a difference too :)

by Eva Chauhan on 03/31/2016 05:06
use "neuteogena oil free moisture for combination skin"..It's great... I m currently using it with Benzac-AC treatment.. It's very light, oil free, hypoallergenic, non- comedogenic n fragrance free....!!
by Eva Chauhan on 03/31/2016 05:08
Neutrogena*
Best choice!
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

I suffered from acne for almost 13 years now and I have tried everything you could possibly think off. I finished 2 course of accutane that lasted almost a year before my acne start coming back again. I was going to start my 3rd course but I read about benzac here on acne.org and I thought of trying it why not?

Let me tell you that i give benzac a 5 star. It really helped a lot with my acne after one week. All my acne are almost completely gone. Your fave will get red and itchy in the begining but trust me it will all go away and use it only as a spot treatment.

My daily morning routine before heading to work is washing my face with clerasil and then apply bioline toner before applying Auriga Melaclear tinted sunscreen which actually contains zinc oxide and it helps a lot with my acne. At night i do the exact same thing put skip the sunscreen part and apply benzac directly on the spots before bed. In a week time i noticed a huge difference my face has never been better.

So for me so far i love benzac have been using for a month now and i will continue using it.

only use on specific area
Reviewed on January 29, 2016

do not use it the whole face i had applied it the whole face 1 time after that my skin got redness and itchiness alot and it dried off my skin and peel...but if you applied on the acne spot then it helped abit but you need to be patient to see the results

Good spot treatment
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

When i first started using this, my face was itchy and red and dry. But after a few days, i've noticed that it did dry my pimples which was awesome! The only thing i dont like about this is that, it leaves a brown mark after. But so far, this product works

nope
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

A few months ago i started this and left a review at how excellent it was. However after 4 months of using it, i found that it leaves scars and the scars then turn brown and become holes. I honestly do think this WILL help active acne, but is it worth the scars?

I have stopped using this and my scarring is improving, however as much as it works for pimples, it leaves the worst scars and its not worth it at all.

Just becareful when you use this, and try to avoid it as much as possible. Hot compress or aloe vera work well, or just try concealing the pimple until it naturally goes.

If someone had told me this before starting using it, i swear to god i would have NO scars on my face. PLEASE becareful!

by Angelruth on 01/30/2016 02:50
Whatever product you use. You will still have pimple Scars it is not the product who scar your face but the pimple itself, lucky you That your pjmple has been treated by benzac what if not? I think your whole face is now full of dots, Be thankful.
Waste of time and money
Reviewed on September 18, 2015

Terrible product. My face has been red, itchy and swollen for the past three days because of Benzac. Numerous trips to the doctors have had to be made, Doctor strongly recommends not to buy either. Horrible product.

by Ceri1608 on 03/23/2016 12:01
This happen to me now! :( what did you use after that?
Will Benzac AC 5 work for me?
Reviewed on September 7, 2015

Ive been to the dermatologist twice with acne problem and he prescribed purbac which worked wonderfully well until i completed the course (my skin felt like a baby's bum), then suddenly terrible breakouts on my face, back and neck leaving scars.

Now i've been using benzac AC 5 for almost two weeks now. It's itchy and irritating however now my skin looks worse than before especially on my forehead, back of my ears and chest. Is this a normal reaction? It just looks like all the black and white heads underneath the skin surfaced all at once, everywhere i touch there's a bump. What should i do? Any tips on getting a clear skin?

by Eva Chauhan on 03/21/2016 09:35
stick to Benzac-ac.... skin gets worse before getting better; this is so normal because skin renew itself.. That's why all d underneath pimple come to surface...
terrible
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

my skin has never EVER looked so bad as this ever before, the moment I started using this, my skin went worse and worse. my skin is super dry and red. my acne is worse and i can peel my skin of. it burned when I put it on my acne and it hurts. maybe I'm allergic, but it said that 1 out of 10 people get these things to.

I strongly DO NOT!!!! reccomend this to anyone.

Give it time for complete (or almost complete) clearing
Reviewed on October 20, 2014

Well, I started using the 2.5% version while doing the regimen and it did work a bit. One thing you should know is that no matter how much moisturizer you put on your skin you will always be irritated, and finding a non-comedogenic moisturizer is really hard (needless to say impossible). A few months ago I went to my grandmas house for the summer where I couldn't find the 2.5% version so I decided to buy the 5% version. At that time my face was almost clear, I did get the ocassional pimple, but it was nothing compared to before and they did not hurt like before either. At that time I'd been using the product for about 6 months and I was really pleased. By then I noticed the moisturizer was breaking me out, and also that I did not need to use the bp twice a day (It was quite harsh). One thing you should know about bp is that in the beginning you are going to peel down a lot , but nowdays (almost a year later) I use it almost once a day (sometimes I skip a day by accident) and I don't get even near to peeling and I get about one little pimple every 2 weeks or so (before I use to get one angry pimple per day). My advice is to give it a try, but wait till your skin gets used to it, and also try to use a gentle cleanser that doesn't have sls.

Benzole peroxide will work
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

There are few acne products that actually produce effective results this is one of them. If you are like me and have had acne for many years then you would also have accumulated a lot of info on products and what actually has evidence of working. Benzole peroxide does work. Will it work for everyone? No.. because people's faces and skin differ. People can be severely sensitive to certain products natural or otherwise. You have to read up as much as you can. And you have to try things to see of they will work for you. This product is definitely worth it to try out. This brand ? Well you can get cheaper forms so it's up to you. So more about my skin:

I'm 25 been off the pill for 1 year and 3 months have acne. Oily tzone mostly white heads on cheeks with occasional cystic sore deep ones. I followed my own regimen of bioderma sensibio h2o followed by duac and go to bed . Next morning bioderma and sunscreen. Leave the scrubbing and abrasive washes be and keep things simple. I'm not 100% clear and I have hiper pigmentation scars but I'm much better than I have ever been off the pill.