Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 106 reviews

Benzoyl peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Benzole peroxide will work
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

There are few acne products that actually produce effective results this is one of them. If you are like me and have had acne for many years then you would also have accumulated a lot of info on products and what actually has evidence of working. Benzole peroxide does work. Will it work for everyone? No.. because people's faces and skin differ. People can be severely sensitive to certain products natural or otherwise. You have to read up as much as you can. And you have to try things to see of they will work for you. This product is definitely worth it to try out. This brand ? Well you can get cheaper forms so it's up to you. So more about my skin:

I'm 25 been off the pill for 1 year and 3 months have acne. Oily tzone mostly white heads on cheeks with occasional cystic sore deep ones. I followed my own regimen of bioderma sensibio h2o followed by duac and go to bed . Next morning bioderma and sunscreen. Leave the scrubbing and abrasive washes be and keep things simple. I'm not 100% clear and I have hiper pigmentation scars but I'm much better than I have ever been off the pill.

READ and you'll have no problem
Reviewed on April 29, 2014

tried proactive for two years its expensive and made no difference, been using benzac for less than a week and it has cleared up all the pimples and all the scabs that i had and nothing new has shown up, and for the same size tube its a third of the price, just make sure that like with all medication you read the information that comes with the tube of gel, i have read some of these reviews saying that they went red and swollen and dry around nose and eyes . . . . . um if you read the info it tells you not to put the cream on sensitive areas around the nose and eyes . . . . .READ and you will be fine, it can feel a little warming but i have had no redness, itching or anything even though i admit i did not obey the rules of the info and i left it on overnight from day dot, hey i'm alive to tell the tale and no complaints :)

Not a fan
Reviewed on April 23, 2014

I have used Proactiv in the past and that actually gave me flawless skin. Altough I stopped using as it wasnt very cost effective, so i decided to switch to more natural/non-harsh products.

The best Ive found is using QV Wash as a cleanser and Goats Milk moisturiser (can get at chemists or chemist warehouse).

But I ran out of both and completely broke out and they didnt have any of my moisturiser left so I bought Benzac AC 5% gel instead.

I didnt do anything for me and just left an uncomfortable film on my face.

Harsh for regimen use
Reviewed on April 17, 2014

The 5% proved to be as effective as 2.5% in controlling acne, but the formula was harsh on the skin, it left my whole face red and tingly.

It leads me to believe that this concentration is intended for thicker skin, but even then, I would recommend using this on specific areas of persistent acne rather than applying on whole face.

Trick not to get redness and itchiness
Reviewed on January 15, 2014

My secret is to put Benzac OVER the moisturizer. After shower I wait 5 min before putting on Benzac, guess what, by that time skin is already dried out:( so Benzac plus, here we go red and itchy skin:) moisturizer after didn't save me:)

So my way, after shower I use my moisturizer on NOT completely dried out skin. THEN wait 5-15 min and then apply generously Benzac. That way I completely avoid ALL dryness, redness, itchiness:) Probably it's not completely absorbed by skin, but it's OK, cos smth. IS absorbed and NO irritation at all:) Warning: IF irritation occurs just change the moisturizer, some of them react badly with Benzac. I use nuxe prodigieuse light or creme fraishe light- works great. Worked terrible though with nuxe nirvanesque light - got irritation:)

Works like an acne bomb!
Reviewed on October 15, 2013

I was using a product for my acne. It wasn't very bad on my face but it was insane on my back and under my neck. I could hide it with some clothes, but I was running out of them, and of course as it was summer so my friends and I wanted to swim, but I was too ashamed to wear a bikini. I used a product recommended by loads of people for about two months but it just got worse! Everything looked red and bumpy. I bought benzac, and I've only used it for a week, I can barely see any marks or pimples on my skin! I feel so much more confident. I'd defenitely recommend it to any teenager! I'm fifteen , so anyone near my age is welcome to try it.

Controls acne, but doesn't get rid of it completely
Reviewed on September 5, 2013

When I was in Russia for two months, I did not take any acne treatments with me from the US, thinking that I will just buy something in Russia. I used proactive for like a year, and didn't take it with me to Russia. When I got to Russia, I literally could not find any benzoyl peroxide treatments in stores! All they had were washes and creams with salicylic acid. BUT, I went to a pharmacy, and they did have benzac ac 5%! It was the only benzoyl peroxide treatment I could find anywhere in Russia, so I had no choice but to buy it, because by that time, I had really bad breakouts and my acne was out of control after I stopped using all acne treatments (which were mostly proactiv, but I'm not saying proactiv is bad. I'm just saying I stopped using every acne treatment for a couple weeks).

I bought benzac ac 5%, and finally my acne was back in control! I got rid of acne on my cheeks, and it significantly reduced acne on my forehead, but didn't get rid of it completely. It didn't get rid of my whiteheads on my chin though. And it REALLY dried out the skin and made it flaky. I had to use moisturizer like twice a day, and had to put on a couple of layers each time. I used it with clearasil ultra face wash (which has 2% salicylic acid, but it was fine on my skin combining these two products), and a non-comedogenic moisturizer with spf 15 (it was a Russian moisturizer, but I looked up all the ingredients that were in it, and it was non-comedogenic for the most part but it had tocopherol).

The acne on my cheeks went away after a week or so of using it (and it was just a few pimples), but the acne on my forehead just reduced, but didn't go away. After a month of using it, the results are the same, acne doesn't go away completely, but it is in control. Doesn't get rid of whiteheads though.

Would've given it a 4.5; A truly wonderful product!
Reviewed on August 28, 2013

I've used the Benzac AC 5% for a little less than 11 weeks now and from the first day I've used it compared to now, it truly is amazing. Now I only gave it a 4.5 rating because it didn't really "clear" everything up. I'd say I'm about 90%-95% clear but I've moved on to the 10% variant to try my luck, hopefully it works. I really love this product and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Reviewed on April 9, 2013

5.rub benzac cream into affected areas

(6. put makeup on)

voila no dry face. these steps work. don't do step 6 if night time (:

Reviewed on November 7, 2012

I've been using the benzoyl peroxide 5% since i cant seem to find the 2.5% in our local pharmacy.

Been waiting for my acne.org products but i can't wait to start so i've been using this and somehow it lessened the number of growth of my acne. I think it would have been better if i used the Benzac 2.5% and maybe my face would be less red, dry and flaky