Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 57 reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzoyl peroxide (2.5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Cleared my acne
Reviewed on July 3, 2016

I had raised skin colored bumps on my forehead which created a very uneven skin texture. whenever I stood under a light the bumps on my forehead would become really obvious especially since I have oily skin. I used benzac ac every night and at first the bumps turned red and became pimples which I assumed was the skin purging so I continued with it. my skin did start to dry out after a while so sometimes I would apply cetaphil moisturizer instead of benzac at night. by week 3 there was a noticeable difference as my skin slowly started to smoothen out. after a month all the bumps are now gone and my forehead looks a lot better. definitely worked for me so do try it out to see if it works for u!!

it
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

i have moderate acne after been using this 2 weeks it works!! it clears all my acne i usually apply it 10mins before shower and use clinda-M after shower and only sunblock lotion in morning

by JenkinRock on 05/18/2016 19:28
Which lotion you used..?
Apply Benzac AC + Cetaphil moisturizer
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

Hello! I'm new to the Regimen and have just begun using benzoyl peroxide this week. After washing my face at night, i allow my skin to dry, then apply benzoyl peroxide. After about 15 min, I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream. I expect my dry skin to feel relieved from the cream, but gradually the burning and itching sensation increases. It is really difficult not to rub or scratch my skin when this happens.

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the cetaphil cream? I was wondering if maybe it reacted with the BP

bye bye pimples.... :D
Reviewed on July 27, 2015

Hi frnds... I ve been suffering with this acne for almost 6 to 7 yrs. Yes ! I ve tried being natural and chemical.... To be honest I wasted my money... The result was I kindled those sleeping volcanoes... It was during my engagement tat all broke out... Obviously pics we're ugly... Later I was prescribed to use benzac ac 2.5% in the morn and evening ... Clindac a gel during the night... After a week... To b honest I hated to even peep into the mirror cuz my skin was so dry... But I continued cuz my pimples were vanishing... Again I tel u... Pimples will vanish with those but scars should be treated separately... Cuz u cannot expect a coffee directly from a cow... Ingredients come from different resources in order to have an awesome coffee.... Coffee = skin... Tc frnds...

It's okay
Reviewed on June 27, 2015

I've recently started using benzac 2.5. It's been about 2 weeks now and I haven't noticed any big changes other then my face been really dry. I went to the doctors and got prescribed a cream called differin and my doctor told me to use it along with my benzac cleanser and benzac gel. I was told to use this for a month and see how my skin goes but as some people are saying they've had results in the first week but yeah i recommend this product but just be aware of how dry it will make your face I find it burns even to put makeup on

Every skin type is different so might as well give it a try

by uri1234 on 09/14/2015 11:55
I had the same experience when I just started using Benzac. Only after about one month or so, it started working. Its been about 2.5 months now, and I had about 2-3 pimple, which were very minor and passed quickly. P.S Make sure to apply sunscreen when you start using BP, because it makes your skin super sensitive and prone to PIH!!
by Tai27 on 11/14/2015 14:43
Hi Gemma, I'd use a different cleanser because the cleanser you're using has fragrance in it.. It lists 'perfume' as one of the ingredients and then in brackets.. the ingredients in 'perfume' aren't all so great.. Maybe find something a bit more gentle.. or at least doesn't have fragrance, bad alcohols and essential oils..
It worked!
Reviewed on April 13, 2015

I have mild acne and get breakouts all the time. Im mostly healthy and active, I work out 3-4 times a week, eat healthy besides the chocolate addiction. So I was always frustrated that my face wasn't looking healthy. My face is very oily and Ive tried everything on my face from home made to prescription to just over the counter products and nothing has worked. Until Benzac AC benzoyl peroxide. Changed my attitude gave me confidence because its cleared everything up in just 2 weeks. I bought this randomly because I thought why not and plus it was on sale at priceline. I bought the benzac 5% gel wash the benzoyl peroxide 2.5% and then the benzac moisturiser. My acne cleared up after the first wash i was surprised. It dried my face a lot and i started peeling after a few days but that went away a couple days later. I have sensitive skin but no pain whatever or itchiness as I've read some people get. My routine was morning wash face,put benzoyl then put moisturiser. AT night wash face and just the benzoyl no moisturiser. At the start I put the Benzoyl all over my face but now I'm just putting it on the random pimples on my face. I also want to point out that even though my face was clearing fast I did get big pimples the ones that are hidden but hurt at the very beginning say say 2 of using the products but they cleared up within 3 days. Patience and you'll see a difference. I took before and after photos so there was a major change for me.

It change my Life
Reviewed on January 6, 2015

before this i have really bad acne which to sometimes make me lock myself in my room, wont social around with friend until i miss my brother wedding due to acne problem, my self confident drop significantly since before this i have just a normal skin and little breakout sometimes. sometimes when i look into mirror i feel like crying and screaming inside my heart... until 1 day i read on internet on benzyl peroxide particularly in acne.org... but in Malaysia, the product not sale here.. so to replace it i try benzac ac 2.5%.. why i cjoose 2.5% because on rivew and researc in acne.org... they suggest to use 2.5%.. then i buy it on local pharmacy.... now.. my face much more and more clearer... with just only breakout sometimes.. not like before... everyday when i woke up,,, there must be a new breakout onto my face... for my cleanser, i use cethapill oily skin clenaser... this help me a lot.. i also prescribe accutane .. i get it from my dermatologist since it is a control drug... i feel happy now

by melaka man on 08/05/2015 16:13
for a accutane, how can i get it?
My HONEST opinion. PLEASE READ.
Reviewed on September 17, 2014

Taken time off from studying for my finals to write this.. I really do wanna help people who are suffering from the same problem that I was. I had a clear face all my life. Last year, when I was in grade 9, I started getting 1/2 pimples on my face as usual which would disappear within a few days. Only this time, it didn't disappear. I thought nothing of it and just thought it would go away in maybe a week or something. It didn't. There began to be more pimples on my cheeks. They were really small and yeah. But at that time, these really small pimples and just a few of them were a big deal to me considering I had a clear face all my life. So This year, during June I decided to read up on acne. I knew the products that helped people, watched lots of videos, knew about the regimen and sh*t like that. I then decided to use one of the cheapest methods, which is baking soda. I did not want to try using lemon At that time. I really don't know why but I just thought it would probably feel disgusting on my face. So I did the baking soda treatment and it helped a lot. Like a lot. People were telling me that my pimples had improved A LOT but it wasn't really going away. Then, I decided to use tea tree oil which I got from the face shop. god damn. It didn't do sh*t. Not even 1 bit. I got pissed off and tried another famous treatment, apple cider vinegar. I accidentally used the processed one instead of the organic one and man that RUINED my face and caused acne. This was during my school holidays and when I got back to school after a month of holidays, my face was SO BAD I was so insecure. People were telling me my face looked REALLY BAD. It did. There were pus everywhere and omg it looked really bad. People were getting shocked upon seeing my face- including relatives and strangers. It was a whole bunch of sh*t. I used the apple cider vinegar only ONCE and it f**ked up my face so bad. My low self esteem prevented me from studying for my finals which are in a month. Enough was enough. At the end of June, I went to see the doctor. I had ENOUGH. The doctor took one look at my pimples and provided me with antibiotics, benzac ac (benzoyl peroxide 2.5%) and a differin gel. I was supposed to use the antibiotics after breakfast each morning and the Benzoyl peroxide twice a day(in the afternoon and at night) and the differin gel only once - night. They said I Would see results after 1/2 weeks. Well the first two days I used benzoyl peroxide, it was alright.

After that, it LITERALLY BURNED my skin for a few days. This too was normal after reading its reviews online. It stopped more pimples from developing immediately. I was so impatient and was taking like hundreds of pictures daily just to see if it was improving. It did improve a little bit after 2 weeks. I kept annoying my friends for about 2 months asking them whether my pimples were clearing or not. They got so annoyed lmao. But anyways, back to where I was. So after a month, they said you would see more improvement. At this point yeah, I did. Just a little improvement. I was so sad. I thought it was not going to improve a lot. I thought my acne would never cure. I was just so so upset. I stopped using the differin because honestly I just thought it was useless. I've now been using benzoyl peroxide twice a day for 10 weeks. Exactly 10 weeks. People say after 8 weeks I will finally see my acne clearing. Did I? HELL YES. There were literally no more pimples on my face. NO MORE. Just hyper pigmentation marks which too would go away. My friends were shocked at how quickly my acne was improving. I stopped eating the antibiotics after 6 weeks perhaps because it was so hard to eat it during school. I just never stopped the benzoyl peroxide. So, now there are literally just hyper pigmentation marks on my skin and it looks so good now as compared to before. I remember reading the reviews of benzoyl peroxide and it said during 8-10 weeks my benzoyl peroxide efforts would FINALLY pay off and only hyper pigmentation marks would remain and this was true. Literally true. And after 12 weeks my face would look really clear. So, I am waiting eagerly for 12 weeks hehe. Even if it doesn't clear by then, it'll go away slowly because the marks are becoming so light omg!! I can't express how happy I am. PLEASE I'LL SHOW U how bad my acne was, and how it is now. Kik me at slaket for pictures or email me at at ashvin1998@[link removed] or tweet me at @frxcked. Benzoyl peroxide saved my life. Anyone feeling really sh*tty right now, trust ME. I felt the exact same thing. Wait for 10 weeks. The patience pays off. I was really impatient but now I'm just so so happy. I'm going to thank my doctor when I see her.

mostly works
Reviewed on July 25, 2014

This has mostly cleared up my skin in 3 months, but I still get a cystic pimple on my chin every month when it's that time. It works well, and has kept most of my acne at bay and evened out my skintone (less redness). I suffered from the occasional flakyness at first, but it wasn't unmanagable. But it seems to me that since I've been using this, I have more blackheads on my nose? It's like they got to the surface and are more visible now. I tried pore strips but they won't come out, and I can't extract one by one. Has anyone had this problem?

I need to share my Testimony.
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

I am not really fan of writing reviews for any product but I think I should share to other acne sufferers how benzac totally healed my acne.

WHEN i was in college, i just have 1-3 zits and its manageable not until the age of 24, I started getting cystic acne on my cheeks, then it became unmanageable. I needed to wear make ups to cover it. It really lowered my confidence /self esteem. I tried a lot of home remedies but i didnt stick to any of it as it seem not working. I went to a dermatologist and prescribed me tetralysal so I took that medication religiously for 2 mos. It controlled my acne tremendously but not totally. I fought with the scars then. But after 4-5months it came back worst than ever. I tried a lot of vitamins to control it, to reverse hormonal imbalance. Fish oil, vitamin d3, etc etc. I tried also some facial creams but nothing worked until i have read about this product. I just tried. I started with 5% , I experieced the painful sensation ESPECIALLY in the area surrounding my eyes, i should aavoid putting the gel there. I got, flaking and dryness but all subsided after a week or so and my skin got used to the medicine. It didn't totally controlled my acne but I can see improvements, I decided to shift to 10% and bought the bigger size tube. I think it was just 2-3 weeks and I never had any pimple again til now. It's almost 2months. I use it with olay moisturizer, first the regenerist but it was expensive so i switched to olay white radiance coz what i need is moisturizing and fading of scars. Now I dont need much make up. Jist a bit to conceal some acne marks. 4-6 marks left and its getting lighter each day. I hope acne will be forever controlled. I will just be using this product as spot treatment .

I thank God for healing me. Its not really this gel or what, God is the real healer. This is just an instrument for my healing. So just pray. GOD WILL HEAL YOU.