Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Gel reviews

4.4/5 - 26 reviews

Brand: Benzac AC

Benzoyl peroxide (10%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Acne be gone
Reviewed on April 9, 2017

I had a very bad skin for the past few years. I never thought that Benzac could clear up my skin! The 10% concentration can also remove acne marks magically!

I've been using it for over 3 years. It's been a pleasant experience.
Reviewed on September 9, 2016

This has been my go to product in combating acne for the past 3 years (I started with the 5%). It's not the kindest product when you first start your regimen but it delivers when you stick with it. I'm about 95% cleared now, I still get zits here and there but I've come a long way before I started using Benzac AC. There were times when I wanted to move on to another product, I'm just thankful that I didn't and I'm still using it today. Now, not everybody may have the same experience as I did, from what I understand, it varies from person to person. Still, I'd recommend giving this a try for a couple months.

really great
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I have always suffered with having constant breakouts of three or four pimples, and just as they start to go away, I just seem to break out again. I started with the 2.5% and now use 10%, however I only use it actually on a pimple, not on any other skin as it does make it really dry.

I also only use it at night as it puts like a white powder over the area where it is applied :)

be careful
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

I have dealt with really nasty hormonal acne recently, cysts and nasty pustules covering my chin, almost all of both cheeks, jaw line and scattering around my forehead. I used all natural products like salt and honey for two weeks which did help but called for patience, halving the severity in this time. After getting really impatient I picked up a tube of this and Phisohex with hopes for the best. Using the wash twice a day and the gel at night by its self as I have quite oily skin. I am now up to day four of them and my skin is really chemically burnt as I have not allowed my skin to built a tolerance, despite this it has been amazing for clearing my skin. Excellent products, I just need to give them a few days break.

Skin savior
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

Have been using Benzac AC incrementally for about a year, finally landing at 10 percent and my god, does it work.

Sometimes I opt to buy the 5 percent every now and then so as to not build up a tolerance to it, which does the trick.

Not entirely sure what the effect of such concentrated BP will be in the longterm, but right now it's just what I need.

Amazing product. That's all I can say.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I've been using this product for 9 weeks now, ten weeks after I started the 5% one. I've seen great results from the 5% but it really didn't clear me out 100%, more like 95% so I tried this out and thank heavens I did. Since using this, I've only had 4 pimples (small ones), can you imagine that? 4 pimples in 9 weeks, that's crazy! I suffer from moderate to severely moderate acne but this benzac line really saved me. I super recommend this product!

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Great for mild and moderate acne, best treatment so far!

Juli, PTY
Reviewed on December 8, 2011

It works! I´ve tried everything available, Accutane, Doxy, SA, BP, home made remedies, expensive dermatologists and nothing even comes close to good as this. It cleared my acne in 3 weeks. I still have one occasional breakout, but nowhere near as bad as before. I love this product and highly recommend it to people who have tried everything.

Reviewed on December 21, 2009

It's great, cheap but works very well. It takes away your acne.

riman, israel
Reviewed on December 5, 2009

been using it for 3 days and it really works.. love it!