Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Gel reviews

4.3/5 - 22 reviews

Benzoyl peroxide (10%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, silicon dioxide and purified water, citric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjust pH.

Skin savior
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

Have been using Benzac AC incrementally for about a year, finally landing at 10 percent and my god, does it work.

Sometimes I opt to buy the 5 percent every now and then so as to not build up a tolerance to it, which does the trick.

Not entirely sure what the effect of such concentrated BP will be in the longterm, but right now it's just what I need.

Amazing product. That's all I can say.
Reviewed on October 24, 2013

I've been using this product for 9 weeks now, ten weeks after I started the 5% one. I've seen great results from the 5% but it really didn't clear me out 100%, more like 95% so I tried this out and thank heavens I did. Since using this, I've only had 4 pimples (small ones), can you imagine that? 4 pimples in 9 weeks, that's crazy! I suffer from moderate to severely moderate acne but this benzac line really saved me. I super recommend this product!

Reviewed on April 10, 2013

Great for mild and moderate acne, best treatment so far!

Reviewed on December 8, 2011

It works! I´ve tried everything available, Accutane, Doxy, SA, BP, home made remedies, expensive dermatologists and nothing even comes close to good as this. It cleared my acne in 3 weeks. I still have one occasional breakout, but nowhere near as bad as before. I love this product and highly recommend it to people who have tried everything.

Reviewed on December 21, 2009

It's great, cheap but works very well. It takes away your acne.

Reviewed on December 5, 2009

been using it for 3 days and it really works.. love it!

Reviewed on October 27, 2009

This stuff works great. It is very drying, but that's why it works. I was using just the straight up 10%, then I tried adding about 15 drops of tea tree oil to the remaining 2/3 or so of the tube I had left, which made it seem to work even better. I have incredibly oily skin, and I even found it too drying to use every day, so I use it on my entire face every other day, and then use it as a spot treatment every day (sometimes 2x for really nasty ones). It has done a tremendous job with no side-effects (other than dryness and mild light-sensitivity). It is incredibly expensive to buy in the US for what it is (about $40 a bottle without insurance, and still about $15-20 with because it isn't a generic), and doctors tend not to prescribe it over other topicals. So I just buy mine in Mexico for about $7/tube (still made in Galderma's French factory). Pretty awesome stuff.

Reviewed on October 24, 2009

I use it twice a day morining and night after using proactiv. Woks life a miracle to me. Proactiv alone won't work but with this product it will. I use an SPF 15 moisturizer to remove the dryness and flakyness.

Reviewed on October 15, 2009

Keep It On YOur Face ABout 15 Minutes Then Wash your Face

Dont You Ever Leave Any Cream On Your Face

When You Use Any Cream Then Always Wash Your Face.

Reviewed on September 20, 2009

I've been using it for about 2 years and it works very well on my skin. I use it on my arms and on my face whenever I have a pimple.