Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation reviews

4/5 - 1 review

Brand: Becca

Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499.

BECCA Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation - Tobacco
BECCA Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation - Cacao by Becca Cosmetics
BECCA Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation - Shell

Nearly perfect...
Reviewed on June 1, 2016

Lately I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation. I have extremely oily and also sensitive skin. I also like my cosmetics to be aluminum-free, which this foundation is. Overall, it's an amazing product. I'll start with its very few cons...

The application takes a bit of patience. The foundation is thick and moussey to the touch, and feels pleasantly like a powder in the face, but it's not the easiest to work with. It must be applied in sections, because it dried quickly. The sections must then, of course, be blended together. A damp beauty blender is best. A silicone-based primer helps with the with the slip as well, though it does work with a water-based primer. The second drawback, at least the way I see it, is coverage. I like ful, if not downright heavy coverage. This is a solid medium, buildable to full, but still natural looking, which I don't necessarily like. That's why I took off a star. However, there are so many good things about the foundation...

It is MATTE. So matte, I recommend it only for the oiliest skin. The color selection is ideal for neutral skin tones, but because of this, it can also be easily warmed or cooled with the addition of powder. Speaking of which, I set this foundation with MUFE duo-mat, which gives me my yellow undertone back. The foundation performs just as well without powder, though, and does not break at all, even in the t-zone, after a whole day of wear. It does not oxidize, either, and perhaps best of all, it doesn't break me out. If anything, I've seen an improvement in my skin.

Love this foundation <3