BeautySkin Acne Lamp reviews

4.2/5 - 16 reviews

Brand: BeautySkin

Reviewed on December 25, 2011

I gave it a 5 stars because even though the initial price is steep it sure beats Derm visit costs. And also because it gives you the benefits of the sun but without the risk of sun damage.

Not sure if seed like whiteheads were from Beautyskin but I didn't have them before using this. It is just that I started trying other things too around the same time... like putting neem powder/manuka honey on my skin & drinking green tea. So like I said not sure where the little seed like white heads are coming from.

It was not a cure all for me. I also cleaned up my diet (NO SUGAR!! No dairy & No gluten) & I am also trying to go to bed earlier. And I am also getting outside for more natural sunlight (not sunbathing or baking or anything). And I brought a toxic relationship to a closure. Im sure all those things helped me from going from mean painful red cysts (1 or 2/week) (+ a few smaller ones too) to little pimples (3 per week). Bottom Line: I LOVE MY BEAUTY SKIN box

Reviewed on August 13, 2011

As other reviewers have said, this regimen works, but I couldn't get into the routine.

I'm actually trying to sell mine because I really can't afford it as a periodic treatment, so if anyone else is interested, I have it listed on ebay at: [link removed]

Reviewed on June 28, 2011

I credit this acne lamp with doing wonders for my skin. I have been using it for about a year, with a 4-5 month break inbetween when I went on antibiotics (bad idea - the pills didn't do anything - I should have stayed with this).

Whilst not the most user-friendly, especially if you're tired, using it for just 15 minutes a day has really made a difference to my skin. I started noticing results at around a month and best of all, there was no purging process. It was literally like all my active and dormant pimples dried up and never had the chance to see the light of day (excuse the pun).

For the last 4 months I have been using this in conjunction with Skinoren cream (see my review for that separately) and between these two I think I have finally found a regimen that works for me. I have struggled for years and tried so many antibiotics it's unreal.

I was one step away from roaccutane when I decided to throw caution to the wind and try this, having read a few reviews online. Luckily I found a second hand one on eBay for £50, although I would have paid much more as it is definitely worth it once you count up all the prescriptions, creams etc.

My doctor hadn't even heard of UV therapy when I broached the subject with him, but even he is impressed with my progress. I still get hormonal pimples but these are tiny and generally go away in a few days. Nothing like the big, painful lumps I used to have for weeks at a time.

I hope this review is helpful and if you're um-ing and ah-ing over whether or not to buy one, I would say go for it. Worse case scenario it doesn't work but at least you don't have any physical side effects (like BP, Retin A et al can do) and can easily sell it on again at a fair price.

Reviewed on April 12, 2010

I don't know if this works for all types of acne, but it worked really well for me and I have had acne for at least 17 years (I'm now 30). I've gone to many dermatologists and tried EVERY imaginable product or method to treat it. After noticing that my acne always improved immediately (to the point of totally clear skin) after vacationing in the sun, I thought that a skin lamp might be most effective. Fortunately, I was right! I was lucky to find the lamp on Ebay for only $70.00 (including shipping), I still would've paid $250.00 for it (which is the original price). If it doesn't work for you, you could probably re-sell it online, as well. Anyway, as you can see, I can't say enough good things about this product! IT WORKS! :)

Reviewed on November 5, 2009

This lamp actually works to treat acne. Takes some time, and you have to do the treatment EVERY day. I'm travelling a lot in the weekends, so sometimes I had to start over new.. If you tend to clear up during the summer, this might help you get rid of most of your acne.

Reviewed on October 29, 2009

I tried it for about a month but didn't notice much of a change in oily skin and acne. It may have helped a little, but not so much that I would notice it, and so was not worth it to me. Maybe I was too hasty but I returned it.

Reviewed on July 9, 2009

really works

pricy but well worth it (think how much money you waste on other useless stuff!)

be dedicated and you will get results

i combine this with duac cream which i put on after using the lamp and before bed- my skin has never been better and i am one of those tried everything and nothing works ive had acne for ever! people.

Reviewed on July 1, 2009

Would recommend this over anything else i have tried.

Reviewed on June 11, 2009

I have used this religiously for 4 months and... nothing. It is good for some people so I'd say: give it a try. It might work for you and at least it does not have any nasty side-effects.

Reviewed on June 3, 2009

This is defo a must if you have used everything from pills to creams for your acne/spots/greasy skin as it does make a difference. Also if your acne is better when you are in the sun then this is good for you but without the UV rays to worry about. It may take a few weeks to notice a slight change but if you have the patience and time then this is for you. Very very recommend!!!!