Page 5 of Basis Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.1/5 - 47 reviews

Brand: Basis

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Water (Triple Purified), Glycerin, Petrolatum, Almond Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Thiosulfate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Cyclopentadecanolide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera).

basis sensitive skin bar soap, 4 oz
updated: 10/31/2014 16:04 UTC
basis Sensitive Skin Bar, Cleans + Soothes, 4-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 10/31/2014 16:04 UTC

Reviewed on September 7, 2007

For a soap that says it's for sensitive skin, it dried out my face and made it feel tight, even after I applied moisturizer. The packaging also says it's non-comedogenic, but it contains lanolin and beeswax, two ingredients that I suspect, from using other products with these ingredients, causes me to break out. I'm going back to Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar.

Reviewed on August 31, 2007

I would not buy this soap again...I'll stick with Purpose.

Reviewed on August 10, 2007

Normally when I use a facial cleanser that doesnt agree with me, I will break out from it the same day. Ive only been using it since yesterday (8/9/07) and so far I love it! I havent broken out from it and my face doesnt itch like most cleansers Ive used. The redness on my cheeks has already subsided. I just ordered Dans cleanser so Im gonna rotate between his cleanser, this bar soap, and maybe use Aqua glycolic a couple of times a week.

Reviewed on June 26, 2007

Not a good choice for snsitive skin.

Reviewed on April 9, 2007

Try it! it works great & i can't get over how cheap it was!

Reviewed on January 31, 2007

Have used this for years (especially in the summer months) and have no complaints. It's mild, it cleanses well, and never causes irritation or breakouts for me. It's also cheap as can be. If you're frustrated over your ultra-sensitive skin and tired of searching for a cleanser (especially if the sulfate-based detergents in liquid cleansers do not agree with your skin), then skip all the other beauty bars and try this one first. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed on November 28, 2006

I just hope they never quit making this soap.