Page 2 of Basis Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.3/5 - 47 reviews

Brand: Basis

Basis Sensitive Skin Bar

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Water (Triple Purified), Glycerin, Petrolatum, Almond Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Thiosulfate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Cyclopentadecanolide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera).

basis sensitive skin bar soap, 4 oz
updated: 08/30/2016 02:12 UTC
basis Sensitive Skin Bar, Cleans + Soothes, 4-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 08/30/2016 02:12 UTC
Basis Sensitive Skin Bar Soap - 4 oz (3 pack)

Reviewed on November 18, 2010

I bought the Basis bar when I began the Regimen. Several bars later (and quite a bit of time on the Regimen) My skin was still dry, flaking & cracking! I switched to Cetaphil and in one day fixed that.

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. This bar is a great basic cleanser. I followed Dan's Regimen religiously and I did see significant changes in my complexion. However my face didn't begin to heal completely until I made the switch!

If you're skin chaps easily I wouldn't suggest this bar - but if you aren't hyper sensitive like me ;) It could work well for you!

Reviewed on October 15, 2010

I really like this bar! It's great for acne prone skin. Sooths inflammed skin, and seems to reduce redness. It isn't overly drying. It's got to be dermatologist recommended for a reason....and it's very cheap. Not all products work for all skin types, but I would almost bet this one would does....it's great, give it a try! Good luck!

Reviewed on January 30, 2010

I've been switching off between Basis bar and Purpose. I noticed the Purpose worked well at first, but eventually it dried my skin out and made it red. Basis isn't overly drying so it leaves some oil on the skin which is a good thing if you produce too much oil like myself. Some cleansers for oily skin make my skin produce too much oil and irritated it. The basis bar seems to be somewhat calming to the skin as well.

Reviewed on August 25, 2009

Much better to use than some of the other more expensive products.

Reviewed on July 21, 2009

Buy It. I promise you'll love it!

Reviewed on May 29, 2009

I really like this, it has cleared up my body acne. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth. I am very comfortable using it every day, and it's one of the few products that I keep buying (instead of feeling the urge to try something new). I really don't use it on my face that often due to the fact that it is dries me out. But occasionally if I want to feel really clean I will use it on my face.

Reviewed on April 14, 2009

I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING MODERATE TO SEVERE ACNE FOR MANY YEARS. I AM 36 YRS OLD, AND AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY SON WHO IS GOING TO BE 16, MY SKIN WENT CRAZY! I HAVE TRIED EVERY PRESCRIBED REMEDY, OTC PRODUCTS, DIET CHANGES, PROACTIVE, THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT HAS KEPT MY SKIN CLEAR! USE A FRAGRANCE FREE MOISTURIZER AFTERWARDS, AS SOMETIMES IT'S A LITTLE DRYING, BUT THIS IS WHAT WORKS!

Reviewed on February 17, 2009

I use this product with Dan's BP, and CeraVe Moisturizer. If you want a clean feeling afterwards, use this. I love the way it makes my skin feel. I may mix it with a dab of BP cleanser later on though.But its a really good bar. I love it.

Reviewed on February 3, 2009

The is the best face wash ever. Its nice and gental but powerful enough to clean and keep my acne under control. I use with ''The Regimen''. Unlike ever other products clame it really leaves you skin smooth, comftable, relaxed, and over all not IRRITATED. It may dry a little but with a good moisturize you will be perfectly fine.

Reviewed on December 2, 2008

I love the Basis bar... it's not an acne treatment but it is very gentle and cleanses very well. I use it with Benzoyl Peroxide and it works better than any of the expensive crap. I only moisturize in the morning and my skin isn't usually dried out unless I used the BP the night before. I have tried EVERYTHING and I will likely always use this cleanser- it seems to keep my skin pretty calm.