Basis Sensitive Skin Bar reviews

4.1/5 - 47 reviews

Brand: Basis

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate (Palm Kernel Oil), Water (Triple Purified), Glycerin, Petrolatum, Almond Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Thiosulfate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Cyclopentadecanolide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera).

basis sensitive skin bar soap, 4 oz
updated: 07/23/2014 15:17 UTC
basis Sensitive Skin Bar, Cleans + Soothes, 4-Ounce Bars (Pack of 6)
updated: 07/23/2014 15:17 UTC

Good, but drying
Reviewed on June 26, 2013

This is a very good bar. It is gentle, hasn't caused me any breakouts in the year that I've used it, and it lathers very nicely. The only problem I have with it is that it dries out my skin, and it gets pretty bad in the winter. Really good bar besides that though, and it's not expensive either. I would give it a 5, but the over-drying of my skin can get pretty annoying.

The best bar I have found to use with The Regimen
Reviewed on May 31, 2013

While it may not lather quite as well as the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, this bar does generate a nice, thick lather which makes moving the hands across the skin easy and non-irritating. It cleanses the skin without over-drying and is very affordable. The lather also works great as a shave "cream."

The reason this is my favorite bar is a combination of the above plus the fact that it is unscented! Bravo to Beiersdorf, Inc., the company that makes Basis, for leaving this bar without added scent. Much appreciated.

Reviewed on February 13, 2012

It's really good. It makes you feel clean & fresh throughout the whole day, & your skin spears brighter & smoother !

Reviewed on September 20, 2011

I just wanted something simple to not overload my skin with chemicals. This was very good, but it definitely left a "squeaky clean" feeling. I am usually not picking about that stuff, but I know some people don't like that. However, you HAVE to use a moisturizer with this. No doubt. This IS soap, anyway, and will dry out your skin. I didn't realize how--average, I guess--this was until I switched to the Basis Vitamin Bar. That is excellent! It hydrates the skin and makes it so smooth :) I like this, but the vitamin bar is amazing.

Reviewed on April 4, 2011

This is a nice soap to use if you have a good acne treatment. Like something internally to get rid of acne. Or if you have less severe acne you can use this with a topical acne lotion. This bar of soap is pretty cheap and good to use on your whole body to keep it nice, clear and soft.

Reviewed on February 5, 2011

I bought this bar based on these reviews that i read 2 nights ago. I am very disappointed that this did not work out for me because I had high hopes for basis.

Reviewed on November 18, 2010

I bought the Basis bar when I began the Regimen. Several bars later (and quite a bit of time on the Regimen) My skin was still dry, flaking & cracking! I switched to Cetaphil and in one day fixed that.

I have ridiculously sensitive skin. This bar is a great basic cleanser. I followed Dan's Regimen religiously and I did see significant changes in my complexion. However my face didn't begin to heal completely until I made the switch!

If you're skin chaps easily I wouldn't suggest this bar - but if you aren't hyper sensitive like me ;) It could work well for you!

Reviewed on October 15, 2010

I really like this bar! It's great for acne prone skin. Sooths inflammed skin, and seems to reduce redness. It isn't overly drying. It's got to be dermatologist recommended for a reason....and it's very cheap. Not all products work for all skin types, but I would almost bet this one would does....it's great, give it a try! Good luck!

Reviewed on January 30, 2010

I've been switching off between Basis bar and Purpose. I noticed the Purpose worked well at first, but eventually it dried my skin out and made it red. Basis isn't overly drying so it leaves some oil on the skin which is a good thing if you produce too much oil like myself. Some cleansers for oily skin make my skin produce too much oil and irritated it. The basis bar seems to be somewhat calming to the skin as well.

Reviewed on August 25, 2009

Much better to use than some of the other more expensive products.