Basic Nutrition Aloe Vera Herbal Extract

Average price: $4.80

Brand: Basic Nutrition

Most helpful review

By ak, new york, ny on 10/18/2012

Natural. I have tried many medications and have stopped all of them recently and all for the better. My body and face feel much better since using natural products. One of them is aloe vera gel. It may not work miraculously, but realistically speaking no acne treatment does. Aloe vera cools the face, seeps into the skin and helps heal the scars quickly. It gets rid of redness. My routine is to wash the face twice a day (I use purpose and at least 2-3 days out of the week I use salt water) I apply witch hazel and rose water, then the aloe vera gel and then use argan oil as a moisturizer. So far it's made my face feel clean and I have had very little breakouts since this routine..

Pros:
  • Cools skin
  • Reduces redness
  • Makes pores smaller
  • Natural (no chemicals)
  • Reduces hyperpigmentation (veryyy slowly though)
Cons:
  • Slow to get rid of acne/hyperpigmentation

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful

Aloe Vera leaf extract.

Member reviews

By on

I don't understand how these people are getting such weird side-effects, if they're using the plant and not the store-bought gel, which could easily have a lot of chemicals which cause allergic reactions. You should just sleep with it on your face at night, don't keep it on your face all day and go into public with aloe goo on your face... I know you want to heal your skin, but of course you're going to have problems that way.

Pros

• Heals scars, leaves skin smooth, no bad smell, natural, fool-proof, free for me because I just stole a few pieces from a neighbor's yard.

Cons

• Doesn't necessarily reduce actual acne, though it improves appearance of the skin and fades flaws.
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use aloe leaves straight from my plants or buy giant ones for 1$ each at my local grocery. I split out the thorns from the two sides and cut them into rectangular pieces and divide those pieces into small squares. I then peel off a side of the square and rub it all over my face. The cooling effect is instantaneous, I couldn't believe my eyes the next morning! The tone evened out, the swelling reduced dramatically, and the inflammation had calmed greatly.

I continued using it every morning and night, and at first didn't think it was making that much of a difference in my regime, until I went away for a week on a trip without aloe vera. My face freaked, & I was back to horrible, unmanageable skin. The first day I returned I started using aloe again, and my face returned to its controlled stage.

Bottom line is that it won't be a miracle cure, but it helps TREMENDOUSLY in swelling, redness and texture. It's also completely natural so there's nothing to lose

Pros

• all natural!
  • cooling and soothing
  • helps reduce swelling

Cons

• sticky and tightens skin
  • messy
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had used this a while ago on my face for about a week straight and my mom had complimented on how good my skin was looking lately (I have an acne problem, so she likes to let me know the condition lol). I stopped using it regularly and I had issues with my skin again. I thought back on what I was doing when she had said that and realized I had been using aloe vera. I decided just recently to start using it again and I'm pretty excited to see the results.

It helps with redness, which my skin is really light and has a tendency to show small blemished easily due to the color difference. I like aloe vera.

You should try it :)

Pros

• Smells good, cheap (only about $4 for a huge bottle of Banana Boat aloe), good for sensitive skin/ not harsh

Cons

• some people might not like the slightly sticky texture on their face?
  • The only thing I wondered about is whether or not it's naturally non-comedogenic...I wonder if it is or not. If so, that could be an issue.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

even if it doesnt help your acne its awesome for your skin and heals it.

Pros

• awesome!! so healthy for your skin, it works as an astringent and dries your skin a bit but unlike other products you can't over do it with this stuff....it is a magic plant, honestly the best healer in the world...even if it doesnt work on your acne

Cons

• it's good to have around for cuts, scrapes, burns....i grow a plant at home and just break it off and slather it on, i love it!!!! you can buy a plant for about 6 bucks so its def. affordable!
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Start using it! My aunt said her skin improved after using aloe every night!

Pros

• It's helping with my redness and hopefully in the long term use improve the appearance and look of my skin.

Cons

• Sometimes itchy for a little while.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I been using this product for one week and two days, and my skin looks so much better!.

I had a lot of red and brown spots, the red spots are gone and the brown ones are still there, but they're hardly noticeable.

My face is glowing, and the oil of my nose is SO controlled. Im amazed. Right now, my self-steem is so much better. I used to felt like a giraffe because my spots, but the Aloe Vera help me a lot!, and just in one week!, i can't wait to see my face in one month!.

My regimen is very simple, cheap, and natural.

In the morning, after a shower, I apply the aloe vera, directly from the plant. I use glicerin soap. In the afternoon I wash my face and apply again the aloe vera. In the night, I do almost the same thing, but I use brown sugar.

Sometimes I forget apply the aloe vera, but I usually use it twice a day. Please, before buy expensive creams or use any kind of treatment, try the Aloe. It's just a miracle!. I didn't believe it before I used, and now, my skin is

Pros

• Fades scars, red and brown spots, Smooth your skin, Control your acne and oil, help to reduce the inflammation, is cheap, gives to your skin a nice glow, reduce zits and it's wonderful for damage skin (sun burns, irritated skin for waxing, etc)

Cons

• A little sticky, the aplication is difficult, it's really messy. Makes my skin tight.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff is great. I use it straight from the plant. If you can, go to a store that sells plants or get it from the greenhouse in your town/school and use it on your face (Cleopatra did). It will help calm inflammation, and along with a good wash and SPF, it's great. My acne is mild now (used Retin-A/Duac/minocin to clear up moderate acne) and it helps rid of zits and redness within a few days if I get them.

Pros

• It's natural, can be used for almost anything, and even tastes good (if you're hungry)

Cons

• It leaves a waxy and sticky feeling on the skin, but it fades away slowly
  • light
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I tried aloe straight form the plant and it worked wonders but when walking through a store, I saw FOTH 100%aloe gel and I thought it would be easier to manage than the fresh plant. Be careful! The bottled stuff I got said "100% pure aloe vera gel," meaning it was 100% gel, NOT 100% aloe vera. I was apparently allergic to whatever else was in it (which turned out to be a lot when I read the back of the bottle), and my face freaked! Aloe from the plant is amazing; the FOTH gel is not.

Pros

• cheap, natural, feels clean when you put it on

Cons

• none really
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works. For those who say it does not work, you have not given it enough time to work. Its funny how we can wait for as long as 5-6 months for a thing like retin a but not even give 2-3 month time frame to an amazing plant like aloe. I'v been using the plant for about 3 months now and my acne has cleared significantly. Now i do not need to worry about what i eat n all that because skin is getting clear from within. Purging is to be expected because aloe brings the toxins of the skin to the surface. Pls. be patient. As with retin a, give your skin 3 six-week cycles to see results because our skin takes that long to rejuvenate and react to a new product. I had to stop using makeup because i felt that it helped to let me skin breathe. I apply the aloe from the plant 3-4 times everyday after washing my face with chickpea flour (no soap or facewashes seem to suit my skin) you can get this flour at an Indian store.My skin is very oily so it worked for me. A thin layer is all you need

Pros

• clears up skin slowly but surely. marks fade away, smoother skin complexion, oiliness is reduced, blackheads reduced to a very large extent. its all natural! REMEMBER: YOU ONLY NEED A THIN LAYER OF ALOE ON YOUR FACE.

Cons

• takes time to work for some people (as it did in my case). purging occurred but not as severe as retin a. marks take time to fade away (month n a half or so). u hav to use natural stuff from the plant to see results. I could not wear makeup.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

everyone is different because reading these reviews, some people seemed to have found an elixer but it was not so great for me. it softened my skin but caused me to break out so i had to quit it. its all good.

Pros

• easily accesabile, softened skin, available in my garden

Cons

• made me skin very ichy, can easily make a mess (i actually got into trouble for getting this stuff on my mum's couch) and it didnt not get rid of my zits.
  • i also broke out badly on my forehead.
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.