Page 3 of Basic Nutrition Aloe Vera Herbal Extract reviews

4.3/5 - 86 reviews

Brand: Basic Nutrition

Aloe Vera leaf extract.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

I've been using aloe for a few weeks now. I put it on after going in the sun, or the next day if I end up with a minor sunburn. It's also great if you overuse topicals/actives and get a chemical burn.

I'm in my mid-20s and never had anything but a cycle-related pimple every month or so. It's not hereditary for me. I've been on and off BCP with no problem, and I've never really washed my face carefully or did anything special. But four months ago I went to a naturopath who gave me a hormone test and concluded I needed a kelp-based supplement with thyroid and a cortisol pill as well as progesterone cream. I have had huge problems with acne on my jaw/cheeks since--I scarred for the first time in my life and ended up with clogged pores, whiteheads, cysts, and papules.

Aloe has really helped. When I get an angry inflamed zit I apply aloe several times a day. I also use it after extracting a clogged pore. It prevents redness from getting out of hand. Zits heal more quickly too, and fresh red marks are diminished.

It's cheap, feels lovely and cool on irritated skin, moisturizes well enough for my oily skin, and doesn't have any irritating chemicals or fragrances.

Did it stop my acne? No. I admit I've found stronger things necessary for my resistant hormonal eruptions. But aloe REALLY helps in the aftermath.

I also recommend aloe for internal use (if using from a bottle make sure it's made for consumption!). It's great for digestion and helps my skin even more than topical use. If you want more convenience you can use the Fruit of the Earth brand made with berry juice added. Wal-Mart has it.

Reviewed on June 5, 2011

This plant has been used for ages for medicinal uses. Aloe Vera has so many nutrients that are highly beneficial to the skin...that, well, if this has any bad effect on your skin, you must be an alien.

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

When I met my would-be husband, he had an aloe plant that he got on the free table in the basement of his apartment. He never watered it. It just sat there and looked pretty. And when I started watering it, it would grow 2-4 new "shoots" overnight, and they would be full length very quickly. It's great because it's a hassle-free plant with a variety of uses. Whether you water it or not it will stay alive. It helps with scars but you must be very very particular about how much you apply - too much and it will clog your pores all up. Use it topically.

Reviewed on May 16, 2011

ive had moderate acne on my right cheek for the longest time im 17 now and i mean i really dont have acne but when i did have breakouts they are very noticable! Im a redhead now so yeah my skins fare my hairs fades give it that to a more brown but im getting off topic! But no in all honesty ive tried everything, clean&clear,neutrogena, and soooo onn! but then i started reading about how aloe vera juice can correct acne! so this is my 1st day using it and alls i can say is WOW! over one night my right cheeck is already less red im excited to see what its gonna look like this saturday good luck to anyone out there who suffers from acne trust me its hard sometimes but trust me if u want something without harsh chemicals and benzyol peroxcide then TRY THIS! its natural and sooths redness goodluck!

Reviewed on May 10, 2011

I am a Caucasian female teenager with red marks and scars from an acne breakout. I am currently using the aloe vera gel for my red marks so that i can clear those up before treating the scars with laser. It literally is a gift from God. This natural plant will improve the red marks in a week, 1 month tops. if you dont see quick results, use it for at least a month and you will see them i promise!!

Reviewed on March 17, 2011

Wowwww. helped my skin so much! Salicylic wash and Alpha Hydrox BHA Souffle made my skin red and irritated but it was helping my acne and my red marks but I needed something to help soothe those chemicals on my face and this organic natural substance did the trick!!

Bought it at Lowes for 4 bucks

Reviewed on February 7, 2011

after i got a facial with extractions i thought i would try to heal some of the spots that were red and open a little faster. so i cut a leaf of my aloe plant and put the aloe directly on the irritated open pore area. a few hours later when i looked in the mirror they were all dark brown scabs! i have used aloe before for my shoulders from getting burnt, and i've heard good things about it so i didn't think it would be a problem on my face. i have had a facial before and normally just put cocoa butter or vitamin e on the areas that were cut... i will never use aloe on my face again!

Reviewed on January 11, 2011

I am Mr. Skeptical since having acne 35 out of my 52 years, but believe it or NOT, the natural aloe vera works as long as you are not active. That is the 1 large stipulation I need to make. I bought the plant after using the FOTE gel. They bought seem to work for me.

As subjective as Acne can be, you do not lose anything, just trying something natural... After having put so many chemicals in and on my body it is so refreshing to find something natural.

I have schedule my first chemical(Salicylic and Lactic acid ) peel, but just may cancel after the aloe....

Reviewed on December 29, 2010

clears and prevents lightens skin and smoothen skin it is the product for you

Reviewed on July 29, 2010

I am in love with aloe vera. I use 99% pure organic aloe vera gel, with nothing extra added. (DO NOT try the crap from the drugstore). My face is VERY VERY sensitive (every lotion I have ever tried stings), and the aloe has been wonderful! I had dry, flaky rough inflamed skin that was also oilly and had piples and blackheads. I apply a thin layer after washing my face (with a baking soda paste which you HAVE to try! go read my review!) my inflamation and redness is GONE, my rough skin is gone, my pimples are gone, and my black heads are minimal! all in a little over a week with the baking soda + aloe (longer with just using aloe. the aloe alone helped, but together they have worked wonders. hence why I gave it 4/5)

I now use aloe for all over moisture. My skin used to be always itchy, and now I just put some aloe on, and the itch is gone. I don't know how it will work during the dry minnesota winter, but so far it is wonderful!