Basic Nutrition Aloe Vera Herbal Extract reviews

Brand: Basic Nutrition

Aloe Vera leaf extract.

Perfect for mild acne!!
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

It works brilliantly on mild acne and even though it takes longer time than otc products to clear acne, but the redness disappears and controls my breakouts. I have also noticed my scars get lighter and i definitely recommend using aloe vera on your skin. IT WORKS!!

Reviewed on January 14, 2013

I started using aloe vera gel on my face during summer time to relieve my sensitive sun burned skin. After my sunburned went away i found myself still using aloe vera because it had a cooling effect and gave my face a more even skin tone and texture. I would recommend using this product just a few times a week if you have an extremely dry or irritated area. It does not in any way clear breakouts or prevent acne but it helps soothe very irritated skin.

Reviewed on January 4, 2013

ok so my face broke out terribly two weeks ago. i already have moderate acne with a few cysts but my face blew up. i had started a job at Sonic and my diet was horrible. i went to the doctor and they retin-a and antibiotics. i hate taking that stuff so went back to the aloe vera plant ib my backyard i had used a

year ago. OMG i washed my face with Ambi and applied aloe to my face 2 times a day for 2 days and my face was CLEAR. all the cysts along my jawline had dried up and were fading. omg

Reviewed on December 15, 2012

I'm sure it works. Just give it time and use the fresh aloe plant not the gel based. Good luck.

Reviewed on October 18, 2012

Natural. I have tried many medications and have stopped all of them recently and all for the better. My body and face feel much better since using natural products. One of them is aloe vera gel. It may not work miraculously, but realistically speaking no acne treatment does. Aloe vera cools the face, seeps into the skin and helps heal the scars quickly. It gets rid of redness.

My routine is to wash the face twice a day (I use purpose and at least 2-3 days out of the week I use salt water) I apply witch hazel and rose water, then the aloe vera gel and then use argan oil as a moisturizer. So far it's made my face feel clean and I have had very little breakouts since this routine.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I really wanted to like this, due to the great reviews.. But it seems like higher percentages of Aloe Vera (>70%) irritates my skin. I wouldn't classify my skin as sensitive ("picky" would be better, hehe), so if you have sensitive skin.. Perhaps you should reconsider using this. Or, wait! Try out a small area on your skin first, to see how it reacts. And if there's no negative reaction, go ahead giiirl! Or guuuy! Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up! ;)

by Ward123 on 06/08/2014 21:43
Just a recommendation, if u are sensitive to aloe then try mixing it with honey and green tea. Works for me!!
Reviewed on June 15, 2012

This is a good option to use in combination with others. I definitely notice a difference when I am using it.

Reviewed on January 20, 2012

personaly i wouldnt recomend it but its up to you

Reviewed on November 24, 2011

i really recommend this. not only for people with acne, but even for older people who want to prevent wrinkles. I squeeze the aloe juice on my mom's skin and her pores and wrinkles diminished over time. She even got a natural glow on her face!

I really love this because it is truly natural. Only most lotions and products we use, this is 100% natural. no matter what the department store products say, they will ALWAYS have artificial products in them. So, I highly recommend this!

Good luck~

Reviewed on October 31, 2011

Make sure you're using aloe in it's purest form. It does wonders for digestion if you drink 100% aloe juice (some people complain about the taste, but it heals inflamed digestive tracts which are a main contributor of acne). While it's not a good idea to pick or pull at your face, aloe vera is a very cooling option if you still do this.

Very good product to put your mind and skin at ease when everything feels hot and bothered.