Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals reviews

3.3/5 - 110 reviews

Brand: Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals

Titanium Dioxide (12.6%) and Zinc Oxide (21%).

Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals

bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation with Click, Lock, Go Sifter - Fairly Medium
updated: 10/01/2016 19:05 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Fairly Light - 0.07oz/2g
updated: 10/01/2016 19:05 UTC
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light)
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Medium 2g/0.07 OZ

Good coverage, light
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

I do recommend this product to whomever is considering it. I found it to be light enough to mask the sheen that appears mid-day yet non acne aggravating, which I appreciate and need in any makeup. That said, I do try and wear minimal minimal makeup so while I may like it, people who like a heavier coating might not find it as appealing.

disapponted
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

I have really tried to get this to work for me, but it just looks awful no matter how it's applied. I tried the #1 light, the 1.2 fairly light, and the 2 med, none of the colors were a good match to my skin tone. Besides the color this powder magnifies any problems with your skin. Made my pores look HUGE no matter if I applied a little or a lot. Also settled into fine lines around my eyes I didn't even know I had. There is a lot of shimmer in the powder which to me looks very "fake" and unnatural. Seriously, unless you have near perfect skin, I just don't see how this foundation works. I tried the mineral veil that came with the kit which was good at controlling oil, but made me look pasty. This also made my skin feel tight and itchy. The only good thing about the kit I ordered are the brushes. Oh, and it's extremely MESSY and will end up all over your vanity. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone.

Good in the beginning
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

In the beginning it was really good. After some years using this product my skin breaks out a lot. I used to like it since it covered enough, who it matches my skin and how easy it is put on.

Best I've tried so far.
Reviewed on November 30, 2015

I've been using bare minerals for years. There was one day I forgot to buy a new one and I had to buy something random from there drugstore, and you can definitely tell the difference.

When I first got acne as a teen i would use mac, covergirl, or something i'd try at the drugstore. I always felt it made my skin worse. When I switched to bare minerals I could feel a difference because it didn't feel so caked on my skin, and it didn't seem like it was clogging my pores and in turn making my acne worse. If my acne get worse it's usually from other factors and not this make-up (i've been using it for years so that's what i'm assuming). The only time it has a cake-y look or feel is when my skin is just dry due to me trying to control a breakout with products or a change in regimen.

If you want something that's light weight and controls redness (it really does a GREAT job at that!!!) try this.

great for oily acne prone skin.
Reviewed on September 24, 2015

I have acne prone skin and have suffered for years until i used bare minerals. The only gripe i have is that the coverage is very light but the more i use it the less breakouts i get so the coverage at that stage doesnt overly matter. Iv tried other makeup and end up reverting back to bare minerals. I recently bought estee lauder double wear which gives awesome coverage but again iv got a face full of spots :-( bare minerals all the way for me!!

Awesome!
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

I love this product! I have lots of acne and i want to cover it up with makeup that does not clog my pores. This is that product! I recommend every girl that has acne to get this brand of makeup and also its purifying facial cleanser to gently clean your face.

Foundation is great, contour is not!
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I have been wearing Bare Minerals for so long and it has never made me break out. But since my face is naturally red, I decided to use warmth as a blush instead of a red base color. Over 2 weeks, I've noticed that there were pimples only where I put warmth on. I then went back to sephora to try a compact bronzer from Bare Minerals. I still break out only where I put it on. Guess I will return and look for a different brand for contouring.

A must have
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

Bare minerals products are basically the core of my make up arsenal. When my skin is clear, I can get away with just wearing the mineral veil. If I get a breakout, I bust out my blemish remedy mineral powder. My favorite though is their blemish remedy spot treatment/concealer. I buy that stuff on the regular.

Acne
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I got told to use your product . Since I have been on bare minerals my face has become worse ! I used the deep cleanse face wash and blemish remedy . I've also used your original powder . My face has never been so ( spotty) it is not worth the money !

Love It!
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I used this for a while and absolutely loved it. It doesn't break me out and actually helps reduce my acne. It's brilliant for reducing Hyper Pigmentation, scars and marks without looking flaky! I would definitely recommend watching the DVD first so you know how to apply flawlessly.