Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals reviews

3.3/5 - 94 reviews

Brand: Bare Escentuals

Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%.

Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation Medium Beige 8 g
updated: 07/28/2014 03:00 UTC
bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation with Click, Lock, Go Sifter - Fairly Medium
updated: 07/28/2014 03:00 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Fairly Light - 0.07oz/2g
updated: 07/28/2014 03:00 UTC
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light)
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Medium 2g/0.07 OZ
updated: 07/28/2014 03:00 UTC

I REGRET buying this product.
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

My skin was always pretty nice, a little pimple here or thereā€¦ nothing too bad. As soon as I started using this product my right cheek broke out in clusters on cystic acne. This happened in February.. it's now MAY and I'm still dealing with getting rid of the cysts / HORRIBLE dark purple/brown hyper pigmentation it left behind. I also have some scarring. This product ruined my skin. I've googled this product and it seems to give so many other people cystic acne. IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN. STAY AWAY.

Great stuff :)
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I love this makeup. I usually absolutely hate powder because it doesn't last me through the day and I need to cake it on to get any coverage. This is the one exception I have found. Not only does it give coverage without having to cake, it stays, and in my opinion looks better as the day goes on and it settles. Word of caution: I use this on top of a BB cream because my skin is easily dried. ( I recommend Garnier brand of BB cream for those of you who have this problem, I use normal formula, not oil free which I find tends to discolor and doesn't help with drying) Stops shine from the moisturizer and keeps my skin protected. I've been using it for years. It's never broken me out.

Finally left this behind.
Reviewed on March 1, 2014

I have been using bare minerals for as long as I can remember. The coverage is excellent, the application is easy. I've had trouble skin since high school and have oily acne prone skin. I've tried all sorts of solves until one day I realized that it was my makeup. I didn't even really like how it looked on me, you could tell I was wearing powder. It made my skin itch when it was warm out or I started to sweat and clogged my pores! It took me forever to realize that this was the issue, not my skin creams and washes.

So girls with oily sensitive skin:

I've tried it all. This product is not for you

by cc985a on 03/10/2014 22:38
I have been using bare minerals as well through-out high school and had moderate ache. Well am now 22 and have horrible cystic like ache. Can you tell me what make up you did switch to? I am finding I have tried many cleansers as well and starting to think it is now my make up all these years. Thanks
Not as great as it seems
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

I saw so many ads showing how amazing this was so i brought it and was pretty disappointed. It didn't seem to cover enough and if i tried building it up it looked so dry and cakey and very noticeable. I haven't had any problems with breakouts from it. I now use this as a light powder over a liquid foundation since it just didn't cover enough. My skin is a bit on the dry side so I might re-try it when my skin is back to normal and see if that makes a difference. The Jane Iredale pressed mineral powder is definitely a way better option even thought its pricey its worth its money.

Finally something that doesn't make me breakout
Reviewed on December 23, 2013

I've used this for a few years and it's one of the only makeups I've found that doesn't make me breakout (the only other one is Garnier BB Cream). I wish they had a few more shade options. I'm always between the fairly light and light so that's kind of annoying and it is a little drying, but like I said, I haven't found very many options that my skin likes so I always come back to this.

by cc985a on 03/10/2014 22:38
Decent coverage, great for my skin.
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

I noticed an improvement in my hyper pigmentation and overall skin texture when using this. It's never broken me out or blocked my pores and looks natural, giving just enough coverage to make me feel comfortable. The added SPF is a definite bonus. Just don't try to sleep in it - sleeping in make up is bad for you, no matter what cosmetic companies may say.

Don't fall for the hype: do your research
Reviewed on August 7, 2013

I was the biggest believer in this make-up for so many years. I thought it was a great alternative to liquid foundation. I always stayed away from liquid thinking it would give me pimples. Looking back, I know realize this was the product that made me break out and get cystic acne in the first place. After switching to a liquid foundation (Arbonne brand) I pretty much have stopped getting the huge cysts I always had in high school. I still break out, but no where near as bad as when I used this makeup. I will never go back!

1 Word... Matte
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

I for one have never tried the original Bare Minerals formula. Look for Bare Minerals Matte. I Have been using this product, accompanied by The Regimen, and my skin has never looked better! This makeup covers any left over scars I may have. I highly recommend using the Matte version of this product.

Love this Stuff
Reviewed on August 1, 2013

I've used bareminerals for over 6 years now, and it's the best makeup I've ever worn. I wear makeup on a regular basis, and this is the only makeup that I've used that feels like I have nothing on my skin. Liquid makeup feels like a mask, and other powders give so little coverage that you have to cake it on to look flawless. In my opinion, bareminerals is best for people that have very light to light/moderate acne and want a flawless finish to their skin. I have mild acne and this makeup does the trick. If you are looking for a makeup that will cover cystic or moderate/severe acne, this will not cover every flaw, but it feels very silky.

Not entirely full coverage but light weight
Reviewed on July 24, 2013

I have been using bare minerals/bare essentials for almost a year, and I have noticed that my skin looks less shiny and oily. I also have noticed my pores are less clogged. This foundation powder for me, doesn't entirely cover acne, but it does a good job covering post acne marks and uneven skin tone colors. When applying the mineral veil afterwards, I do see a difference in setting the foundation but at the end of an eight hour day, I can definitely see a difference in the coverage and find myself touching up. I would love to find a makeup that is great for oily skin and keeps coverage all day :)