Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals reviews

3.3/5 - 106 reviews

Brand: Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals

Titanium Dioxide (12.6%) and Zinc Oxide (21%).

Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation Medium Beige 8 g
updated: 10/09/2015 15:19 UTC
bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation with Click, Lock, Go Sifter - Fairly Medium
updated: 10/09/2015 15:19 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Fairly Light - 0.07oz/2g
updated: 10/09/2015 15:19 UTC
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light)
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Medium 2g/0.07 OZ
updated: 10/09/2015 15:19 UTC
$18.92 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals

great for oily acne prone skin.
Reviewed on September 24, 2015

I have acne prone skin and have suffered for years until i used bare minerals. The only gripe i have is that the coverage is very light but the more i use it the less breakouts i get so the coverage at that stage doesnt overly matter. Iv tried other makeup and end up reverting back to bare minerals. I recently bought estee lauder double wear which gives awesome coverage but again iv got a face full of spots :-( bare minerals all the way for me!!

Reviewed on August 26, 2015

I love this product! I have lots of acne and i want to cover it up with makeup that does not clog my pores. This is that product! I recommend every girl that has acne to get this brand of makeup and also its purifying facial cleanser to gently clean your face.

Foundation is great, contour is not!
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I have been wearing Bare Minerals for so long and it has never made me break out. But since my face is naturally red, I decided to use warmth as a blush instead of a red base color. Over 2 weeks, I've noticed that there were pimples only where I put warmth on. I then went back to sephora to try a compact bronzer from Bare Minerals. I still break out only where I put it on. Guess I will return and look for a different brand for contouring.

A must have
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

Bare minerals products are basically the core of my make up arsenal. When my skin is clear, I can get away with just wearing the mineral veil. If I get a breakout, I bust out my blemish remedy mineral powder. My favorite though is their blemish remedy spot treatment/concealer. I buy that stuff on the regular.

Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I got told to use your product . Since I have been on bare minerals my face has become worse ! I used the deep cleanse face wash and blemish remedy . I've also used your original powder . My face has never been so ( spotty) it is not worth the money !

Love It!
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I used this for a while and absolutely loved it. It doesn't break me out and actually helps reduce my acne. It's brilliant for reducing Hyper Pigmentation, scars and marks without looking flaky! I would definitely recommend watching the DVD first so you know how to apply flawlessly.

It works...for a short period of time
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

First of all, in order for me to use this it had to be a good day for my skin (meaning that it was not super dry/flaky). If it was a little bit flakey (as can happen from various products and just acne prone skin in general) it would bring out of the flakiness even more. So on dry days it was a no no. On those days when I did use it, I personally found that my face got oily REALLY FAST underneath it. So my whole face would be so shiny. If I hugged someone taller than me the foundation would end up all over what they were wearing. They have a mattifying version of this product and I found that one a tiny bit better.

In a nutshell (for me):

brought out flakiness

made my skin get really oily

not worth the money, IMO.

not for me
Reviewed on February 2, 2015

I didn't get a lot of coverage from this foundation. Not sure if i was applying it wrong but i didn't get a chance to really work with it because I started getting cystic acne right away. I have acne prone skin combo/oily.

Bismuth Oxychloride is a problem ingredient in Bare Minerals
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

I began using Bare Minerals soon after it became available 10 years ago. Just within the past 3 months I began to notice having Acne and even Cystic Acne. I did not even have severe Acne as a teen!! I am 60 yrs. of age and loved the product until now. If you choose to use this product just be aware it can cause severe skin reactions after many years of use with no problems. Now I will have to throw away almost $100. worth of product due to the ingredient of Bismuth Oxychloride.

Reviewed on November 7, 2014

Those who say this product doesn't cover well most likely aren't applying it correctly or using the concealer over the foundation. I have very dark red acne marks and I use Bare Minerals everyday and get perfect coverage every time. The foundation is meant to be buffed on very softly. Also, take your time until you have the base you desire. Then you go over the problem areas with the concealer and blend well. You should be able to get the coverage you want no matter your skin type. Remember to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize every day with a product that works for your skin type.

Completely understandable if the product makes you itch, creates cystic acne, or irritates your skin. Then don't use it!!!!

I'm just saying the coverage is wonderful when applied correctly!