Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals reviews

3.3/5 - 103 reviews

Brand: Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals

Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%.

Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation Medium Beige 8 g
updated: 07/31/2015 16:41 UTC
bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation with Click, Lock, Go Sifter - Fairly Medium
updated: 07/31/2015 16:41 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Fairly Light - 0.07oz/2g
updated: 07/31/2015 16:40 UTC
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light)
updated: 07/31/2015 16:40 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Medium 2g/0.07 OZ

A must have
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

Bare minerals products are basically the core of my make up arsenal. When my skin is clear, I can get away with just wearing the mineral veil. If I get a breakout, I bust out my blemish remedy mineral powder. My favorite though is their blemish remedy spot treatment/concealer. I buy that stuff on the regular.

Acne
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I got told to use your product . Since I have been on bare minerals my face has become worse ! I used the deep cleanse face wash and blemish remedy . I've also used your original powder . My face has never been so ( spotty) it is not worth the money !

Love It!
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I used this for a while and absolutely loved it. It doesn't break me out and actually helps reduce my acne. It's brilliant for reducing Hyper Pigmentation, scars and marks without looking flaky! I would definitely recommend watching the DVD first so you know how to apply flawlessly.

It works...for a short period of time
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

First of all, in order for me to use this it had to be a good day for my skin (meaning that it was not super dry/flaky). If it was a little bit flakey (as can happen from various products and just acne prone skin in general) it would bring out of the flakiness even more. So on dry days it was a no no. On those days when I did use it, I personally found that my face got oily REALLY FAST underneath it. So my whole face would be so shiny. If I hugged someone taller than me the foundation would end up all over what they were wearing. They have a mattifying version of this product and I found that one a tiny bit better.

In a nutshell (for me):

brought out flakiness

made my skin get really oily

not worth the money, IMO.

not for me
Reviewed on February 2, 2015

I didn't get a lot of coverage from this foundation. Not sure if i was applying it wrong but i didn't get a chance to really work with it because I started getting cystic acne right away. I have acne prone skin combo/oily.

Bismuth Oxychloride is a problem ingredient in Bare Minerals
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

I began using Bare Minerals soon after it became available 10 years ago. Just within the past 3 months I began to notice having Acne and even Cystic Acne. I did not even have severe Acne as a teen!! I am 60 yrs. of age and loved the product until now. If you choose to use this product just be aware it can cause severe skin reactions after many years of use with no problems. Now I will have to throw away almost $100. worth of product due to the ingredient of Bismuth Oxychloride.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

Those who say this product doesn't cover well most likely aren't applying it correctly or using the concealer over the foundation. I have very dark red acne marks and I use Bare Minerals everyday and get perfect coverage every time. The foundation is meant to be buffed on very softly. Also, take your time until you have the base you desire. Then you go over the problem areas with the concealer and blend well. You should be able to get the coverage you want no matter your skin type. Remember to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize every day with a product that works for your skin type.

Completely understandable if the product makes you itch, creates cystic acne, or irritates your skin. Then don't use it!!!!

I'm just saying the coverage is wonderful when applied correctly!

Love !!
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I used to use this product everyday then I stopped so I could experiment with liquid foundation. I couldn't find a liquid foundation that worked with my skin and didn't clog my pores so now I'm back to using this product!! I love to a lot, it just doesn't give me the coverage I'm looking for. If your looking for a full coverage foundation this is defiantly not for you. But if your looking for a lightweight natural look I definitely recommend this product. Also if you suffer from acne or clogged pores this product is worth trying out.

Not great
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

This foundation settled into my pores so quickly and highlighted them, making me look unsightly. I would love to use this when my skin is clear because it requires a minimal application and I don't have many dark marks to cover.

I REGRET buying this product.
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

My skin was always pretty nice, a little pimple here or thereā€¦ nothing too bad. As soon as I started using this product my right cheek broke out in clusters on cystic acne. This happened in February.. it's now MAY and I'm still dealing with getting rid of the cysts / HORRIBLE dark purple/brown hyper pigmentation it left behind. I also have some scarring. This product ruined my skin. I've googled this product and it seems to give so many other people cystic acne. IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN. STAY AWAY.

by ristarlite on 07/29/2014 20:48
I have had the very same thing happen to me! I have also been dealing with this since Feb. and it is now July. Just this week I made the switch to Clinique at the advice of two friends who had great luck with their skincare and makeup.