Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals reviews

3.3/5 - 98 reviews

Brand: Bare Escentuals

Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%.

Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation Medium Beige 8 g
updated: 11/22/2014 11:38 UTC
bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation with Click, Lock, Go Sifter - Fairly Medium
updated: 11/22/2014 11:38 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Fairly Light - 0.07oz/2g
updated: 11/22/2014 11:38 UTC
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light)
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Medium 2g/0.07 OZ

Bismuth Oxychloride is a problem ingredient in Bare Minerals
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

I began using Bare Minerals soon after it became available 10 years ago. Just within the past 3 months I began to notice having Acne and even Cystic Acne. I did not even have severe Acne as a teen!! I am 60 yrs. of age and loved the product until now. If you choose to use this product just be aware it can cause severe skin reactions after many years of use with no problems. Now I will have to throw away almost $100. worth of product due to the ingredient of Bismuth Oxychloride.

!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

Those who say this product doesn't cover well most likely aren't applying it correctly or using the concealer over the foundation. I have very dark red acne marks and I use Bare Minerals everyday and get perfect coverage every time. The foundation is meant to be buffed on very softly. Also, take your time until you have the base you desire. Then you go over the problem areas with the concealer and blend well. You should be able to get the coverage you want no matter your skin type. Remember to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize every day with a product that works for your skin type.

Completely understandable if the product makes you itch, creates cystic acne, or irritates your skin. Then don't use it!!!!

I'm just saying the coverage is wonderful when applied correctly!

Love !!
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I used to use this product everyday then I stopped so I could experiment with liquid foundation. I couldn't find a liquid foundation that worked with my skin and didn't clog my pores so now I'm back to using this product!! I love to a lot, it just doesn't give me the coverage I'm looking for. If your looking for a full coverage foundation this is defiantly not for you. But if your looking for a lightweight natural look I definitely recommend this product. Also if you suffer from acne or clogged pores this product is worth trying out.

Not great
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

This foundation settled into my pores so quickly and highlighted them, making me look unsightly. I would love to use this when my skin is clear because it requires a minimal application and I don't have many dark marks to cover.

I REGRET buying this product.
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

My skin was always pretty nice, a little pimple here or thereā€¦ nothing too bad. As soon as I started using this product my right cheek broke out in clusters on cystic acne. This happened in February.. it's now MAY and I'm still dealing with getting rid of the cysts / HORRIBLE dark purple/brown hyper pigmentation it left behind. I also have some scarring. This product ruined my skin. I've googled this product and it seems to give so many other people cystic acne. IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN. STAY AWAY.

by ristarlite on 07/29/2014 20:48
I have had the very same thing happen to me! I have also been dealing with this since Feb. and it is now July. Just this week I made the switch to Clinique at the advice of two friends who had great luck with their skincare and makeup.
Great stuff :)
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I love this makeup. I usually absolutely hate powder because it doesn't last me through the day and I need to cake it on to get any coverage. This is the one exception I have found. Not only does it give coverage without having to cake, it stays, and in my opinion looks better as the day goes on and it settles. Word of caution: I use this on top of a BB cream because my skin is easily dried. ( I recommend Garnier brand of BB cream for those of you who have this problem, I use normal formula, not oil free which I find tends to discolor and doesn't help with drying) Stops shine from the moisturizer and keeps my skin protected. I've been using it for years. It's never broken me out.

Finally left this behind.
Reviewed on March 1, 2014

I have been using bare minerals for as long as I can remember. The coverage is excellent, the application is easy. I've had trouble skin since high school and have oily acne prone skin. I've tried all sorts of solves until one day I realized that it was my makeup. I didn't even really like how it looked on me, you could tell I was wearing powder. It made my skin itch when it was warm out or I started to sweat and clogged my pores! It took me forever to realize that this was the issue, not my skin creams and washes.

So girls with oily sensitive skin:

I've tried it all. This product is not for you

by cc985a on 03/10/2014 22:38
I have been using bare minerals as well through-out high school and had moderate ache. Well am now 22 and have horrible cystic like ache. Can you tell me what make up you did switch to? I am finding I have tried many cleansers as well and starting to think it is now my make up all these years. Thanks
Not as great as it seems
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

I saw so many ads showing how amazing this was so i brought it and was pretty disappointed. It didn't seem to cover enough and if i tried building it up it looked so dry and cakey and very noticeable. I haven't had any problems with breakouts from it. I now use this as a light powder over a liquid foundation since it just didn't cover enough. My skin is a bit on the dry side so I might re-try it when my skin is back to normal and see if that makes a difference. The Jane Iredale pressed mineral powder is definitely a way better option even thought its pricey its worth its money.

Finally something that doesn't make me breakout
Reviewed on December 23, 2013

I've used this for a few years and it's one of the only makeups I've found that doesn't make me breakout (the only other one is Garnier BB Cream). I wish they had a few more shade options. I'm always between the fairly light and light so that's kind of annoying and it is a little drying, but like I said, I haven't found very many options that my skin likes so I always come back to this.

by cc985a on 03/10/2014 22:38
Decent coverage, great for my skin.
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

I noticed an improvement in my hyper pigmentation and overall skin texture when using this. It's never broken me out or blocked my pores and looks natural, giving just enough coverage to make me feel comfortable. The added SPF is a definite bonus. Just don't try to sleep in it - sleeping in make up is bad for you, no matter what cosmetic companies may say.