Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals reviews

3.3/5 - 107 reviews

Brand: Bare Escentuals

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals

Titanium Dioxide (12.6%) and Zinc Oxide (21%).

Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation Medium Beige 8 g
updated: 02/12/2016 12:28 UTC
bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation with Click, Lock, Go Sifter - Fairly Medium
updated: 02/12/2016 12:28 UTC
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Fairly Light - 0.07oz/2g
updated: 02/12/2016 12:28 UTC
Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation (Fairly Light)
bareMinerals ORIGINAL Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Medium 2g/0.07 OZ

Best I've tried so far.
Reviewed on November 30, 2015

I've been using bare minerals for years. There was one day I forgot to buy a new one and I had to buy something random from there drugstore, and you can definitely tell the difference.

When I first got acne as a teen i would use mac, covergirl, or something i'd try at the drugstore. I always felt it made my skin worse. When I switched to bare minerals I could feel a difference because it didn't feel so caked on my skin, and it didn't seem like it was clogging my pores and in turn making my acne worse. If my acne get worse it's usually from other factors and not this make-up (i've been using it for years so that's what i'm assuming). The only time it has a cake-y look or feel is when my skin is just dry due to me trying to control a breakout with products or a change in regimen.

If you want something that's light weight and controls redness (it really does a GREAT job at that!!!) try this.

great for oily acne prone skin.
Reviewed on September 24, 2015

I have acne prone skin and have suffered for years until i used bare minerals. The only gripe i have is that the coverage is very light but the more i use it the less breakouts i get so the coverage at that stage doesnt overly matter. Iv tried other makeup and end up reverting back to bare minerals. I recently bought estee lauder double wear which gives awesome coverage but again iv got a face full of spots :-( bare minerals all the way for me!!

Awesome!
Reviewed on August 26, 2015

I love this product! I have lots of acne and i want to cover it up with makeup that does not clog my pores. This is that product! I recommend every girl that has acne to get this brand of makeup and also its purifying facial cleanser to gently clean your face.

Foundation is great, contour is not!
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

I have been wearing Bare Minerals for so long and it has never made me break out. But since my face is naturally red, I decided to use warmth as a blush instead of a red base color. Over 2 weeks, I've noticed that there were pimples only where I put warmth on. I then went back to sephora to try a compact bronzer from Bare Minerals. I still break out only where I put it on. Guess I will return and look for a different brand for contouring.

A must have
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

Bare minerals products are basically the core of my make up arsenal. When my skin is clear, I can get away with just wearing the mineral veil. If I get a breakout, I bust out my blemish remedy mineral powder. My favorite though is their blemish remedy spot treatment/concealer. I buy that stuff on the regular.

Acne
Reviewed on April 30, 2015

I got told to use your product . Since I have been on bare minerals my face has become worse ! I used the deep cleanse face wash and blemish remedy . I've also used your original powder . My face has never been so ( spotty) it is not worth the money !

Love It!
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I used this for a while and absolutely loved it. It doesn't break me out and actually helps reduce my acne. It's brilliant for reducing Hyper Pigmentation, scars and marks without looking flaky! I would definitely recommend watching the DVD first so you know how to apply flawlessly.

It works...for a short period of time
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

First of all, in order for me to use this it had to be a good day for my skin (meaning that it was not super dry/flaky). If it was a little bit flakey (as can happen from various products and just acne prone skin in general) it would bring out of the flakiness even more. So on dry days it was a no no. On those days when I did use it, I personally found that my face got oily REALLY FAST underneath it. So my whole face would be so shiny. If I hugged someone taller than me the foundation would end up all over what they were wearing. They have a mattifying version of this product and I found that one a tiny bit better.

In a nutshell (for me):

brought out flakiness

made my skin get really oily

not worth the money, IMO.

not for me
Reviewed on February 2, 2015

I didn't get a lot of coverage from this foundation. Not sure if i was applying it wrong but i didn't get a chance to really work with it because I started getting cystic acne right away. I have acne prone skin combo/oily.

Bismuth Oxychloride is a problem ingredient in Bare Minerals
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

I began using Bare Minerals soon after it became available 10 years ago. Just within the past 3 months I began to notice having Acne and even Cystic Acne. I did not even have severe Acne as a teen!! I am 60 yrs. of age and loved the product until now. If you choose to use this product just be aware it can cause severe skin reactions after many years of use with no problems. Now I will have to throw away almost $100. worth of product due to the ingredient of Bismuth Oxychloride.