Page 5 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 890 reviews

Reviewed on September 25, 2012

well , it was not a magical thing ,but i think it reduces the swell

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

Really great for oily skin. It doesn't dry skin too much, though moisturizer can help. Be sure to have enough water mixed in otherwise it feels a bit abrasive.

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

Do not use if you have sensitive skin. I learned this the hard way.

Reviewed on September 14, 2012

I am allergic to most acne medications. I tried equal amounts of baking soda and fine ground salt mixed with either a small amount of water or peroxide. I use it every other day and it's amazing! I love it and it works better than anything I have tried, I have had no ill side affects either.

Reviewed on September 4, 2012

Miracle product! I've struggled with acne so long & I wish I would of tired this sooner. Now I mostly have scars, but I still deal with acne.

The way I use it:

Mix water, baking soda and one drop of Tea tree oil into a light paste. This might be to long for those with sensitive skin, but it works for me. I do this every few days. Tea tree oil is itself very beneficial for acne and is natural so I find that using both is the key.

Every other night I just wash my face with my facial soap mixed with baking soda to exfoliate.

Hope I helped! <3

Reviewed on August 2, 2012

This is the best acne medication I have ever used. Previously I did Dan Kern's Regimen for 4 years and, even though it decreased breakouts, I still had a few. I have a hormone imbalance and it recently just stopped working altogether. I was getting frustrated and decided to try different methods.

Last summer I tried baking soda which I left on overnight as a paste. My face started breaking out even worse so I went back to the regimen. When I started working in lab my acne got really bad and my skin was very oily. I don't know if it was because I was working with bacteria or if it was stress working with my crazy PI. Anyway, I decided to give Baking Soda a try again.

At first I just used my finger to apply it, and I saw a reduction in acne. I then decided to apply using a cotton ball. Bad idea, I think it exfoliated my skin too much and my acne got worse. So I went back to just pouring about a teaspoon in my hand, wetting it a little, and then slapping it on my face.

This is what I do

1. Wet face

2. Pour some in my hand and wet with a little water. I make it a little watery.

3. Apply to face. I only let it sit for about 30 seconds before I wash it off and I don't rub it in too much. I read somewhere that if you let it dry it exfoliates the skin.

4. Apply copious moisturizer.

I do this in the morning and even and my face just feels cleaner all day long. If you gave up on it, try different methods because everyone's skin is different and the time and amount used might vary.

Unlike BP, it doesn't bleach clothing. The Regimen ruined a lot of my nice dress shirts and bleach almost every towel and pillow case I own. I love baking soda. Now I can wear colored dress shirts again!

Reviewed on July 22, 2012

I haven't been using this long enough to give a proper review, but I just wanted to add a word of caution: if you're also using essential oils to treat your skin, be careful about applying them after using baking soda. My skin normally isn't very sensitive, but I experienced a burning sensation when I applied lavender and thyme after a baking soda mask (which was washed off with cleanser).

The burning stopped when I washed the oils off, though, and the baking soda seems to be working well otherwise.

Reviewed on July 15, 2012

it isnt has expensive as the $91.99 prices you see in the store and you normally have this in your house so it perfict

Reviewed on June 29, 2012

This is Great :))

there is no other thing i can say about the greatness of this one .. :)) cheap but works.

i hate some thing\products that is expensive .. and giving some review without trying it.. or fake review just to get some customer

Reviewed on June 23, 2012

Baking soda has been the only product I have found that has worked for my skin. I have struggled with acne for the last 10 years and have finally found something that works. My face appears a lot clearer and cleaner and feels amazingly soft. My spots are starting to fade after a month of using it, even my scars appear less obvious. It may take a while to notice a real difference if you have moderate to severe acne like mine but you well difinitely see changes in your skin even after the first use.

I both mix with water to form a thick paste to use as a mask or spot treatment and mix it with cetaphil to form a very gentle face wash which also removes all make up.

Everyone is different so it may not work for you but as it is so cheap and easy to use its worth a try.