Page 5 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 905 reviews

Reviewed on May 27, 2013

I have now stopped buying exfoliators after discovering baking soda.

once to twice a week depending on how bad my skin is i mix it with a mild cleanser ( like cetaphil )

to exfoliate with.

After using this I find my skin softer,smoother, blackheads mildly reduced, pores shrunken.

It does leave your skin a bit red after.

I overal think that this does clear up my skin.

I havnt used it yet as a mask only exfoliator/cleanser.

I also use baking soda as toothpaste . Some people probably wouldnt like the taste but I dont mind .

I think that baking soda cleans my teeth better than regular toothpaste and also leave my breath fresher and teeth whiter.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I have used a baking soda mask for about 3 weeks now. Twice a week. I did not suffer from acne but spots had begun to leave red marks on my face. I tried expensive microdermabrasion but it did nothing. After I have cleansed my face and used a facial scrub, I mix a heaped teaspoon of baking soda with some strong brewed green tea until it is slightly less consistent as toothpaste. I then very gently rub in small circles for a couple of minutes then leave on as a mask for 10 minutes before rinsing

by Lenlopcof on 12/02/2013 21:01
I've been using baking soda as deodorant and toothpaste since last year when I was still pregnant. I do not have acne but my face is very oily that's why I tried using baking soda as facial cleanser. After I used it, my face became very smooth but I noticed it became a bit dry. I put coconut oil and it's ok. Don't forget to put moisturizer after washing with it.
Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I use baking soda to whiten my teeth but i wouldn't use it for any other beauty trick. I have heard of some people making masks out of it but i simply don't trust putting this on my face. From what i've read it's not that effective and can cause irritation.

by Kittee on 01/07/2014 15:55
Why did you review it if you haven't even tried it?
Reviewed on March 8, 2013

I've had acne my whole you g adult life (I'm 25) and someone told me to mix a bit of honey, baking soda colloidal oatmeal and water, and that it did wonders for their skin. I found a recipe on Pinterest that I started to follow. I did this for about six weeks. It was AWFUL. It smelled terrible and gave me soo many more breakouts. It kept opening up existing ones. My derma told me it did a lot of harm to my skin. I have sensitive dry skin, very fair and break out from everything. Don't try it :(

by Michele w on 10/11/2013 15:42
Try egg whites I'm 42 and I have acne since I was 12. I started an egg white 4 months ago and the first time in my adult life I have clear skin. At first it broke out a little more the usual, but after the second week. It was toner, clearer, no blackheads. Try lady, good luck.
Reviewed on February 6, 2013

I figured I had nothing to lose, so I would wash my face with baking soda at night before bed. It greatly improved my skin, however after a few weeks, it stopped having results. I still recommend it however, because it is cheap and gets results.

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

Good for 1-2 times a week use

Reviewed on January 19, 2013

I use it to exfoliate my skin when i feel like i need it. I try to use it once every week but sometimes i forget so usually i use it twice a month. if you rub the baking soda to hard on your skin, it will hurt but if you lightly massage it in your skin, after you rinse it, your skin is like baby soft but if you don't apply a moisturizer, your skin will be so dry. after using it, my skin doesn't break out as often and it's cheap

Reviewed on December 30, 2012

I thought I'd give this a go, as my parents are out so they wouldn't see me looking stupid, and my acne had flared up overnight.

I put two teaspoons of baking soda in a small bowl and added water until it was a paste, i then rubbed it over my face, it foamed up a bit so i rubbed it down again. It started to sting after about a minute, but i stuck with it and the stinging stopped after about 5 minutes. It only stung my chin, which is where I often get razor burn after shaving, so I think they may be linked/ aggravating one another.

20 minutes later i stuck my head in a basin of warm water and rubbed all the baking soda off, i looked up into the mirror, and was so shocked! All the redness had gone out of my spots and my skin tone looked so much more even! It was fantastic! I definitely recommend this, if you can put up with the stinging it works a treat, or at least it did for me. I will definitely be continuing with this (at least as long as my parents go out regularly) :)

Reviewed on December 17, 2012

i used this for 2 days now and didn't noticed any change. i have allot of acne on my face and it didn't help at all

Reviewed on December 17, 2012

I use it to exfoliate every other day, and I use it as a mask twice a week.

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I live in the tropics. I have always had issues with acne, but four years ago it became severe. It was so bad I started using accutane which worked, but I was never comfortable with the side effects.

Last year I started to develop cystic acne once again and I decided that I was tired of using pills and brand name acne products that never seemed to work long enough. I did some research and heard about the use of baking soda. I tried other things as well, but this was the one thing that continued to work

Now I hardly break out. It has cleared up my acne, and my dark spots are on their way out the door!

It takes time, and patience is required, but if you stay consistent you will see the results.