Page 5 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 895 reviews

Reviewed on December 1, 2012

This is my first time using it so i havent found long term results but y skins reduced swelling and redness and i will use it again

Reviewed on October 30, 2012

I tried this diluted with water. It stung but at the time I thought nothing of it. Later on in the day I noticed little streaks of red on my face. Blood was coming out of my pores in tiny amounts all over my face where the baking soda had been.

Needless to say I discontinued use. It took 3 days for my face to stop bleeding afterwards. I've never seen anything like it before and I wouldn't class my skin as sensitive, although it is perhaps a little dry.

This seems to be an incredibly rare reaction, but please do exercise caution whilst using this product.

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

For the first five days I used a baking soda + water mask on my face, morning and night for three minutes. Then I'd take my Spectro Gel Cleanser and massage that over the mask for two minutes. After rinsing, my skin would be soft, glowing, redness in skin reduced, swelling in pimples reduced, and the large deep acne spots would be much less painful.

After five days of this my forehead was clear for the first time in two years. :):) The rest of my skin was clearer by at least 50% as well, which is HUGE for me.

I now only use it as a spot treatment every two days, and occasionally as a mask, since long term use of baking soda on your skin will damage the acid mantel because of it's extremely high PH value, which can reverse it's healing properties, and make your skin get worse again. Also, it is very powerful and can chemically burn your skin if it's left on too long. Everyone's skin is different, and you'll need to experiment to find out what you can handle. Watch your skin veryyyy carefully while wearing this mask to make sure it's not turning too red, which means it's getting burnt !

Reviewed on October 15, 2012

This might work if you don't have many active pimples, but I do, and it was just too harsh for my breaking-out skin. It ended up making my face all dry and red, and then my skin had to heal the actively inflamed areas. Maybe it would be better if you used it with something else to lessen the abrasiveness.

Reviewed on October 3, 2012

cystic acne takes weeks to clear up and it hurts A LOT! i usually get about 6 cystic spots per month, because i have hormonal imbalance and baking soda really helps to bring down the inflammation. also, if you put it on when you see the cystic pimple starting to form, it can stop the pimple from getting bigger.

i leave to baking soda paste on my pimple as long as i can. e.g, when i come home from work and i have no more schedule, i'll take my make-up off and put baking soda on my pimple until the end of the day. by night time, the cystic will have reduced =) also, don't forget to moisturise. i like to use aloe vera gel =)

Reviewed on September 25, 2012

well , it was not a magical thing ,but i think it reduces the swell

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

Really great for oily skin. It doesn't dry skin too much, though moisturizer can help. Be sure to have enough water mixed in otherwise it feels a bit abrasive.

Reviewed on September 19, 2012

Do not use if you have sensitive skin. I learned this the hard way.

Reviewed on September 14, 2012

I am allergic to most acne medications. I tried equal amounts of baking soda and fine ground salt mixed with either a small amount of water or peroxide. I use it every other day and it's amazing! I love it and it works better than anything I have tried, I have had no ill side affects either.

Reviewed on September 4, 2012

Miracle product! I've struggled with acne so long & I wish I would of tired this sooner. Now I mostly have scars, but I still deal with acne.

The way I use it:

Mix water, baking soda and one drop of Tea tree oil into a light paste. This might be to long for those with sensitive skin, but it works for me. I do this every few days. Tea tree oil is itself very beneficial for acne and is natural so I find that using both is the key.

Every other night I just wash my face with my facial soap mixed with baking soda to exfoliate.

Hope I helped! <3