Page 4 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 899 reviews

A very gentle exfoliator
Reviewed on July 6, 2013

I keep a small tub of dry baking soda next to my shower. Near the end of my shower, I scoop some up, mix it with a little water, gently rub on, then rinse. I use it daily, in combination with drugstore cleanser.

Exfoliation is very important to clear excess dead skin. Baking soda is also helpful when you have something like sweat, sunscreen, or food grease on your face. Just make sure to follow every exfoliation with moisturizer, or your skin could become too dry.

A cheap gentle exfoliating treatment
Reviewed on July 2, 2013

I use this once or twice a week in the mornings to exfoliate. Using BP every day causes flaky skin, and this is much, much gentler than other scrubs I've made or bought (sugar scrubs, salt scrubs, apricot scrubs are all too harsh for acne skin). The key is to be very gentle and mix the baking soda in to a watery paste and rub it around on your face for ~1min and rinse.

I haven't used it to clear acne, but in combination with my current regimen (desert essence thoroughly clean face wash, acne.org BP treatment, acne.org moisturizer, Clinique's acne solutions makeup) it doesn't cause irritation and breakouts like other scrubs.

Wonderful exfoliating product, but be VERY gentle!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Good product, clears flakes and dry skin. Just mix with your gentle cleanser and apply VERY gently to your face. Use feather like pressure, and use circle motions for about 30 seconds.

this stuff is fantastic!
Reviewed on June 24, 2013

i mixed some baking soda with a bit of water until it was paste like, put it on my face as a mask and then gently scrubbed off after 10 minutes. results were amazing after the first use..my skin was noticeably clearer!

Reviewed on May 27, 2013

I have now stopped buying exfoliators after discovering baking soda.

once to twice a week depending on how bad my skin is i mix it with a mild cleanser ( like cetaphil )

to exfoliate with.

After using this I find my skin softer,smoother, blackheads mildly reduced, pores shrunken.

It does leave your skin a bit red after.

I overal think that this does clear up my skin.

I havnt used it yet as a mask only exfoliator/cleanser.

I also use baking soda as toothpaste . Some people probably wouldnt like the taste but I dont mind .

I think that baking soda cleans my teeth better than regular toothpaste and also leave my breath fresher and teeth whiter.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I have used a baking soda mask for about 3 weeks now. Twice a week. I did not suffer from acne but spots had begun to leave red marks on my face. I tried expensive microdermabrasion but it did nothing. After I have cleansed my face and used a facial scrub, I mix a heaped teaspoon of baking soda with some strong brewed green tea until it is slightly less consistent as toothpaste. I then very gently rub in small circles for a couple of minutes then leave on as a mask for 10 minutes before rinsing

by Lenlopcof on 12/02/2013 21:01
I've been using baking soda as deodorant and toothpaste since last year when I was still pregnant. I do not have acne but my face is very oily that's why I tried using baking soda as facial cleanser. After I used it, my face became very smooth but I noticed it became a bit dry. I put coconut oil and it's ok. Don't forget to put moisturizer after washing with it.
Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I use baking soda to whiten my teeth but i wouldn't use it for any other beauty trick. I have heard of some people making masks out of it but i simply don't trust putting this on my face. From what i've read it's not that effective and can cause irritation.

by Kittee on 01/07/2014 15:55
Why did you review it if you haven't even tried it?
Reviewed on March 8, 2013

I've had acne my whole you g adult life (I'm 25) and someone told me to mix a bit of honey, baking soda colloidal oatmeal and water, and that it did wonders for their skin. I found a recipe on Pinterest that I started to follow. I did this for about six weeks. It was AWFUL. It smelled terrible and gave me soo many more breakouts. It kept opening up existing ones. My derma told me it did a lot of harm to my skin. I have sensitive dry skin, very fair and break out from everything. Don't try it :(

by Michele w on 10/11/2013 15:42
Try egg whites I'm 42 and I have acne since I was 12. I started an egg white 4 months ago and the first time in my adult life I have clear skin. At first it broke out a little more the usual, but after the second week. It was toner, clearer, no blackheads. Try lady, good luck.
Reviewed on February 6, 2013

I figured I had nothing to lose, so I would wash my face with baking soda at night before bed. It greatly improved my skin, however after a few weeks, it stopped having results. I still recommend it however, because it is cheap and gets results.

Reviewed on January 28, 2013