Page 4 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 892 reviews

Reviewed on March 8, 2013

I've had acne my whole you g adult life (I'm 25) and someone told me to mix a bit of honey, baking soda colloidal oatmeal and water, and that it did wonders for their skin. I found a recipe on Pinterest that I started to follow. I did this for about six weeks. It was AWFUL. It smelled terrible and gave me soo many more breakouts. It kept opening up existing ones. My derma told me it did a lot of harm to my skin. I have sensitive dry skin, very fair and break out from everything. Don't try it :(

by Michele w on 10/11/2013 15:42
Try egg whites I'm 42 and I have acne since I was 12. I started an egg white 4 months ago and the first time in my adult life I have clear skin. At first it broke out a little more the usual, but after the second week. It was toner, clearer, no blackheads. Try lady, good luck.
Reviewed on February 6, 2013

I figured I had nothing to lose, so I would wash my face with baking soda at night before bed. It greatly improved my skin, however after a few weeks, it stopped having results. I still recommend it however, because it is cheap and gets results.

Reviewed on January 28, 2013

Good for 1-2 times a week use

Reviewed on January 19, 2013

I use it to exfoliate my skin when i feel like i need it. I try to use it once every week but sometimes i forget so usually i use it twice a month. if you rub the baking soda to hard on your skin, it will hurt but if you lightly massage it in your skin, after you rinse it, your skin is like baby soft but if you don't apply a moisturizer, your skin will be so dry. after using it, my skin doesn't break out as often and it's cheap

Reviewed on December 30, 2012

I thought I'd give this a go, as my parents are out so they wouldn't see me looking stupid, and my acne had flared up overnight.

I put two teaspoons of baking soda in a small bowl and added water until it was a paste, i then rubbed it over my face, it foamed up a bit so i rubbed it down again. It started to sting after about a minute, but i stuck with it and the stinging stopped after about 5 minutes. It only stung my chin, which is where I often get razor burn after shaving, so I think they may be linked/ aggravating one another.

20 minutes later i stuck my head in a basin of warm water and rubbed all the baking soda off, i looked up into the mirror, and was so shocked! All the redness had gone out of my spots and my skin tone looked so much more even! It was fantastic! I definitely recommend this, if you can put up with the stinging it works a treat, or at least it did for me. I will definitely be continuing with this (at least as long as my parents go out regularly) :)

Reviewed on December 17, 2012

i used this for 2 days now and didn't noticed any change. i have allot of acne on my face and it didn't help at all

Reviewed on December 17, 2012

I use it to exfoliate every other day, and I use it as a mask twice a week.

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I live in the tropics. I have always had issues with acne, but four years ago it became severe. It was so bad I started using accutane which worked, but I was never comfortable with the side effects.

Last year I started to develop cystic acne once again and I decided that I was tired of using pills and brand name acne products that never seemed to work long enough. I did some research and heard about the use of baking soda. I tried other things as well, but this was the one thing that continued to work

Now I hardly break out. It has cleared up my acne, and my dark spots are on their way out the door!

It takes time, and patience is required, but if you stay consistent you will see the results.

Reviewed on December 1, 2012

This is my first time using it so i havent found long term results but y skins reduced swelling and redness and i will use it again

Reviewed on October 30, 2012

I tried this diluted with water. It stung but at the time I thought nothing of it. Later on in the day I noticed little streaks of red on my face. Blood was coming out of my pores in tiny amounts all over my face where the baking soda had been.

Needless to say I discontinued use. It took 3 days for my face to stop bleeding afterwards. I've never seen anything like it before and I wouldn't class my skin as sensitive, although it is perhaps a little dry.

This seems to be an incredibly rare reaction, but please do exercise caution whilst using this product.

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

For the first five days I used a baking soda + water mask on my face, morning and night for three minutes. Then I'd take my Spectro Gel Cleanser and massage that over the mask for two minutes. After rinsing, my skin would be soft, glowing, redness in skin reduced, swelling in pimples reduced, and the large deep acne spots would be much less painful.

After five days of this my forehead was clear for the first time in two years. :):) The rest of my skin was clearer by at least 50% as well, which is HUGE for me.

I now only use it as a spot treatment every two days, and occasionally as a mask, since long term use of baking soda on your skin will damage the acid mantel because of it's extremely high PH value, which can reverse it's healing properties, and make your skin get worse again. Also, it is very powerful and can chemically burn your skin if it's left on too long. Everyone's skin is different, and you'll need to experiment to find out what you can handle. Watch your skin veryyyy carefully while wearing this mask to make sure it's not turning too red, which means it's getting burnt !