Page 3 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 895 reviews

Works well
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I used lemon and baking soda since I have a mix of everything and scars, for the first 5 min I had it on it was fine then it started to feel like cement was on my face so I washed it off and put olive oil on it, I kept doing this 2 times a week and in three weeks all the scars and whiteheads are gone.

amazing results
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I have sensitive skin and every product I was using seemed to irritate and cause more inflammation and breakouts. Due to the nature of my job I wear beauty products daily. Got to the point my acne was impacting my confidence, everything.. One use of baking soda, deep ones started to dry up, open acne healed quickly and it pulled out too. I can use it daily and as a spot treatment, with just water as a thin paste.. Burning sensation and redness after use but this goes away quickly. Results got better with each day. I also used apple cider vinegar to bring up deep acne the exfoliated it away with b soda. When my skin gets dry, i use coconut oil as a facial and cleanse it off with b soda. got rid of all unnatural products on my face. even clean my make up brushes with it.. Love the results.

Not an every day mask, but works great!
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

I have SUPER sensitive, oily skin. I also have moderate acne. I cannot use anything on my face without it breaking out, Cetaphil, Clean&Clear, Neutrogena, expensive acne kits, etc. The first time I used baking soda (1 tbs of baking soda mixed with a little witch hazel and water) as I was rubbing it on, my skin was on fire! I could not get the baking soda mix off fast enough! It immediately turned my whole face bright red. However, as I was examining my face for damage, it was like the baking soda has loosened up every blackhead on my face, especially my nose! I went over my skin with some witch hazel afterwards to soothe it and literally the next day I could see an improvement in my skin. My giant, oily pores were much smaller and looked great! My skin also looked better too!

I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use, it is an intense detox. I have used it once a week now for the past 5 weeks and my skin looks and feels waaay better than it did. It also no longer burns my skin when I use it, which I think is because I no longer have huge pores. Most importantly skin looks and feels healthy! I still have acne, but it doesn't hurt and throb like it use to. My face is also not a constant shade of red.

i really notice a difference
Reviewed on October 20, 2013

I used it only once overnight. And I noticed a dramatic difference in pimple swelling and redness. I used a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda because I learned that the acidity in lemons help fight Bacteria and also help lighten the skin. So I applied the baking soda lemon juice mixture as a mask overnight and my skin is alot smoother and more radiant. And the pimple size went down. I'm definitely using this again ^_^

So far so Good!
Reviewed on August 22, 2013

I started using Baking Soda as a Face Mask in hopes to find something inexpensive to help eliminate my breakouts and blackheads. I first put a warm cloth over my face to open the pores. If I am short on time I wet a wash cloth with warm water and dab my face. Then I pour baking soda into the palm of my hand and add warm water. Scoop up the paste and apply it in a circular motion all around my face and nose area especially around the hairline. I leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off in the shower or sink again wiping my face gently in a circular motion. When the mask is on for ten minutes I do feel a slight burn like when you apply astringent but its nothing painful or nothing that results in my face being irritated or red. The pimples that I did have started to dry up and clear away. My face does feel softer and feels clean. So far so good! I also used it in the shower for my body and my skin feels great!

This product may ruin your skin's ability to retain moisture!
Reviewed on August 19, 2013

Baking soda has a very high pH compared to your skin, so using it can compromise the lipid layer of your skin that absorbs moisture! Anything citrus-y should be avoided for this reason as well.

Go on youtube and search "Skin, pH and the moisture barrier (and why it's important)." It's super helpful.

A very gentle exfoliator
Reviewed on July 6, 2013

I keep a small tub of dry baking soda next to my shower. Near the end of my shower, I scoop some up, mix it with a little water, gently rub on, then rinse. I use it daily, in combination with drugstore cleanser.

Exfoliation is very important to clear excess dead skin. Baking soda is also helpful when you have something like sweat, sunscreen, or food grease on your face. Just make sure to follow every exfoliation with moisturizer, or your skin could become too dry.

A cheap gentle exfoliating treatment
Reviewed on July 2, 2013

I use this once or twice a week in the mornings to exfoliate. Using BP every day causes flaky skin, and this is much, much gentler than other scrubs I've made or bought (sugar scrubs, salt scrubs, apricot scrubs are all too harsh for acne skin). The key is to be very gentle and mix the baking soda in to a watery paste and rub it around on your face for ~1min and rinse.

I haven't used it to clear acne, but in combination with my current regimen (desert essence thoroughly clean face wash, acne.org BP treatment, acne.org moisturizer, Clinique's acne solutions makeup) it doesn't cause irritation and breakouts like other scrubs.

Wonderful exfoliating product, but be VERY gentle!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Good product, clears flakes and dry skin. Just mix with your gentle cleanser and apply VERY gently to your face. Use feather like pressure, and use circle motions for about 30 seconds.

this stuff is fantastic!
Reviewed on June 24, 2013

i mixed some baking soda with a bit of water until it was paste like, put it on my face as a mask and then gently scrubbed off after 10 minutes. results were amazing after the first use..my skin was noticeably clearer!