Page 3 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 908 reviews

LOVE IT
Reviewed on June 8, 2014

I use it as a spot treatment with that and a little witch hazel and it works like magic. It instantly brings zits to a head and reduces pain.

Used as face scrub
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I have been using it as a face scrub to remove dead skin, dirt and oiliness and works beautifully. Not only that, but it's all natural and cheap. I have also put it overnight on some larger cystic type pimples, which certainly helped reduce the redness and swelling. Highly recommend.

Wonderful
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

Every day I use 1tsp of baking soda mixed with 3 tbsp brewed coffee grounds, 3 tsp sugar, 2 tsp dish soap and 1 tsp neutrogena daily/mask. I scrub my entire face, and body with it and then rinse. Then dry without a towel to prevent irritation.

So-so
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

It's a great exfoliator, but it dries my skin out terribly and occasionally causes breakouts, even (and sometimes especially) if I moisturize afterward. It's a very good spot treatment though. But my main preference for it is as a shampoo. :)

by ShinyBaby123 on 07/15/2014 17:31
How do you use it as a shampoo? Like how much are you supposed to use and stuff?
It's a life saver!
Reviewed on March 9, 2014

I've been using baking soda as my face wash for just over a year now and I love it. I just started using it on my chest and back to help with acne there as well and it's done wonders for me. I also use it under my arms to help get off any deodorant that didn't come off with my body wash. I don't mix anything with the baking soda, I just wet my face when I'm taking a shower in the morning, or in the sink when I'm getting ready for bed, take a little bit of the baking soda in my hand and scrub my face a bit. When I do wear makeup, the baking soda manages to get off the remainder of the makeup that I may have missed with my makeup remover. I have super sensitive skin and this is honestly the only thing my skin hasn't reacted badly too. My skin is really oily as well and helps manage that a bit too. Plus it feels good to exfoliate my skin! It's really been a life saver for me because I've struggled with acne since I was 11 and have spent way to much money on different products and since I'm a poor broke college student right now, it's the most cost effective thing for me.

Only one problem
Reviewed on February 26, 2014

To create my paste, I mixed about 1/4 part water and 3/4 part baking soda (you can use what ever you please, it's preference). Then I washed my face until it was clean then I applied the paste with a brush, you can use your fingers though. The mask was a bit uncomfortable but that was because it was drying and tightening my skin, which I assumed would happen. After three uses of this, I saw INSANE results but the only bad thing is, after a week of using it everyday the results dumbed down and it stopped working. So I suggest that you use it and take a break for a week or so, other than that, it took away many acne scar! It's great before a big event! But make sure you test it on a small patch of skin first.

by RadiantMilk on 02/26/2014 23:45
I meant affordable *
Awesome
Reviewed on February 23, 2014

Well over the years my face was full of scars from pimples and pimples themselves. I always wanted that flawless face girls used to have. So one day I started looking for home remedies for my acne and I saw baking soda. I mixed the baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and everytime I showered I would used it as a scrub. After a week my face was flawless and even though I still had scars the pimples were gone.

Amazing
Reviewed on February 21, 2014

Well at first it was hard to mix to get that pasty texture but then I got a hang of it

Not just for baking
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I mix this is with most of my face washes as well as my body wash. It reduces redness, dries my oily skin just right, takes off the flaking from healed spots. Cleans and clears both my facial acne as well as my body acne. I mix this in with my facial wash, and my tea tree soap bar for my body.

Totally Worth the Sting!
Reviewed on January 28, 2014

This product was Amazing! I didn't think much of it when I first came across it but thought that I would give it a go and it was awesome. I used 2tbsp of baking soda and mixed it with 2 tsps of water and made a paste and applied it in circular motions. Left it on for about 10 mins and rinsed with warm water. My face looks great! Reduced swelling, and cleared out pores.