Page 2 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 956 reviews

Calmed my irritated skin
Reviewed on May 2, 2016

I almost never have breakouts, maybe one or two blemished during my menstrual cycle. My business has recently expanded, and while painting the walls, I noticed the paint loosened and started to separate from the wall. So I took a scraper and started to chip away any the many layers covering the concrete. What a job it was. 8 hours or so for 5 days in a row I chipped away at the paint. It was hot, I was sweating, and I'd come home each day covered in chips of paint. After the second day I noticed my skin was irritated and deep zits were rising to the surface of my cheeks. After a couple more days I was positive it was related to the paint. My dog also started having wheezing attacks and it didn't take long before I realized the paint I was chipping away at and coming home each night covered in was lead paint.

I stopped working and for the next two weeks I was tormented by the worst acne of my life. My skin was so irritated and every day it seemed new painful zits were popping up. Finally I decided I needed something cooling to just calm my capillaries and nutralize my very sensitive inflamed skin.

I'm a huge fan of baking soda, it cured my heartburn that I suffered from for years. So without hesitation, I mixed baking soda with coconut oil each night and gently scrubbed my face with it. I saw incredible results literally the next day after using it. My pores calmed down, and I could see the skin smoothing out. It took a total of about five days, my skin healed and the acne retreated.

I do highly recommend baking soda. I don't think it's something to fear. Sodium bicarbonate is a naturally occurring chemical in our bodies the regulates the level of electricity in our blood stream (ph levels). the balance of alkalinity and acidly in our bodies in crucial. Of course acids are important, acids digest our food in our stomach, but alkalinity is vital. Without making sure we take extra steps to alkaline ourselves our bodies tend to go acidic. Baking soda is a easy way to keep those levels in check.

keep this FAR away from your skin!
Reviewed on February 27, 2016

do not use this on your skin, your skins mantle (the protective layer over the top of your skin that keeps things like pollution and bacteria entering your pores) Is actually acidic, baking soda is highly alkaline and by applying this to your skin you are destroying your skins protective layer, exposing it to more bacteria and dirt than ever before. the results may be instant for blackheads and it might look great, but you are actually breaking down your own skin. this is why it has a stinging effect on the skin, STINGING/TINGLING IS NOT GOOD this sort of feel on the skin is usually associated with irritation and is produced by harsh chemicals being introduced to the skin. do not use this or over time you will regret!

hmm..
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

it was good but i noticed i have bigger pore i think its to harsh for face

Dosent do much except some amount of exfoliation
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

After reading rave reviews, I tried this on my harmonal acne. I have a very sensistive and combination skin. It did nothing for my acne but did smoothen my skin out a bit. Mixing it with honey and using as a scrub worked better than leaving it as a mask. For sensitive skin- do a patch test before you decide to try out.

Hmm title?
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I have a love-hate relationship with this stuff.

On the one hand, it worked well to exfoliate my skin and left it feeling "smooth" and helped kill bad acne bacteria I'm sure.

I wouldn't use it very often because even though it temporarily helps your skin, it still causes damage at the micro level. Meaning your outer skin layer, epidermis, has a system already in place to exfoliate, and an acid mantle to protect/disinfect your skin. Rubbing a very basic (ph 9~) solution of baking soda and water will totally throw of your skin's "natural order." So just be gentle if you wanna try this. I really don't recommend you scrub your face every day. Doing so can cause sebum production to go into overdrive/make hyperkeratosis (overproduction of keratin in the skin helping to clog pores in acne) worse -because your skin is attempting in it's own rudimentary ways to heal itself.

TL;DR go easy on this scrub treatment, work on acne from the inside-out, be gentle with your skin :)

Not bad at all :-P
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

I'm making cream like consistency out of soda and fresh orange juice and tap taping it into my T zone with contour brush (if I go outside T zone, my skin around is burned). I'm very satisfied by seeing 50% improvement of presence of my nasty pores just in couple of minutes :-)

Works overnight!!
Reviewed on November 13, 2015

I mix a small amount of baking soda with a small amount of water to form a paste, then I apply it with a clean foundation brush to any affected areas on my face. I let it sit until it goes dry and then gently rinse it off. Afterwards, I dab some hydrogen peroxide on and then leave it at that. Works frickin fantastic! Only thing that will clear up my cheeks. I only use this method when I'm having a bad breakout but it works!! Stops the pimples in their tracks.

by TripleN on 11/13/2015 06:07
And another quick comment, I never actually rub it into my face. Just gently pat it on and gently rinse it off :)
Feels niice
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

Every now and the I add baking soda to my facial scrub with Dr. Bronners Tea tree oil soap and it makes me face feel extra clean and soft.

I am a fan.

I'm glad to find what I thought was an experiment is actually a tactic a few others have tried as well

(FYI, if you add a pinch to your toothpaste/ brush.. It makes your teeth feel extra clean as well!)

Last resort... update, so i thought i can escape the expenses but i was wrong!!!
Reviewed on September 25, 2015

I hope the brand i used today will work. Cant find arm&hammer. I do hope baking soda will do its magic on me. Ive been suffering from acne since highschool now im 31, couple of years ago my face became better, few pimples before my period, i was using derma t soln made in ksa where i was working. sadly cant find that here in france, since i came here 3 months ago i noticed my pores became bigger but i ignored it, plus i used different bath soap and facial cleanser bec most of the product i used in ksa were not available here. Then one day i noticed those pores are filled with blackheads, then pimples everywhere mostly on my forhead and jaw line, and they became bigger and so painful. I looked terrible now, my self esteem is 6ft under the ground. I tried benzoyl peroxide but i think it contributes to the cystic acne. When i stopped it no new cystic ones appeared. I really hope baking soda will give me my xmas wish, just to have a clear skin.

I will change my rating later when i got results, but now i feel so clean after 1 wash with baking soda and it didnt give me a sting. Maybe it didnt work??? Hope not. I leave it for 5 mins im scared to wait for the sting.

update... i stopped using it after 3 weeks, i didnt see any improvement in fact my condition became worse, more blackheads, yes easily to extract but noticeably larger number, and the active pimple wont dry up, so i have no choice but to go to the professionals, she prescribed me eryfluid an antibiotic topical solution and avene facial wash and cream, after almost a week, i see some improvements even others noticed it, im loving the avene products even a little bit expensive, i know, i can feel its so mild and working, the oily T zone is gone, i hope this is the start to reclaim my selfesteem, as to baking soda, atleast i gave it a try...

Great. <3
Reviewed on September 17, 2015

The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes it irritates my face, but I have to realize that

I'm the one who's exfoliating too hard. But all in all, it actually helps me. I have literally about 20+ little tiny bumps all over my face and forehead. I use this about every night, and USUALLY I scrub very gently, and it does the job for me. It takes away those stupid, irritating little bumps.