Page 2 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 936 reviews

Baking Soda

Good
Reviewed on June 20, 2015

I loved this! It works really well with scars.

Well it does nothing to the active pimples though. But it really helps with the scars. I use it with water. 2:1 ratio.

It takes a lot of time to dissapear scars but use it daily and I promise you,you'll see the results. I doesnt suit many people though. Like it didnt suit my sister. When she applied it. she got the burning sensation and it stings. But it worked well for me. I have also used to it turmeric and ACV. Baking soda and turmeric is the best and the most fav combination of mine.

by ElKiz on 08/15/2015 15:53
are u just mix it with turmeric n apply it on ur face..?
by ElKiz on 08/15/2015 16:04
are u just mix it with turmeric n apply it on ur face..?
by candy1180 on 08/30/2015 17:39
yes turmeric+water+baking soda.
Highly Alkaline! Please do not
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Please DO NOT use this as a daily face wash or regularly. Baking soda is highly alkaline and that can damage your skin.

Please read to learn more:

[link removed]

[link removed]

Https://[link removed]

I will wait for the results
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

I have used baking soda 3 times. My recipe: one tsp baking soda, 2 tsp lemon juices, 2 drop of tea tree oil, 3 tsp water, mix them and apply all my face, it makes me break out on the forehead so much.

Second time, I use them on only my scar areas and i can see some red scars was lighten.

and the last( last night), I use and don't see the improvement

I will wait for the results in next 2-3 months (because my scars were long time ago: > 10 years).

Making a smooth baking soda cream
Reviewed on June 9, 2015

baking soda helps dry acne out. The skin pulls enormously which means it is very effective. But results come only after one week. Not just for pimples but also for painful boils on the face. Baking soda dissolves in water. To make a baking soda cream for acne, grate a bit of bathing soap into a metal container. Add some water to melt it on the stove. Meanwhile add a strong dose of baking soda in a hot cup of water. Stir until dissolved, then add this water to the melted soap. It will rise, so take it away from the fire and keep stirring. When warm, add some essential oil to it, stir well and pour into a vaseline jar. After a while the baking soda soap mixture will become solid and creamy. Rub on the pimples and boils on the face and you do not need to wash it off. The skin pulls helping pimples and boils to dry. But due to its strong effect, the need will rise to wash your face. After the wash, it feels like it is still working. Use a favorite oil to massage your face as the baking soda soap cream keeps working unfailingly. It is my experiment. Boils come one after another on my face. I needed something strong and not grainy. So making a grainless cream from baking soda is worthwhile. Now it is just the wait to see how my experiment works.

Ghanshyaam

Nah.
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

Have tried this a few times over the years. It's cheap so maybe it's worth trying for you but my skin didn't respond to it at all, by any method of application, except just getting a little pink. If my skin is itchy for some reason I'll soak in a tub with some baking soda and epsom salts but it never helped my acne. The only reason I'd recommend it is because it does help with my itchy legs when I throw some in a bath, so I'm sure there are possibly benefits with other skin issues, and it's probably in your kitchen somewhere already and you don't have anything to lose.

Use a pH balance toner
Reviewed on May 19, 2015

After using baking soda as a exfoliate I use a toner to balance back my skin

Baking Soda and Castor Oil
Reviewed on May 2, 2015

I put a mixture of Baking Soda and Castor Oil on my face to get rid of mole.

Now my face is very dry and rough looking. It's working but also causing my skin to peel and blotch a lot.

Can anyone tell me what I can use to get smooth skin again?

by Cheryl Anne on 06/07/2015 17:40
You might be doing it too frequently. Baking soda works marvelously when I use it in moderation. But when I am anxious about something and become obsessive, trying to make myself feel better by exfoliating soon after a previous treatment I get breakouts. We are tearing some layers of the skin when we do this. exfoliating one time or twice a week is good. Any more than that and the skin might have an adverse reaction. Hope this helped. Oh yeah, right now mys skin is almost perfect.
Burned my face REALLY BAD!
Reviewed on April 25, 2015

exam night and i'm having a few annoying stress pimples. i read about the baking soda paste and leaving it for 15-20 minutes thing..

well.. i didn't even get to reach the 10 minute mark..

it's my first time using it and i thought the slight burning sensation was normal..

just around the 7 minute mark i thought of washing it off..

i added some water and scrubbed the firs pimple a little but it was burning bad when i did .. so i just washed the rest off..

i dried my face and found out those huge red markings on my face and the part where i ruled .. my skin was peeled like a chemical burn!!

BAD BAD BAD .. don't even think about it!!

by niquedizzy on 04/29/2015 05:56
Don't leave it on for more than a minute! It's definitely not a mask.
by happyhealthylife004 on 05/22/2015 18:44
You should never leaving baking soda on your face for more then 3 minutes!!! If you do it can cause burning sensations and discomfort.
Baking soda is bad for skin!!!
Reviewed on April 25, 2015

The pH of baking soda is 9, whereas skin is slightly acidic at 4.5-5. Using baking soda will be a huge irritant and upset your skin's natural protective barriers. Bacteria actually likes alkaline cultures, so using this can encourage bacterial growth. It's also way too abrasive - it can cause micro-tears (tiny openings in the skin which allow bacteria to enter) and also broken capillaries, which can only be fixed by laser treatments.

by stacyk318 on 05/23/2015 06:17
Are you saying it's too basic to put in skin??
please advise what to do next .....
Reviewed on April 5, 2015

I had acne from 7-8 years mostly on my cheeks went to dermatologist many times, after 2 months medication acne reduces but after 5-6 months when i stop the medication it starts again. one day i read about baking soda and i started using it. Before going to bed i used to apply baking soda with water paste for 10-15 minutes and after that coconut oil to moisturize for almost one week. it gave me fairer skin and my acne spots were lighten now. i was very happy after one week i had to go for party so i used Ayur cucumber face pack for 10 minutes. next day morning i got 4-5 pimples on my cheeks and one big one between my eyebrows. red and white it was painful. after that i am not using any thing on my skin. i am afraid to use any thing on my face. i am confuse shall i use baking soda again or not. :(

by RDMF on 04/25/2015 15:53
Baking soda is far too basic for your skin (it's a 9 on the pH scale, whereas your face is around 4.5) so it can be a huge irritant, and will damage your skin's natural protective barriers. Acne-causing bacteria thrives under these conditions, so prolonged use of baking soda will make your acne worse. It's also way too abrasive for your face - it can cause micro-tears or broken capillaries, which can only be fixed by laser treatments. Please don't use it anymore.
by Tidleywinx on 05/04/2015 18:46
Coconut oil is high on the comedogenic rating with a 4 out of 0-5 rating... try using a less comedogenic oil like hemp seed or something. Jojoba is actually a wax and closely mimics the sebum in skin and it's not on the list but I think it's a 2 on the rating on another site. Lot of people find it helps them with removing blackheads etc. Anyway, coconut is definitely not for everyone!! Lot of people use it fine but for others it is bad for their skin like me! I use baking soda myself as a spot treatment with lemon juice and even with sensitive skin it seems to be fine. Everything works different for different people.
by Naturehubs123 on 05/15/2015 02:51
Hey! For starters never use baking soda...but there is always honey with cinnamon face mask or Vaseline (it sounds crazy but try it) worked great for me.
by Naturehubs123 on 05/15/2015 02:51
by Cheryl Anne on 06/07/2015 17:47
You said that the baking soda was working but later in the week you used another product on your skin. Maybe that is the problem. Not the baking soda. My philosophy is the simpler the better. Oh yeah and plenty of water and little stress. Stress actually has a lot to do with our bodies' biological reactions. What we can detect on the outside is only an affirmation of a process that we would otherwise be completely unaware of internally. Hope this helped.