Page 2 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 902 reviews

when all else fails...
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

My acne fluctuates with my cycle, usually. I tried birth control but hated the way it made me feel. Last month, I had a terribly stubborn break out and I could tell it was more than just hormones as it wouldn't go away. I tried a facial scrub with baking soda on my problem areas and the results were amazing! My face has been pimple free for weeks after just one scrub. Don't over do it. Try it once and vow to keep your fingers off your face and you will see results! I wish I tried this sooner!

Great Exfolient, reduces redness and removes built-up dirt + bacteria! Will use again!
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

So, I tried Baking Soda Mask for the first time today after reading some great reviews. I was impressed, but not overly impressed like most of the reviews state. While it did help to relieve my redness and irritation, it did not reduce the size of any of my whiteheads. However my skin is extremely soft afterwards. I also did not notice any burning sensation and I mixed mine with Lemon - I might just have tough skin - I do put it through a lot. Anyways, this is a great natural exfolient and I will be using it 1-2x/week because it removes a love of dead skin and reduces redness and inflammation, so it's great for that! It's definitely not a quick fix, but with other treatments, I bet it will help enhance the results.

that clean feeling
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

After having your usual acne for around 3 years i started to wonder if putting chemicals on my face was such a good idea! I knew about the baking soda method a long time ago just never tried it. What a mistake that was!!! After your first mask which i left on for approx. 5 mins, my face felt SOOO CLEAN! And a bit red if im honest but that soon faded! This clean feeling would last for ages after the mask too! Ive recently broke out with blackheads around the bridge of my nose which is unusual for me but baking soda has helped drasticly! PLEASE TRY THIS!!!

A MUST READ FOR YOU GUYS WHO WANTED CLEAR SKIN
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

Hello! I've been suffering from acne since I was 11 years old and that affected my confidence, I rarely go out of our house because I was so embarrassed of what my face looks like. I have tried many products but none of it really cleared up my skin. So my major breakout was when I was 14-15 years old (I'm 16 now, btw) and I was so desperate to clear and cure my acne because it really sucks having those bumps and puss on your face. :'( And then finally!!! MY FACE CLEARED UP. What I did was to use Sulfur soap (Dr. Wongs Sulfur soap) which works slowly but it really is effective if you are patient then after patting my face dry, I'll put Eskinol and I'll mix Dalacin-c, I'll use that before I go to bed. DON'T use this treatment when going out under the sun because it might burn your face. and don't use this treatment for too long because the dalacin-c will no longer be effective because it is an antibiotic. BUT IT IS REALLY EFFECTIVE, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE TWO WEEKS AFTER USING IT. I am also using baking soda twice a week and/or Egg yolk mask. this routine cleared up my skin. But just this March I started breaking out again, not that bad tho but it won't stop so I have acne marks again on my skin which really frustrates me a lot. So what I did this time was different, I am putting honey in my face and rub it in circular motion and after a minute or two I'll wash it and then I bought Cetaphil facial cleanser and wash my face with the cleanser, after that, I'll use Apple cider vinegar as a toner (Diluted 50% water, 50% acv) and when my face absorbed the toner I then put Palmer's cocoa butter Skin Therapy Oil for my acne marks or hyperpigmentation and after that I'll put Petroleum Jelly for the dry patches on my skin because my skin is Combination. I noticed the change on my face after 2 or 3 days. I am doing this twice a day, morning and night. It never broke me out. Ever. Now I'm just waiting for my pimple marks to fade. I'm so happy with the condition of my skin right now and I gained my confidence back. Stick to natural methods. It will do miracle. =)) I am planning to buy another box of baking soda because it's doing its job well on fading my marks and preventing pimples from coming out. I am also doing Oatmeal + Honey + Tea face mask or Turmeric + Honey face mask once a week. I also exfoliate using Oatmeal only once or twice a week. I tried exfoliating with sugar but I broke out after using it, I thought that's not the cause so the following week I used that again but sadly, I broke out again after that so I changed to oatmeal. It leaves my skin soft. I also drink tea (green or black). I also tried drinking ACV, a cup of water + 1 tsp of ACV, in empty stomach before. It really did its job. I noticed dramatic changes 2 or 3 days after :) and drink lots of water. It really helps. Occasionally, I rub banana peels on my face before I wash my face whenever there is banana available on our kitchen. Hahaha. I also tried using Defensil, it's so good!!! But I decided to use the Cetaphil instead. But you can use Defensil also because it really dried up my pimples. :) So yea, guys, you might wanna try those routines that I did because I can vouch for its effectiveness. :) God bless and don't give up! You guys can fight those suckers. :)

by Fuddylove13 on 06/26/2014 22:00
Where did you get the soap?
by ShinyBaby123 on 07/15/2014 17:11
Your posting has been EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!!! There is more info here than I can find on 2 or 3 sites combined. Thank you so much for sharing your information !
LOVE IT
Reviewed on June 8, 2014

I use it as a spot treatment with that and a little witch hazel and it works like magic. It instantly brings zits to a head and reduces pain.

Used as face scrub
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I have been using it as a face scrub to remove dead skin, dirt and oiliness and works beautifully. Not only that, but it's all natural and cheap. I have also put it overnight on some larger cystic type pimples, which certainly helped reduce the redness and swelling. Highly recommend.

Wonderful
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

Every day I use 1tsp of baking soda mixed with 3 tbsp brewed coffee grounds, 3 tsp sugar, 2 tsp dish soap and 1 tsp neutrogena daily/mask. I scrub my entire face, and body with it and then rinse. Then dry without a towel to prevent irritation.

So-so
Reviewed on March 18, 2014

It's a great exfoliator, but it dries my skin out terribly and occasionally causes breakouts, even (and sometimes especially) if I moisturize afterward. It's a very good spot treatment though. But my main preference for it is as a shampoo. :)

by ShinyBaby123 on 07/15/2014 17:31
How do you use it as a shampoo? Like how much are you supposed to use and stuff?
It's a life saver!
Reviewed on March 9, 2014

I've been using baking soda as my face wash for just over a year now and I love it. I just started using it on my chest and back to help with acne there as well and it's done wonders for me. I also use it under my arms to help get off any deodorant that didn't come off with my body wash. I don't mix anything with the baking soda, I just wet my face when I'm taking a shower in the morning, or in the sink when I'm getting ready for bed, take a little bit of the baking soda in my hand and scrub my face a bit. When I do wear makeup, the baking soda manages to get off the remainder of the makeup that I may have missed with my makeup remover. I have super sensitive skin and this is honestly the only thing my skin hasn't reacted badly too. My skin is really oily as well and helps manage that a bit too. Plus it feels good to exfoliate my skin! It's really been a life saver for me because I've struggled with acne since I was 11 and have spent way to much money on different products and since I'm a poor broke college student right now, it's the most cost effective thing for me.

Only one problem
Reviewed on February 26, 2014

To create my paste, I mixed about 1/4 part water and 3/4 part baking soda (you can use what ever you please, it's preference). Then I washed my face until it was clean then I applied the paste with a brush, you can use your fingers though. The mask was a bit uncomfortable but that was because it was drying and tightening my skin, which I assumed would happen. After three uses of this, I saw INSANE results but the only bad thing is, after a week of using it everyday the results dumbed down and it stopped working. So I suggest that you use it and take a break for a week or so, other than that, it took away many acne scar! It's great before a big event! But make sure you test it on a small patch of skin first.

by RadiantMilk on 02/26/2014 23:45