Page 2 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 960 reviews

Deeply unsuccessful
Reviewed on July 13, 2016

I have been suffering with acne since I was a teenager, with both whiteheads/blackheards and comedones on my forehead. I used baking soda every morning in my skin routine in order to try minimizing blackheads and my comedones. I scrub my face with oatmeal, wash with baking soda/water mixture using a cotton pad and then moisturize with witch hazel.

I followed this routine for two months and saw no positive improvement of my acne, my blackheads remained the same and I still have the same flaring acne as before. Although I have sensitive skin it did not irritate or worsen the acne I already have present on my forehead, chin and cheeks. If you do try this I recommend doing a skin test and waiting a few days before using it because it is a strong product to apply to your face.

Overall I saw no improvement and would not recommend using this product.

IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN DO NOT GO NEAR THIS!!
Reviewed on May 23, 2016

I have sensitive and acne prone skin and this product made my skin worse. It also made my skin really dry and it was really irritating.

it works great
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

This is the best thing I have ever added to my skin care regime! I tend to get acne around my jaw and cheeks due to the pores there being smaller and more prone to clogging. I use this as an everyday exfoliator and cleanser. I have never seen my skin so clear and help with my acne scars. i also mix BS with toothpaste and brush my teeth as it is teeth whitener and Its a great deodorizer too.

Not for everyday use, but don't overlook the benefits
Reviewed on May 7, 2016

Just like any other "natural" item in your war chest of acne fighters, this is not meant for everyday use since it can mess with the pH balance that skin needs. I am a huge fan of taking a swig of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV with the "mother") and a mouthful of water chaser before bed to help control my acne. I've been on antibiotics for 10+ years to control cystic acne and wanted OFF of them as they began to make my teeth grey and joints stiff. So I'm down to the lowest dosage and nearly off of them now that I have a long term routine with these three things: #1. I wash my face only with warm water. Yup! I wash it well, but rarely use any cleanser on any area except for mascara. And yes, I do wear foundation or mineral powder and yes, the water cleans it off. This is two years in practice along with #2. ACV as mentioned above for nearly a year. And when I have a break out area, #3. I lightly rub it with baking soda and rinse off. I don't let it sit on my face for any longer than 30 seconds. I repeat it in the morning and that's it. ACV on your face, or alcohol, or peroxide, or witch hazel are all short term solutions and all work to varying degrees. But using anything everyday will throw off the natural balance your skin needs to get clear and stay clear. Try washing with just plain ole' water for a few weeks and let your skin do the work it was made to do along with these other little helpers and see if you enjoy the same results I'm getting. Hope this helps!

by FelishaKayy on 07/06/2016 02:50
they have a face wash towel at sephora. you just wet it. it's called 'the makeup eraser' towel, and from what i've seen, it works wonders.
Calmed my irritated skin
Reviewed on May 2, 2016

I almost never have breakouts, maybe one or two blemished during my menstrual cycle. My business has recently expanded, and while painting the walls, I noticed the paint loosened and started to separate from the wall. So I took a scraper and started to chip away any the many layers covering the concrete. What a job it was. 8 hours or so for 5 days in a row I chipped away at the paint. It was hot, I was sweating, and I'd come home each day covered in chips of paint. After the second day I noticed my skin was irritated and deep zits were rising to the surface of my cheeks. After a couple more days I was positive it was related to the paint. My dog also started having wheezing attacks and it didn't take long before I realized the paint I was chipping away at and coming home each night covered in was lead paint.

I stopped working and for the next two weeks I was tormented by the worst acne of my life. My skin was so irritated and every day it seemed new painful zits were popping up. Finally I decided I needed something cooling to just calm my capillaries and nutralize my very sensitive inflamed skin.

I'm a huge fan of baking soda, it cured my heartburn that I suffered from for years. So without hesitation, I mixed baking soda with coconut oil each night and gently scrubbed my face with it. I saw incredible results literally the next day after using it. My pores calmed down, and I could see the skin smoothing out. It took a total of about five days, my skin healed and the acne retreated.

I do highly recommend baking soda. I don't think it's something to fear. Sodium bicarbonate is a naturally occurring chemical in our bodies the regulates the level of electricity in our blood stream (ph levels). the balance of alkalinity and acidly in our bodies in crucial. Of course acids are important, acids digest our food in our stomach, but alkalinity is vital. Without making sure we take extra steps to alkaline ourselves our bodies tend to go acidic. Baking soda is a easy way to keep those levels in check.

keep this FAR away from your skin!
Reviewed on February 27, 2016

do not use this on your skin, your skins mantle (the protective layer over the top of your skin that keeps things like pollution and bacteria entering your pores) Is actually acidic, baking soda is highly alkaline and by applying this to your skin you are destroying your skins protective layer, exposing it to more bacteria and dirt than ever before. the results may be instant for blackheads and it might look great, but you are actually breaking down your own skin. this is why it has a stinging effect on the skin, STINGING/TINGLING IS NOT GOOD this sort of feel on the skin is usually associated with irritation and is produced by harsh chemicals being introduced to the skin. do not use this or over time you will regret!

hmm..
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

it was good but i noticed i have bigger pore i think its to harsh for face

Dosent do much except some amount of exfoliation
Reviewed on December 30, 2015

After reading rave reviews, I tried this on my harmonal acne. I have a very sensistive and combination skin. It did nothing for my acne but did smoothen my skin out a bit. Mixing it with honey and using as a scrub worked better than leaving it as a mask. For sensitive skin- do a patch test before you decide to try out.

Hmm title?
Reviewed on December 2, 2015

I have a love-hate relationship with this stuff.

On the one hand, it worked well to exfoliate my skin and left it feeling "smooth" and helped kill bad acne bacteria I'm sure.

I wouldn't use it very often because even though it temporarily helps your skin, it still causes damage at the micro level. Meaning your outer skin layer, epidermis, has a system already in place to exfoliate, and an acid mantle to protect/disinfect your skin. Rubbing a very basic (ph 9~) solution of baking soda and water will totally throw of your skin's "natural order." So just be gentle if you wanna try this. I really don't recommend you scrub your face every day. Doing so can cause sebum production to go into overdrive/make hyperkeratosis (overproduction of keratin in the skin helping to clog pores in acne) worse -because your skin is attempting in it's own rudimentary ways to heal itself.

TL;DR go easy on this scrub treatment, work on acne from the inside-out, be gentle with your skin :)

Not bad at all :-P
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

I'm making cream like consistency out of soda and fresh orange juice and tap taping it into my T zone with contour brush (if I go outside T zone, my skin around is burned). I'm very satisfied by seeing 50% improvement of presence of my nasty pores just in couple of minutes :-)