Page 2 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 905 reviews

Tried once
Reviewed on September 20, 2014

I tried it once as a mask, i fins it's more mess than i want, read a lot that makes skin dry and did not work for me, i have tried other treatments that i can see at least a slight result within the first application. This wasnt one of them.

when I run out of meds
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

this works for me when I have a lot of breakouts. The yellow thing on my zit comes off easily which helps me a lot. it tightens my pores and makes my skin feels smoother. What I like more about this is when I run out of meds, I can get some of this just in our kitchen.

Mix with cucumber!
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

I tried a baking soda mask (just baking soda with water) first, and only kept it on for a minute or so. Still, it seemed to be drawing out stuff from my skin. So, I decided to try it again. I have sensitive skin, so I mixed about an eighth of a large cucumber, skinned it, mashed it into a paste, then mixed it with the baking soda mask. It neutralizes the sting, and cucumber also has soothing properties. This let me keep the mask on longer because it stung less. It seems to work really well!

when all else fails...
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

My acne fluctuates with my cycle, usually. I tried birth control but hated the way it made me feel. Last month, I had a terribly stubborn break out and I could tell it was more than just hormones as it wouldn't go away. I tried a facial scrub with baking soda on my problem areas and the results were amazing! My face has been pimple free for weeks after just one scrub. Don't over do it. Try it once and vow to keep your fingers off your face and you will see results! I wish I tried this sooner!

Great Exfolient, reduces redness and removes built-up dirt + bacteria! Will use again!
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

So, I tried Baking Soda Mask for the first time today after reading some great reviews. I was impressed, but not overly impressed like most of the reviews state. While it did help to relieve my redness and irritation, it did not reduce the size of any of my whiteheads. However my skin is extremely soft afterwards. I also did not notice any burning sensation and I mixed mine with Lemon - I might just have tough skin - I do put it through a lot. Anyways, this is a great natural exfolient and I will be using it 1-2x/week because it removes a love of dead skin and reduces redness and inflammation, so it's great for that! It's definitely not a quick fix, but with other treatments, I bet it will help enhance the results.

that clean feeling
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

After having your usual acne for around 3 years i started to wonder if putting chemicals on my face was such a good idea! I knew about the baking soda method a long time ago just never tried it. What a mistake that was!!! After your first mask which i left on for approx. 5 mins, my face felt SOOO CLEAN! And a bit red if im honest but that soon faded! This clean feeling would last for ages after the mask too! Ive recently broke out with blackheads around the bridge of my nose which is unusual for me but baking soda has helped drasticly! PLEASE TRY THIS!!!

A MUST READ FOR YOU GUYS WHO WANTED CLEAR SKIN
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

Hello! I've been suffering from acne since I was 11 years old and that affected my confidence, I rarely go out of our house because I was so embarrassed of what my face looks like. I have tried many products but none of it really cleared up my skin. So my major breakout was when I was 14-15 years old (I'm 16 now, btw) and I was so desperate to clear and cure my acne because it really sucks having those bumps and puss on your face. :'( And then finally!!! MY FACE CLEARED UP. What I did was to use Sulfur soap (Dr. Wongs Sulfur soap) which works slowly but it really is effective if you are patient then after patting my face dry, I'll put Eskinol and I'll mix Dalacin-c, I'll use that before I go to bed. DON'T use this treatment when going out under the sun because it might burn your face. and don't use this treatment for too long because the dalacin-c will no longer be effective because it is an antibiotic. BUT IT IS REALLY EFFECTIVE, YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE TWO WEEKS AFTER USING IT. I am also using baking soda twice a week and/or Egg yolk mask. this routine cleared up my skin. But just this March I started breaking out again, not that bad tho but it won't stop so I have acne marks again on my skin which really frustrates me a lot. So what I did this time was different, I am putting honey in my face and rub it in circular motion and after a minute or two I'll wash it and then I bought Cetaphil facial cleanser and wash my face with the cleanser, after that, I'll use Apple cider vinegar as a toner (Diluted 50% water, 50% acv) and when my face absorbed the toner I then put Palmer's cocoa butter Skin Therapy Oil for my acne marks or hyperpigmentation and after that I'll put Petroleum Jelly for the dry patches on my skin because my skin is Combination. I noticed the change on my face after 2 or 3 days. I am doing this twice a day, morning and night. It never broke me out. Ever. Now I'm just waiting for my pimple marks to fade. I'm so happy with the condition of my skin right now and I gained my confidence back. Stick to natural methods. It will do miracle. =)) I am planning to buy another box of baking soda because it's doing its job well on fading my marks and preventing pimples from coming out. I am also doing Oatmeal + Honey + Tea face mask or Turmeric + Honey face mask once a week. I also exfoliate using Oatmeal only once or twice a week. I tried exfoliating with sugar but I broke out after using it, I thought that's not the cause so the following week I used that again but sadly, I broke out again after that so I changed to oatmeal. It leaves my skin soft. I also drink tea (green or black). I also tried drinking ACV, a cup of water + 1 tsp of ACV, in empty stomach before. It really did its job. I noticed dramatic changes 2 or 3 days after :) and drink lots of water. It really helps. Occasionally, I rub banana peels on my face before I wash my face whenever there is banana available on our kitchen. Hahaha. I also tried using Defensil, it's so good!!! But I decided to use the Cetaphil instead. But you can use Defensil also because it really dried up my pimples. :) So yea, guys, you might wanna try those routines that I did because I can vouch for its effectiveness. :) God bless and don't give up! You guys can fight those suckers. :)

by Fuddylove13 on 06/26/2014 22:00
Where did you get the soap?
by ShinyBaby123 on 07/15/2014 17:11
Your posting has been EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!!! There is more info here than I can find on 2 or 3 sites combined. Thank you so much for sharing your information !
LOVE IT
Reviewed on June 8, 2014

I use it as a spot treatment with that and a little witch hazel and it works like magic. It instantly brings zits to a head and reduces pain.

Used as face scrub
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I have been using it as a face scrub to remove dead skin, dirt and oiliness and works beautifully. Not only that, but it's all natural and cheap. I have also put it overnight on some larger cystic type pimples, which certainly helped reduce the redness and swelling. Highly recommend.

Wonderful
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

Every day I use 1tsp of baking soda mixed with 3 tbsp brewed coffee grounds, 3 tsp sugar, 2 tsp dish soap and 1 tsp neutrogena daily/mask. I scrub my entire face, and body with it and then rinse. Then dry without a towel to prevent irritation.