Baking Soda

Average price: $1.44

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 10/20/2013
thumbnail

I used it only once overnight. And I noticed a dramatic difference in pimple swelling and redness. I used a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda because I learned that the acidity in lemons help fight Bacteria and also help lighten the skin. So I applied the baking soda lemon juice mixture as a mask overnight and my skin is alot smoother and more radiant. And the pimple size went down. I'm definitely using this again ^_^.

Pros:
  • softer skin
  • reduces pimple rednesd and swelling
  • lighter skin
Cons:
  • haven't found any yet

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I have had problem acne for ages, clearing up only two-three months ago after seeing my Dermatologist. I was left with scarring, dark scars and some small indents that you can't really see at all until you are looking in the mirror closely, however, I confronted my Dermatologist about what I could do to get rid of the scars, and he said I looked just fine. (WHATEVER!) And that I didn't have any. (Oh, well. Still my semi-hero for at least he got rid of the dang zits)

So, I found this, and tried it out. I was AMAZED at how much dead skin came off my face as I *gently* (keyword) rubbed the Baking Soda on my face. I have been doing it religiously for the last few months now, and I am seeing a difference, but it does make my face slightly red, but I am as sensitive as sensitive gets (pale-redhead) I still have little the little indents and pigment problems in a few places, but they would be a heck lot worse without this. I recommend it.

Pros

• Exfoliate
  • Smooth Skin
  • Dirt cheap

Cons

• If really sensitive, it can make your face a little red (But not really that bad)
  • Not recommended if you are still breaking out.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 1.06
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I keep a small amount of baking soda in a dish in my bathroom (hope guests don't think it's something, ahem, stronger) and mix with a little bit of water to use as a scrub 2x a day.

Other steps in my regimen: no commercial beauty products whatsoever. I wash my face with baking soda, tone with ACV, drink 1tbsp of ACV a day, and moisturize with pure coconut oil.

Important to note: I also cut out nearly all dairy products about 4 months ago. (I'm of Asian descent and definitely lactose intolerant.)

Results: No new major zits in over a month, for the first time in 2-3 years. When small zits happen, they dry up quickly and don't leave as much hyperpigmentation and scarring behind as I'm used to from before. My skin has more of a glow, and interestingly, my stomach feels better, too. I'm on my way to being clear, knock on wood, and will probably save over $150 dollars this year on commercial beauty products in the meantime.

Conclusion: since I'm doing a combination of new things, it's hard to know exactly what effect the baking soda is having. But I intend to keep up with it, and really enjoy using it!

Pros

• Cheap, easy to use, fast results

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Baking soda is a good spot treatment mask and exfoliator. i prepare it three different ways for the different uses.

Baking soda spot treatment

wash face

mix small amount of baking soda with lemon juice (you will see bubbles)

place the mixture on spots wit pimples you need to dry (it will feel tingly)

Baking soda mask

wash face

mix baking soda with cerave or cetaphil cleanser to form paste

place paste all over face be careful to avoid areas near eyes and lips

Baking soda exfoliator

After washing face with luke warm water

place small amount of baking soda over wet skin wait a little then exfoliate gentlyy

BEE VERRRY GENTLE

Pros

• inexpensive
  • good spot treatment
  • good exfoliator

Cons

• gets in your eyes and burns reall bad so keep away from eyes
  • drys skin
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I woke up one day with one side of my face tender to the touch. My right cheek and right side of my chin had horrible acne. It was painful and embarrasing. I looked up home remedies and found this. I didn't have anything to lose so I tried it. I made it into a paste and left it on for a few minutes. It cleared up the visible bacteria ( you know the nasty stuff right under the skin in the actual pimple) and left my skin smooth.

I totally recommend this. Anyone who has acne knows that acne products can be hit or miss. Try it.

Pros

• cleaned my skin
  • unclogged my pores
  • reduced swelling
  • cleared up nasty bacteria

Cons

• can dry skin so Moisturize
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've struggled with acne for years and have been on just about every prescription on the market. I tried proactiv a few months ago, with moderate success. When that ran out, I tried a knock-off version, but it just didn't cut it. At that point, I was ready to try anything. I figured "what the heck," and tried the baking soda mask.

I could not believe the results. My acne has almost entire cleared up. For me, baking soda is far more effective than ANY of my medications have been. I use a mask 2-3 times a week and, even at the time of month when I'm usually most broken-out, I had very few blemishes.

All I do is mix it with a little water and apply it to my face as a paste. Then I let it dry. It feels very nice - a pleasantly cool sensation. Then I wash it off my face with water. It exfoliates my face and leaves it perfectly clean. It does tend to dry out my skin a little and make it feel tight, but I suppose that's really what I want it to do. A good moisturizer would take care of this if it bothers you, but I don't have one that I trust not to make me break out.

I would DEFINITELY recommend baking soda as an acne treatment. It's dirt-cheap and works like a dream.

Pros

• very inexpensive
  • does not bleach fabric
  • painless
  • very effectivev
  • feels nice :)

Cons

• a little messy
  • dries out skin a bit
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Try it. It did not get rid of my acne, but it helps to keep it under better control. I use it twice a week as a mask and it is very helpful with drying out anything active and reducing the redness of my scars.

Pros

• Dries out active acne
  • Helps prevent new acne
  • Reduces redness
  • Cheap

Cons

• Burns at times
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff is miraculous!! I have researched and tested everything but nothing has given me overnight results like this. In 3 days all of my current acne was GONE. I couldn't tell you how stupid I feel for wasting money on drug store products and expensive over the counter products!

What I do:

1. Wash off make up with olive oil bar (Kiss my face)

2. Pour a little bit of baking soda in my hand and, while my face is still wet, gently rub it on my skin for 30 seconds

3. Use unrefined virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer

I only do this at night because it can be drying. Please try this!! Natural products are SOO much better and inexpensive.

Pros

• Only thing that has cleared my acne
  • Makes skin glow
  • Less Redness
  • Costs $1

Cons

• Burns if left on too long
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

it works if you use it certain days but when you use it and you later rinse it off it leaves your skin so smooth and feels AWWWmazing but if you use cold water .

Pros

• it is cheap and it works for the first week

Cons

• it dried and irritated and redness really bad the bottom part of my mouth
  • moderate
  • $ 1.8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product burned my skin after the second use...and here is the reason why:

I was starting using lemon juice every other night to see how it would work. It prevented new acne from forming as well (I recommend it). When I read about how effective Baking Soda is, I decided to give it a try. Only thing is, is that I did not let my skin "breathe."

One night I put on the lemon juice, the next night I used the Baking Soda as a mask, next night was lemon juice again, and the night after that was another Baking Soda mask.

My skin was red and tender that I could hardly touch it. So I decided to leave my skin alone for a few days and just wash it with a cleanser. It has been about 3 or 4 days and my skin is back to normal. I'm going to be using the Baking Soda as a scrub at night and as a mask once a week. Let's see how that works. But overall the results were quick and noticeable. Hell yeah I recommend it!

Pros

• 1) Cleared up my skin after using it as a mask twice.
  • 2) Reduced the size of my cystic acne on my forehead and cheeks
  • 3) Brought up small whiteheads

Cons

• 1) Irritates a little
  • 2) If used too often, can really burn skin
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

it works on my skin

BOTTOM LINE!

Pros

• clears skin

Cons

• flakes off everywhere
  • tastes funny
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.