Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 935 reviews

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

I use baking soda in mask form and it works alright for me! It does make my pimples a little more noticeable sometimes but the baking soda stops the pimple in its tracks. Make sure you get the right consistency so it's not too watery. I like this product but only every so often. Not everyday! Way to harsh for that.

Reviewed on April 6, 2012

i have an acne vulgaris for nearly a month now...im 24 and got this nasty break outs! so when i came across this site i was wondering if this thing could lessen my worries...

as i look onto the mirror, my zits started to "pop up" on its own! yeah! i was amazed seeing those pus came out on my skin!

i use as a scrub with my facial wash (panoxyl) and an overnight mask mixed with my moisturizer...

i think it helped a bit to heal my acne..

Reviewed on March 27, 2012

I have oily skin. I use BS to exfoliate my skin once a week. Exfoliation is recommended 1-2 times a week because more than 2 times will lead to irritation (redness, dryness, more pimples...).

Scoop about a tspoon into a small container. Place several drops of water until it's pasty. Apply on face and rub gently in circular motions for about 2-3 minutes. Then rinse off and pat dry. THEN FEEL YOUR SKIN!

And because this is an antibacterial agent, your face will be free from bacteria after you wash (and pimples!)

Please apply a good moisture (I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) so that your new skin cells can be hydrated. And some SPF so that you don't get skin cancer!

It has faded my acne scars and evened out my skin tone. And it has reduced pore size (due to the exfoliation).

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

Baking soda WILL work for you, weither youre a skeptic or not, try it... you have nothing to lose!! its not like itll cremate ur face =)

1) mix baking soda and water to make a paste

2) apply to acne affected areas

3) tap, not rub it in , just pat it on and let it set for about 5-7 minutes.

4) once time is up, take warm water and splash it on your face. use your (clean) hand to wipe the baking soda off

5) dab, not rub the water off.

6) once dry, take cold water and splash on face( to close open , vulnerable pores)

7) pat dry

8) once face is dry , apply and oil-free moisturizer

Voila

Reviewed on March 24, 2012

I have only tried this product for a week and I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I have more nocticed a difference in my actal skin rather then my ance. My pores overall seem to appear more minimized and my face has denfinitely been brighter and less dull. As for my ance it doesn't do a lot so far in this week ;I have also nocticed that I have no new breakouts this week even with having my period. Overall baking soda is a good product. By the way results may vary. I never wore makeup this week so that may affect this product.make sure you do the search and make sure to check on other ways using baking soda. Gotta love baking soda :)

Warning/tip : the frist two times i did it it made my ance turn red but don't give it up. Try it a few times more then see.

How I use it :

Put the baking soda in bowl and Add water into it

Make it into a paste like consistsncy (probably heard that like 100 times)

apply to face gently

i get it off after 5 minutes ( I take it off with both splashing warm water and paper towel)

dry with a paper towel or just a plain towel

i wait about 2 hours then i have a night shower with doing my regular skin care routine)

Reviewed on March 20, 2012

I've been using baking soda as an acne treatment off and on for almost a year. First I apply Clean & Clear Morning Burst, while that's still on my face I'll have a little bowl of baking soda and make a thick paste with some water. I apply that on top of the Clean & Clear, scrubbing lightly all over my face, then I apply Equate Medicated Apricot Scrub and rinse. The reason I used this off and on is because I start to get red and irritated around the creases of my nose and the sides of my mouth. I use it about 2 times a week though. It really helps clear my skin and makes my pore less visible.

Reviewed on March 18, 2012

Around one year ago I used this product as a paste to remove red marks rather than pimples.

Initially I noticed pores would become temporarily invisible, and it creates slightly tightening feeling of the skin, which felt very smooth. However, this effect seems to lessen as your skin adapts to the product.

It's usage soon became counter-productive and ended up increasing the redness, with no permanent positive effects.

While this may work as a spot treatment or in heavily diluted form, it is known for destroying the skin's acid mantle (related to it's PH value), which seems to be my case. Either way, one year later, the skin is either burnt, dried or inflammed.

I suggest if you use this, be very cautious and never apply it thickly or over a large amount of skin. You were warned.

Reviewed on March 16, 2012

Heyy guys!!!lol My first review so I hope yall like it. I actually was googling baking soda uses and found this site, so I decided to try it and join this site just to join in! I read some reviews and people said that it made their skin smooth and faded their dark spots but I didnt believe them. Let me tell you, my skin was BABY SOFT! It felt sooo smooth I couldnt believe it. Your face will defitnitly feel clean! As far as the dark spots, I can't really tell because this is my 2nd day using it. But I hope to continue to use it, not sure if we can edit and update our posts but I think yall should try it, especially because its soo cheap!

My regimen is as follows. I wash my face in the morning with Ambi complexion soap, then I use my Benzoyl Peroxide 10% solution, then I use the baking soda to finish. I moisturize with Aveeno Salycic Acid Moisturizer. At night time, after washing away my makeup, I use the Ambi soap again, then I use my St. Ives Apricot Scrub, then use the baking soda again, then I put Vitamin E oil on my face and add a bit of cocoa butter. also a lot of people said that their pores were smaller after using it, I didnt see that, my pores are huge and this didnt help. Like I said this is only my 2nd day, so who knows whats to come.

Also, please remember to rinse well, my first time, I didnt rinse well and there was a white line on my face. Baking soda makes your skin very dry so please remember to moisturize immediatly after. I have dry skin, so its ok to use this if u have sensitive skin or eczema, just moisturize! :)

Reviewed on March 15, 2012

Baking soda disrupts yeasts that cause seborrheic inflamation. It may do so by reducing sebum output; by turning small amounts of sebum oils into soap, thereby emulsifying the remainder and making it unavailable to microbes; by altering the PH profile of the pore environment and making it intolerable for some microbes; or by some other means. It works, and probably does so in multiple ways.

Using a paste scrub is not necessary. As many have testified, a paste scrub left on too long will cause chemical burns and considerable (unnecessary) exfoliation. I personally use a simple solution of baking soda in witch hazel, on the order of a teaspoon baking soda per cup of witch hazel. I could probably use less. I use cotton pads to apply, but a soft cloth would work as well.

The bottom line is, it works 100% better than the "oxy" pads, acid or alcohol scrubs pushed in the market. You'd do well to throw out the contents of such products and recycle the plastic jars to soak cotton rounds with a weak baking soda solution. The price and effectiveness are much better.

Reviewed on March 15, 2012

Baking soda is variable; as you continue to use it you will grow to understand its uses (when it is timely to use it, what you should use it for, what you shouldn't use it for and when) and you will become well-versed at applying it. To me, baking soda is an exfoliator as well as a protective mask I can use that will essentially give me a fresh layer of skin to work with after waking up and washing the mask off.

I believe that one (not me, because I haven't yet figured out the right combination of the two) could expertly use baking soda and ACV together in some way to fully solve their acne problems, but I am still struggling. Personally, my face is tolerant to baking soda, less so to ACV. I believe in the future I can avoid the present malady I gave to myself by using more of the one and less of the other. In the end of the day it is not the substances which are causing problems for me, only myself.

The bottom line therefore is that baking soda is a wonderful product that for most cases will only produce a negative effect as a result of human error.