Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 899 reviews

Reviewed on December 6, 2011

I could not believe how well this worked on my skin overnight. At first I was using it only as a cleanser, morning and night, and it was working better than my normal cleanser!

You may encounter dryness the first couple times you use it, and if your skin is sensitive/dry to begin with maybe you wouldn't want to use it 2x a day like I am. But definitely use it as an overnight treatment!

The magic happens when you put it on overnight: pour some baking soda in your hand, put a couple drops of water until it's pasty/runny and apply to pimples, or all over face. Let it dry and go to sleep. It will dry and crack over night but you'll notice that your pimples are SO SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER!!! A friend of mine tried it and literally in 2 days her face had never looked clearer.

Reviewed on December 3, 2011

I've always had oily skin, and I've had acne for awhile, I used to have moderate acne, but it is slowly getting better as I mature. Baking soda is amazing, at first I wrote it off as ineffective because after I washed it off my skin looked redder than before. But then I started using it again and have been for a week or so. It's GREAT! it actually reduces redness and helps to heal. I suggest putting it on before bed, it tightens your skin so you're better protected at night from oil and bacteria from your pillow case (and therefore don't have to change it out every week to prevent it). Alone it can't cure acne (at least not for me) but it is very helpful.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

I had a really big pimple that was forming on my chin and I made a paste of baking soda, I kept it on until it dried out and I could already tell it was smaller. Two days later it was completely gone! This is really good.

Reviewed on November 27, 2011

First time I tried it it burned my skin a lot. But my skin adjusted to it and it worked for about 3 days, but then it stopped working. Might work for you though!

Reviewed on November 27, 2011

I LOVE baking soda. Before I used this, my acne was moderate. I got the occasional pimples around my face and I would freak whenever I see them. I lost confidence and I would always try to hide my face. I would search all over the internet for helpful tips on how to get rid of them, that's when I found baking soda. I have been using it every other day for about a month now, and I can easily say that the severity of my acne went from moderate to moderate-light. It's a miracle, it truly is. I only get major pimples like 2-3 times a month and they end up healing in about 2-3 days. My face has never looked better *knock on wood.

What I do is:

After washing my face in the shower with St. Ives Apricot Scrub (I use this scrub every morning and night) Get a bowl with some baking soda. Put a little bit of honey in the mix. Then add a few drops of water to make a paste. GENTLY rub it on your skin avoiding the eye area. Leave it on your skin for about 10-15 minutes or until dry. Then finally wash it off with warm water. After all of that I cut and rub a piece of fresh aloe plant on my face and use Neosporin as a spot treatment.

It's really amazing. I can go on and on for days about baking soda, but it would be best for you to try it yourself. Good Luck!

Reviewed on November 26, 2011

My face did not have a good reaction to this. I put a small amount on, gentle washed, rinsed. It made my zits swell even more and extra red.

Claravis (accutane) has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I would hate to have to on round 2, but I just might.

Reviewed on November 23, 2011

This product works better for me than any prescription or over the counter products I have tried to date. I use as mask, and exfoliant. Progressively lightening my scars. Super product. Worth a try. For even better lightening of the scars, mix with a little hydrogen peroxide. My face has cleared up a considerable amount. Goodluck everyone.

Reviewed on November 17, 2011

OMG ..I have always had acne since elementary school.. and my face looked terrible.. i have used almost every product you can think of and no freaking results!! i saw a video on youtube and this female recommended using baking soda with water.. I thought it was complete B.S but i gave it a try and i noticed the differences after 2 weeks of using it.. thanks baking soda for changing my life.. i feel confident now.. I'm always smiling and taking pics :D

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I used this a couple times and its been making my skin really soft. My acne has been going away and I'm sure It'll be gone if I use this more.