Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 890 reviews

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I used this a couple times and its been making my skin really soft. My acne has been going away and I'm sure It'll be gone if I use this more.

Reviewed on November 7, 2011

Theres not much to say about baking soda other than its pure billant! seriously after all this money spent on scrubs this has not only cured acne, it also makes your skin really nice... im not going to go on about this because its already been said but USE IT!! trust me all your problems are gorn with this cooking ingreident. im lost for words!

Reviewed on October 31, 2011

I have had problem acne for ages, clearing up only two-three months ago after seeing my Dermatologist. I was left with scarring, dark scars and some small indents that you can't really see at all until you are looking in the mirror closely, however, I confronted my Dermatologist about what I could do to get rid of the scars, and he said I looked just fine. (WHATEVER!) And that I didn't have any. (Oh, well. Still my semi-hero for at least he got rid of the dang zits)

So, I found this, and tried it out. I was AMAZED at how much dead skin came off my face as I *gently* (keyword) rubbed the Baking Soda on my face. I have been doing it religiously for the last few months now, and I am seeing a difference, but it does make my face slightly red, but I am as sensitive as sensitive gets (pale-redhead) I still have little the little indents and pigment problems in a few places, but they would be a heck lot worse without this. I recommend it.

Reviewed on October 29, 2011

I keep a small amount of baking soda in a dish in my bathroom (hope guests don't think it's something, ahem, stronger) and mix with a little bit of water to use as a scrub 2x a day.

Other steps in my regimen: no commercial beauty products whatsoever. I wash my face with baking soda, tone with ACV, drink 1tbsp of ACV a day, and moisturize with pure coconut oil.

Important to note: I also cut out nearly all dairy products about 4 months ago. (I'm of Asian descent and definitely lactose intolerant.)

Results: No new major zits in over a month, for the first time in 2-3 years. When small zits happen, they dry up quickly and don't leave as much hyperpigmentation and scarring behind as I'm used to from before. My skin has more of a glow, and interestingly, my stomach feels better, too. I'm on my way to being clear, knock on wood, and will probably save over $150 dollars this year on commercial beauty products in the meantime.

Conclusion: since I'm doing a combination of new things, it's hard to know exactly what effect the baking soda is having. But I intend to keep up with it, and really enjoy using it!

Reviewed on October 27, 2011

Baking soda is a good spot treatment mask and exfoliator. i prepare it three different ways for the different uses.

Baking soda spot treatment

wash face

mix small amount of baking soda with lemon juice (you will see bubbles)

place the mixture on spots wit pimples you need to dry (it will feel tingly)

Baking soda mask

wash face

mix baking soda with cerave or cetaphil cleanser to form paste

place paste all over face be careful to avoid areas near eyes and lips

Baking soda exfoliator

After washing face with luke warm water

place small amount of baking soda over wet skin wait a little then exfoliate gentlyy

BEE VERRRY GENTLE

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

I woke up one day with one side of my face tender to the touch. My right cheek and right side of my chin had horrible acne. It was painful and embarrasing. I looked up home remedies and found this. I didn't have anything to lose so I tried it. I made it into a paste and left it on for a few minutes. It cleared up the visible bacteria ( you know the nasty stuff right under the skin in the actual pimple) and left my skin smooth.

I totally recommend this. Anyone who has acne knows that acne products can be hit or miss. Try it.

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

I've struggled with acne for years and have been on just about every prescription on the market. I tried proactiv a few months ago, with moderate success. When that ran out, I tried a knock-off version, but it just didn't cut it. At that point, I was ready to try anything. I figured "what the heck," and tried the baking soda mask.

I could not believe the results. My acne has almost entire cleared up. For me, baking soda is far more effective than ANY of my medications have been. I use a mask 2-3 times a week and, even at the time of month when I'm usually most broken-out, I had very few blemishes.

All I do is mix it with a little water and apply it to my face as a paste. Then I let it dry. It feels very nice - a pleasantly cool sensation. Then I wash it off my face with water. It exfoliates my face and leaves it perfectly clean. It does tend to dry out my skin a little and make it feel tight, but I suppose that's really what I want it to do. A good moisturizer would take care of this if it bothers you, but I don't have one that I trust not to make me break out.

I would DEFINITELY recommend baking soda as an acne treatment. It's dirt-cheap and works like a dream.

Reviewed on October 21, 2011

Try it. It did not get rid of my acne, but it helps to keep it under better control. I use it twice a week as a mask and it is very helpful with drying out anything active and reducing the redness of my scars.

Reviewed on October 16, 2011

This stuff is miraculous!! I have researched and tested everything but nothing has given me overnight results like this. In 3 days all of my current acne was GONE. I couldn't tell you how stupid I feel for wasting money on drug store products and expensive over the counter products!

What I do:

1. Wash off make up with olive oil bar (Kiss my face)

2. Pour a little bit of baking soda in my hand and, while my face is still wet, gently rub it on my skin for 30 seconds

3. Use unrefined virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer

I only do this at night because it can be drying. Please try this!! Natural products are SOO much better and inexpensive.

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

it works if you use it certain days but when you use it and you later rinse it off it leaves your skin so smooth and feels AWWWmazing but if you use cold water .