Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 895 reviews

Reviewed on November 27, 2011

I LOVE baking soda. Before I used this, my acne was moderate. I got the occasional pimples around my face and I would freak whenever I see them. I lost confidence and I would always try to hide my face. I would search all over the internet for helpful tips on how to get rid of them, that's when I found baking soda. I have been using it every other day for about a month now, and I can easily say that the severity of my acne went from moderate to moderate-light. It's a miracle, it truly is. I only get major pimples like 2-3 times a month and they end up healing in about 2-3 days. My face has never looked better *knock on wood.

What I do is:

After washing my face in the shower with St. Ives Apricot Scrub (I use this scrub every morning and night) Get a bowl with some baking soda. Put a little bit of honey in the mix. Then add a few drops of water to make a paste. GENTLY rub it on your skin avoiding the eye area. Leave it on your skin for about 10-15 minutes or until dry. Then finally wash it off with warm water. After all of that I cut and rub a piece of fresh aloe plant on my face and use Neosporin as a spot treatment.

It's really amazing. I can go on and on for days about baking soda, but it would be best for you to try it yourself. Good Luck!

Reviewed on November 26, 2011

My face did not have a good reaction to this. I put a small amount on, gentle washed, rinsed. It made my zits swell even more and extra red.

Claravis (accutane) has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I would hate to have to on round 2, but I just might.

Reviewed on November 23, 2011

This product works better for me than any prescription or over the counter products I have tried to date. I use as mask, and exfoliant. Progressively lightening my scars. Super product. Worth a try. For even better lightening of the scars, mix with a little hydrogen peroxide. My face has cleared up a considerable amount. Goodluck everyone.

Reviewed on November 17, 2011

OMG ..I have always had acne since elementary school.. and my face looked terrible.. i have used almost every product you can think of and no freaking results!! i saw a video on youtube and this female recommended using baking soda with water.. I thought it was complete B.S but i gave it a try and i noticed the differences after 2 weeks of using it.. thanks baking soda for changing my life.. i feel confident now.. I'm always smiling and taking pics :D

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I used this a couple times and its been making my skin really soft. My acne has been going away and I'm sure It'll be gone if I use this more.

Reviewed on November 7, 2011

Theres not much to say about baking soda other than its pure billant! seriously after all this money spent on scrubs this has not only cured acne, it also makes your skin really nice... im not going to go on about this because its already been said but USE IT!! trust me all your problems are gorn with this cooking ingreident. im lost for words!

Reviewed on October 31, 2011

I have had problem acne for ages, clearing up only two-three months ago after seeing my Dermatologist. I was left with scarring, dark scars and some small indents that you can't really see at all until you are looking in the mirror closely, however, I confronted my Dermatologist about what I could do to get rid of the scars, and he said I looked just fine. (WHATEVER!) And that I didn't have any. (Oh, well. Still my semi-hero for at least he got rid of the dang zits)

So, I found this, and tried it out. I was AMAZED at how much dead skin came off my face as I *gently* (keyword) rubbed the Baking Soda on my face. I have been doing it religiously for the last few months now, and I am seeing a difference, but it does make my face slightly red, but I am as sensitive as sensitive gets (pale-redhead) I still have little the little indents and pigment problems in a few places, but they would be a heck lot worse without this. I recommend it.

Reviewed on October 29, 2011

I keep a small amount of baking soda in a dish in my bathroom (hope guests don't think it's something, ahem, stronger) and mix with a little bit of water to use as a scrub 2x a day.

Other steps in my regimen: no commercial beauty products whatsoever. I wash my face with baking soda, tone with ACV, drink 1tbsp of ACV a day, and moisturize with pure coconut oil.

Important to note: I also cut out nearly all dairy products about 4 months ago. (I'm of Asian descent and definitely lactose intolerant.)

Results: No new major zits in over a month, for the first time in 2-3 years. When small zits happen, they dry up quickly and don't leave as much hyperpigmentation and scarring behind as I'm used to from before. My skin has more of a glow, and interestingly, my stomach feels better, too. I'm on my way to being clear, knock on wood, and will probably save over $150 dollars this year on commercial beauty products in the meantime.

Conclusion: since I'm doing a combination of new things, it's hard to know exactly what effect the baking soda is having. But I intend to keep up with it, and really enjoy using it!

Reviewed on October 27, 2011

Baking soda is a good spot treatment mask and exfoliator. i prepare it three different ways for the different uses.

Baking soda spot treatment

wash face

mix small amount of baking soda with lemon juice (you will see bubbles)

place the mixture on spots wit pimples you need to dry (it will feel tingly)

Baking soda mask

wash face

mix baking soda with cerave or cetaphil cleanser to form paste

place paste all over face be careful to avoid areas near eyes and lips

Baking soda exfoliator

After washing face with luke warm water

place small amount of baking soda over wet skin wait a little then exfoliate gentlyy

BEE VERRRY GENTLE