Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 940 reviews

Baking Soda

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on April 17, 2012

I use this DIFFERENTLY to the other reviewers, I make a solution with it and use it like a toner wiping it over cleansed skin twice daily and dont rinse it off. By making a mild solution you can leave it on without getting a white powdery face and it keeps my skin oil free all day! I've had greasy pimply skin my whole life and im 28 now this is the first thing that ever helped so much! I put about a tablespoon of soda to a cup of water in a closed container and use it all week applying with a clean cotton pad.

I also use the powder mixed in my cleanser as a twice weekly exfoliator.

Reviewed on April 15, 2012

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm starting to get very sad about the whole situation. I've only been using it a week so maybe it's just clearing all the gunk out.

My cheeks and forehead are clear of acne and it looks lovely! However my chin area which is the infected bit has got worse!

Also, the Baking Soda is called Bicarbonate of Soda in the UK I think!! Can anyone confirm this?

by *DarkHeart* on 01/07/2014 16:22
Yes, the proper name for baking soda is sodium bicarbonate
Reviewed on April 14, 2012

To anyone who has sensitive skin, try to saturate the soda with more water and only spot treat the acne.

Reviewed on April 13, 2012

i used baking soda everyday and saw incredible results! i wouldn't say that this got rid of my acne but i defiantly helped and made my skin smooth. It also minimized my pores. i would use this as a mask for 5-10 min, and sometimes take a toothbrush (not used obviously) and dip it into to paste and scrub on my acne because the bristles on the toothbrush helped exfoliate my skin and i think it worked better. it also make your skin e=very smooth and after i would apply a moisturizer.

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

I use baking soda in mask form and it works alright for me! It does make my pimples a little more noticeable sometimes but the baking soda stops the pimple in its tracks. Make sure you get the right consistency so it's not too watery. I like this product but only every so often. Not everyday! Way to harsh for that.

Reviewed on April 6, 2012

i have an acne vulgaris for nearly a month 24 and got this nasty break outs! so when i came across this site i was wondering if this thing could lessen my worries...

as i look onto the mirror, my zits started to "pop up" on its own! yeah! i was amazed seeing those pus came out on my skin!

i use as a scrub with my facial wash (panoxyl) and an overnight mask mixed with my moisturizer...

i think it helped a bit to heal my acne..

Reviewed on March 27, 2012

I have oily skin. I use BS to exfoliate my skin once a week. Exfoliation is recommended 1-2 times a week because more than 2 times will lead to irritation (redness, dryness, more pimples...).

Scoop about a tspoon into a small container. Place several drops of water until it's pasty. Apply on face and rub gently in circular motions for about 2-3 minutes. Then rinse off and pat dry. THEN FEEL YOUR SKIN!

And because this is an antibacterial agent, your face will be free from bacteria after you wash (and pimples!)

Please apply a good moisture (I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) so that your new skin cells can be hydrated. And some SPF so that you don't get skin cancer!

It has faded my acne scars and evened out my skin tone. And it has reduced pore size (due to the exfoliation).

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

Baking soda WILL work for you, weither youre a skeptic or not, try it... you have nothing to lose!! its not like itll cremate ur face =)

1) mix baking soda and water to make a paste

2) apply to acne affected areas

3) tap, not rub it in , just pat it on and let it set for about 5-7 minutes.

4) once time is up, take warm water and splash it on your face. use your (clean) hand to wipe the baking soda off

5) dab, not rub the water off.

6) once dry, take cold water and splash on face( to close open , vulnerable pores)

7) pat dry

8) once face is dry , apply and oil-free moisturizer

Reviewed on March 24, 2012

I have only tried this product for a week and I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. I have more nocticed a difference in my actal skin rather then my ance. My pores overall seem to appear more minimized and my face has denfinitely been brighter and less dull. As for my ance it doesn't do a lot so far in this week ;I have also nocticed that I have no new breakouts this week even with having my period. Overall baking soda is a good product. By the way results may vary. I never wore makeup this week so that may affect this product.make sure you do the search and make sure to check on other ways using baking soda. Gotta love baking soda :)

Warning/tip : the frist two times i did it it made my ance turn red but don't give it up. Try it a few times more then see.

How I use it :

Put the baking soda in bowl and Add water into it

Make it into a paste like consistsncy (probably heard that like 100 times)

apply to face gently

i get it off after 5 minutes ( I take it off with both splashing warm water and paper towel)

dry with a paper towel or just a plain towel

i wait about 2 hours then i have a night shower with doing my regular skin care routine)