Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 887 reviews

Reviewed on October 27, 2011

Baking soda is a good spot treatment mask and exfoliator. i prepare it three different ways for the different uses.

Baking soda spot treatment

wash face

mix small amount of baking soda with lemon juice (you will see bubbles)

place the mixture on spots wit pimples you need to dry (it will feel tingly)

Baking soda mask

wash face

mix baking soda with cerave or cetaphil cleanser to form paste

place paste all over face be careful to avoid areas near eyes and lips

Baking soda exfoliator

After washing face with luke warm water

place small amount of baking soda over wet skin wait a little then exfoliate gentlyy

BEE VERRRY GENTLE

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

I woke up one day with one side of my face tender to the touch. My right cheek and right side of my chin had horrible acne. It was painful and embarrasing. I looked up home remedies and found this. I didn't have anything to lose so I tried it. I made it into a paste and left it on for a few minutes. It cleared up the visible bacteria ( you know the nasty stuff right under the skin in the actual pimple) and left my skin smooth.

I totally recommend this. Anyone who has acne knows that acne products can be hit or miss. Try it.

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

I've struggled with acne for years and have been on just about every prescription on the market. I tried proactiv a few months ago, with moderate success. When that ran out, I tried a knock-off version, but it just didn't cut it. At that point, I was ready to try anything. I figured "what the heck," and tried the baking soda mask.

I could not believe the results. My acne has almost entire cleared up. For me, baking soda is far more effective than ANY of my medications have been. I use a mask 2-3 times a week and, even at the time of month when I'm usually most broken-out, I had very few blemishes.

All I do is mix it with a little water and apply it to my face as a paste. Then I let it dry. It feels very nice - a pleasantly cool sensation. Then I wash it off my face with water. It exfoliates my face and leaves it perfectly clean. It does tend to dry out my skin a little and make it feel tight, but I suppose that's really what I want it to do. A good moisturizer would take care of this if it bothers you, but I don't have one that I trust not to make me break out.

I would DEFINITELY recommend baking soda as an acne treatment. It's dirt-cheap and works like a dream.

Reviewed on October 21, 2011

Try it. It did not get rid of my acne, but it helps to keep it under better control. I use it twice a week as a mask and it is very helpful with drying out anything active and reducing the redness of my scars.

Reviewed on October 16, 2011

This stuff is miraculous!! I have researched and tested everything but nothing has given me overnight results like this. In 3 days all of my current acne was GONE. I couldn't tell you how stupid I feel for wasting money on drug store products and expensive over the counter products!

What I do:

1. Wash off make up with olive oil bar (Kiss my face)

2. Pour a little bit of baking soda in my hand and, while my face is still wet, gently rub it on my skin for 30 seconds

3. Use unrefined virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer

I only do this at night because it can be drying. Please try this!! Natural products are SOO much better and inexpensive.

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

it works if you use it certain days but when you use it and you later rinse it off it leaves your skin so smooth and feels AWWWmazing but if you use cold water .

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

This product burned my skin after the second use...and here is the reason why:

I was starting using lemon juice every other night to see how it would work. It prevented new acne from forming as well (I recommend it). When I read about how effective Baking Soda is, I decided to give it a try. Only thing is, is that I did not let my skin "breathe."

One night I put on the lemon juice, the next night I used the Baking Soda as a mask, next night was lemon juice again, and the night after that was another Baking Soda mask.

My skin was red and tender that I could hardly touch it. So I decided to leave my skin alone for a few days and just wash it with a cleanser. It has been about 3 or 4 days and my skin is back to normal. I'm going to be using the Baking Soda as a scrub at night and as a mask once a week. Let's see how that works. But overall the results were quick and noticeable. Hell yeah I recommend it!

Reviewed on October 6, 2011

Natural! Love baking soda & started using it on my face, in my bath, rinsing body & hair after showers & in my laundry. Really has no adverse effect on my skin & I have totally forgone commercial soap for baking soda. Leaves me feeling clean and fresh. Clears up acne, exfoliates dead skin (abbraisive, so rub lightly...dilute more at the beginning and work your way up to more abbraisive feel if desired)

My skin looks and feels 20 years younger! (I'm in my early 50's)... Bakin soda is slightly caustic, so it will irritate the skin. Being an alkalai, it regulates your skin pH and makes it unhospitable for bacteria that would otherwise thrive and cause nasty body odour. For those who need to use very expensive or prescription deodorants, try baking soda and see if it doen't help there, too!

Reviewed on September 28, 2011

My skin is extemely sensitive, oily (thanks, genetics), and stubborn against most treatments (Proactive, Clearasil, AcneFree, and Neutrogena made my condition WORSE!) . In my mid-20s, my extremely severe acne seemed to finally calm down, but I would still get occassional breakouts and horrible cystic acne on my cheekbones, towards my temples, and along my jawline that would remain on my face for months and when it finally started to heal, it would leave huge blue/purple scars under my skin...and I hadn't even poked or popped the infections! So my skin has a permanent light rash from bad products, blotchy from cysts, and scars from when I used to pick and from cysts I let heal.

Anyway, the first time I used this, I mixed it into a paste and left it on for a half hour. Much to my horror, my skin burned, was really flushed when I rinsed it off, and so I had to put aloe on it. I would not have used it again had I not noticed one thing: the swelling on one of my cysts decreased a lot. After a couple more uses every other day (left it on my face for up to an hour), all my cystic acne was dried up and gone! I also started to notice that my complexion was becoming even-toned again and my face was incredibly smooth. Also, I felt I was getting less breakouts.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to do much for my hormonal acne breakouts that I get as I approach that lovely time of the month.