Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 944 reviews

Reviewed on May 29, 2012

After I switched from birth control pills to nexplanon my acne got significantly worse. I started getting cysts. Red and horrible. It was difficult to keep from popping them. Sometimes I would anyways and the redness would be so much worse. I tried BP, and other various treatments. Nothing seemed to keep the acne in check until I started using baking soda. I usually use it every other day. I just wet my face pour some into my palm, and make a mask. I leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. Then I rinse it off, While using an acne soap bar. My skin is relatively clear.

The baking soda WILL dry out your skin so you need to moisturize. It's a really cheap alternative compared to some acne treatments.

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

I was shocked by how beautiful, glowing, and brand new my skin felt and looked after using this. I have been dealing with flakiness, oiliness, and small blemishes all over my face. The texture of my skin is now night and day different. Flakes are virtually gone. My pores are noticeably smaller and oil production has calmed down. I can't comment on whether it heals acne, but it has calmed current blemishes significantly.

I mixed a couple pinches of baking soda with my facial cleanser (CeraVe), gently massaged, and rinsed to find that my skin had dramatically improved. Definitely do moisturize as my skin did feel a little tight afterward. I plan to use this a couple times a week at most for exfoliation. Give it a try!

Reviewed on May 12, 2012

I have been using Baking Soda (known as Bicarb Soda here in Oz) off and on for a few months but recently I had a massive cystic breakout on my chin and jawline and this week I started using it daily in an attempt to get rid of this painful and disgusting breakout.

I forgot how amazing Baking Soda is. In a few days my large cystic lumps are getting smaller and smaller and are less red and aggravated.

I use it two different ways:

First way is to make a paste by putting a teaspoon of BS in my palm and then adding a few drops of water and then I smear it all over the acne or whole face depending on what needs to be done. I leave the mask on as long as I can before it starts flaking everywhere. I then usually jump in the shower and wash it off. Sometimes when I wash it off I gently rub it in to give a good exfoliate. If I do that the skin can tingle or sting a bit but the result is baby soft bright skin.

The other way is I mix a small amount of Bicarb Soda in a cup of hot water and let it dissolve. Then I put it in a spritz bottle and keep it in the shower. When showering I will give the face a good spritz and leave it for a few minutes and then I wash it off.

I highly recommend you giving it a try, just don't rub too hard when exfoliating at first as you might be surprised how effective this fine white power can be; eg too much pressure and it can feel like you're using steel wool ;) .

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

i used to have extremely bad persistent acne on my jawline which resulted in many acne scars.the cause of this was a combination of milk and fish products so when i cut those out all i had to do was eliminate the scarring which was not a pretty sight. i started washing with baking soda twice a day mainly focusing on the two areas and my cheeks which were covered in blackheads.A month later i have two very slight hyperpigmented spots where before it was about 20 noticeable ones on each side of my jawline! Not only did it eliminate my scarring but it helped with future break outs as well! I dont really recomend using it around your mouth though for it made two dry spots on either side of my mouth which are pretty irritating but other than that it works wonders for acne scars!!!

Reviewed on April 17, 2012

I use this DIFFERENTLY to the other reviewers, I make a solution with it and use it like a toner wiping it over cleansed skin twice daily and dont rinse it off. By making a mild solution you can leave it on without getting a white powdery face and it keeps my skin oil free all day! I've had greasy pimply skin my whole life and im 28 now this is the first thing that ever helped so much! I put about a tablespoon of soda to a cup of water in a closed container and use it all week applying with a clean cotton pad.

I also use the powder mixed in my cleanser as a twice weekly exfoliator.

Reviewed on April 15, 2012

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm starting to get very sad about the whole situation. I've only been using it a week so maybe it's just clearing all the gunk out.

My cheeks and forehead are clear of acne and it looks lovely! However my chin area which is the infected bit has got worse!

Also, the Baking Soda is called Bicarbonate of Soda in the UK I think!! Can anyone confirm this?

THANKYOU :)

by *DarkHeart* on 01/07/2014 16:22
Yes, the proper name for baking soda is sodium bicarbonate
Reviewed on April 14, 2012

To anyone who has sensitive skin, try to saturate the soda with more water and only spot treat the acne.

Reviewed on April 13, 2012

i used baking soda everyday and saw incredible results! i wouldn't say that this got rid of my acne but i defiantly helped and made my skin smooth. It also minimized my pores. i would use this as a mask for 5-10 min, and sometimes take a toothbrush (not used obviously) and dip it into to paste and scrub on my acne because the bristles on the toothbrush helped exfoliate my skin and i think it worked better. it also make your skin e=very smooth and after i would apply a moisturizer.

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

I use baking soda in mask form and it works alright for me! It does make my pimples a little more noticeable sometimes but the baking soda stops the pimple in its tracks. Make sure you get the right consistency so it's not too watery. I like this product but only every so often. Not everyday! Way to harsh for that.