Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.3/5 - 913 reviews

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

IT IS THE BEST THING I'VE TRIED!! IT WORKS!!!! Im 14 and I developed acne halfway through year 7, I'm going into year 9 this year (in a month) and I will hopefully be clear by then!! I have a reaaallllyyy inflamed chin, it's like nothing I have ever seen before on other acne victims... I have red marks on both sides around my mouth and all over my forehead.... I previously tried clean and clear, neutrogena and all the other crap that didn't work for me, it made me break out even more.. I'd come home from school with 10 new pimples!!! :( i started cleansing my face woth lemon and sugar and that worked well. It completely stopped me breaking out!!! I tried other things to get rid of my red marks but I never continued with something long enough to see results. But try Baking Soda! It has to be left on long enough for results, i pour a small mountain in the middle of my palm then mix a few drops of water in it then spread it over my face and went to sleep. The next morning my skin had DEFINITELY improved!!!!! OMFG! I use braggs apple cider vinegar as a toner and I will most definitely keep this regime going (: good luck

Reviewed on January 2, 2012

I used a mask made from baking soda and water on my face once, and immediately broke into a painful and ugly rash. If your skin is sensitive or dry, DO NOT USE THIS METHOD.

If you aren't sure, definitely test it on a small section of skin before smothering your face in it.

I'd take acne over that rash any day!

Reviewed on January 2, 2012

Tried it for the first time this morning after reading these reviews. Made the mask and kept it on for 5 minutes. It DID start to burn, but as soon as I stepped into the shower, it felt great. Rinsing it gives a cool smooth texture to your face, and my skin was much better afterwards. Looks A LOT better. However, the whiteheads that aren't popped look more obvious after it, and seem to be more poppable, sometimes that can be good. I plan to keep using this, along with my OXY face wash (10% BP) which works ok. I really think this could work and fix my acne!! :))

Reviewed on December 28, 2011

I haven't used this as a paste as others have. I take about 1/2 teaspoon and put it into a dixie cup and fill with warm water, so maybe 3 oz of water. Then I wash my face with Johnson's baby wash (yellow bottle). Then I rinse most of the soap off. Then I use the baking soda mixture as a rinse and rub it gently into my skin. Then I rinse competely with warm water. After patting dry, I put on a good layer of face lotion. I do this every evening. This has worked better than prescription Retin-A.

Reviewed on December 23, 2011

I love this product. I had a couple of bad breakouts about a week ago and nothing has worked as well as baking soda. It has reduced the size and number of pimples on the side of my face in 2 days. Even thought it didn't get rid of them all, most have almost completely disappeared :)

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

For all the sensitive skin ppl out there, instead of water, try using whatever face wash you already use and watch your time. My skin in extremely sensitive but I mix equal parts baking soda/facewash then leave it on for no more than 2 minutes at first.

Reviewed on December 22, 2011

I totally recommend this! I use the cleanser provided by Daniel OR Cetaphil whichever I have handy, sprinkle a little baking soda in my hand, then squeeze two pumps of cleanser on top in the evenings while taking a shower and wash my face gently focusing on my cheeks and sides of my face, (My problem areas). I rinse really well immediately after washing and can feel the softness IMMEDIATELY. My skin FEELS and LOOKS better as soon as I get out. To close up my pores, I do a follow-up rinse with FREEZING cold water right after, then moisturize using CETAPHIL advanced moisture face lotion. AWESOME RESULTS!!!

Reviewed on December 21, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this! I've had acne since I was in my early teens and im now 21, it comes back every once in awhile and it always makes me feel so insecure about my face. I always spring to the store and pick up a new facial cleanser hoping something will finally work...but nope, it seems it works for awhile and then does no good.

So of course when I read about baking soda, watched videos and researched I figures to give it a try, but had my doubts it would do any good since nothing else did... Boy was I wrong! I used it one day and already saw a difference the next morning. I've now been using it for just over a week. At first i was using it as a paste and leaving it on for awhile but I find it better to just grab a handful in the shower and wash my face with it and then let it wash off within 30secs-1 minute. Anyway i've been using it in the morning and at night for over a week and can see a HUGE change, I'm almost acne free, hopefully in just a few more days I will have completely clear skin. If anything i recommend this, dont waste your money on products that dont work. Give it a try. :)

Reviewed on December 19, 2011

Do not use this if you have sensitive skin. I used this twice and it burned my skin. I now have to use Aloe Vera for it to heal. Seriously, don't use this. I put this on my face but missing around the eyes and now it looks like I got sunburn while wearing sun glasses because by eyes are completely outlined by burned skin. Please don't use if you have sensitive skin, learn from my mistakes.

Reviewed on December 19, 2011

I do this twice a day. Morning and night. I do not use cleaners on my face, I have found that warm water works the best. Use eye makeup remover if you need to. Soo, I rinse with warm water, and I use the paste as a mask, leave it on for about 20 minutes or so, and rinse with warm water, then cold immediately after :) My face is super clear now. I love it!