Page 12 of Baking Soda reviews

4.2/5 - 921 reviews

Reviewed on February 8, 2012

So, about 2 hours ago I decided I'd try this method to help clear up my face a bit. It wonderful! First, I got a small cup and lid and put some Baking soda in it, then a few drops of water, put the lid on, and shook it. I added more water and shook til it was a pastey consistency. I turned on my shower, and the steam opened up my pores. Then I put the mask on and left it there for 5 minutes. Then I got in the shower, and rinsed it off. It made my face FEEL better, even if I couldn't see the results. It felt cleaner right away. This really helps!

Reviewed on January 25, 2012

I tried baking soda and water this morning after reading all of these reviews. It stung but when i took a shower and rinsed it off it started to feel amazing! I have had acne since i was 9 years old (a genetic thing xP) and im 13 now. My skin is FINALLY feeling better!!!!!!! Ive tried every natural remedy (i dont trust those storebought ones!) that i cand get my hands on, most dont work. honey and lemon juice do help but theyre expensive :( But BAKING SODA WORKS LIKE NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!

(btw, NEVER use toothpaste, tried it last night and now i have big red burns on my face >:[ )

Reviewed on January 24, 2012

I'm 16 and have been battling acne for about 6 months now. I know this may seem like a short while but I'm the kind person that HATES pimples and scars. And so I've basically tried everything!

At first I used baking soda and water as a scrub but stopped as it made my pimples and face so red! Instead I used it every other night as an exfoliating mask. I cleanse my face and then apply a mixture of baking soda with several drops of water on my face. I rub very gently it in so it exfoliates my skin and make sure I do not scrub. Then I leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse off.

I also use this mixture as a spot treatment. I apply it wherever I have pimples and leave it on till I go to bed (because I don't want it flaking on my bed).

I've been doing these for only four days now but theres a big improvement in my face. When I started, I had pimples all over my forehead, side s and cheeks. Now, ONLY FOUR DAYS AFTER, I only have 5 little pimples in all just on my forehead!!

I recommend everyone to give baking soda treatment a shot so long as you're careful! Good luck and stay beautiful!

Reviewed on January 18, 2012

I still use this if it's all I have to exfoliate with, but it hurts my face if left on for very long at all--and my skin is not sensitive. I think it's too basic for skin. Saw no miracle with acne.

Reviewed on January 11, 2012

started using baking soda about a week and a half ago, morning and night. it has helped with the redness and made my skin soft. it has also made my some of my acne marks less visable.it does sting but just for a while and the warm water helps sooth it.

though it gave me great results it is not for people who have dry skin or senstive skin. if you wanna try it but have your skin is dry or senstive try in a small area, and have a good mositerizers.

Reviewed on January 10, 2012

It works as a perfect exfoliant. I do it once a week and I'm happy with results. Affordable and effective method for acne treatment. I'd say it gives me the same results as chemical peels.

Reviewed on January 10, 2012

Most people keep talking about how they got immediate results, or how their skin felt really smooth afterwards . . . honestly, I've been using it for a few weeks, and the only improvement I've noticed is that it makes my pores much smaller and helps shrink some pimples. But the pore-shrinking only lasts a few hours at most, and the pimples take so long to vanish that I'm really not sure if it's the baking soda or just time. However, my skin is actually pretty good, so maybe you just need more severe acne to see results. I'd recommend it on the sole basis that a lot of people did see results, though I didn't.

Reviewed on January 4, 2012

IT IS THE BEST THING I'VE TRIED!! IT WORKS!!!! Im 14 and I developed acne halfway through year 7, I'm going into year 9 this year (in a month) and I will hopefully be clear by then!! I have a reaaallllyyy inflamed chin, it's like nothing I have ever seen before on other acne victims... I have red marks on both sides around my mouth and all over my forehead.... I previously tried clean and clear, neutrogena and all the other crap that didn't work for me, it made me break out even more.. I'd come home from school with 10 new pimples!!! :( i started cleansing my face woth lemon and sugar and that worked well. It completely stopped me breaking out!!! I tried other things to get rid of my red marks but I never continued with something long enough to see results. But try Baking Soda! It has to be left on long enough for results, i pour a small mountain in the middle of my palm then mix a few drops of water in it then spread it over my face and went to sleep. The next morning my skin had DEFINITELY improved!!!!! OMFG! I use braggs apple cider vinegar as a toner and I will most definitely keep this regime going (: good luck

Reviewed on January 2, 2012

I used a mask made from baking soda and water on my face once, and immediately broke into a painful and ugly rash. If your skin is sensitive or dry, DO NOT USE THIS METHOD.

If you aren't sure, definitely test it on a small section of skin before smothering your face in it.

I'd take acne over that rash any day!