Page 5 of Bactrim/Septra (trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole) Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Bactrim/Septra

Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim.

Inactive ingredients:
Docusate sodium 85%, sodium benzoate 15%, sodium starch glycolate, magnesium stearate and pregelatinized starch.

Bactrim/Septra (trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole) Oral Antibiotic

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on October 22, 2011

it was amazing at first but if you try it make sure to schedule an appointment with your doctor if it stops working soyou can quikily get on another medication to keep away your acne :)

Reviewed on October 12, 2011

cont... HIVES red bumps everywhere, itchy eyes, stomach cramping, nausea, diarrhea, weakness, shortness of breath. Even after I stopped taking it , it took over 5 days for the disgusting rash to even begin to disapear. Id rather have zits than die!

Reviewed on October 9, 2011

Ive been on accutane before, and my skin was clear for about 7 months after the treatment. But it started coming back lightly but it was really bothering me and i wanted to go back on accutane but my derm told me to try Bactim DS in combination with Aczone... and this stuff works! I think its a combo of both that works really good! So i would recommend trying both of these at the same time, its def worth a shot... the azcone can be pricey but ask your derm for a discount coupon thats what i did and it was a lot cheaper!

Reviewed on September 28, 2011

By the grace of God i have not had to pay for these prescriptions because they were covered by insurance..

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

I took this pill 2x a day for 1 month. It did absolutely nothing for my acne. I still had just as many acne breakouts while taking the drug. The only good thing is I didn't have an allergic reaction to the sulfur in the drug. I guess I am one of those people who it just doesn't work for, which sucks because I was really hoping it would have worked. I wanted the same results as so many people on this site had. If it works for you, great! If it doesn't it's a waste of time. Luckily I have insurance so it was free to take for me.

Reviewed on September 12, 2011

Bactrim works, it clears up cystic acne relatively quickly in conjunction with topicals (Benzoyl Peroxide; Retin A). Does increase sensitivity to the sun and has numerous side effects(especially with those persons who are sulphur intolerant).

Reviewed on September 11, 2011

You start out with two everyday for 2 months, you are clear after 2 weeks of everything beneath skin, and after the two months you take one everyday.

Pair with a good non comedeogenic moisturizer and a benzoyle peroxide cleanser, you should be acne free in 2-3 weeks. No cystic acne at all ever. Skin isn't red. It does become more sensitive though, especially for shaving.

Take a Zinc pill in the morning, and Bactrim at night. The zinc will really help, most people don't believe it, but it is proven in many clinical, government, and university studies that zinc is the best thing for skin(both topical and pill).

My family has insurance, but these pills were the same price with insurance and off insurance.

My energy has increased a little, I can tell if I forgot to take the pill.

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

Overall, this pill has gotten rid of my acne like nothing else could, and it makes me feel super healthy!

When I went to the dermo, he said that my acne was VERY bad.

Reviewed on September 7, 2011

It worked great! But after a few months, it slowly stopped working.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

I was taking 2 bactrim pills a day. During the 3rd week I thought I was coming down with a bad cold or the flu. I had horrible joint aches and a horrible headache. After the 3rd day of feeling like this I thought it was odd those were my only symptoms. No cough, throwing up, stomach ache, etc. I called the local pharm. and she told me to stop taking the bactrim. When I went to my derm the following monday he sd I was allergic to it. I didn't think these symptoms would mean it was an allergic reaction? But I guess its better to assume that then be sorry. It was miserable though there was one night I couldn't even get out of bed because my head and body ached so bad! I guess there is no proof it was the bactrim, but I felt better as soon as I stopped taking it and I probably won't try it again. My body just didn't react well to it at all.