Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.6/5 - 55 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 05/30/2015 20:45 UTC

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

Healed my hormonal cystic acne
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

Hello I am 30 years old and lived in California my whole life. I have had bad hormonal acne since high school. When I turned 18 my doc put me on birth control pills and it went away, scars and all. I would just have some occasional breakouts on my cheeks but nothing I couldn't handle. When I was about 20 years old I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, the culprit to my hormone imbalance and acne. I will have to take meds for the rest of my life and I will always be battling breakouts. My face was pretty clear, just some minor blemishes on my cheeks and had some scars, but other than that my skin typw was normal. However, about 2 and half years ago I moved to the Southwest states where the weather is super dry year round, with very hot summers. In addition, I experienced an imbalance of my thyroid and needed my meds adjusted. Ever since my skin became really oily, which is a surprise because of the dry climate. I have had horribly painful, huge oily cysts mostly on my cheeks and chin, and now I have so many scars on my face because more cysts and pimples would appear before the others had a chance to heal.

I came across this healing clay about 6 months ago. It was a gift from a friend, and at first I was skeptical: its something I have to mix myself, so 1) its gonna be messy and 2) I'm not gonna know how to get the right consistency, etc. But like a previous reviewer stated before, practice makes perfect! Also, if you think about it, having the clay in powder form is better because you get to control everything you put into it. You know all the ingredients so you know its not gonna be bad for your face, no harsh chemicals or anything artificial, etc. The more I used it, the more I became familiar with my desired consistency.

I have been using the mask once a week before bedtime ever since. My face is so smooth after! But I have to say, I had to get used to how tight and dry the clay dries- im unable to talk, drink, and move my face/head very much thats how tight it gets! As well as the pulsating sensation on my skin, and how red and hot my face feels after taking it off. I was not a fan of that at first for I'm very fair complected. But I have noticed my pimples and cysts heal much faster and they only occur on my chin, and very rarely on my cheeks now, and my pores are closed. I mix the clay with ACV (apple cider vinegar) diluted with water 1:1 ratio that I keep in a mason jar. I have found that the ACV mixes way better with the clay than regular water. With water it would always come out super clumpy no matter how much more water I added. I tried warm water, tepid water, even cold water and results didnt change. Anyway, I leave the mask on however long it takes to dry and a little longer, approximately 30-45 min. Then, because the clay dries real hard, I soak a washcloth with water and let it sit on my face to soften up the clay a bit. Then, once the clay is softened enough, I gently wipe off the clay while simultaneously gently exfoliating. I have noticed my scars are not so dark and red, and like I mentioned before, it dries up the oily cysts on my chin. This mask is far better than the tubes and premixed packages you buy in drugstores! I always felt like something was missing and didn't achieve half as good results, as I did with the healing clay! The only warning I would say is if any of you have fair sensitive skin like I do, once a week is sufficient. And make sure you soften the clay with a soaked washcloth first before removing. Also, if you go to the manufacturer website there other recipes, other ingredients to mix in with the clay. I haven't tried them yet but I plan on it next application. After reading most of these reviews I found that I can identify with alot of you and wanted to share my story as well. Thanks for reading! Take care everyone!

Really effective
Reviewed on May 12, 2015

I have oily skin that reddens easily from blemishes. The norm for me is black heads on my nose and whiteheads on my chin and cheekbones, sometimes cystic acne - usually around my cycle. I received this from a friend for Christmas after a bad breakout. Maybe it was the apple cider vinegar or maybe it was the dry East Coast air that I wasn't used to, but it made me breakout badly... Lots of everything (whiteheads, blackheads and cysts) and very dry skin on top of it, which is extremely unusual for me. I had chalked it up to an ineffective mask, but came on here and saw the rave reviews it was getting so I figured I would give it another shot. This time I was back in California (no heat to dry out my skin) and I took the advice of other reviewers and used water instead of Apple Cider Vinegar. I left it on for longer than the recommended 20 minutes this time. I know it's unpleasant to not be able to move your face, but I have found the longer I can stand it the better. I usually make it to 45. It worked like a charm! Seriously guys, I don't give four stars lightly - this stuff shrunk every zit on my face without drying out my skin. But my favorite part by far is that it shrinks my pores in a dramatic way, makes me feel like I'm airbrushed. It takes a couple treatments to get the hang of the water to clay ratio you prefer, but I promise the practice is worth it ;) ALSO I know a lot of people feel like the mess is a major downside but dont't worry! I found a solution. I mix the clay and water in a little ziplock Baggie, then cut a little corner off and squeeze the mask out like its a frosting bag! Works like a charm, and no mugs or spoons to clean - it's also makes a huge difference to be able to mush it around in the bag for a while to make sure it's as smooth as possible. Throw away the bag and plan your application for directly before a shower and the mess becomes a non-issue! Good luck hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

Best product I've ever used.
Reviewed on April 11, 2015

I gave 4 stars instead of 5, because I still have some acne and whatnot. It's not LITERALLY miraculous, but it's really good.

This is the best thing I've ever tried for my skin. I'm 30 years old and have had acne since I was about 11. i have oily, tough skin and before this had probably moderate acne. I'd call it mild now, just some blackheads on my nose and little bumps - I haven't been getting big pimples all over my cheeks anymore. The only other thing to get my skin about this clear was Retin-A combined with other topicals. That also gave me high cholesterol and needs a prescription and strict regimen.

Make sure you replace the water called for with Bragg's apple cider vinegar! Coat it on very thick and let it sit awhile, I usually let it get very dry and "pulsate" for a bit so maybe end up with it on 30-40 minutes total. I'ce been using it 2 or 3 times a week and my skin is so much smoother and radiant and I've been having far fewer pimples. My hyperpigmentation looks like it's fading and old zits seem to be healing and my pores look refined.

I really recommend everyone to use this. Good luck!

Irritated my sensitive skin
Reviewed on March 27, 2015

I was really excited to use this after hearing such great things, so when it arrived mixed it together (ratio 1:1 clay to water until the right consistency) and left to dry for around 20 minutes.I have sensitive combination skin which has slight blemishes to the nose,chin and both cheeks.After about 10 minutes, I could feel it pulsating as it stated and it dried uncomfortably on my face.It was very hard to remove and hurt my skin quite a lot.Initially, I was quite happy with the results as it left my skin feeling very clean and smooth with the expected slight redness, but a couple of hours later a broke out into a spotty, red rash that covered my problem areas and was very painful.It may have worked better if I had reduce the time,but I feel like this is too strong for my sensitive skin.

by sweetamber84 on 05/26/2015 04:41
You have to dilute the ACV (apple cider vinegar) with water, 1:1 ratio. I mix the ACV in a quart mason jar and keep it under the sink, along with the clay. I have found that the ACV mixes far better with the clay than water. i dont know why but it does. Whenever I mix the clay with water, following 1:1 ratio it always comes out clumpy, no matter how mich more water I add. I hope this helps!
by sweetamber84 on 05/26/2015 06:14
by sweetamber84 on 05/26/2015 06:18
I love this miracle.
Reviewed on February 20, 2015

I had normal acne while growing up but once I was 17, my face cleared up. I then got the most stressful job of my life and BAM the acne came back worse than ever. After trying everything (it's embarrassing being an adult with acne), I found someone who said this mask was good. I bought 2 lbs of it.

I used it last week and as soon as I washed my face off, my face became smooth as a baby's bottom, I felt it pulsate too while I had the mask on. It looked so clear! So I'm hooked on it, I use it very often, in fact, I'm using it right now. I even had my brother use it and he loves it. Honestly, you need to try this miracle mask. It can clear your face effectively in just a night. Over a week you'll have a clear face!

Thank you mother Nature!
Reviewed on February 17, 2015

I've been suffering from acne for the past 9 years. It wasn't until I decided to let nature take its course and stop all of the unnatural treatments (BP, birth control salicylic acid cleansers, anything "acne" related) about 3 years ago, that my skin finally showed some improvements. But I still wasn't happy. Recently I was going through a good phase when all of the sudden (4 months ago) I started getting crazy cystic pimples along my jawline and cheeks, my skin had never looked like that. I was told it was hormonal acne by amateur dermatologists.

I learned about this clay mask and was glad to hear it was natural. I don't want my body depending on anything that isn't natural. So I decided to try it. I saw a lot of improvement from the 1st application. I've been doing it every day for the past 5 days and never leave it on for less than an hour. I've even taken a nap with it on (about two hours). I don't have an issue with the tightening and the pulsating feeling. I mix it with Braggs ACV and then I remove it in the shower. I follow with Thayer's witch hazel. My face looks very red after I remove it but then it goes away in about 20 minutes.

You see a huge difference in size and pain factor of cystic pimples. Red marks become lighter. Pores shrink and blackheads along my nose disappear. It peels your skin off in a nice way. The redness of the face is a result of increased circulation (pulsating feeling) in the face which stimulates healing and provides more oxygen to cells. My skin has been recovering extremely fast. You see instantaneous results. I love this mask and I hope to keep loving it!

I wish you luck in your journey!

Amazing
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

I used this for the first time in November, after which I experienced the worst breakout of my life so I packed it in..... End of December I picked it up again and won't put it back down. I suffer from cystic hormonal acne. I currently have 2tiny pimples and some old scarring.

Today I mixed this with green tea and vitamin C tablets and I'm feeling great!! I aim to use this twice a week with braggs acv but sometimes I only get enough time for one a week. Leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.

I admit it's not the most convenient of masks, it's a little messy but I don't know about you but I'd choose a bit of mess over cysts anyday!!

Just posted a blog entry on my page with my current skincare and vitamins if you want to check it out

Best Mask Ever
Reviewed on January 21, 2015

This stuff has many, many uses. It is awesome for purifying your skin but is almost a little uncomfortable when you use it. It feels like your face is pulsing when it is drawing out all the impurities. I just mix it with water but some people mix it with diluted ACV. I found that to be way to harsh on my skin. Definitely one of my favorite acne products ever.

Its the best try it!
Reviewed on December 26, 2014

Its really good. if u use it continuously like 3 times a week u will see a difference. my face was really soft, blemishes looked faded and no pimples. my face felt clear and flawless again . it also relaxes me and as your face is pulsating its like a face massage. The stuff is good. may not work for everyone but it worked for me. i would scared to use it at first too but then it was actually cool and i got use to it. it would not hurt to try something new. try it see if you like , and if you like it and continue. if you try it and it back fires just stop using it and at least you tried. but 90% chance you will love it.

Cured my acne
Reviewed on November 26, 2014

I'm a 39-year old man with moderate acne for 20 years, off and on. After 6 months of bad breakouts, I started used this clay once a week and the results were immediate. Very very infrequent/minor breakouts ever since, the least I've had in years.