The list of ingredients above is provided for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site.
|Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 10/01/2014 22:19 UTC
Acne.org is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go toward Acne.org maintenance.
[The prices listed above may change at any time and in some cases do not include shipping.]
I am 18 years old and I have had trouble with acne all of my life. I've looked at myself in the mirror numerous times and hated what I saw. Nobody in my family has acne problems like me, they would only get a few pimples, where as mine is spread all over my cheeks and to my chin and upper lip. I have tried NUMEROUS things, finally I got fed up and started searching the internet for a powerful mask to help subdue all of my acne. I found this and I saw all of the amazing reviews and it made me so very excited to try it, so I instantly bought it, a pound of it was only 5 dollars so obviously then and there I thought it was just too good to be true. The very first week I used it every single day, for about 25-45 minutes. I tried to keep it away from my eyes from where I saw that it tightens the skin up a good bit. Well, I definitely felt the tightening and pulsating in my face, it felt WONDERFUL! Of course when I went to take it off, it was a little painful, but taking a hot wet rag and wiping it off, definitely makes it not hurt. I've used it about 7 or 8 times now and my face has started to clear up and the redness has all gone away. I'd definitely recommend using a moisturizer, I use Aveeno clear complexion, it seems to help as well. All in all, it is a very good product to use if you have really bad acne. At first you will notice more white heads, but its only due to the mask pulling it up to the surface, your face needs time to heal so I'd say the 4th or 5th mask you should DEFINITELY see a difference! Good luck! :)
Okay .. Amazing .. Like literally my small forehead bumps either decreased or were gone and and so as my blackheads. You can just do this and water of acv but here's what I do :
charcoal capsules ( for extra deep cleansing )
tea tree oil
water or acv
This equals = awesome sauce
I never normally write reviews but I thought I should this time. I had moderately severe acne, I had alot of pimples on my forehead, my chin, someon my cheeks, and these weird ones above my lip and under my nose? But anyways, I bought this stuff thinking maybe it would help out a bit. Little did I know, this stuff was my miracle. I didn't see results the first time, nor did i the second. But by the third time I started to notice a difference and my skin has been getting better ever since. I mix it with equal parts apple cider vinegar and add a few drops of tea tree oil. I strongly recommend this.
So I just have to say, I love this stuff. My skin is so soft after and it helps pimples reduce significantly.
Pros: smooths skin
Closes and cleanse pores
Gentle on my uber sensitive skin
Very cheap, ten dollars for a huge jar
Cons: harder to make than other brands; you have to make the mixture yourself
Hurts to take off!! Soften it w water before you gently scrub
Leaves skin red for about a hour after use
Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone. Worth a try!
Ok so I know your not really suppose to use anything else with the regimen but I could not resist. I went on YouTube trying to find something to help with my acne and came across this mask. After seeing so many great reviews on it I ended up buying it from a vitamin shop online about the same time I ordered the regimen. All I have to say is this products combined together really got rid of my acne. I highly recommend it. Also, it worked in such little time. Yes it will dry out your skin but as soon as I use it I proceed with the regimen so the moisturizer takes care of it.
I love lists so here it goes.
1) Its super affordable! I got it at Whole Foods earlier in the year at like $5.99. I've been using it about at least once a week, at times twice a week and I still have only used maybe 1/5 of the whole tub.
2) (to add to 1) A little goes a long way. If you're having really troubled skin you can make a nice thick paste mask- if you're having a pretty good week- you can make a nice thin layer- its nice :)
3) No its not a miracle-worker but if you compare it to the other masks out there- it does the job at the fraction of the price. I was just about to buy Glamglow Supermud Mask since I found it at Costco for $36.99- when its usually $69.99- but when I read the reviews online, although I saw a lot of people saying that Glamglow's mask was great A LOT people added that its really expensive and that its not worth the money. Seriously this Aztec Healing Clay- does what the expensive mask do at a fraction of the price.
4) I havent found it to dry out my skin that badly- but then I've gotten used to moisturizing my skin afterwards- so don't forget to moisturize your skin afterwards.
5) Oh and how do I use it? I use it with Bragg's ACV- but any organic ACV would work fine. The only difference between Bragg's ACV and most is that Bragg's is Unpasteurized while others is pasteurized. What does that mean? If you're drinking ACV for health-wise purposes and want the best raw etc, then Bragg's might be better but since its going on your skin then I think any Organic (I'm thinking Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc) would be okay and save a buck or two. The only reason I went with Bragg's was at my Whole Food's (where I got my clay) they only had the big bottle of Whole Foods ACV and I wanted a smaller bottle- which was the Bragg's. Anddd I try to keep it on my face until the whole mask dries so somewhere between 40 minutes to an hour.
6) The only downside is- it does dry on your skin and depending on if you're someone who cant sit still and not move your mouth (like me) it will start to flake off your skin and you'll have bits and pieces of clay falling off your skin- so beware of that.
But in all- I LOVE this product. Its AFFORDABLE. It does the job (granted its NOT a miracle product/those don't exist so don't believe it :P).
I tried it a couple times. It really dries out your skin so you need to find a good moisturizer to put on afterwards. I usually mix it with half Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and tap water. The day after your skin looks pretty amazing, but I noticed a couple days after my skin began to break out in tiny pimples that took about a week to go away. Possibly my skin was purging but I don't really know for sure. It's nice once in awhile but I probably won't be doing it every week.
I've been using this with ACV for 3 weeks now and I'd say the results so far are positive. Every time I use it my face feels clean and it does feel like it's hard at work while it's drying. The thing it doesn't do is give immediate results. After washing the mask off, your face will be bright red and unbearably dry and you won't wake up the next day with clear skin. It does bring things to the surface and you will probably break out. Don't be put off by this - remember the skin takes several weeks to adjust and heal. I wouldn't say that this clay has 'improved' my skin yet for this reason but I do think that in a few more weeks I will start to see more of a difference.