Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.3/5 - 100 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 12/05/2016 02:37 UTC

It worked for a while
Reviewed on November 28, 2016

Hey guys i've been using this product for two weeks now 5x a week and in the first week the results were just amazing and instant. Like my pimples began shrinking and my face became so much less oiler but going into my second week more pimples began appearing and my face got more irritated :( . Any tips guys??

by Ceceluvsuxx on 12/04/2016 19:48
This mask is very powerful, it's supposed to be used as a weekly treatment, more frequently (3x a week) if you want. Using it every day can dry out and irritate your skin.
Quite Amazing!
Reviewed on November 24, 2016

I want to be a saleswoman for this product! I've had acne for literally 20 years. I've used this product twice. I have never put anything on my face that has produced such noticeable instant results. 20 years of experience, people. Will this be my "final" acne product needed? So far I think so! I feel you have acne you know your skin very well and you know when something is working. This product is working. Blackheads gone, pores already shrinking, skin very soft! You mix clay with Apple Cider Vinegar (which may be most of it's effectively- not sure yet, haven't had enough time to experiment). It does leave my face red for about 40 mins but that goes away. I don't know what else to say except that it is an answer to a 20 year long prayer. If you are reading this, you owe it to yourself to try the product. God Bless You!

I don't know if this product is for me
Reviewed on November 2, 2016

So I have used this product three times, and everytime I use it the next morning my face looks worse then the day before. I prior to trying this I was using retin-a micro and my skin was a lot smoother and clearer then it had in a year, but after using the Indian healing clay my skin isn't nearly as smooth 😞

Absolutely in love!
Reviewed on October 12, 2016

I have sensitive oily/ combination skin and I am also as pale as it gets. I have had acne since I was about 14, it's been sparse to moderate mostly but I get painful under the skin pimples on my chin around the time of the month. Most products are too harsh and make my face worse ( I'm also, stupidly, a picker.. I just can't help it). But this product is amazing! It didn't irritate my skin and it makes my scars look better and the acne irritation less noticeable. I mix about a teaspoon of raw honey and 1/2 ACV 1/2 water. It really brings the under the skin pimples to the surface and eases the pain. It has helped clear my nasty blackheads and even helped heal the acne I've picked at.

Also, what has helped me bring under the skin pimples out is to soak them with a hot but tolerable to skin washcloth for a few minutes and then apply the mask. This stuff is great for just spot treatment in between masks too.

I've also started mixing 100% Argan Oil in with my moisturizer to help with my oily skin and to help with acne/ scars. It is non-comedogenic and you only need a few drops so it lasts forever! :)

helped me get rid of stubborn comedones
Reviewed on September 1, 2016

Hello!

I have been using this product for around 5 months now. I decided to try it after suffering from acne for about 8 months after stopping birth control pills. I had the worst acne of my life at 22!! My forehead was completely covered with comedones and whiteheads spotted the rest of my face. I'm so grateful for this product and the effects it had on my skin after just 2 weeks (and only 4 uses)! It is a staple in my facial regimen - I use it bi-weekly for 20 minutes at a time and immediately moisturize after washing it off. This product has gotten rid of my forehead comedones and prevented new ones from popping back up. My overall skin oiliness has decreased and when I do break out it is less frequent and only 2-5 cover-able bumps.

I also recommend this product for individuals who want to get off of topical treatments (benzoyl peroxide, SA, etc). When I first started using this product I was also using topical treatments - since getting off of those 1 month ago no changes in my acne levels have occurred. But please note I had been using this product for 4 months prior.

In conclusion I would say give it a try for at least 2 weeks. The first time I used this product I noticed no effects but after the third time the effect was obvious. The point of this product is to bring impurities to the surface of your skin so after using it you will most likely immediately have new whiteheads that you can extract (if you know how). This product did not make me "purge". I used this with half water and half ACV in the beginning and now do primarily 100% ACV unless my skin is dry.

It's a no from me
Reviewed on August 27, 2016

Bruh, it made my face SO much worse. I haven't had a breakout this bad since high school. I'm assuming it happened because it was cleansing my pores, but still; I rather not do it because it has been two weeks and my face still looks like a friggin' pizza. :(

Question
Reviewed on August 19, 2016

Well i just want to ask that can i wash my face after using the mask with cold water?

I saw so many of the reviews that said it was a very good product with acne prone skin so i want to give it a try. Is it okay if i wash it with cold water? Thanks

by Sarafina001 on 09/05/2016 05:18
No warm water
by HeatherB15 on 10/12/2016 21:31
I believe warm water, so your pores stay open while washing the mask off. But after it's off, you can splash your face with cold water to help close your pores.
AMAZING!!!
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

Guys let me start by saying i never ever write reviews, so this product has amazed me enough that i just had to write one. I only ordered this product 3 days ago and it arrived yesterday and ive used it ONCE yes once and the results are phenominal already. Ill give you a little background on my skin, for 4 years ive had acne on and off but mostly ive had closed comedones and i never knew what they were until recently, ive tried squeezing proding and scraping the contents out of these bumps but alls it does is inflame it and make it bleed which turns into a scab and looks 100x worse. Theres literally hundreds of these horrible things all over my forehead, temples cheeks and chin and have never even budged in the slightest in literally years! I used this product today guys and it brought all of the contents closer to the surface and after i washed it off i squeezed about half of them out already after one use, its like a miracle guys these bumps have not budged in years yet after one use of this amazing product half of them are gone! It brings all the nasty gunk out of your pores to the surface so they can be extracted. I mixed the clay in equal parts with Braggs Apple Cider Vinger in a plastic bowl with a plastic spoon because it reacts to metal and the clay loses its good quality compound, it feels great on your skin and pulsates you can feel it purging the skin, expect the face to get warmer too but this is normal, also your face is red for an hour or so later. But after it if you want to get rid of closed comedones or blackheads, take a blackhead extractor tool and they pop stright out! Then clean the face again and apply a toner and moisturizer, i found an another amazing product which has also worked wonders in the matter of days and its called silver serum, its cheap and a little of the product goes a very long way. It gets rid of bad bacteria whilst putting good bacteria that has been stripped from the skin because of the mask back into the skin which stops you oveproducing oil. Sorry for the long review guys but seriously get this product you will NOT be disappointed!!!

by Meci Ackerman on 08/19/2016 16:39
Did u wash ur face with cold water or warm water?
by Arose97 on 08/22/2016 19:47
What you had, were they white heads? I have so many stubborn ones and nothing has worked for me. Please let me know!
by kmmrh on 11/25/2016 13:14
Sorry guys I've only just seen your comments, I wash with the warmest water I can stand at first, this gets the mask off easier and also keeps your pores open so you can extract the gunk out what the mask has brought to the surface. Then once I've washed it off I go to the mirror and use a clean comedone extractor to get all the stuff out of my pores, then once that's done I rinse my face with cold water (this will close the clean pores up) and moisturise, then I'm all done! It works a treat
by Tweebs on 11/25/2016 19:38
hey, can you tell which brand of silver serum?
it's a must in my "beauty arsenal"
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I had mine for almost 3 years already and almost expiring. Just my first tub but definitely will be buying a new one. I used this with the ACV as it was the most recommended combination and many said that it maximizes its use. There are times that I'm crazy, I added some honey with it as well. Yeah, the pulsating effect and red faced after were there. Did it had noticeable effect on my skin? Not really but the mere fact that it pulls out some dirt and toxins on my face is enough to earn its place in my arsenal.

I have to be honest that whenever I have hormonal pimple or just plain pimples, it did not actually shrunk its size (that was for me). Recently I purchased Activated charcoal online (for teeth whitening purpose) and I remembered I read somewhere it can also be combined with Bentonite clay.. so I tried it. And the result: I have this red spot on my face (telling me that there will be a pimple erupting from it).. when I used the mask.. it was gone the next day. And then I started having pimples at the side of my forehead and one in my jaw (because period is coming), I used the mask then next day the pimples sizes dramatically shrunk. For me this combo works. Another reason to keep both in my arsenal.

My formula: 1tbsp of bentonite clay, 2 capsules of activated charcoal powder, 1 tsp of honey, 2tbsp of green tea (coming from the one I'm steeping for drinking)

highly reccommend
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

love this stuff...since i have been using it i have had no cystic acne even when i am stressed out or eating badly...before i might have had one or two cystic pimples a month...but none for three months now...my face also seems to have less redness... scars from the past cystic acne seem to be fading away as well...one warning do not wear this if there is even a chance of company coming over...you look like something that crawled out of the swamp with this on.but i would highly reccommend this.

by yugogirl on 07/19/2016 22:32
how often did you use it and how long did you leave it on for? Mixed with water or apple cider vinegar?