Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.4/5 - 77 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 11/29/2015 02:47 UTC
$4.73 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Excited to See Results!
Reviewed on October 27, 2015

i was really curious when I started reading reviews on this product. Now considering the fact that 1 pound of it was like $8 on amazon I figured to give it a shot! It came and I mixed my first mask. I was nervous about using ACV cause it tends to break me out so I used lemon juice instead since it has the same acidity as ACV. Mixed one tbs of powder and one tbs of lemon juice and a few drops of water. Came out to a nice creamy paste and I applied it using a clean foundation brush. It wasn't long before it started pulsating and tingling. Then after about 15 mins my whole face felt like it was being sucked in a vacuum! It was strangely pleasing! After about 20 mins I decided to remove it, and it really wasn't to hard, I used a warm washcloth then some paper towels. I made sure to dispose the rest of the mask in the garbage. I looked at my face and was very please! The HUGE pores around my nose were pretty much gone, some black heads still remained but not nearly as bad as it used to be. The rest of my face was a lot more even, and just a tiny bit red. The next day I woke up with a few new bumps but that is supposed to happen since the mask is pulling out all the yuck. I plan on using this every other day for the next two weeks and will come back with results!

Natural is better in the long run!
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

I'm a 37 yr old female who's suffered from cystic/ inflammatory acne since age 12. I've used accutane and just about every other prescription and non prescription available and have had periods of no acne, but it always comes back :-( I've been dairy free for over 2 yrs and still not completely clear.

Been using Aztec secret clay with ACV twice a week for about 3 weeks for 30 min and I have to say I've noticed a huge difference on my skin. My existing acne has cleared up and only one new pimple that cleared up in two days! That's not usually the case for me usually my pimples take weeks to clear up.

My skin looks great with no makeup, haven't said that since accutane over 10 yrs ago. Would never do accutane again... Just saying

Oh I was also using the clay as a spot treatment to clear up the existing acne.

I leave it on over night as a spot treatment.

My extremely oily skin has calmed down tremendously.

I'm hoping this will continue to work :)

Best of luck to anyone who is suffering from acne. I know acne is a self esteem killer and can change ur happy personality to a introverted sad personality. Hang in there and don't give up.

Thank you mother Nature!
Reviewed on February 17, 2015

I've been suffering from acne for the past 9 years. It wasn't until I decided to let nature take its course and stop all of the unnatural treatments (BP, birth control salicylic acid cleansers, anything "acne" related) about 3 years ago, that my skin finally showed some improvements. But I still wasn't happy. Recently I was going through a good phase when all of the sudden (4 months ago) I started getting crazy cystic pimples along my jawline and cheeks, my skin had never looked like that. I was told it was hormonal acne by amateur dermatologists.

I learned about this clay mask and was glad to hear it was natural. I don't want my body depending on anything that isn't natural. So I decided to try it. I saw a lot of improvement from the 1st application. I've been doing it every day for the past 5 days and never leave it on for less than an hour. I've even taken a nap with it on (about two hours). I don't have an issue with the tightening and the pulsating feeling. I mix it with Braggs ACV and then I remove it in the shower. I follow with Thayer's witch hazel. My face looks very red after I remove it but then it goes away in about 20 minutes.

You see a huge difference in size and pain factor of cystic pimples. Red marks become lighter. Pores shrink and blackheads along my nose disappear. It peels your skin off in a nice way. The redness of the face is a result of increased circulation (pulsating feeling) in the face which stimulates healing and provides more oxygen to cells. My skin has been recovering extremely fast. You see instantaneous results. I love this mask and I hope to keep loving it!

I wish you luck in your journey!

UPDATE! 09/04/15

Right after I learned the benefits of the clay on my skin, I started to really research it and found out that it was even better when ingested. I began drinking the clay and I started out slowly because I did not want to make my body sick due to the detoxification. Unfortunately, I did get sick. I had diarrhea and was throwing up. This can happen when your body is detoxifying. I gave the clay a break for a week and then went back to drinking it every other day. I began this process in early January. Now my face looks great, I have a couple of acne marks that don't bother me and also the clay helps with scarring too so I know it will eventually get taken care of. I rarely ever get any pimples and when I do it's small and I just apply clay as a spot treatment and it dries it out very quick. My pores look smaller and cleaner. I'm very happy with how my skin has been.

Nowadays all I do is wash my face with a gentle cleanser and use a moisturizer from bareminerals. I drink clay probably three times a week (somtimes I'll go a week without drinking it) and I'll do a mask twice a week. Some days when I feel like my skin is getting dry I like to do a manuka mask.

Many people were telling me to get on accutane because my skin was looking terrible. I'm happy I just stayed with the clay. Now all of those people are surprised that I cleared my face up with volcanic ash.

Good luck and don't give up on any routine that you believe could work!

Should I carry on using?
Reviewed on August 25, 2015

I used this product and it cleared my skin for a few days but after that my acne has become worse than before after using it several times.

I'm so embarrassed to even go out the house it's that bad!!

Will I ever reach a point where this stops breaking me out? ( it's been 5 weeks)

Or should I stop using it?

Reviewed on August 11, 2015

I have been battling acne since junior high and i couldn't find anything to help it until i decided to order this. I have a lot of little bumps and huge white heads and here and there i get black heads around my nose. This product sucks all the toxins out and has made my huge pores much smaller. Also what has helped my skin is Shea's moisture African Black Soap bar, it doesn't contain harsh chemicals that most cleansers do, which will irritate acne.

Still Not Sure if it's working
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

I have a ton of bumps all over my face. I did some research and found that they were closed comedones and I really wanted to get rid of them. In the sunlight they looked completely disgusting and it was just ugh..

So I tried the clay mask, and I rubbed it on my face, then used a brush to smooth it over.

The next morning, about 90% of my closed comedone bumps have turned into large whiteheads. I'm not squeezing them but hopefully this is a good sign that the clay is bringing the gunk out of the closed comedones.

Also, I remove the mask like this. I wet a washcloth in some hot water and gently wipe my face off, collecting the water in a bowl or basin. Then I pour it down the toilet because I don't want it clogging up my skin. That's it.

Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about this product.

Reviewed on June 23, 2015

Aztec Indian Healing clay is quite literally a miracle in powder form. Prior to my purchasing, I spent countless hours searching through customer reviews reading the success stories of others. I am an individual who suffers from the occasional cystic acne “breakout.” I am extremely cautious of the products based on the relatively sensitive nature of my skin. Although this product is extremely drying, it had little to no effect on the sensitivity of my dry skin; however, I used this product 3 times within a 4 day period and it provided me with a smooth, flawless complexion. I mixed this product with equal parts of Apple Cider Vinegar (as directed). Because the smell was off-putting, I added 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil which not only added to the skin clearing benefits; however, it made the mixture smell heavenly! I applied it to my face and removed it after 30 minutes – fortunately, I did not experience any redness or immediate dryness; however, I did notice that a few new cystic bumps seemed to appear. I immediately applied Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and went to bed. The next morning, my face was so smooth. Unfortunately, the bumps still remained. That evening, I applied the facemask again. I noticed no difference in the size of the deep bumps, so, I unfortunately began to try popping them. I was left with even bigger, swollen bumps on my face and slathered a salicylic acid based serum all over. I woke up the next morning with flattened scabs that were difficult to cover. I decided to use very little facial products for the next two days hoping that the damage would subside. By Monday, my face was dry and ridden with several scabs, though I did notice slight improvement. Monday evening, I decided to give this product another try – I am so glad I did! I notice a significant improvement in the size and color of my acne scabs immediately after removing the mask. Again, I applied a moisturizing lotion and went to bed. I woke up this morning with a new face! I was only left with one diminished scab that is easily covered with makeup. I cannot wait to see the type of results I experience tonight! Please, everyone – do not play with your blemishes! Allow this product to work it’s magic!

Reviewed on June 10, 2015

this stuff works great but i feel like im doing something wrong because everytime i use it it takes over 50 minutes to completely dry, especially on my cheeks (which is where my acne is the worst) everything else dries in under 30 minutes but its just those areas that never dry completely, is it bad to just leave it on that area for over an hour? overall though, the product is amazing.

by sbc2392 on 07/22/2015 17:18
I keep it on for a long time because it takes a long time to dry on me as well. I noticed though when I put a thinner amount over my face it dried quicker with the same results.
Must try if you have clogged pores!
Reviewed on June 2, 2015

After doing the OCM around 2 years ago, my cystic acne has failed to return (YAY! Stay away from my face, you painful pulsating bumps!) however I couldn't seem to shake some occasional white heads (about 2-3 a week) and the ever existing clogged pores/blackheads, which would later get inflamed, infected, would turn into white heads, and continue the vicious cycle. UNTIL! I found this miracle in a jar! Although it dried out my face at first, I wash my face with this 3 times a day now! (I have super greasy skin and washing 3 times a day is the only way to keep acne at bay. You'd think my skin would be dry as sand by now, but it's incredibly soft and plump!) I mix the ratio of Braggs ACV to this, 1:1 in the morning, let it sit on my face for at least 30 mins, rinse off. Then in the afternoon, I mix ACV with water, 1:1, then use the ACV/water mixture with aztec secret, 1:1. I rub it on my face and rinse off without waiting. Same thing at night. I follow up with my toner, salicylic acid gel, and moisturizer. After doing this for a month, my pores have looked cleaner and smaller than they have in a LONG time! My skin hasn't looked this good since before my battle with acne started, and that's pretty amazing to me. I love this stuff, and I'll probably use it for the rest of my life, even long after my acne is completely gone.

Healed my hormonal cystic acne
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

Hello I am 30 years old and lived in California my whole life. I have had bad hormonal acne since high school. When I turned 18 my doc put me on birth control pills and it went away, scars and all. I would just have some occasional breakouts on my cheeks but nothing I couldn't handle. When I was about 20 years old I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, the culprit to my hormone imbalance and acne. I will have to take meds for the rest of my life and I will always be battling breakouts. My face was pretty clear, just some minor blemishes on my cheeks and had some scars, but other than that my skin typw was normal. However, about 2 and half years ago I moved to the Southwest states where the weather is super dry year round, with very hot summers. In addition, I experienced an imbalance of my thyroid and needed my meds adjusted. Ever since my skin became really oily, which is a surprise because of the dry climate. I have had horribly painful, huge oily cysts mostly on my cheeks and chin, and now I have so many scars on my face because more cysts and pimples would appear before the others had a chance to heal.

I came across this healing clay about 6 months ago. It was a gift from a friend, and at first I was skeptical: its something I have to mix myself, so 1) its gonna be messy and 2) I'm not gonna know how to get the right consistency, etc. But like a previous reviewer stated before, practice makes perfect! Also, if you think about it, having the clay in powder form is better because you get to control everything you put into it. You know all the ingredients so you know its not gonna be bad for your face, no harsh chemicals or anything artificial, etc. The more I used it, the more I became familiar with my desired consistency.

I have been using the mask once a week before bedtime ever since. My face is so smooth after! But I have to say, I had to get used to how tight and dry the clay dries- im unable to talk, drink, and move my face/head very much thats how tight it gets! As well as the pulsating sensation on my skin, and how red and hot my face feels after taking it off. I was not a fan of that at first for I'm very fair complected. But I have noticed my pimples and cysts heal much faster and they only occur on my chin, and very rarely on my cheeks now, and my pores are closed. I mix the clay with ACV (apple cider vinegar) diluted with water 1:1 ratio that I keep in a mason jar. I have found that the ACV mixes way better with the clay than regular water. With water it would always come out super clumpy no matter how much more water I added. I tried warm water, tepid water, even cold water and results didnt change. Anyway, I leave the mask on however long it takes to dry and a little longer, approximately 30-45 min. Then, because the clay dries real hard, I soak a washcloth with water and let it sit on my face to soften up the clay a bit. Then, once the clay is softened enough, I gently wipe off the clay while simultaneously gently exfoliating. I have noticed my scars are not so dark and red, and like I mentioned before, it dries up the oily cysts on my chin. This mask is far better than the tubes and premixed packages you buy in drugstores! I always felt like something was missing and didn't achieve half as good results, as I did with the healing clay! The only warning I would say is if any of you have fair sensitive skin like I do, once a week is sufficient. And make sure you soften the clay with a soaked washcloth first before removing. Also, if you go to the manufacturer website there other recipes, other ingredients to mix in with the clay. I haven't tried them yet but I plan on it next application. After reading most of these reviews I found that I can identify with alot of you and wanted to share my story as well. Thanks for reading! Take care everyone!