Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.6/5 - 42 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 07/30/2014 21:02 UTC

Soo good I don't know what I would do without it ..
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

Okay .. Amazing .. Like literally my small forehead bumps either decreased or were gone and and so as my blackheads. You can just do this and water of acv but here's what I do :

Aztec clay

charcoal capsules ( for extra deep cleansing )

tea tree oil

water or acv

This equals = awesome sauce

amazing!!
Reviewed on July 20, 2014

I never normally write reviews but I thought I should this time. I had moderately severe acne, I had alot of pimples on my forehead, my chin, someon my cheeks, and these weird ones above my lip and under my nose? But anyways, I bought this stuff thinking maybe it would help out a bit. Little did I know, this stuff was my miracle. I didn't see results the first time, nor did i the second. But by the third time I started to notice a difference and my skin has been getting better ever since. I mix it with equal parts apple cider vinegar and add a few drops of tea tree oil. I strongly recommend this.

Amazing!
Reviewed on July 18, 2014

So I just have to say, I love this stuff. My skin is so soft after and it helps pimples reduce significantly.

Pros: smooths skin

Closes and cleanse pores

Gentle on my uber sensitive skin

Very cheap, ten dollars for a huge jar

Cons: harder to make than other brands; you have to make the mixture yourself

Hurts to take off!! Soften it w water before you gently scrub

Leaves skin red for about a hour after use

Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone. Worth a try!

So happy with this product
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

Ok so I know your not really suppose to use anything else with the regimen but I could not resist. I went on YouTube trying to find something to help with my acne and came across this mask. After seeing so many great reviews on it I ended up buying it from a vitamin shop online about the same time I ordered the regimen. All I have to say is this products combined together really got rid of my acne. I highly recommend it. Also, it worked in such little time. Yes it will dry out your skin but as soon as I use it I proceed with the regimen so the moisturizer takes care of it.

Absolutely Recommend it :)
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

I love lists so here it goes.

1) Its super affordable! I got it at Whole Foods earlier in the year at like $5.99. I've been using it about at least once a week, at times twice a week and I still have only used maybe 1/5 of the whole tub.

2) (to add to 1) A little goes a long way. If you're having really troubled skin you can make a nice thick paste mask- if you're having a pretty good week- you can make a nice thin layer- its nice :)

3) No its not a miracle-worker but if you compare it to the other masks out there- it does the job at the fraction of the price. I was just about to buy Glamglow Supermud Mask since I found it at Costco for $36.99- when its usually $69.99- but when I read the reviews online, although I saw a lot of people saying that Glamglow's mask was great A LOT people added that its really expensive and that its not worth the money. Seriously this Aztec Healing Clay- does what the expensive mask do at a fraction of the price.

4) I havent found it to dry out my skin that badly- but then I've gotten used to moisturizing my skin afterwards- so don't forget to moisturize your skin afterwards.

5) Oh and how do I use it? I use it with Bragg's ACV- but any organic ACV would work fine. The only difference between Bragg's ACV and most is that Bragg's is Unpasteurized while others is pasteurized. What does that mean? If you're drinking ACV for health-wise purposes and want the best raw etc, then Bragg's might be better but since its going on your skin then I think any Organic (I'm thinking Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc) would be okay and save a buck or two. The only reason I went with Bragg's was at my Whole Food's (where I got my clay) they only had the big bottle of Whole Foods ACV and I wanted a smaller bottle- which was the Bragg's. Anddd I try to keep it on my face until the whole mask dries so somewhere between 40 minutes to an hour.

6) The only downside is- it does dry on your skin and depending on if you're someone who cant sit still and not move your mouth (like me) it will start to flake off your skin and you'll have bits and pieces of clay falling off your skin- so beware of that.

But in all- I LOVE this product. Its AFFORDABLE. It does the job (granted its NOT a miracle product/those don't exist so don't believe it :P).

This stuff is ok
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

I tried it a couple times. It really dries out your skin so you need to find a good moisturizer to put on afterwards. I usually mix it with half Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and tap water. The day after your skin looks pretty amazing, but I noticed a couple days after my skin began to break out in tiny pimples that took about a week to go away. Possibly my skin was purging but I don't really know for sure. It's nice once in awhile but I probably won't be doing it every week.

Worth the purchase
Reviewed on April 1, 2014

I've been using this with ACV for 3 weeks now and I'd say the results so far are positive. Every time I use it my face feels clean and it does feel like it's hard at work while it's drying. The thing it doesn't do is give immediate results. After washing the mask off, your face will be bright red and unbearably dry and you won't wake up the next day with clear skin. It does bring things to the surface and you will probably break out. Don't be put off by this - remember the skin takes several weeks to adjust and heal. I wouldn't say that this clay has 'improved' my skin yet for this reason but I do think that in a few more weeks I will start to see more of a difference.

love it - clay mask plus turmeric
Reviewed on January 1, 2014

I lkve this together wjth turmeric. It really sucks up excess oil and dirt so pls make sure dont move your face when you have this on

Feels great on skin, current acne remains, dryness occurs
Reviewed on December 31, 2013

Leaves skin feeling great. Pimples still exist. Must moisturize following use.

Not sure what happened...
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I just got the product delivered to me today! i was very VERY excited to use it after reading so much positive reviews from many people all over the world, so i rushed in to the bathroom washed my face and tried the socall "the world most powerful facial" with ACV, i have a few pimples on my chin, between my nose and mouse and a few on my left cheek, my forehead and right cheek is pretty clear if the slight scaring of previous pimple are not considered, during the masking process, is was fun and very tightening, it took 40-50 min to dry, not completely, but 98% dry, i washed the mask off with warm water and circular motion which the mask came off quite easily, but i was somewhat disappointed with the result, the pimples on my chin and between mouse and nose has already got the white head, which i was able to resist and not pop, after washing off the mask they are still there, smaller, but still there. it didn't really do anything for the blackhead on the side of my nose, it did reduce the redness of my face and smoothen it, but overall I don't think it did what it claimed to do, for me anyway. I will keep using it EVERYDAY until friday, and to see any improvements i take pictures of my face once or twice a day to see the change. I have fairly oily skin, I was going to use coconut oil after wards but I used witch hazel toner instead, to be honest, I'm really disappointed, but I wouldn't say its a waste of my money... yet.