Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.3/5 - 104 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 01/21/2017 16:08 UTC

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

Ok to use with acne.org products?
Reviewed on January 13, 2017

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if it's alright to keep using benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid but replace them with this one time a day once or twice per week?

Dryness, redness - not good for sensitive skin
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

If you have sensitive skin, stay away from this product. People who have normal or tough skin will probably benefit from its drying effects, but all this clay mask did was give me huge, red splotches of irritated skin even when I only used it for 2-3 minutes at a time. And it did next to nothing to actually dry up active spots. Total waste of time.

Not what I expected
Reviewed on December 31, 2016

Hasn't helped with my breakouts at all which is a huge disappointment but I hear that works better with apple cider vinegar which I can't find anywhere. It's leaves my face smoothe and soft though!

by scarter88 on 01/11/2017 12:05
Apple Cider Vinegar "with the mother" is on Amazon
IMMEDIATE RESULTS
Reviewed on December 19, 2016

I have had acne for YEARS now and not a lot has helped. Only recently started using retinol which definitely worked to minimize the acne (you might want to consider that too). However, my pores are huge, I still break out, and still have a few scars. I bought this just recently and after the first use, like right after I washed it off, my pores shrank! The day after, I also noticed the redness from healing pimples went away, and my skin was so smooth. It's definitely worth trying.

It worked for a while
Reviewed on November 28, 2016

Hey guys i've been using this product for two weeks now 5x a week and in the first week the results were just amazing and instant. Like my pimples began shrinking and my face became so much less oiler but going into my second week more pimples began appearing and my face got more irritated :( . Any tips guys??

by Ceceluvsuxx on 12/04/2016 19:48
This mask is very powerful, it's supposed to be used as a weekly treatment, more frequently (3x a week) if you want. Using it every day can dry out and irritate your skin.
Quite Amazing!
Reviewed on November 24, 2016

I want to be a saleswoman for this product! I've had acne for literally 20 years. I've used this product twice. I have never put anything on my face that has produced such noticeable instant results. 20 years of experience, people. Will this be my "final" acne product needed? So far I think so! I feel you have acne you know your skin very well and you know when something is working. This product is working. Blackheads gone, pores already shrinking, skin very soft! You mix clay with Apple Cider Vinegar (which may be most of it's effectively- not sure yet, haven't had enough time to experiment). It does leave my face red for about 40 mins but that goes away. I don't know what else to say except that it is an answer to a 20 year long prayer. If you are reading this, you owe it to yourself to try the product. God Bless You!

by Lindap on 12/15/2016 16:59
Don't let it dry out. Your skin will be too irritated, hende the red. And yes, this is amazing. Put it on in a think layer, and if you can stand it, lay a warm damp cloth over your face. 5-10 min. Wash off. Your result will double
I don't know if this product is for me
Reviewed on November 2, 2016

So I have used this product three times, and everytime I use it the next morning my face looks worse then the day before. I prior to trying this I was using retin-a micro and my skin was a lot smoother and clearer then it had in a year, but after using the Indian healing clay my skin isn't nearly as smooth 😞

by maddrunner on 12/17/2016 21:22
This product pulls all of the bad stuff out of your skin! Stick with it for a while i promise it will get better!!
Absolutely in love!
Reviewed on October 12, 2016

I have sensitive oily/ combination skin and I am also as pale as it gets. I have had acne since I was about 14, it's been sparse to moderate mostly but I get painful under the skin pimples on my chin around the time of the month. Most products are too harsh and make my face worse ( I'm also, stupidly, a picker.. I just can't help it). But this product is amazing! It didn't irritate my skin and it makes my scars look better and the acne irritation less noticeable. I mix about a teaspoon of raw honey and 1/2 ACV 1/2 water. It really brings the under the skin pimples to the surface and eases the pain. It has helped clear my nasty blackheads and even helped heal the acne I've picked at.

Also, what has helped me bring under the skin pimples out is to soak them with a hot but tolerable to skin washcloth for a few minutes and then apply the mask. This stuff is great for just spot treatment in between masks too.

I've also started mixing 100% Argan Oil in with my moisturizer to help with my oily skin and to help with acne/ scars. It is non-comedogenic and you only need a few drops so it lasts forever! :)

helped me get rid of stubborn comedones
Reviewed on September 1, 2016

Hello!

I have been using this product for around 5 months now. I decided to try it after suffering from acne for about 8 months after stopping birth control pills. I had the worst acne of my life at 22!! My forehead was completely covered with comedones and whiteheads spotted the rest of my face. I'm so grateful for this product and the effects it had on my skin after just 2 weeks (and only 4 uses)! It is a staple in my facial regimen - I use it bi-weekly for 20 minutes at a time and immediately moisturize after washing it off. This product has gotten rid of my forehead comedones and prevented new ones from popping back up. My overall skin oiliness has decreased and when I do break out it is less frequent and only 2-5 cover-able bumps.

I also recommend this product for individuals who want to get off of topical treatments (benzoyl peroxide, SA, etc). When I first started using this product I was also using topical treatments - since getting off of those 1 month ago no changes in my acne levels have occurred. But please note I had been using this product for 4 months prior.

In conclusion I would say give it a try for at least 2 weeks. The first time I used this product I noticed no effects but after the third time the effect was obvious. The point of this product is to bring impurities to the surface of your skin so after using it you will most likely immediately have new whiteheads that you can extract (if you know how). This product did not make me "purge". I used this with half water and half ACV in the beginning and now do primarily 100% ACV unless my skin is dry.

It's a no from me
Reviewed on August 27, 2016

Bruh, it made my face SO much worse. I haven't had a breakout this bad since high school. I'm assuming it happened because it was cleansing my pores, but still; I rather not do it because it has been two weeks and my face still looks like a friggin' pizza. :(