Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.4/5 - 80 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 02/08/2016 05:48 UTC

Please try this!
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

hi:)

ive been on reviews on beauty products that i have been using. To start with, im in the oily-acne prone skin. I have a serious battle of acne way back my college days. Since then i cant go on everyday without using my treatments. They works for me. Yes, they! Ive been using salicylic, glycolic acid, and retinoic acid. They work for me,fortunately! but these acids are good as they are also drying. So lately, i have tried to stop using them only to have breakouts as aftermath. So i searched for a better regimen for my skin type and stumbled with clay masks. I have to used again my holy three acids though, plus my newly discovered AZTEC INDIAN HEALING CLAY MASK.

With breakouts on, i used the clay for 4 consecutive nights. On the 4th day, whiteheads emerge, plus 2 cystic acne on the left cheek. Horrible! But i never lost hope, and just think my skin is purging! I continued on the 5th and 6th night. On the 7th day, the cysts are starting to decrease in size, with the whitehead coming on top. On the 7th night i stop using the clay and continue on the 8th and planning to use alternately. On the 9th day, the 2 cysts are less visible with only flat reddish mark left that is easy to conceal with foundation. wew!

Im on the 10th day, my skin has improved that much!!! the whiteheads have fallen out with the help of the acids. Redness has lessened very much. With only few acne marks visible that are concealable with cosmetics. This is indeed a very good clay mask to incorporate on your regimen for acne prone skin. I cant say if it can work alone, maybe for clear skin but not much for skin type like mine. It deeply cleansed your skin. Thus a faster healing process.

I hope everyone with acne problems can try this:)

This stuff is good, but don't OVERDO it!
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

Where to start? This stuff has been with me through the years, always around from when my acne was at it's worst to when it cleared up. So I will say that this stuff is a good treatment, but will NOT get rid of all your acne forever -just like any surface treatment it doesn't solve the inner puzzle going on with acne.

All that aside, it's great as a spot treatment. If you've never used it before, it can be pretty intense. I usually took a little and mixed it in the cap with warm water, then applied to pimples (10-20 mins).

My tips:

1) Don't leave it on for longer than 20 minutes. It will dry after 10 mins or so if you don't go crazy and use too much.

2) Don't put it all over yo' face. Even if you have lots of acne, try to keep it only on the active pimples, so where your pores are clogged the most. If you use it everywhere you will be damaging your skin's outer acid mantle (the equilibrium your epidermis is always trying to keep) and dry out your skin. Which will, ironically, make your skin produce a bunch of more sebum in an attempt to remedy the dryness.

3) Don't pick it off, wash it off. This stuff dries like cement, and can easily damage your skin in it's dry form. Idk why but I had the urge to pull it off. Don't do it! You'll thank me later.

4) Moisturize IMMEDIATELY after. Do it! Your skin is fragile and doing these kinds of things like slathering drying clay on it can be traumatizing. If you're at a loss and think ALL moisturizers are evil and clog your pores, I recommend Argan oil. It's the only thing that worked for me when my acne was at it's worst.

5) Don't overuse this stuff. Like I said earlier, it's strong stuff. Even if it's all-natural. Think of it as an alternative to TTO or BP ...not an addition to them. Once a week is probably enough for most people.

Hope this review helps!

amazing stuff was sceptical at first
Reviewed on November 29, 2015

i have tried so much stuff for my mild/moderate acne including duac and isotrexin cream i suffer from spots and cysts on my jawline and a few zits on my chin, it clears up almost completely in the summer but as it is winter now it was getting really bad so i thought i would give it a go. i live in the uk and bought it from amzon for around £8 i also bought some braggs apple cider vinegar to mix it with which costed around £7 which together is so cheap considering the amount of masks u can make with the both. anyway i mix it 50/50 and apply it to my face around every other day and my skin after 1 week has improved dramatically the redness on my jawline has gone down so much and the zits on my chin are basically healed and my skin in general feels softer smoother and cleaner i have also noticed it is less oily. the mask its self is a bit messy so i make a whole pot of it, the smell is also not great so i decided to add a couple of drops of tea tree oil which makes it smell so much better. it feels great on your skin and doesn't over dry my oily skin there are not really any negative things to say about this apart from its a bit annoying to wash off but it is 100 percent worth it and i am so happy what it has done for my skin !

JUST GO FOR IT YOU WONT REGRET IT

Excited to See Results!
Reviewed on October 27, 2015

i was really curious when I started reading reviews on this product. Now considering the fact that 1 pound of it was like $8 on amazon I figured to give it a shot! It came and I mixed my first mask. I was nervous about using ACV cause it tends to break me out so I used lemon juice instead since it has the same acidity as ACV. Mixed one tbs of powder and one tbs of lemon juice and a few drops of water. Came out to a nice creamy paste and I applied it using a clean foundation brush. It wasn't long before it started pulsating and tingling. Then after about 15 mins my whole face felt like it was being sucked in a vacuum! It was strangely pleasing! After about 20 mins I decided to remove it, and it really wasn't to hard, I used a warm washcloth then some paper towels. I made sure to dispose the rest of the mask in the garbage. I looked at my face and was very please! The HUGE pores around my nose were pretty much gone, some black heads still remained but not nearly as bad as it used to be. The rest of my face was a lot more even, and just a tiny bit red. The next day I woke up with a few new bumps but that is supposed to happen since the mask is pulling out all the yuck. I plan on using this every other day for the next two weeks and will come back with results!

Natural is better in the long run!
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

I'm a 37 yr old female who's suffered from cystic/ inflammatory acne since age 12. I've used accutane and just about every other prescription and non prescription available and have had periods of no acne, but it always comes back :-( I've been dairy free for over 2 yrs and still not completely clear.

Been using Aztec secret clay with ACV twice a week for about 3 weeks for 30 min and I have to say I've noticed a huge difference on my skin. My existing acne has cleared up and only one new pimple that cleared up in two days! That's not usually the case for me usually my pimples take weeks to clear up.

My skin looks great with no makeup, haven't said that since accutane over 10 yrs ago. Would never do accutane again... Just saying

Oh I was also using the clay as a spot treatment to clear up the existing acne.

I leave it on over night as a spot treatment.

My extremely oily skin has calmed down tremendously.

I'm hoping this will continue to work :)

Best of luck to anyone who is suffering from acne. I know acne is a self esteem killer and can change ur happy personality to a introverted sad personality. Hang in there and don't give up.

Thank you mother Nature!
Reviewed on February 17, 2015

I've been suffering from acne for the past 9 years. It wasn't until I decided to let nature take its course and stop all of the unnatural treatments (BP, birth control salicylic acid cleansers, anything "acne" related) about 3 years ago, that my skin finally showed some improvements. But I still wasn't happy. Recently I was going through a good phase when all of the sudden (4 months ago) I started getting crazy cystic pimples along my jawline and cheeks, my skin had never looked like that. I was told it was hormonal acne by amateur dermatologists.

I learned about this clay mask and was glad to hear it was natural. I don't want my body depending on anything that isn't natural. So I decided to try it. I saw a lot of improvement from the 1st application. I've been doing it every day for the past 5 days and never leave it on for less than an hour. I've even taken a nap with it on (about two hours). I don't have an issue with the tightening and the pulsating feeling. I mix it with Braggs ACV and then I remove it in the shower. I follow with Thayer's witch hazel. My face looks very red after I remove it but then it goes away in about 20 minutes.

You see a huge difference in size and pain factor of cystic pimples. Red marks become lighter. Pores shrink and blackheads along my nose disappear. It peels your skin off in a nice way. The redness of the face is a result of increased circulation (pulsating feeling) in the face which stimulates healing and provides more oxygen to cells. My skin has been recovering extremely fast. You see instantaneous results. I love this mask and I hope to keep loving it!

I wish you luck in your journey!

UPDATE! 09/04/15

Right after I learned the benefits of the clay on my skin, I started to really research it and found out that it was even better when ingested. I began drinking the clay and I started out slowly because I did not want to make my body sick due to the detoxification. Unfortunately, I did get sick. I had diarrhea and was throwing up. This can happen when your body is detoxifying. I gave the clay a break for a week and then went back to drinking it every other day. I began this process in early January. Now my face looks great, I have a couple of acne marks that don't bother me and also the clay helps with scarring too so I know it will eventually get taken care of. I rarely ever get any pimples and when I do it's small and I just apply clay as a spot treatment and it dries it out very quick. My pores look smaller and cleaner. I'm very happy with how my skin has been.

Nowadays all I do is wash my face with a gentle cleanser and use a moisturizer from bareminerals. I drink clay probably three times a week (somtimes I'll go a week without drinking it) and I'll do a mask twice a week. Some days when I feel like my skin is getting dry I like to do a manuka mask.

Many people were telling me to get on accutane because my skin was looking terrible. I'm happy I just stayed with the clay. Now all of those people are surprised that I cleared my face up with volcanic ash.

Good luck and don't give up on any routine that you believe could work!

Should I carry on using?
Reviewed on August 25, 2015

I used this product and it cleared my skin for a few days but after that my acne has become worse than before after using it several times.

I'm so embarrassed to even go out the house it's that bad!!

Will I ever reach a point where this stops breaking me out? ( it's been 5 weeks)

Or should I stop using it?

BEST ACNE TREATMENT
Reviewed on August 11, 2015

I have been battling acne since junior high and i couldn't find anything to help it until i decided to order this. I have a lot of little bumps and huge white heads and here and there i get black heads around my nose. This product sucks all the toxins out and has made my huge pores much smaller. Also what has helped my skin is Shea's moisture African Black Soap bar, it doesn't contain harsh chemicals that most cleansers do, which will irritate acne.

Still Not Sure if it's working
Reviewed on July 17, 2015

I have a ton of bumps all over my face. I did some research and found that they were closed comedones and I really wanted to get rid of them. In the sunlight they looked completely disgusting and it was just ugh..

So I tried the clay mask, and I rubbed it on my face, then used a brush to smooth it over.

The next morning, about 90% of my closed comedone bumps have turned into large whiteheads. I'm not squeezing them but hopefully this is a good sign that the clay is bringing the gunk out of the closed comedones.

Also, I remove the mask like this. I wet a washcloth in some hot water and gently wipe my face off, collecting the water in a bowl or basin. Then I pour it down the toilet because I don't want it clogging up my skin. That's it.

Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about this product.

by tulipsandtea on 01/01/2016 02:42
Did your face clear up?
Reviewed on June 23, 2015

Aztec Indian Healing clay is quite literally a miracle in powder form. Prior to my purchasing, I spent countless hours searching through customer reviews reading the success stories of others. I am an individual who suffers from the occasional cystic acne “breakout.” I am extremely cautious of the products based on the relatively sensitive nature of my skin. Although this product is extremely drying, it had little to no effect on the sensitivity of my dry skin; however, I used this product 3 times within a 4 day period and it provided me with a smooth, flawless complexion. I mixed this product with equal parts of Apple Cider Vinegar (as directed). Because the smell was off-putting, I added 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil which not only added to the skin clearing benefits; however, it made the mixture smell heavenly! I applied it to my face and removed it after 30 minutes – fortunately, I did not experience any redness or immediate dryness; however, I did notice that a few new cystic bumps seemed to appear. I immediately applied Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and went to bed. The next morning, my face was so smooth. Unfortunately, the bumps still remained. That evening, I applied the facemask again. I noticed no difference in the size of the deep bumps, so, I unfortunately began to try popping them. I was left with even bigger, swollen bumps on my face and slathered a salicylic acid based serum all over. I woke up the next morning with flattened scabs that were difficult to cover. I decided to use very little facial products for the next two days hoping that the damage would subside. By Monday, my face was dry and ridden with several scabs, though I did notice slight improvement. Monday evening, I decided to give this product another try – I am so glad I did! I notice a significant improvement in the size and color of my acne scabs immediately after removing the mask. Again, I applied a moisturizing lotion and went to bed. I woke up this morning with a new face! I was only left with one diminished scab that is easily covered with makeup. I cannot wait to see the type of results I experience tonight! Please, everyone – do not play with your blemishes! Allow this product to work it’s magic!