Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

4.3/5 - 85 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

Aztec Secret  Indian Healing Clay

100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound
updated: 05/25/2016 10:00 UTC

try it
Reviewed on May 24, 2016

This mask does wonders! You can literally feel the mask pulsating and tightening your skin! I use product 2-3times aweek. It keeps my face hydrated and fresh. Skin feels incredibly soft after use and looks detoxified.

amazing
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

Amazing! I tried this after reading the excellent reviews here and this mask dries up new pimples, helps older ones fade, cleans out pores and overall makes my skin look amazing. i mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. It's so inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend!

love this mask
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

this mask works wonder on the acne. i mixed it with apple cider vinega(or tea tree oil). its helping to dry out the active acnes and my skin feels tight and refresh which i love that

No pulsating effect
Reviewed on March 27, 2016

Hi i am 22 yr old female and suffer from oily, acne prone skin. My chin is covered in small cysts, more like under the skin spots .they dont hurt or come to head they are just there and have been for 4 years + . They look horrendous. i feel like i need a deeeeeep cleanse to make whatever is stuck inside come out and so i was recomended this clay mask . I have used it 3+ times now all over my face and dont feel a pulsating effect at all. I am dissapointed as i feel i really need a product like this for my skin. I mix it equal parts with regular apple cider vinegar . It sizzles as i make it but on my face its just like a regular face mask . It dries up , i wash it , i get a tiny bit of redness but thats all. Am i using it correctly?

by sdg0512 on 04/11/2016 03:06
How are you mixing it? If you're using a metal spoon/fork to mix it, it takes away from the clay. Try using a plastic soon or put both the clay and vinegar (or whatever you use to mix it) in a little ziploc bag and shake shake shake.
it didn't work for me
Reviewed on February 23, 2016

I was really excited to try this mask, but sadlly it didn't work for me..

I noticed that every small pimple i had, turned into huge, inflammed and really really really painful cyst, i don't even want to remember how awful it was, so later on i used the yogurt/corn mask to just let my face calm down..

May be my fault was that i was using it daily -_-

by jz1197 on 02/29/2016 22:09
Definitely don't use this everyday. Just once a week. use other lighter lotions/acne control in combination with this mask. You'll probably get better results.
Please try this!
Reviewed on February 6, 2016

hi:)

ive been on reviews on beauty products that i have been using. To start with, im in the oily-acne prone skin. I have a serious battle of acne way back my college days. Since then i cant go on everyday without using my treatments. They works for me. Yes, they! Ive been using salicylic, glycolic acid, and retinoic acid. They work for me,fortunately! but these acids are good as they are also drying. So lately, i have tried to stop using them only to have breakouts as aftermath. So i searched for a better regimen for my skin type and stumbled with clay masks. I have to used again my holy three acids though, plus my newly discovered AZTEC INDIAN HEALING CLAY MASK.

With breakouts on, i used the clay for 4 consecutive nights. On the 4th day, whiteheads emerge, plus 2 cystic acne on the left cheek. Horrible! But i never lost hope, and just think my skin is purging! I continued on the 5th and 6th night. On the 7th day, the cysts are starting to decrease in size, with the whitehead coming on top. On the 7th night i stop using the clay and continue on the 8th and planning to use alternately. On the 9th day, the 2 cysts are less visible with only flat reddish mark left that is easy to conceal with foundation. wew!

Im on the 10th day, my skin has improved that much!!! the whiteheads have fallen out with the help of the acids. Redness has lessened very much. With only few acne marks visible that are concealable with cosmetics. This is indeed a very good clay mask to incorporate on your regimen for acne prone skin. I cant say if it can work alone, maybe for clear skin but not much for skin type like mine. It deeply cleansed your skin. Thus a faster healing process.

I hope everyone with acne problems can try this:)

by Phitendeavor3 on 02/23/2016 21:51
What kind of cleaners & moisturizers do you use??
This stuff is good, but don't OVERDO it!
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

Where to start? This stuff has been with me through the years, always around from when my acne was at it's worst to when it cleared up. So I will say that this stuff is a good treatment, but will NOT get rid of all your acne forever -just like any surface treatment it doesn't solve the inner puzzle going on with acne.

All that aside, it's great as a spot treatment. If you've never used it before, it can be pretty intense. I usually took a little and mixed it in the cap with warm water, then applied to pimples (10-20 mins).

My tips:

1) Don't leave it on for longer than 20 minutes. It will dry after 10 mins or so if you don't go crazy and use too much.

2) Don't put it all over yo' face. Even if you have lots of acne, try to keep it only on the active pimples, so where your pores are clogged the most. If you use it everywhere you will be damaging your skin's outer acid mantle (the equilibrium your epidermis is always trying to keep) and dry out your skin. Which will, ironically, make your skin produce a bunch of more sebum in an attempt to remedy the dryness.

3) Don't pick it off, wash it off. This stuff dries like cement, and can easily damage your skin in it's dry form. Idk why but I had the urge to pull it off. Don't do it! You'll thank me later.

4) Moisturize IMMEDIATELY after. Do it! Your skin is fragile and doing these kinds of things like slathering drying clay on it can be traumatizing. If you're at a loss and think ALL moisturizers are evil and clog your pores, I recommend Argan oil. It's the only thing that worked for me when my acne was at it's worst.

5) Don't overuse this stuff. Like I said earlier, it's strong stuff. Even if it's all-natural. Think of it as an alternative to TTO or BP ...not an addition to them. Once a week is probably enough for most people.

Hope this review helps!

amazing stuff was sceptical at first
Reviewed on November 29, 2015

i have tried so much stuff for my mild/moderate acne including duac and isotrexin cream i suffer from spots and cysts on my jawline and a few zits on my chin, it clears up almost completely in the summer but as it is winter now it was getting really bad so i thought i would give it a go. i live in the uk and bought it from amzon for around £8 i also bought some braggs apple cider vinegar to mix it with which costed around £7 which together is so cheap considering the amount of masks u can make with the both. anyway i mix it 50/50 and apply it to my face around every other day and my skin after 1 week has improved dramatically the redness on my jawline has gone down so much and the zits on my chin are basically healed and my skin in general feels softer smoother and cleaner i have also noticed it is less oily. the mask its self is a bit messy so i make a whole pot of it, the smell is also not great so i decided to add a couple of drops of tea tree oil which makes it smell so much better. it feels great on your skin and doesn't over dry my oily skin there are not really any negative things to say about this apart from its a bit annoying to wash off but it is 100 percent worth it and i am so happy what it has done for my skin !

JUST GO FOR IT YOU WONT REGRET IT

Excited to See Results!
Reviewed on October 27, 2015

i was really curious when I started reading reviews on this product. Now considering the fact that 1 pound of it was like $8 on amazon I figured to give it a shot! It came and I mixed my first mask. I was nervous about using ACV cause it tends to break me out so I used lemon juice instead since it has the same acidity as ACV. Mixed one tbs of powder and one tbs of lemon juice and a few drops of water. Came out to a nice creamy paste and I applied it using a clean foundation brush. It wasn't long before it started pulsating and tingling. Then after about 15 mins my whole face felt like it was being sucked in a vacuum! It was strangely pleasing! After about 20 mins I decided to remove it, and it really wasn't to hard, I used a warm washcloth then some paper towels. I made sure to dispose the rest of the mask in the garbage. I looked at my face and was very please! The HUGE pores around my nose were pretty much gone, some black heads still remained but not nearly as bad as it used to be. The rest of my face was a lot more even, and just a tiny bit red. The next day I woke up with a few new bumps but that is supposed to happen since the mask is pulling out all the yuck. I plan on using this every other day for the next two weeks and will come back with results!

Natural is better in the long run!
Reviewed on October 3, 2015

I'm a 37 yr old female who's suffered from cystic/ inflammatory acne since age 12. I've used accutane and just about every other prescription and non prescription available and have had periods of no acne, but it always comes back :-( I've been dairy free for over 2 yrs and still not completely clear.

Been using Aztec secret clay with ACV twice a week for about 3 weeks for 30 min and I have to say I've noticed a huge difference on my skin. My existing acne has cleared up and only one new pimple that cleared up in two days! That's not usually the case for me usually my pimples take weeks to clear up.

My skin looks great with no makeup, haven't said that since accutane over 10 yrs ago. Would never do accutane again... Just saying

Oh I was also using the clay as a spot treatment to clear up the existing acne.

I leave it on over night as a spot treatment.

My extremely oily skin has calmed down tremendously.

I'm hoping this will continue to work :)

Best of luck to anyone who is suffering from acne. I know acne is a self esteem killer and can change ur happy personality to a introverted sad personality. Hang in there and don't give up.

by Phitendeavor3 on 02/25/2016 19:35
What kind of cleansers & moisturizers do you use?!