Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay reviews

3.5/5 - 13 reviews

Brand: Aztec Secret

100% natural calcium bentonite (green) clay.

Surprised by all the positive reviews
Reviewed on June 16, 2013

I used this product with ACV and although it made my skin feel smooth for a couple hours after I would remove the mask, I would usually get breakouts in the days following. If I was not acne prone I would probably use this stuff because I love the way it makes my face feel. However, it is way too drying for use with Dan's regimen. Also be careful, this may clog sinks.

Reviewed on May 1, 2013

Not sure what all the hype is about. I tried this several times, both with just water and apple cider vinegar, and I didn't notice a difference in my skin. In fact, I think it made my skin a bit worse, and not because the clay pulled out impurities. I didn't feel it working, even when I left it on for 30 minutes.

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this product. I felt like it made my skin too dry & irritated and actually made my breakouts worse. Since using this, I've been on Dan's regimen for about 2 months and I've had much better results.

Reviewed on February 17, 2013

This product has great reviews everywhere, but every time I use it with ACV I break out. I thought my acne would just get worse before getting better but it would always get worse the next day.

Reviewed on February 4, 2013

Get this mask. You'd wish you got this sooner

Reviewed on September 13, 2012

i have only started using this product mixing it Apple cider vinegar as a masque (1hour wearing)

I feel this is going to be a good treatment as I have very oily skin with very aggravated red cystic acne! :(

with oily skin/ acneic we need to draw out all impurities and oils, killing the bacteria. will update in a month to see outcome.

Reviewed on May 8, 2012

I've been using bentonite clay for about a month now and I really feel like it has helped my skin a lot. At the moment my skin is completely clear except for one small under the skin pimple that started to come up. I don't expect it to even come all the way up, as the clay has been pretty much keeping my skin clear. Okay, so this is what I've been doing.

I mix equal parts Clay and Coconut oil and use the mixture to exfoliate my face. It won't harden at all; it will feel like diluted paste. The clay will bead up slightly, but if you are noticing huge clay chunks, you may have used too much clay. I scrub scrub scrub...its not irritating at all...the coconut oil soothes and the clay exfoliates.

Next, I put a little water on my hands and rub that all over my face, this turns the clay into a mask. I leave that on for 5-15 mins. The mask doesn't get overly dry or irritate my face b/c of the coconut oil, but it will still harden.

Then I rinse the mask off and tone with diluted tea tree oil. My face isn't typically really dry after this process, but if it is, I’ll dab a bit of jojoba oil or light moisturizer on it. That's all...my face has been feeling so soft, clean, and refreshed!

Side Note: The first 8 days of using the clay, my skin broke out a lot. The clay pulled out all the crud. That being said, I don't think I really have to tell anyone one this site the importance of doing the internal work along with the external. Hope this helps someone!

Reviewed on December 29, 2011

Give it a try. Hopefully you will have the same great results that I have had with this product!

Reviewed on August 1, 2011

Works. Helps clear my skin and makes my pores smaller. I actually enjoy the tightening sensation. It kinda tickles my face haha