Page 2 of Azelex Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.9/5 - 212 reviews

Brand: Azelex

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Cetearyl octanoate; glycerin; glyceryl stearate and cetearyl alcohol and cetyl palmitate and cocoglycerides; PEG-5 glyceryl stearate; propylene glycol; and purified water. Benzoic acid is present as a preservative.

Azelex Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

Very impressed! I was kinda of concerned with the other reviews, thinking my breakouts would get much worse, they did not. Not kidding,By the first use I saw an improvement,not something I can say about any other product. Try it, you will be impressed, do not over use.

Reviewed on December 13, 2012

Do not use any product which contains this acid, it's very painful. It made my skin dry and irritate it. My acne got worst, like a 60% worst. Right now I'm in a lot of pain and I just used it for 7 days! :(

I'm not sure if my acne could still be called light acne, it looks more like moderate right now. 7 days of that acid meant dead to my face :(

by Inde on 09/21/2014 11:22
Do look into a SYSTEMIC connection with your acne. Its probably GUT related!
Reviewed on November 21, 2012

i have had acne for 15 yr now....i have tried almost every single medicine out there...most are effective but after i stop using them my acne comes back. I don't want to use accutane because of the bad side effects. ive been on azelaic acid for 3 weeks far its working good...lets wait and see what happens after a month or two.

Reviewed on October 9, 2012

This stuff is fantastic. I tried everything to clear up some hormonal body acne (after going off birth control pills) for months: salicylic acid body wash, BP, AHA, Retin-A. I had bright red, rashy acne all over my chest, neck and back and after a week, it's 80% gone. GONE. This started to work after only four days (applied twice a day). Coincidentally, that is how long the burning and itching occurred after use. It was almost unbearable the first 4-5 times of using it (for about 30 minutes after application) but it gradually got better and by the fourth day, there was no irritation at all. Stay with it!

Reviewed on October 1, 2012

I love this stuff. My doctor prescribed it to me to use in the morning with my Benzoyl Peroxide and since that time I've noticed a difference in my skin. My skin went from having several new pimples a day to one or two a week. It stings a little and leaves the skin a but sticky to the touch BUT putting the benzoyl peroxide on after really helps. I also use Retin-A at night alone. I started at the same time at the Azelaic Acid so I think it's all three together.

Reviewed on September 15, 2012

I came off the pill to conceive and my teenage acne that I left 10 years behind me reappeared! Because I was trying to conceive there were very few options open to me- I took erythromycin but added this to my regime and it made a big difference. I wanted to recommend this to anyone in the same position. It stings a little but no redness or peeling and should be used twice a day for max results. Im hooked until I can start back on Dianette! Also- maxfactor 24 hour concealer is brilliant for spots.

Reviewed on August 10, 2012

I've used retin-A, clindamycin, benzaclin, and azelex over the years and azelex is the only one I still use. My derm prescribed it because benzaclin was making me peel like crazy, and once I switched all the redness and flakiness went away. I don't think it controls major cystic acne, but for those in their mid-twenties who still suffer from breakouts azelex is perfect. I always forget how much of a difference it makes until I run out and have to wait to see the doctor to get a new prescription. When I stop using it I get the same old breakouts I used to get.

I would definitely recommend it for those with mild-moderate adult acne. My skin can't take any of my other prescription products anymore and I think the Azelex is gentler but just as effective for me.

Reviewed on July 8, 2012

I used this for a month and it didn't help at all. It didn't make things worse but it didn't help them either. But that doesn't mean it won't work for you what I learned is everyone is different and will respond differently so you just gotta keep trying and see what works for you.

Reviewed on June 28, 2012

My skin has been a NIGHTMARE since using this. DO NOT USE THIS. I read a review or two with people claiming similar results and I shrugged them aside. I thought, "That won't be me!" Well, it was me and I feel horrible now. :'(

Reviewed on April 26, 2012

It is not miracle cure, but I find this product much more effective than BP for me. Also with BP my chin and skin just turned red, and that kind of highlighted my acne and scars, rather than improve them.

I've been on Azelaic acid 20% for 6 months now. I really like it. It works. And I don't get redness on my face like before.

I find that it also prevents new breakouts. Before sports I would wash my face and put on the treatment, I find that this helps reduce new breakouts.