Azelex Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.9/5 - 220 reviews

Brand: Azelex

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Cetearyl octanoate; glycerin; glyceryl stearate and cetearyl alcohol and cetyl palmitate and cocoglycerides; PEG-5 glyceryl stearate; propylene glycol; and purified water. Benzoic acid is present as a preservative.

Life saver. Holy water. Heaven sent
Reviewed on February 3, 2017

DUDE. Okay Im sorry, I'm just a little bit too excited. I've had acne since I was about 10, I'm 23 now. I didn't have insurance for the longest so, my acne prevailed. I used hydroquinone mostly in the past and other OTC drugs. I also have acne marks ( brown spots) on my back and chest. In January, I went to the dermatologist and told him I wanted Azeliac. He thought that was a great idea so he prescribed it. I also have Tretinoin 0.1 and 0.025 for my face and back. When I tell you that my chest acne is GONE! It hasn't even been a month yet!!!! Sometimes I look in the mirror and I wonder if it's really me. My face hasn't cleared up yet however, but it's only been a month ( almost) since I've been using it. I have pretty moderate acne marks on my face so I know it's gonna take a while. But this stuff work!!!!!! I will do another update on my face once I see significant results. Point is, if it cleared my body it will clear my face! I also wear makeup a lot and don't wait 20 min before I apply after washing the face. BUT I KNOW IN 2 months I'm gonna be acne free for the first time in my LIFE!!!!!

by AaliyahGarcia on 02/24/2017 19:43
Hi!!! I was thinking of getting azeliac aswell, are one of your skin concerns cloggish pores???
by AaliyahGarcia on 02/24/2017 19:43
Perfect for sensitive skin, cystic acne legions are GONE
Reviewed on January 29, 2017

This was a GODSEND for me. I'm 20 years old and experienced my WORST BREAKOUT EVER about 5 months ago. Cystic, legion-like, hard bumps along my jawline and PAINFUL to simply wash. It would leave me in tears whenever I saw my face without makeup. My naturopath concocted a remedy of sorts, which included a variety of vitamins (some in large doses tbh), a diet change (started about 8 months ago), start of spironolactone (50mg daily) and birth control. I NEEDED something that would cure me at least topically, and I am so blessed that she prescribed this cream. For the first week, you will experience some irritation and stinging, but you will also see a noticeable change - within the first week!!! Here's the best part: no. flaky. skin. It will take time, but within three months your bumps will be gone. ALL SKIN IS DIFFERENT, but this was so amazing for me :) I no longer use this cream because my naturopath told me I could only use for three months, I've been off of it for just over three weeks. Chin area experiences minor breakouts, but I will survive. Forehead is clear, sides of face and jawline just have red scarring which will go away. :) :) :) :) :) :) Best of luck to all of you.

by swoleMom on 03/20/2017 00:28
I'm surprised your naturopath was able to recommend this to you when trying to go natural route. Do you think it was a combo of both? Also good for under the skin bumps?
Love!
Reviewed on December 18, 2016

I had never heard of this drug until I went to the dermatologist in June 2016 because of a recurring cyst on my chin. I wanted a cortisone shot. I told him I refused to use retin a micro due to the initial breakout I had about 4 years ago. My skin is super sensitive and i needed something gentle yet effective, so he prescribed azelex!

I have been using this for six months and have not had one since! It has greatly reduced my hormonal breakouts and smoothed my skin overall. I am very very pleased with this product! I even wrote him a thank you email for his suggestion! Highly recommended for mild to moderate acne!

Azelex acid Purchased without prescription?
Reviewed on November 17, 2016

Can i buy Azelex without dermatologist prescribing it? If so where? Website?

by Michaela123 on 12/01/2016 16:54
I just bought a 10% Azelaic Acid Suspension from the ordinary skincare line (it's a UK brand under Deciem, [link removed]). The product itself was $7.90 for an ounce + $4.99 shipping and it took about 2 weeks to get to me. I also looked at Curology but most of the formulas they make for patients is only around 4% and it's $20 a month. I can't tell you how the Ordinary formula is working so far because I tried it for the first time last night but my inflammation has already decreased a bit and I didn't have any new spots this morning. Hope this helps!
by roxyower on 01/18/2017 00:30
I get mine on Amazon. It's called melazepam. It's 20% azelaic acid which is the highest I've found online without a prescription. I really like it and the tube is 2 oz.
The best thing I've ever used!
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

I've struggled with acne since I was about 21 when I was diagnosed with rosacea and have tried SO many different products/methods to try and shift it. I had great success with BP originally, but my skin became intolerant to it, the same thing happened with Differin after initial good results. Skip forward a couple of years and my acne is back to where it was before I started any kind of treatment, I am now approaching 31 years of age and figured I'd exhausted all of my options with regards to clearing my skin.

Then I discovered azelaic acid (skinoren brand), completely by chance and thought I may as well give it a go. After only 4 weeks I started to notice the difference, I usually have approximately 5 cysts around my jaw at any one time of the month (at their worst before my period), and many smaller pimples covering the rest of my face, after approximately week 4 I noticed they weren't as angry as usual, and that as they were clearing there didn't seem to be any new ones forming to take their place. Once they had healed, and since around week 5 of treatment ... absolutely nothing! All that is left is 1 very tiny pimple which is almost healed, and my skin has never looked so smooth. It's also worth mentioning that I experienced absolutely no side effects with this product, no itching, no dryness, no flaking, no purging, nothing.

I'm not sure how it works in other countries but in the UK this is available to purchase online without a doctors visit (just an online 'consultation'), for £15, which is only about £7 more than an normal prescription from a GP, but saves the inconvenience of taking time off work, trying to book/go to an appointment etc.

Personally I cannot recommend azelaic acid highly enough :)

by OKDERMO-COM on 11/06/2016 17:58
You can get it in okdermo, your welcome.
Eh
Reviewed on July 16, 2016

I certainly do not recommend this product! Before starting I would get a few pimples on my forehead but after using Azelex I have now had pimples everywhere. I also noticed a lot of whiteheads while using it as well as no improvement in my scarring. Please don't be discouraged by this review but be warned!!!! This didn't work for me but it might work for you, remember to never give up and stay persistent!❤️

Um okay,I guess.
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

My doc gave it to me mainly because of red marks(which later turned out to be Post Inflammatory Erythema)..Didn't really use it on spots since I was on Topical clindamycin HCL.Helps PIH a great deal.However,recently,I found it to be doing well on cystic and pustular lesions.

Works extremely well on cystic acne!
Reviewed on February 7, 2016

Azelaic acid seems to work amazing well on deep cystic acne, lessening the inflammation and clearing it up or bringing it to a whitehead in a matter of 3-4 days! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on inflammatory acne for me. I highly recommend this product!

Goodbye comedy red nose
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

Had rosecea for years,spots and broken skin on my nose with redness... anti biotics didn't work, it was starting to get me down a bit so I self prescribed myself with a tube of azeliac acid from eBay, worth atry for 8 English pounds I thought, I cleanse my skin before bed and apply the cream, washing it off in the morning, within a week the rosecea was totally gone, I now cleanse and apply every other night, I now have a worry free social calendar, no more worrying about going out with a nose like coco the clown!

Wonder Drug
Reviewed on July 21, 2015

I have had Rosacea for many years. I take antibiotics two times a day and have used Metrojel 1 percent with no relief. I felt so frustrated because it just got worse. My internist told me there was nothing else that could be done at this time. I received a coupon in the mail for $30.00 for a new product called Azelex Acid. I asked my doctor to write a prescription. With insurance I paid $130.00. I have used it only 5 days and already my skin is improving. I can't believe it. My skin has cleared up and is soft and smooth. The redness and pimples are gone. It is worth every penny.

by NicolaD on 07/28/2015 00:01
I've been using Azelaic acid for a couple of weeks. No improvement yet. I'm shocked that you have to pay so much. In the UK, all prescriptions cost about £8, regardless of the medication. I know the cost to the NHS is only about £3.50 per tube. It's a really cheap drug. I'm really hoping that there's a cheaper way for you to purchase this.