Azelex Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.9/5 - 208 reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Cetearyl octanoate; glycerin; glyceryl stearate and cetearyl alcohol and cetyl palmitate and cocoglycerides; PEG-5 glyceryl stearate; propylene glycol; and purified water. Benzoic acid is present as a preservative.

Fingers Crossed... 2 Weeks
Reviewed on March 30, 2014

This thing is so good !! Cleared up my back and the acne kind of stopped! I can sleep on my back now Yay!! The only thing I don't like is I can't stand to put this on my face, it stings Alooot!! Will update!

THE BEST TOPICAL
Reviewed on March 28, 2014

I am a male and I've had severe acne on my face for about 4 years (age 15-19). I've kept it under control by using Benzaclin for 3 of those years but I noticed it was extremely harsh on my face and damaged it various ways. There is a noticeable difference in color and texture of my face where I've used harsh topicals such as benzoyl peroxide over the years. I have a million redmarks. I stopped Benzaclin and broke out severely and used Dan's regime instead which is mildy effective but you have to use Benzoyl Peroxide which is horrible.

This is the only review I've ever written because this is the best topical I've used. It is gentle, an emollient which moisturizes (you don't need moisturizer), and has provided me with significant improvement while I wait to start Accutane (liver tests need to normalize first). It has brought my severe acne down to about moderate I'd say (some would still say severe). 6 weeks a go when I started I was very depressed about the current state of my acne but now It's definitely more manageable. If you have mild or moderate acne I would HIGHLY recommend you stop damaging your face with benzoyl peroxide (sun sensitivity, oxygenation, free radicals) and get the most gentle, effective topical I've used. If I used this for 6 months I'm sure I would be clear as day but If you stop it does come back.

A LIFE SAVER
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

I started using Axelex in July 2013 and by September my face had clear about 90%.

2 week review
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

So far it's only been 2 weeks of using this product I have moderate acne with past scars from cystic acne. My dermatologist prescribed this cream to me with benzoyl as my face wash. I apply twice a day after washing my face it does burn and sting for a little while and then goes away, so far I'd say its working as far as minimizing the cystic acne I have broke out a little more from using this product but not too much, and the inflammation has gone done but il give it some more time and see what better results il have

Reviewed on May 24, 2013

i just started using azelax yesterday and maybe im just seeing things but my skin looks different. looks a little less inflamed and a little softer. im concerned about one thing i see everyone feels burning i didnt feel anything what so ever when i applied this cream. could that be bad? hoping this stuff really works. ill write another review soon w my results.

by lindamontgomery1967 on 05/01/2014 21:04
Its been a year would you still recommend?
Reviewed on May 20, 2013

I have used Azclear lotion for 3 weeks with great results.. In Australia it only costs $10 over the chemist counter with no prescription or insurance required...I use it once a day coz I found using it twice a day was too drying. Every third night I skip it and only use Akin 100% pure rose hip oil. Also I no longer use harsh washes with salystic acid or benozyl peroxide...they simply strip my skin too much. So now I use Akin Pure Cleansing Gel. Once a week I use a generic Calamine lotion for a 30 minute mask to calm skin and draw out impurities. Anyone who is serious about clearing acne should also minimise sugar, wheat, red meats, coffee, and hot spices...these are flamatory so cause the skin to excrete more sebum.

by Aussiestudentmum79 on 05/20/2013 01:20
I will also add that using natural mineral powder makeup has made a big difference from using liquid foundation. I use Nude brand.
Reviewed on January 3, 2013

Very impressed! I was kinda of concerned with the other reviews, thinking my breakouts would get much worse, they did not. Not kidding,By the first use I saw an improvement,not something I can say about any other product. Try it, you will be impressed, do not over use.

Reviewed on December 13, 2012

Do not use any product which contains this acid, it's very painful. It made my skin dry and irritate it. My acne got worst, like a 60% worst. Right now I'm in a lot of pain and I just used it for 7 days! :(

I'm not sure if my acne could still be called light acne, it looks more like moderate right now. 7 days of that acid meant dead to my face :(

by Inde on 09/21/2014 11:22
Do look into a SYSTEMIC connection with your acne. Its probably GUT related!
Reviewed on November 21, 2012

i have had acne for 15 yr now....i have tried almost every single medicine out there...most are effective but after i stop using them my acne comes back. I don't want to use accutane because of the bad side effects. ive been on azelaic acid for 3 weeks now...so far its working good...lets wait and see what happens after a month or two.

Reviewed on October 9, 2012

This stuff is fantastic. I tried everything to clear up some hormonal body acne (after going off birth control pills) for months: salicylic acid body wash, BP, AHA, Retin-A. I had bright red, rashy acne all over my chest, neck and back and after a week, it's 80% gone. GONE. This started to work after only four days (applied twice a day). Coincidentally, that is how long the burning and itching occurred after use. It was almost unbearable the first 4-5 times of using it (for about 30 minutes after application) but it gradually got better and by the fourth day, there was no irritation at all. Stay with it!