Azelex Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream

Recommended by 85% of visitors

Average price: $36.40

Most helpful review

By Jon, Oregon on 01/03/2013

Very impressed! I was kinda of concerned with the other reviews, thinking my breakouts would get much worse, they did not. Not kidding,By the first use I saw an improvement,not something I can say about any other product. Try it, you will be impressed, do not over use..

Pros:
  • Worked very fast, did not cause big cystic pimples.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Cetearyl octanoate; glycerin; glyceryl stearate and cetearyl alcohol and cetyl palmitate and cocoglycerides; PEG-5 glyceryl stearate; propylene glycol; and purified water. Benzoic acid is present as a preservative.

Member reviews

By on

Definately a great product!

Pros

• Completely kicks the acne out!

Cons

• None so far!
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This does sting when first applied, but it works bottom line. I'd much rather deal with the pain then with having acne. Come on people havent you ever heard the saying, "Beauty is Pain", toughin up it could be worse.

Pros

• Cleared up my acne faster then any other product I've tried and I basically tried em all.

Cons

• None
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

You must not give up on this product. It truly does work if you are patient with it. I have only used this for about a month now and I can't believe how much my face cleared up. It looks and feels so smooth. I no longer have bumpy cheeks!

Pros

• Truly truly truly works! It got rid of cystic acne and made the reduced the redness.

Cons

• Slight tingling and burning when you first apply it. So worth it though!
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 70
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Best topical I've ever used. Has really improved the texture of my skin. Very effective in killing acne... Reduces the lifespan of cysts and unblocks pores to purge comedones. Have been using this for 3 months and noticed slight improvement in PIH (takes about 6 months to see good results). Highly recommend it!

Pros

• Clears non-inflammatory and inflammatory acne, smoother skin, anti-bacterial, non-irritating, not too drying, treats PIH, reasonably priced.

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff burned like fire ants on my face when I first started using it... It was HORRIBLE!!! Tough it out... after two weeks no more burning just clear smooth skin. It didn't do a lot for getting rid of redness or hyperpigmentation... but no more huge hard zits!

Pros

• Cleared up cyctic acne when nothing else worked

Cons

• Price if you don't have insurance
  • moderate
  • for about a year

By on

Works very very well, took two months to see AMAZING results, i had pretty bad acne but now it is 95% clear, just a few very very tiny bumps you can't even see unless you look really really close, also cleared up a lot of the hyperpigmentation and I would say in about a month it will be all gone, I have tried so many products and this has without a doubt worked the best!

Pros

• Feels very silky and smooth on your skin, also fades hyperpigmentation, there is no sensitivity to the sun

Cons

• maybe price if you don't have insurance
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

a wonderful product for acne as well as hyperpigmentation.

Pros

• take very few days to work and my marks are fading every passing day.Great product

Cons

• none at all
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have a history of acne and now I struggle with rosacea. I've tried it all. Tazorac, Ziana, differin, accutane once a week. Recently I had been using Ziana to improve texture and help with the rosacea breakouts. I didn't realize it was making my face worse. I was an oil slick by 2 pm! I began to get hard cyst-like pimples on my chin. The minute I stopped using it and switched to Finacea, my skin began to clear again.

Pros

• Results were immediate. Not too drying. No new breakouts since I started.

Cons

• Make sure you let your skin dry for 20 minutes after washing, before applying the Finacea. Keeps the itching down.
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My rosacea got pretty bad over the last 2 weeks. The cheecks and chin are red like beets, feels like I'm runnig a fever and the face is covered with tiny white bumps that itch. It was getting progressively worse and my doctor prescribed me azelex. She didn't tell me much what it does and the pharmacist said it was an acid, so I was reluctant to use it twice a day, especially that it burns. I used it maybe a cople times and then had to wash it off with water after 1-2 hours of non-stop mild but anoying burning.

After reading some of the reviews I sucked it up and started using it as prescribed. It improved my skin condition significantly. Although I'm still red, the bumps are smaller now and the whiteheads come off.

I have oily skin and this creme helps to keep it dry. I'm surprised to find out that it supposedly works for blackheads, so I'll try to use it on my nose and forehead as well.

Reading all the reviews it looks like it works differently for everyone, but is worth try

Pros

• It worked for my severe rosacea. I started using it 3 days ago along with doxycicline and can see the results.

Cons

• Expensive, burns and itches like crazy at first.
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 50
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

just try it, you never know what will work for you. This worked wonderfully for me so I absolutely recommend you try it!

Pros

• this works soooo well!!! I've had acne for years and have tried everything but nothing worked. My doctor prescribed this for me and literally as soon as I used it I noticed improvement. It's been two weeks and almost all of my acne is gone! =)

Cons

• none
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.