Page 4 of Azelex Azelaic Acid (20%) Cream reviews

3.9/5 - 209 reviews

Azelaic Acid (20%).

Cetearyl octanoate; glycerin; glyceryl stearate and cetearyl alcohol and cetyl palmitate and cocoglycerides; PEG-5 glyceryl stearate; propylene glycol; and purified water. Benzoic acid is present as a preservative.

Reviewed on November 8, 2010

Just adding to my review from a few months ago....

I would reccomend this to anyone with acne. Especially anyone who has body acne because BP is often just too much of a restriction on your life. With BP you cant sleep on friends sheets cause you will bleach them, can't wear the sexy black dress or top cause if you sweat you will bleach it... etc etc

I think its shocking this is not prescribed more often. Its amazing and more people should know about it. I use the Finacea 15% gel.

Reviewed on November 7, 2010

so my chest and my back are ridiculously allergic to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid does absolutely nothing, so I just kind of always have had gross back and chest acne since 7th grade (I'm now in my third year of grad school, a good 12 years later). I went to the dermatologist, looking for a cure for my recently emerging (at 24, neat!) facial acne problem, and he suggested this product. i did not see any improvement in two months in my facial acne, but now my back and chest are clear! if I do get an errant back or chest pimple, however, azelex does nothing to make it go away, but it does an awesome job of keeping it under control. I think it's worth a try, and seriously, the tingling is nothing. so in short, works freaking miracles on the chest and back area (after 2 months mind you) but it didn't do anything for my newly developed adult acne.

Reviewed on September 3, 2010

I used this products for 3 months and did not see any improvements in my acne, which was nodular and inflamed. This may work for some, especially those with non-inflammatory acne. For this with cystic or nodular acne, I do not think this topical helps at all. This product did burn my skin when I over-exfoliated, but I attribute this to my skin simply being a bit raw.

Reviewed on August 29, 2010

When I first used this all my lumpy gross pimples were FLAT but my skin was pink, this didn't dry out my skin. It may be a little expensive if your insurance doesn't cover it. It lightened my skin a little bit but nothing major. I will continue using this:)

Reviewed on August 27, 2010

Hasn't changed my acne whatsoever, is leaving my skin very greasy and difficult to wear under makeup.

Will persevere for another couple of weeks to see if it makes any difference, but so far nothing.

Not as bad as some side effects I've had, but of everything I've tried (10 or so different pills and/or solutions) it's been the least effective.

Reviewed on June 30, 2010

I would reccomend this to anyone who has body acne as BP is often just too much of a restriction on your life. Cant sleep on friends sheets cause you will bleach them with BP, can't wear the sexy black dress or top cause if you sweat you will bleach it... etc etc

its great stuff and since using it my skin has really improved, i dont like to review "too soon" but I prefer this so much I wanted to share the word as so few ppl know about this treatment. BTW I have been using once a day.

I will do another review after 6 weeks xx

Reviewed on June 20, 2010

I’ve been using azelaic acid on my chest for a week now and my chest is already less red. So far I’m positive! No irritation, itchiness, redness or whatever. I’m curious what happens when you stop using it. Will the acne come back worse than before using azelaic acid?

Reviewed on April 21, 2010

This is the first time I review a product, I never do , I guess I am kind of lazy but thinking about all the other fellows who struggle with this issue I felt I should pass this on...This cream is wonderful, I try everything including antibiotics and nothing worked...Also, my skin is very sensitive and it tends to dry a lot. This cream cleared my skin and made all the acne marks fade away, it makes the pimples appear less often it they do at all. Give it a try and don't give up on having beautiful skin...!!! By the way, I think you can only get it with a prescription from your doctor which I think is the best way to go instead of buying a product over the counter which they usually don't work for more serious cases.

Good luck!!!

Reviewed on March 19, 2010

I've tried everything, to include accutane. This stuff works.