Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser reviews

4.3/5 - 14 reviews

Brand: Avene

Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser

Avene Thermal Spring Water, Water, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Zinc Gluconate.

Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser

Early days, but really pleasing results!
Reviewed on January 29, 2017

I am LOVING Avene's cleanance range.

I was introduced to the range (Cleanance gel, Cleanance Expert day/night creme, TriAcneal night cream and Cleanance Matte toner) in a sample size "acne treatment" starter kit at my local chemist. I decided to give it a try - the sample pack was cheap, and I'd read good reviews. I considered the fact that despite trying countless products for my acne, I had never tried a complete skin regime, consisting of several elements, such as the Avene Cleanance range. Knowing that I would be incorporating a consistent regime using a complete step-by-step system was pleasing.

The Avene website has really great video tutorials on the recommended correct application of each product. I highly recommend watching these. I follow these instructions almost exactly.

The Cleanance gel (cleanser, used in my morning and evening showers) is the first step to my daily routine. I apply an amount the size of a 20c coin to my wet palm, and use both palms to lather the gel. Surprisingly, this cleanser lathers amazingly well - something rare for a paraben and sulphate free product. I use incredibly light pressure with 3 fingertips and give my face a thorough but gentle cleanse, extending the product to my neck. I rinse with no physical contact - no rubbing - just as the Acne.org regimen suggests.

The cleanser leaves my skin silky smooth and oil-free, while not being drying at all.

Once my face is dry, I apply the Cleanance Matte toning lotion with a cotton pad. I do this very lightly. Once this dries, I follow with the Cleanance Expert creme, which is optionally day/night. This moisturiser is incredibly light-weight and keeps my skin oil-free. Come night time, I alternate between using the TriAcneal creme (treatment), organic aloe-vera grown in my back yard (I apply this directly, straight from the flesh, every 2nd-3rd night rather than using TriAcneal every night, which I find can be too drying) or the Cleanance Expert creme on the rare night where I need a hint of moisture.

The results I have experience from this skincare routine and these products are fantastic - so far. My skin tone is much more even, and I have a healthy glow. While I have gotten the occasional white head, they are easily popped (when necessary) and the residual redness is greatly reduced compared to post-white head redness before using this skin care. My scars are also noticeably less red - I love!!

Will update on my progress :)

Broke me out
Reviewed on March 25, 2016

I had clear skin after taking accutane and thought this might help prevent future breakouts, but afte washing my face with it once a day for 3 days, the first cysts started to come up right the morning after I washed my face, went back to "water only" its the best for my hyper-sensitive skin.

starting to love it...
Reviewed on October 21, 2015

the dermatologist suggested me this, and im loving it, the mild scent, for not being too foamy, and the feeling of soft skin after i rinse, in combination with avene expert, oily T zone no more!!!

OMG!!!!!!!Great!!!!!!
Reviewed on April 26, 2014

i had used this face wash for about 2 weeks and i love it so mush !!<3

i use this face wash at morning and at night .i use ACV as my face toner and i use Avene cleanene K at night for the morning i use aloe vera gel after tonning with ACV !

My Perfect Wash!!
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

This is so my favorite wash!! I love how it SLS free, it also cleans without over drying (thanks to avene thermal water) also doesn't break me out.

greattttt
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

I used to use this a year ago but now I moved and I can't find it anymore and I use another great product. but this leaves u with a clean feeling.

by palegreeneyes on 06/22/2014 13:07
[link removed]
Best cleanser I've ever used!
Reviewed on July 24, 2013

This is by FAR the best cleanser I've ever used! I bought it because I wanted to avoid Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphate as it is highly comedogenic and is in nearly every cleanser! All of the ingredients in this one are completely non-comedogenic.

It's not badly priced at £8 in the UK and my skin improved dramatically within 2 weeks of using this! It's very gentle and non drying but has brilliant oil control and really gives a deep clean. I still use it now that I'm 3 months into accutane and it's not too drying even now.

I only use this in the morning and a cleansing balm at night.

I have used this cleanser for 4 months now and I have a little less than half the bottle left so it really is great value! :)

I've now used this cleanser for 7 months and I'm STILL not through my first bottle!

Also, the price has gone up to £10.50 :/ still worth it but kind of annoying

HT, Sydney
Reviewed on May 7, 2012

I love this cleanser because it has improved the quality of my skin which is combination/oily. I wanted a cleanser that would 'dry out' and clean my skin without overdoing it. I found Neutrogena products way too harsh for my skin and at a young age I was already getting tiny wrinkles and a rough texture.

My skin has dramatically improved using Avene alongside a hydrating moisturiser supplied by Missha. I am also taking Zinc tablets. The combination of Avene, moisturising and Zinc seems to be working :)

Reviewed on February 27, 2012

I finally feel like I've found a good cleanser. It's gel based and you work it into a lather. My skin always feels clean afterwards. It also hasn't annoyed my eczema or broken me out. It's to soon to tell if it has improved my pimples but even if it doesn't I will continue to use. My skin already looks healthier. It's taken me months to find a cleanser that is truly pH balanced (aka 4-5.5) and my skin so far loves me for it!

by ellequin on 04/29/2015 16:41
This product has a pH of 7.2 actually: [link removed]
by yue_blue on 07/24/2016 08:26
Did it help clearing out your pimples? If it did, how long did it take? Thank you..
Eva, Toronto, ON
Reviewed on November 13, 2011

Just don't rely completely on this to get your skin to a better state. Cleaning it on a regular basis with the right type of cleanser for your skin type is only step 1.

It feels pretty gentle and cleans well, for my skin anyways. I do prefer only to use this once a day (in the evening). So I know the day's dirt is properly cleaned off. But I don't wear make-up so it works fine for me.

In the morning I do opt for something more gentle (like Spectro Gel or very super mild cleansers). Just because I go to sleep almost within an hour or two after I do my evening cleaning routine so I don't really need something harsh.

Btw, this was recommended by my dermatologist (after I asked him what is the best cleanser for my skin, not because he wanted to snow me with all kinds of expenses). But the other products of Avene was a nightmare for my skin, both cosmetic products and skin products. Those were not recommended by my dr. but I figure I'd try them cause it was the same company. And boy, was I wrong....